/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>Moonfire Faire 2016 (August 5th-August 25th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/Moonfire_Faire/

>Free Login Campaign (July 25th-August 30th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/0b8920e68063ec4a16533bcc115d6d154b75ce73

>Youkai Watch x FFXIV Event. (July 26th-October 3rd)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/youkai-watch/

>3.35 Patch Notes:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/498f86d8acb4d44925b3f83e96c82c85a550f9a0

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/p88PqskL

>Previously on /xivg/!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eHtHqlCutl4
youtube.com/watch?v=Fq4DwRwBw6A
youtube.com/watch?v=SI2PxgwDwIo
youtube.com/watch?v=I8sUC-dsW8A
youtube.com/watch?v=VyXeOpj3RWI
youtube.com/watch?v=fwdFqCnF8io
youtube.com/watch?v=AO9yOmwgX2Q&list=PLMOqpyVO0Oa3a4NbLY2dYGEqHc67KC9eF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's times like this I wish I were on Balmung - I'd love to do min iLvl stuff.
tfw nobody wants to do min iLvl Binding Coil runs with me

How are you today, xivg? Achieved any of your ingame goals lately?

Two days to posing power and they're prepping delivery on my copy of the first SRW game to be english translated since the GBA games.

Cheers to JUSTICE.

CHARACTER
AND
YOUTUBE

youtube.com/watch?v=eHtHqlCutl4

Parses

>that exposed chest

R-red please...

I wish this farce would end already.

I got my succubus horns and Beast Claws, but that's not much

My in-game goals for the past week or so have been to recruit a two new members for my static and so far the progress on that is great. I got us some new recruits to try out tonight!

Our world's a fantasy no more than a test,
Ever feeding off the fallacy,
Creating this mess

what farce

nth for Highlanders

youtube.com/watch?v=Fq4DwRwBw6A
No more death metal for now.

If you have to ask youre probably not involved.

But for the love of god, if you are, just end it already. I can't stand this.

I call this destiny,
Or caught in a trance,
And I march inside a kind of dream
No sign in advance. You see?
This motor coil we serve is taut like a spring,
Step back, two step, two step,
Two step, one two three (yeah!)

It's a heat vent I swear.

I'd do it with you, user. On Balmung

youtube.com/watch?v=SI2PxgwDwIo

Yes, Highlanders!

youtube.com/watch?v=I8sUC-dsW8A

Best thing about highlanders is their large, throbbing cocks filled with cum

A little over halfway done with my relic. Got my DRK to 50 but now I want to get my PLD to 50, but I don't want to actually do Stone Vigil or DD.

Can't decide if I want to drop my lore on WHM or wait to get a tank to 60. Or relearn DRG/BRD. Choices.

No its their +3 str and +2 vit.

Why play anything else

Stone Vigil is a lot more fun if you just continuously pull, everytime you're almost done a group, pull what's left to the next group and keep going like that. NO BREAKS

youtube.com/watch?v=VyXeOpj3RWI

It's a pity we're in completely different data centers, and that you have to have preformed parties in order to be able to do min iLvl synced content.

come to balmung

youtube.com/watch?v=fwdFqCnF8io

Yeah, it's a shame, user.
Not like we'll get 6 other people anyway ;_;

I wanna start playing MCH. Which guide's the best to start off with?

So I spent about 6000 blue crafter scrips on various ingredients and after looking at the history it seems as though only one item sells every few days. This feels like a huge mistake.

Is there anything better I could have used those scrips on?

youtube.com/watch?v=AO9yOmwgX2Q&list=PLMOqpyVO0Oa3a4NbLY2dYGEqHc67KC9eF

Tanking in general makes me a little nervous. I've been leveling it as an experiment to see how much I can put up with before giving into the anxiety.

Some things just weren't meant to be, I guess. At least there's still the option to run old content with the bare minimum amount of people required to succeed. I wouldn't mind 3-manning T8 one day, actually. It'd be fun.

Why would I do that?

Absolutely. I mostly idled the whole time at the benches these two days that I've been off work, but I'm getting close to hitting level 40 with my Brd, and that means I'm getting closer to the "better" dungeons of the game.

I also bought the Witcher 3 with all the expansions and all that jazz for my ps4 and... that's all I've been playing the whole time yesterday. Gorgeous game. I'm glad I waited to get a console to play it, since my PC is a potato. Excellent for balacing out the feeling Bloodborne gives me after a couple of hours of playtime; its atmosphere is just a bit too much sometimes, and it's nice to change the pace a bit with a more relaxing, colorful and immersive RPG.

Stone Vigil is one of my favorite leveling dungeons. That and Brayflox's Longstop.

those are some massive meowers

In Soviet Russia cat gives you milk

FFXIV Milk mod when

Farming for Sephi/Thordan birds has been a less than exciting time. DF really brings out the bad people, holy shit. So many bads on Sephi. At least Thordan is relatively easy, but I've done 30 runs the past 2 days and haven't seen a single one drop.

I just want my sparkle turkey ;_;

Not every fem highlander is futa.

You've actually been able to get Thordan EX clears via DF? Damn, I might have to get to work.

this is false fag

The old red scrip gear maybe. It's not a big deal though.

What a good ff14 bot to use?

Please help. I can't find myself an up to date guide ;_;

>meet african-dark Highlander
>slutty
>"oh boy oh boy whip out that cock!"
>just pussy
I don't know why I was disappointed, it was a pretty good textfuck. I held their legs up with my knees while gripping the ledges of a support beam.

does anyone want to hold hands and listen to mineral

i need it right now

you deserve to suffer

This highlander is pretty cool.

take my hand

ay, squidders, my boy
you wanna erp?

Yeah it's been alright! Though depending on your data centre, results may vary.

Happy hunting user!

Sit down, old man.

What is this meme, I don't even... I just want to talk about video games and what not while at work. Please.

Thank you

show meowers

did you take any pit pictures yet

No it's not.

>clearing Thordan's Reign in Duty Finder
Clearly not Aether.

This

such a shame having quality meowers be contained in a coat like that, you should let them out to breathe some time~

What have you been queuing as, and how long was your average queue time? I'm on the Primal data center, so if you're on Aether then things might be wildly different. I just really want that Thordan birb. Been eyeing it off ever since the birbs were released. At least I got my Ravana birb...

why

do you even like mineral..

Elemental.

I queue as SCH and usually alongside my WAR bro when he's around. Queue times vary between 5-20m depending on the time of day.

no
but it doesn't matter

Elemental...that's a JP Data Center, yeah? Either way, that kind of makes me wanna try it. Who knows, I may actually have some success.

>5 unspent pennies
Anyone on Balmung wanna run a VA or two with me?

>Japanese
What a fucking surprise, the people who feel a desire to teach their fellow players.

>still have a bunch of i200 eso pieces
>unsure if it's worth it to spam VA to upgrade them all
fuck that place how do i weeping city good as tank

Don't forget that the JPs have a ton of really, really fucking awful players too. Helpful community or not, bad players are in the east and the west.

hlanders

>have to MT for some fuckers
>can't decide between DRK or PLD

I mean on one hand PLD is pretty simple to play but I fucking love having stuff like Sheltron. On the other hand, I guess DRK is more useful in general due to Delirium if there's no MNK. Is there even anything that does a shitton of physical damage that isn't a tank buster? I don't fucking know.

Yeah they've so many that 2ch even keeps a big ass list of them for others to blacklist.

Take DRK for A7S if you're good with it

Take DRK for A8S almost always

Otherwise it doesn't matter

Has anyone ever had the idea of making an NA blacklist?

Meanwhile on the top western data center, no one queues for Thordan's Reign and if they do you're not going to win. No maybes, ifs, or buts; the people that know the fight won't type a single word, just up and leave if it's not a flawless completion.
No wonder no one listens to us. Filthy gaijin indeed.

I'm really liking the Seph axe with this glamour. The colours aren't a perfect match but they're damn close, and the axe head is almost the same shade of blue.

Do both, man. If you're gonna MT you might as well have both DRK and PLD at 60 and geared so you can switch depending on what kinda damage you're primarily dealing with. PLD's HW toolkit is also neato as fuck, even if some of it doesn't see a lot of use, like Clemency.

Japs also handle PF/DF differently. Unless it's changed, they used DF for clears and PF for learning. Western DF is usually where people learn and fully expect to wipe and abandon.

Here we go again.

>ywn utter "worth it" after getting a tooth smacked out of your mouth from groping this Highlander's tit and stealing a kiss on the lips

a lot of people considering how fucked the raid scene is after gordias

dude i like tomboys but that was the gayest shit ive ever read

Well I am in the process of doing a relic and I just thought I'd decide on what to main, but I guess I'll just continue doing it for my WAR if someone will drop out again.
Thanks, m8s.

>Using DF for clears and PF for learning
This is honestly how it should be. The only time PF should be used (for combat stuff) is making groups for the current EX Primal at whatever point in time it is.
Why it doesn't work like that in the west, I'll never know.

>east
>improving their talent pool before sending them out in the wild
>west
>cloister and jealously guard strategies so it's like the wild west in the wild

Relic is literally a hobby activity, it will almost never be relevant for meaningful progression

Anyone around likely this that could help me out? Ill be sure to reward accordingly.

Correct. No harm in trying, yeah? Just make sure you use a macro for positions and make sure everyone is on the same page and it should be good.

>33 runs later it finally drops

I can only speak from my own experience, but they grasp most extremes well. Sephi final phase is its own story because a lot of people (both E and J players alike) panic and forget mechanics. All it takes is one guy forgetting his tower and it's ogre.

Basically this. JP servers get glorified quite a bit here and it's probably true, but you get your occasional shitter every once in a while. They're easy to spot inside of WC/VA and of course extreme trials. They do exist, and are abundant. The upside is they are a little less toxic when it comes to wipes, and if they fuck up they generally throw out an "i'm sorry" almost immediately.

For the most part this is correct, but just like most servers at this point the learning parties have diminished quite a bit. You'll get eso bonuses in extreme trials, but they usually fuck up once, ask why, and they get a whole paragraph telling them what to do and to not worry about it.

It generally takes about 3-4 wipes or hitting the 15m mark before a group disbands in PF.

>west
>someone makes a mistake
>immediately gets passive aggressive about it
>party picks on them for weeks after(just look at this board)

>east
>someone makes a mistake
>they apologize profusely, ask for help to make sure they don't do it again
>party explains and forgives, because they know they'd do it for any one of them
it's just ego, and it's really sad

DF is also an arena for "i hope i get carried lol" because it's people they don't know

t. someone that has played on NA and JP in all types of content

So I need some WAR advice from you people.
Apparently you usually hold on to your Infuriate whenever you can Berserk. Makes sense, you want to triplecleave whenever possible.
However, I'm not sure about what to do with your Abandon stacks if they don't perfectly line up with Berserk coming out of cooldown (so whenever you don't have 4 or 5 at the end of a combo).
Is it better to wait until you have 4-5 stacks again or should you just hold on to your stacks right before a Berserk, potentially wasting two?

Help you with what? You'll have to elaborate a bit user.

Yeah, a certain Scholar used to mention how apologetic Japs were.

>Why it doesn't work like that in the west, I'll never know.
If you're familiar with the U.S. people, you'll realize it's no surprise Trump is a Presidential candidate. Compared to other first world countries (maybe even second, too), we are greedy fucks. Singularly we'll save someone from drowning; as a whole we can't be bothered to buy some starving bastard a frozen burrito.

please don't

refer to this for overall cooldown syncing

Berserk shouldn't be held onto at all, if you're only going to double cleave you don't need to stress too hard. Only 3cleave needs actual GCD timing(press Berserk after Heavy Swing)

>injecting politicial opinions into a cultural MMO discussion
how much of a self hating loser are you

>be west player
>wipe in unfamiliar content
>ask if I did anything wrong
>no response
>wipe again
>ask if I did anything wrong again
>You have been dismissed from the duty.

you seem to inject political opinions into discord pretty often, berncuck

Pretty much what that user in that post was offering and maybe more. I need someone that could help me get rid of all this tension.

Okay.
Just a wave, then.