My Summer Car: thread 3

AKA Finland Simulator
Completing this game should be a requirement for posting on this board.

The video: youtu.be/rIZ3zs26RDQ
And a simple guide: pastebin.com/6NKgcDVs

mega.nz/#!SFdHEQxa!6CFSl3nTqHyHwAK0wD_JwiI-dXooQ8Xeob4nLGY15CA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mh-HAN1IIBE
youtube.com/watch?v=wCP7YYXeUhE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post car builds so far!

Mine:
Stock other than twin carbs, steel headers, racing exhaust & muffler.

It runs pretty well so far, I've got my valves at 9 and idle screw just enough to have some thin exhaust smoke.

Planning on adding black fenders and some new tires and wheels. Later on when I'm bored I'll probably add some subs and a new headunit.

God damn night time in this game is fucking DARK. Going out for a drive at night is pretty scary

I finished everything with the wheels and fuel tank and all, basically had the engine and everything on the shelves left to assemble when the tool box flipped the fuck out and glitched out of the map

RIP my car

>driving the van at night
>overcook the corner, end up in a ditch and the van bogs down and stalls
>tfw fumbling about in complete darkness, desperately looking for the ignition

Tried to practice drifting a FWD via the handbrake and this happens.

RIP

Can anyone tell me what I can do to prevent this next time? I guess I was at the redline for a while.

>money 1337

drink more PEER

>finish the car
>maiden voyage to the store
>exhaust falls off at the tractor barn
>random crashing sounds all the way
>get 50' from the store
>front lip falls off and flips car
>front panels, hood, and tire fall off
>right it with the tractor and put radiator back in
>get 10' away from the store
>hear crashing sound and car stops
>look around for about 5 minutes before finding #3 bearing
>spend an hour carrying the car back to garage because it keeps falling off the tractor, which moves at a blistering pace of 12km/h
>run out of beer on the way

I can not get the engine on the hoist
I built the whole thing on the ground and now cant figure out why the clutch wont go together

>money

This game is too hard I have no idea where to even start but accidently flipped the car on the roof of the van

How do I do this

Love it, thanks opie

>low on urine, hunger, thirst
>only a little tired

See, all you hungry piss balloons?

That's a fucking man right there, getting shit done.

I hope this fucking guy won't introduce some jump scare in the night time forest.

Like some kind if finish wood monster attacking you when your car broke down in pitch darkness.

I ajusted the valves to 11 each and the car ticks but wont start. What should I do? Also what should I do with the idle screw?

HOW PLAY THIS GAMMMMMEEE

Look in the folder there is a txt file called controls read it

How do you attach the engine to the hoist?

I call it "Farm".

I need way more than that

omg downloading this in a min

Thank you based Finland

do you need to have the engine on the hoist or can you just beast mode it into the engine bay?

If you can I must be missing something

If you're looking for more controls look at the Input tab when you start the game where you select your resolution and stuff.

Why are you doing this to me?
Now it's so dark I can't even see anything and I don't know how to make it light again

just keep hitting buttons, its like H or G or some shit

T to advance time.

Was pretty close

How do you guys get so much money? I spent too much on beer and sausage by accident.
>inb4 never enough beer and sausage

I can't even move the fucking van a nd have no idea how to put this car together

can you mod the van?
that thing is hella sick and scary

Hold the ignition til it starts. release hand brake with right click, x is clutch, f for shift up and v for shift down.

Drop the engine. Lower the hoist to engine. Save/exit. Its on

so if you die do you just restart from scratch or can you not play again?

As far as building the engine, here you go. I watched it once and then built the engine from memory, it's super easy.

Fucking forgot the link like a dumb cunt
youtube.com/watch?v=Mh-HAN1IIBE

>started my game to try it
>its already hanging on the hoist

There has to be a better way.

This game is driving me to drink. First I completely destroy the car when I drop the engine in, then after another attempt I can't get the valves to be quiet without killing the engine. Then a radiator hose falls through the ground.

This playthrough, I decided to order the parts first, which is great, except the envelope disappeared in the van and even as I retrace my steps, I can't find it on the road anywhere. I'm also 90% sure it's not clipped into the van somewhere. I'm going to kill myself.

Read the controls.txt and the input section of the game launcher for the control keys.

C to crouch, T to advance time, U to drink beer and open tool box.

Chop wood in the barn near your house for money. Pick up the axe, then hit U, then right click to swing. Click the woodpile for another log.

PGUP and PGDOWN to operate the forklift on the back of the tractor. Jack your car up first to get the forklift under it.

Disable the H shifter option in the main menu. Start the van by holding the ignition. Right click twice to disengage the handbrake. X is clutch, F shifts up, V shifts down.

How the fuck do I drive this van
I press w and I hear it Rev but no movement
Handbrake is disengage
X and f and v change nothing

HOW DID THAT GUY IN THE VIDEO OPEN THE TOOLBOX

Attach the engine hoist to the engine by lowering it near the engine, tightening the bolts (2x10mm), then exiting to the main menu if it doesn't snap on right away.

>Disable the H shifter option in the main menu.
>U to drink beer and open tool box.

I've spent all day on this game and i have no regrets. I will tomorrow though

Just hit 110kmh in the van

>that flailing back and forth

That video made my day

Not a chance OH FUCK!

okay so I think I'm done with this game for the night, I want to warn everyone that if you click a wrench in the toolbox with 2 and then switch to 1 before the new wrench comes up, itll bind your toolbox to 1 and eventually itll glitch out of the map

2 build attempts this glitch has fucked up for me now

I wish you all luck

What is the car actually? Reminds me of an early 70s Lancer is that what it is?

Datsun 100A

>dropped in engine
>cant get halfshafts to connect

unscrew the disk brake. I had a nightmare with them too

should I have the strut on or off?
I swear I have an easier time putting real ones on.

I got it on with the strut on.

what happened when you opened the shopping bag?

was it an explosion of sausage

Oh? So you've never went into the woods at night with sausage packs spread on the ground turning your flashlight on an off trying to catch a glimpse of the yeti?

You can use CE to change values in memory, just use FLOAT or ALL and check first then reduce and recheck till you get nominal.

When you adjust the valves, follow the process outlined above, to keep it running while doing so, adjust one valve then hit the butterfly between every valve adjustment to keep the r's up. If you sit right on top of the carb fully crouched you can scoot into the valve cover and easily access the butterfly and ignition by using Q to reach through the firewall towards the steering column.

Noted in response above using Cheat Engine.

This may help you, or other anons. It helped me.

If you've adjusted to 11, were you scrolled all the way back?

the hell is the drive gear?

>Can't even play the game because antivirus calls it malware deletes it every time I try to save
I've tried everything short of completely turning my AV off. What do?

There's something oddly satisfying about smashing a log over another log and getting paid to do it. I just wish it gave more than six dollars.

Bitdefender didn't give two shits about it. Does your AV have a whitelist?

It bolts to the transmission and acts as a throw out bearing to push pressure plate away from the clutch.

It (Kaspersky) does and I put the .exe on the whitelist but Kaspersky still closes and deletes the .exe when I save.
I'll go through and manually allow every action it can take and see what that does.

How do you use the jugs to fill the engine with fluids?

I've never used Kaspersky I lean more towards no software, but I use bitdefender because it lets me monitor Dad's computer easily and it's nice to know that I have a safety net if I do something dumb or if I want to do something sketchy like download an unrealeased game off Mega lol

unscrew with scroll down, tip jug upside down in general area until a green bar appears. screw back on

Once you take the cap off of the reservoir that you are filling by scrolling back on the mouse wheel while hovering over it, you take the container of fluid you are pouring and do what you would normally do and just turn it upside down in close proximity to the open reservoir and it will fill. The gas can is the exception as it is finite and must be refilled, it holds about half a tank, and will light green intermittently when empty.

IRL:
youtube.com/watch?v=wCP7YYXeUhE

thank you

Maybe, is all the way back clockwise?

Pretty much why I use Kaspersky, but also because I get it for free. Better to have it and not need it, etc.
Anyway, I got it sorted out and will now waste my entire weekend being angry at this game.

Well I found out if you get the wood just right you can just spam the woodpile to get more and it'll break its self when it spawn.

Get good n00b

I cant recall whichever way it turns, but really it doesn't matter as it only turns so many times but the animation just keeps going when its bottomed out. So you could scroll forward 20 or backwards twenty but theres 8 at the bottom and 5 at the top so the count back to good will be different depending on where you reset to. Im going to make a graph or something showing it all, it'd be much easier to see it visually.

My transmission keeps slipping?

You've gone wrong somewhere assembling/installing the clutch/pressure plate assembly

Get a new one.

need moar sausages, where get?

engine turns over for a second then it stops and my guy swears
Did I fuck it?

oh found my problem
My starter fell off....

go to shop, but sausages from the display case. take shopping bag home, enjoy like a dozen sausage packages

Don't forget the choke, that was my problem when it wouldn't start

How do you use the choke? I've used them on small engines like chainsaws and stuff but never a car. Do you pull it all the way out or what? There's like four settings

Full choke on cold start, then to half after engine started then all the way in when performance degrades.

Can you blow the engine by money shifting?

where is the shop headed?

My car doesn't start when I put it into gear. What could it be?

Very Sorry. Ive been lying to everyone about the valves and didn't know it, Ive been going from what I remembered and it was wrong. The numbers are 6 bottom, 7 mid, 5 top. So there is only 18 total settings for the valves. So from bottom 1-6 tick, 7-13 do not tick but i prefer 7, 14-18 tick.

You can blow it fairly easy, so it's best to let off while shifting. Remember there's no shop to take a blown motor to in this build, and it's a long walk back.

so unscrew them all the way then go in 7-13?

just try whatever you think will work

that's what makes this game fun

Are you using the clutch?

Yea, I agree, I shouldn't be handing out all the information that spoils it, because the biggest draw of the game is it tells you nothing and expects everything. But, no you would actually, according to the animation screw them all the way in as scrolling back rotates it clockwise.

yes but when it is in gear running and handbrake is not on, the car does not move

>getting the valves adjusted then messing with the idle screw
>engine runs out of oil and literally flys out of the car

can you hear a whirring noise?

might be gear/clutch linkage

Don't adjust the valves with the cover off, it's easier to leave it on and clip into it behind it and adjust them that way.

In the game it seems like full on start, and then like said, half once going. I didn't notice the engine change pitch or anything before I turned choke off, but I did it after a couple minutes of drinking peers.

No idea man, I've only been there twice and by luck both times. Right and then right maybe? The first time I got lost and couldn't find my way home before giving up.