Truck thread?

Didn't see a general truck thread, so may as well make one! Post your big wheeled, 4x4, pussy wetting machines.

Thats a preddy clean ferd. I'm tossing around the idea of making my truck more mad max like after I drop a new/newer engine into it. Need to ride eternal.

Thanks man, she's a pretty clean truck minus the fact that I put a big scratch in it a few km up the logging road after I took that picture haha. What are you thinking of putting in your rig engine wise?

If I can convince myself to, I want to drop a 383 in it. That's the shits too, that's why I like this truck, I can hit shit It's not a big deal.

From what I gather you're probably located on a farm, eh? That's my biggest worry on the farm, is running my sweet ferd into a fence or something while I'm on one of my drunken adventures haha.

Parts started showing up for exhaust today, getting Hooker long tubes with 2.5" duals, summit 2 chamber mufflers, and an H pipe.
Time to take up welding.

>plans for paint are on hold indefinitely
>again

Rangers represent

I own a ferd as well

>lime green wheels
>red diff cover

>could keep it and lower it/put a new engine in after I get the other truck working and sell my car
>probably will just sell this and my car to pour more money into the other truck sooner

>you're out driving
>an enormous duramax that's been modded to hell and back barrels down the road and starts tailgating you
>the gangsta rap blaring out of its open windows is almost as loud as the train horn the driver installed last week
>he sees your MAGA bumper sticker
>suddenly he speeds up and passes you
>you catch a glimpse of his tailgate
>its covered in so many liberal bumper stickers that you can't see the paint (Bernie 2016, coexist, gay pride, etc)
>suddenly you're blinded by a thick cloud of black diesel exhaust

What do you do, /truck/?

I'll buy it from ya

Are you sure you can handle this mean-machine?

Pls nigga

>4.6 ranger swap has begun
>Buddy has removed engine and trans from matching year grand marquis
>still don't have my license back
>we're gonna get it done before then

don't you pls nigga me, just look at these highway RPMs. Do you really think you could keep this baby out of the ditch?

Wait is this the 2.5?

Maybe.

Why doew america get all the shit vehicles? Instead of the hilux or navara we get gimped versions. Then the only choice is either a small bitch pickup or a giant truck because apparently everyone is a construction worker Why do we get station wagons on steroids aka SUVs that offer none of the benefits of trucks but all of disadvantages of sedans in an outdoor situation like getting the storage area dirty and not being able to easily clean it with hose. The attempt at SUV truck hybrids to solve this problem failed too. Why do we like crossers which are basically shitty lifted hatchbacks? What the fuck happened to all the liftbacks too? Every fucking car i like is foreign and can't be imported and at extreme prices if it can be.

went the fastest ive ever gone in this
~117 mph

never again

does midsize count?

because that's what the market calls for

but rumor has it the ranger/bronco might come back

Didn't you used to trip?

The Hilux and Navara are small bitch pickups though.

>117
>old feed
That's intimidating. I hit 78 in this and I about shat myself. Was scarier than 148 in my mom's e90

My 00 GMC K3500 6.5

mad jelly of your BRP mate

Chicken tax, Nixon, EPA, CAFE, California, New car market in the US.

We get SUVs and wagons because they count as trucks for fleet fuel economy standards because of their flat cargo areas.
satisfied?
>rumor has it the ranger/bronco might come back
is there actually a rumor or just a circlejerk over another bronco render again?

I'm tripping right now, dude.

>is there actually a rumor or just a circlejerk over another bronco render again?
the rumor stems from trademark requests or something like that, can't be bothered to search for the articles lol

Looks like a nice XRL. I like those tunable White Bros exhausts

Hows the frame holding up on that truck?

Only America makes simple and quality shit like this difficult to obtain. And the epa argument is total bullshit because we love destroying the environment.

it was babied and i got it dirt cheap, was looking for an R but i couldnt pass it up. the exhaust is nice, but finicky with weather

really good, its only got 120k miles though

Thats good. My K3500 at 193k with some surface rust.
Most the ones i see come in at the scrap yard i worked at where rusted to shit.

yeah especially in the rust belt, any problems with that 6.5?

Alot. I still need a transfer case. I had to replace both valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gasket, lift pump, starter.
And to top it off the headlight switch failed and lit the wire harness on fire. I was able to unhook the batteries and save he truck in time without calling the FD. I got lucking and found a guy parting one and got the harness for $80

Oh and my horn is still fucked. So need to wire a new one.

NZ fag here.
Do you not get many of these in the States?

4Runners? They're everywhere.

Americans love SUVs so yes. We don't get a lot of diesel cars or luxury hatchbacks.

That scares me, I need to do a headlight switch in mine but I've been putting it off for a few months
>headlights will randomly shut off for 5 minutes and then turn back on
Luckily I have the KCs and fog lights so I just switch them on until my headlights turn back on

Bought my first truck last month (2000 with 86k original miles).
Other than minor tune up stuff, I've only messed with the appearance.

Put the siren on

The wheels are black.

Looked better before. What are you, 14?

>he likes chrome

Heaven is a dog and a red compact truck.

There's a difference between stick on chrome everything and the subtle factory chrome.

>he spray paints alloy wheels
>he spray paints badges

Congrats on making your LT look like a WT. Should have bought the WT to begin with and saved money.

>weak, cramped truck that draws unnecessary attention for no reason
>money eating shitting and pissing machine that barks nonstop whenever you're not there

You made it look worse

I'm buying a 78 Dodge M880 for 650 today. No pics yet and I'm on my phone but I can't wait.

They weren't good enough for continued military use but that's still a fantastic deal for a 4x4 1 ton.

GM built better trucks but they look so boring compared to Dodge's designs.

They had a pretty long run though

It also is still running so it really is a good deal.

Absolutely. I'd expect $2500 minimum for a running 4x4 1 ton, at least around here anyway.

>tfw there will never be a truck this small ever again

Thank god for that

Yo

>2WD prerunner
>old as shit mud terrains

Hey guys what's the difference between the Chevy 1500s and the 2500s?

>iktf
>that feel

Buy a 70s-80s truck, senpai. Bulletproof mechanicals, simple, easy to work on/ fit new engines in, good aftermarket support, technically classic cars, can be repaired in a muddy feild with a line wrench and a roll of duct tape, in all ways the perfect vehicle.

Frame, suspension, brakes. Engine/trans/axles. Pretty much everything but the body (spare the hood) and interior. The 2500 is just beefier in general

Pre GMT:
>frame
>engine options
>transmission options
>body configuration options
>axles dependant upon engine options

GMT400:

6 lug 1500:
>V6
>305
>350
>detuned 6.5 diesel
>4L60e
>NV3500
>NV4500
>8.25 IFS
>10 bolt rear
>SF 14 bolt rear with F44 or 6.5

8 lug 1500:
>6.5 diesel
>4L80e
>9.25 IFS
>SF 14 bolt rear

6 lug 2500:
>350
>4L60e
>8.25 IFS
>SF 14 bolt rear

8 lug 2500:
>350
>454
>6.5
>4L80e
>NV4500
>9.25 IFS
>SF 14 bolt rear
>FF 14 bolt rear with 454 or 6.5

The GMT800s vary even more so I'll just put it this way.

Also frame is beefier on the 8 lug GMT400s.

Ford here.

>1500

>there's no such thing as a 3500HD in the GMT800s
Allow me to rephrase:
3500s after they switched to the "HD" platform even though they didn't carry the HD badge.

It's really not a big deal considering how few 3500s were built between the switch to GMT800 and the switch to the HD GMT800.

i was always under the impression that the GMT800 3500HD was the dually and the 3500 was the SRW

My brand new 97 hardbody. 4x4, pre-dented bumpers, missing headliner. A true old truck. What's funny is a 97 seemed so new until I was looking at 86 Toyotas and shit, then I realized it's fucking 2016.

>blurry sideways pictures
My photography skills match my trucks beauty.

Jesus fuck, man.

why are they called hardbody? always heard it, never understood why

because its so hard to keep the body from rotting out.

>seriously, a good wind storm will take a few inches off of your quarter panel if you dont get on rust control immediately

HD frame is completely different. While badged as a 3500, yours was on the HD platform. Note the larger bumper filler required due to the different frame design.

sounds like my ferd tb h
pic not mine but similar

Nothing is as bad as Toyota.

Can't forget my other baby.

What the fuck is that abomination in the background?

I guess this is what happens to a square body when you put nearly it's own weight into the bed. Truck scaled in the gravel yard around 4300, left at 8500 or so. Plus the tandem axle trailer with a skid steer on it.

Its my girlfriends work van. Im not sure really what it is.

She has to drive the elderly around in that ugly thing to appointments.

Had a 97 F350 loaded down to around 15,850 lbs last week. Fucking jackass that built the bed for it didn't take weight into consideration and left the truck with a ~220 lb payload with 3/4 tank of diesel and two adults.

Do you live in fucking Japan?
Is that you SCbro?
Fuckin good on you for driving a CCLB F350 around Japan.

Fuck yeah America

>Driving a dually in Japan

>This makes me moist

I think it's because they're mostly metal on the outside, with the exception of the grill. Could be wrong. Rust really isn't an issue here in FL.

>I think it's because they're mostly metal on the outside
Like everyu fucking other vehicle of the same era.

Holy shit. Driving my works f350 at 13,000 scares me. Bottoms out like a mofo. It's also 16 years old on original suspension though.

Bitch weighed in at 9780 leaving the landfill with an empty bed. GVWR is 10,000.

Hello fellow tabroma

Hey, I didn't name it. Don't blame me. Besides, Nissan isn't exactly known for making all metal vehicles. I can think of 3 half plastic trucks/SUVs off the top of my head. Shit, the next generation frontier after mine is one of them.

But of that era?

I have a flatbed and heavy duty lifgate on mine, and gross weight is over 10k. Is the gvwr set by suspension capabilities? If so, I hope my works f350 has some upgraded shit.

Suspension, brakes, power, frame, t case...

Pretty much everything that has to deal with the extra weight.

Maybe some Toyotas with plastic bumpers, but im talking about Nissan's specifically. I'm not arguing that it deserves the name, I'm just saying Nissan sucked at most truck bodies after the D21 when it comes to rigidity. On top of that, the doors on this thing are comparable to a fucking Prius. Thin, no safety, etc. They called it 'utilitarian' when they built it, though.

>mfw they put a trans cooler on it and said 'fuck it'

nice rig bro