Give me one reason the volvo 850 isn't the best line up of cars ever made Veeky Forums, go ahead try

Give me one reason the volvo 850 isn't the best line up of cars ever made Veeky Forums, go ahead try

>Protip, you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/2813_catalog.htm
car-part.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only thing it lacks is an AWD option.
Other than that, it has basically everything:
>clean, simple styling
>available as sedan or wagon
>spacious
>reliable
>affordable
>available with multiple 5cyl engines, with or without boost

This

Trust me. You don't want the AWD version.

Because the Volvo 7 series exists.

>all the room
>all the boxiness (even more boxiness, in fact!)
>fucking cool as shit quad headlights
>redblock > whiteblock
>excellent advertising bantz

Pretty much this, and the 940 was the last car Volvo built. The rest is more akin to faggotry.

Nothing with a 5-cylinder engine can be called faggotry.

I'll agree that the 850/first gen S70/V70 aren't the RWD bricks of old, but they're still fantastic cars and the last cars Volvo made before getting passed around between Ford and China and whoever else like a cheap whore for the next going-on-two-decades.

They're volvos last true cars. How can you not love them? Their the last shot at the new age before being bought. It feels like a new car but with the usual volvo attitude. The NA 5 sounds much better than the NA 4. Stock for stock the turbo vs turbo and NA vs NA the whiteblock takes the cake by good margin. For simplicity, mods, and fun the I4 is better though and the body of the 940/740/240 is much more solid. The interior of either will fall apart anywhere warm after 20 years anyways. Volvo died in '98. Not to say that their newer cars aren't uninteresting at all. They are unique and new even though not in the way that we all want. The chassis they worked on with ford and mazda were used in some of the more interesting new cars such as the Focus ST and mazdaspeed3. They still continued to use the old I5s for a long long time. The spirit is there even though all us turbobrick lovers will admit the execution isn't. But hey that all comes along with being owned from the outside doesn't it?

Because 960 exists.

it's old

>Not liking old cars
>Liking planned obsolescence
>Sucking the stealerships cock this hard
How does it feel to be fucked so hard so often user?

m8, as much as i love old boxy cars, they've been eaten by rust by now (or at least started to rust) and parts are harder to come by because you know, no one's manufacturing parts for 20yo cars anymore. let's be objective here and place emotions aside. and no need to insult, we're not kids.

>It's hard to find parts for a mass produced car that there are thousands of in scrapyards everywhere
How retarded are you?

pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/2813_catalog.htm
car-part.com

FWD

They're not '30s or '40s Fords.

>Liking sliding around the cold swedish winters
Do you like being wrapped around a poll?

>Fix or repair daily
>Fucked on race day
>Found on road dead

I preferred the RWD bricks.

>what are snow tires?
>what is knowing how to drive?

>Protip, you can't

>What is being this retarded?
>What is liking sliding like a fish out of water?

you are just all kind of stupid
Parts for the volvo, not to mention a shit load of other 20 year old cars are very very very easy to come by. hell at times even easier than parts for new cars. This is especially true for mass produced cars like the volvos

As far as rust, not everything is made as crappy as nipshit with regard to rust.

>20 y/o cars
>Cost as much as or less than used hondas or toyotas in my area
>less chance of P/Os ricing
>see at least one on the road every day
>crash characteristics of a light tank
>decent highway empeegees
>250ft/lb torque @2000rpm

All RWD bricks made after '87 were galvanized. I've bever seen one with any amount of rust and I live in NJ. If theres and rust under the thing its been damaged.

/thread