/wtg/ War Thunder General

Patch 1.61 release edition
Changelog:
warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/600/

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>teamspeak
ts.gonnahate.org

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/600/
youtube.com/watch?v=pC-xissxK_o
youtu.be/o4lyOKPLjZI?t=3m2s
forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/324843-m60a1-m60-terrible-armour-nerfs-dev-server/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M117_Bastion
youtube.com/watch?v=QXay1pdfQpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for nazibooing

slavs are in fact NOT white

see you on the other side.

So, what BR did they put the P-47N at?

why are we even excited for this

dude, even fucking indians from india are white and the more so aryan

who ever said we were

Only the wallet warriors are excited.

Well I'm not. I might buy the Brummbar for the memes and eventually grind out the T-62 but now all I feel like doing is going and playing another game until ships come out near christmas.

>until ships come out near christmas
Is that confirmed?

Well AFAIK Gaijin confirmed they're coming this year. I'm just making the logical assumption that from a business standpoint, it'd be most advantageous to release a major update like that during the christmas period when the most people could play it.

In saying that, 1.61 was also supposed to be an SPAA patch, and we haven't had a single SPAA added.

gaijin promised
take that for what you want

I barely use HEAT on M46, M82 is far more fun to use as it can nuke shit from flanks. It's both faster and more armoured than the Panther II and you would be surprised how many things 200mm pen HEAT can actually penetrate if you actually aim. You can finally take the 7.3BR slavs head-on with it. With 320mm of pen, M47 can hold its ground, yes. Have you considered the fact it might be the problem with you? I'm not even joking, mind you, I talismaned both of those vehicles and they are far better than people think.

And funny you should mention KJP and Maus, because both of them get constantly uptiered to 8.0BR. You don't have that problem with M47 and let alone M46. You're not forced to constantly play 8.0BR with them, you can play them normally and once you unlock HEAT/HEAT-FS, you can use them as a backup. With KJP you'll eventually unlock HEAT-FS, but Maus stays as it is. It's a bunker, but with everyone shooting APDS or HEAT-FS, it's pointless to use it. Panther II's 88 might be fine at its BR, but you will be forced to flank, while M46/M47 can hold its ground frontally.
We aren't desu

Is the server up yet?

>It's both faster and more armoured than the Panther II
>It's a bunker, but with everyone shooting APDS or HEAT-FS, it's pointless to use it
>M46/M47 can hold its ground frontally
Pic related

>Have you considered the fact it might be the problem with you?
I don't have a problem with the M46, the M47 is a hot steaming pile of shit that I can't be bothered to grind after the M46 though. My problem is with you saying they're good enough to hold their own at 8.0, yet in the same breath say that the German Tier V tanks can't. You can't have one or the other.

>m82
>nuke round

ahah

ahhahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Well memed friend +1 GE

>it turns the crew a slightly darker shade of yellow than the 76mm APHE shell does, therefore it's a nuke round

Besides, the actual M82 round that everyone calls the nuke round is the one the Spershing, T32 and M26E1 fire, because it actually has decent penetration to back up the decent explosive filler.

I didn't get in a minute ago.

I personally think the round sucks more balls than HAF on a Saturday night.

>Fiat Cr.42, I-15 (all modifications), Swordfish Mk.I – Flight model has been reworked. Vibration and stability damping has been considered. Engine-propeller-system has been updated. Fuel consumption priority has been switched on, thermodynamics have been updated.

they nerfed op biplanes?

Gas yourself ULQ shitter

how do i get in on this action?

With top tier ammo unlocked, they can, yes, that's why I said you can use them as a backup once you unlock HEAT/HEAT-FS at 8.0BR. You will get HEAT or HEAT-FS on them, you won't on Panther II (which isn't even a tier 5 now anymore) or Maus. You can use any vehicle as a backup if you flank, but you will need HEAT-FS at tier 5 to counter meme bounces.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Panther II or Maus can't hold their ground at 8.0BR, I'm just saying M46 and M47 will be a better backup at 8.0BR as they get ammo that neglects armour, while Panther II and Maus will still feel the meme bounce with their APHE.

KJP may be good with HEAT-FS, but that at the end leaves you with exactly two HEAT-FS using vehicles and that was the original point. Meanwhile US has two M60s, M48, M47, M103. USSR has T-62, T-54 '51, SU-122-44 and T-10M. You can say M47 is bad all you want, but it does get HEAT-FS eventually and all vehicles have to unlock that.

WHEN WILL SERVER MAINTENANCE BE DONE

What vehicles were they "refining" again?

The ones that pose a threat to the new soviet vehicles )))

i fucking love the interface when they give you the link and you can neither click nor copy it

So something you seem to be neglecting is that the Panther II is both better armoured, has better acceleration, has a faster top speed and a better gun than the M46 and M47 without HEAT-FS. Yet you've asserted multiple times how it's inferior in those respects.

If I didn't know any better user, I'd say you're talking completely out of your ass.

In any case, this whole bullshit about the amount of vehicles you can pull out at 8.0 is a moot point anyways, because to get that many SP you'd have to fucking steamroll the entire enemy team on your own in the first place, and that team would still have to be able to kill you and respawn themselves multiple times. Past 3 tanks the chance of needing another one to respawn in is close to nil, especially if you bring the 229 or Narwhal to fill out the lineup.

So every tank with that uses apds rounds?

what other advantages sea fury has over spitfires except her rotor engine and rockets...

also the mock friendly airfield i complained of in the previous thread, found the pic while checking for fly-by ship screenshots, this landing was considered death

Never, the maintenance was a lie, they are shutting down the servers finally.
M60, Leo, M48, .50cal using planes etc. warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/600/

>Ram in US line and not British.

Eh?

Gaijin, please.

I Ram'd your mum.

but would you ram him if he dresses cutely?

Sorry.

>him
nice oxymoron, HAF

And something you apparently still seem to be neglecting is the fact we are talking about using those as a backup for 8.0BR, not what vehicles are like at its tier. Armour is irrelevant, you'll get penned either way in M46/Panther II (even at 6.7BR) and only M47 might give you an occasional lucky bounce. Armour is still shit, though.

Top speed of Panther II is higher, true, but average speed (what you'll actually hit on most speeds is comparable). And the 88 won't be better at 8.0BR (which we are talking about for the whole time), no, especially due to the lack of HEAT-FS (or HEAT, which still has smaller chance of boncing). Why do you seem to be discarding it when you'll need it at that BR? Or at you saying "armour at tier 5 doesn't matter anyway"? Because you'll sure as hell get more bounces with APHE than you will with HEAT-FS.

How many vehicles you can respawn in depends on your performance in the match, but it's true, you won't really need more than 3 in an average match. Strangely enough you seem to be proving my point with that, though, I said the new Leopard would be needed as backup to current one when the guy asked why people want it. And with KJP+current Leo, that makes it three vehicles.

You can argue all you want as to which vehicle is better, but HEAT-FS means a lot at tier 5, especially at 8.0BR and without it (stock M47 being an example), slav meme bounce armour sure as hell matters.

test

is the server broke

nah just ded

:^(

>when I've lost 27 times in a row because the T-54 1951 is fucking terrible stock and T5 slavs are shitboxes because xD no IT-1s on your team but I just can't stop playing
youtube.com/watch?v=pC-xissxK_o

>youtu.be/o4lyOKPLjZI?t=3m2s
>incredibly thick armour on the front of its turret
did they use an old script or something or were they just too lazy to check what the new armour was

>literally nothing

Not even going to bother installing this one.

wasn't it originally 250mm?
what is it now?

WHAT
IS
TAKING
SO
LONG?

Servers are up.

I would like to add that literally no-one is in queue

what is the size of the patch? i'm at work.

bit less))) forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/324843-m60a1-m60-terrible-armour-nerfs-dev-server/

Kitta

Didn't actually check, but it took few minutes with 1 Mbit/s to download it, so nothing major.

is there not armor behind that?

Alright, now how the fuck do i get all these lions?

you don't
or you just spend more money you fucking wallet warrior

Hey i only paid for the T-62, the rest are just backlog.

nope

>shekeling out for T-54 Plus and not the IT-1
What a blunder.

suuuuuuure
you still just effortlessly bought your T-62, I'm grinding it with blood, sweat, tears, and broken keyboards

Same way you got the T-62, you pay.

How much gold was it?

Slightly under 10k.

Guess it's time for premium b-25 and antimech wagers.

>all the tanks have the crew replenishment modification to research
This triggers my spade autisim ;_;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M117_Bastion
W H E N
H
E
N

does it mean we get spading research bonus the second time if we already used it?

nope

no
gaijin hates us, that's why

>Ki-100
>Tier 2
>BR 3.0

Wasn't that one of Japan's best fighters?

nope

fuck my life

literally a worse Ki-61

no reason for a 1945 plane to be at Tier 2 with 3.0 BR though

Oh there's a new patch out? How come I've barely seen any talk about it compared to previous updates?

that's what japs thought
really it was only good for br 3.0

Maybe next time I will get the one I want...

because there's barely any content, and the last major patch was only 2 months ago
but it has muh T-62 so I can't be that mad, even if it is a shitbox

people are all about t-62 for quite a while already

it's a rather minor update though

Noice, I've never had a patch download this fast

Hey, they added the coaxial machine gun to the Charioteer.

Still seems to be missing the fourth crewman though.

Does tank handling seem fucky for anyone else?

How was Leo1's armor nerfed?
Bost bics bls. :-DDDDDD
Bost broof

>cheat now crashes after launcher is closed
>fixed by making it minimize and not close
>now crashes when getting into a match

epin

get your money back.

>cheats

Already said they are working on it. Hard to get your money back when you pay 29.99 for the year subscription.

damn I pay 5 squids per month.
whats your secret?

At least the tumor on the M60A1 has enough armor to stop rounds and not just set them off

post yfw firing the U-5TS

tu4 got a secret buff lol, no one tell helmetpotato

>no shell ejection animation
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

I tried spawning two M60s and two M60A1s, didn't really have much problem penning them frontally with Tiger E's APHE (165mm of pen at 10m), so the things M60s will actually face will fuck it up frontally with ease too. It's true, though, that I got a few bounces, but it won't really help you in the long run

Good luck trying to aim the fucking thing.

The new crash sounds are alright.

>implying

I know the guy who made it. Used to play Diablo 2 back with him in the day.

>implying

r u slav?

youtube.com/watch?v=QXay1pdfQpI

Who /good goy/ here?

>about to get my first kill in T-62
>FATAL ERROR)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
W E W
E
W

client stability patch when