Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

The Cute-Ku edition.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qfal5NjGSvk?t=2h48m27s
youtube.com/watch?v=hPAs5oHvEI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAAA

>there are people who don't play as super sluts, all while having top tier armor skills

You people disgust me.

Is Agnaktor more annoying in this game or have I just gone too long without fighting him?

Goddamnit I can't reach his fucking head because even when I topple him he swings his tiny head around too much for me to hammer.

New Stories trailer
youtu.be/Qfal5NjGSvk?t=2h48m27s

>HR7
>233 Def, 251 Def
Why tho.

I want to punish tama and her giant knotted cock

How to unlock high rank French maid set?

Who else is /guildstyleonly/ here? I'm here to kill monsters, not prance around.

attack up s
Artillery novice
WE

or

attack up m
WE

for ________CB

I want to BE Meowstress!

Same, although thinking of how little i would get hit with adept's fuckhuge i-frame windows makes me sad.

>X has entered the hub
>salut

He did help out with quests before spamming his urgent and reminding us, in french, every five seconds that his urgent is posted though, so that's already a massive improvement.
And I really wish he'd stop ping every two seconds just because he found the monster.

And why the fuck does it take people so long to get ready between hunts it's fucking maddening.

Artillery sucks nuts in MHGen, and CB bursts rely on pure raw damage, not sharpness or affinity.

Harvest Tours don't count as a day anymore? What's a better way to make a day go by in this.

Fucking this.

Man, I think if I ever get to play this I'm going to have a rule where I have to wear the same armor as the monster I ride.

Also, nice Clack Clack.

hunt a maccao
takes 2 minutes tops

You can't be!

>kirin
>top tier armor skills

apply yourself

>Just got around to picking up the game two days ago
>Within about 15 minutes have a level 2 HH with 80 attack, don't want to go hunt down Shiny Beetles or whatever bullshit to "level it up" and figure I'll just hang onto it until I can make a proper weapon
>Now up to 5* village quests, have like 12-15 horns listed at the smithy, none of which are higher than 100 Attack

It isn't going to get any better if I can't be bothered to do a bunch of trifling "upgrades", is it?

I want to KILL Meowstress!

I agree it'd be way easier to abuse adept/spam aerial to get "Je suis monté" constantly, but I decided early on I was going to get through it without abusing mechanics like that and I'm enjoying it more because of it. The game feels harder than 4U IMO because it expects you to use different styles and arts. The only arts I ever use are the self-buff ones, I don't bother with having a dodge or a spin attack or whatever, doesn't seem worth worrying about since they have such long windup.

What's that Giaprey doing?

Does someone have the Old master screencap please

Can't fucking find it on google

>Doing the fated four
>Kill Gammoth and Astalos in 15 minutes
>Mizutsune takes 20 minutes because all it does is dash away from me then bubble/water beam
>Glavanus comes in and does the same
Are they trying to time me out?

I want to be the Moofah that fills her womb every night

>copy pasted hunting arts
>but no mhx monsters
Also shittiest made up language ever. Why the fuck "RIDE ON" is in jap?

I've got

>Element Up or (element) Up +2
>Rapid fire
>Trueshot Up

On that set. It's literally every single viable skill for element spamming on LBG.

anyone here tried fighting amatsu offline? just wanna know how long the hunt takes normally.

My man this series isn't for you if you're opposed to grinding and upgrading gear.

Gross. Males should not be allowed to play as huntress.

I want to fire the Meowstress!

Seriously, bitch doesn't give me decent cats, I'm replacing that bitch with a sweet granny that knows her cats.

You can ride a DEVILJHO?
Count me in if this ever gets released in the west.

I want to DEVOUR Meowstress!

anyone got that picture of the genderbent tama eating cats?

Just spend the 20 minutes it takes to upgrade one a little, then use it for the next 10 hours. It's pretty simple. If you're not upgrading you're doing it wrong, but if you're spending many hours at a time upgrading you're doing it worse. You don't need 12-15 low rank horns.

If you want cats with offensive skills go to the grandmeow at kotoko village

Element attack 2 can be obtained from a good charm

Trueshot is a 5 slots skill

Big fucking deal.

You can also fit load up in there because it's a piercing.

Dear /mhg/, What points distribution should I aim for my speed bug?
Should I go with full speed and put the rest into stamina?

>azure rath instead of rathian
>kushala daora
>????

For the same reason Gen has SEE YA! and the series always had TASTY!

Also until yesterday there wasn't any Stygian either.

Flagships.

Load Up hardly helps when you're dealing with endgame element LBG's. You have 5+ shots, and it basically guarantees that you'll be able to use Full House for a complete reload every time.

It's also a lot less fucking ugly than most clownsuits too, which is always a positive.

Spotted the 4ubabby

buy kelbi horns from neko (means cat) in bulk during a sale
do the quest to give 2 of them

So I'm getting rid of my Bulldrome armor, is Astalos good for DB with its chain crit, or should I wait for something better?

>Let's celebrate over a decade of Monster Hunter
>with a loli catgirl

In game it's always grunts and mumbles outside of the diva songs. It's not tasty in japanese either it's a whole jap sentence.

Why use the Tigrex GS over the Obsidian GS?

When was Azure Rath a flagship again?
3U?
That's also Brachy, though.

I've been playing the series since 2004, imported MH Dos on release, put a couple hundred hours into pretty much every installment of it.

It just seems really against the spirit of the series to make a game where basically every new weapon you can make is the same, and then you only get a decent weapon by putting in 3x the grind and slowly upgrading it 10 Attack at a time. In previous games if you didn't want to grind out a bunch of weapons you could just skip a few tiers and go from a starter weapon to a Rathian/Barroth/Zamtrios-tier weapon or something like that, and you'd get a huge boost. It really removes the fun for me if every weapon you make is a piece of shit and you have to slowly crawl it up a few points at a time.

Kind of a bummer, then. I guess I'll just see if I can carry Bherna armor and level 2 Petrified weapons through the rest of the Village quests, and hopefully this upgrade system will go the way of MH3's bowgun assembly when it comes time for the next game.

While I kinda like the new Monsters I've encountered so far in Generations (only on 4* quests tho) the game doesn't feel anywhere near as engaging as 4U, and I'm not really enjoying the Hunter Arts especially since I typically main LS. Does the game get anymore engaging?

>LS user with a Weeb name with retarded shoutouts like "heal my boobis" and "xD Key Quest time xD"
>he left some of his callouts as the default German ones
Why are Germans so autistic?

ALL the element pierce run use load up, moron.

And you only get 4 shots with bonus shot, which is not enough to fill full house with a 2 bullet magazine even if you land all shots.

You NEED load up.

Should i just not use palicos when im using a lance/gl? I feel like I'm just chasing after monster half the time. Would making palicos small only stop them from drawing aggro?

brachy for the nips and azure for the west

Monster Hunter G on PS2. The second monster hunter game and the one that introduces subspecies.

so striker ground slash with blunt is better than clit draw guild?

My first attempt took 20 minutes I think, used HBG.

How else would you celebrate a series than through a creature conceived between a human and felyne? It makes all of our sexual desires towards felynes normal.

Plz reply

leave the kids at home, daddy needs to poke something

The fated four all give you unique weapons you can just create directly if I remember right

Cean

Most weapons can still be produced rather than from upgrades. Theres actually very few branching weapons that require serious investment beforehand. Also the relic honking horn is one of the best in the game.

Except for the fact that every element LBG worth using has a shitton of pierce element shots too you dingus. You can EASILY get a full house gauge from firing 4 x4 element shots, 5 pierce lvl1 shots, and 4 pierce lvl2 shots (and repeat).

>Why are Germans so autistic?
Not all Germans are, Luna is German too and she clearly isn't autistic!

Natural white, you cancel the negative aff with crit draw.

Ok thanks.

Well it worked, Glav timed me out by backstepping whenever I got close enough to hit him. I'm assuming that's a key quest so I'm just not going to go past 6* village and do online shit instead

So how much damage does Demon riot II give to SA Sword mode?

>tfw I have to do Crystalbeard Uragaan for fashion needs
Anything I should know about this cunt before I start grinding?

6* village is the end anyway

I got it confused with Dao.
Dao's for Dos, right?

Cheers.

> So, how do we make this quest harder ?
> Oh, I know
> Just add a Bulldrome in
I'm trying to hunt a Zinogre, not a bufallo dammit. Post things that trigger your autism, /mhg/.

I can already see the mainstream reviews.

>"the most accessible Monster Hunter yet!"

Throw some poo

youtube.com/watch?v=hPAs5oHvEI0

Keep spouting shit, dumbass.

The best RF Thunder and Fire pierce 2 gun has no other internal element shots.

pls respon

even better
>in the arena
>respawns infinitely

I just beat village and I've been using the Hidden Blade LS.

As I start going through Guild, what should I look for in terms of upgrades?

A hit from his chin slam (the one with the huge windup) is a guaranteed stun, he'll take a few steps back so you can't just run under him. Chin slam will detonate bombs you placed on the ground, you can break its chin just like you could break a barroth's head in Tri.

tail swings can spawn purple ore rocks that can be mined for treasure nuggets (will give you bonus zenny and resource point) purple rocks will spawn sleep gas after a while, or may just detonate randomly when thrown.

its just a buffed up uragaan that's really fucking annoying to fight if you don't know what the hell you're doing.
still weak as fuck to water.

You know that they did many spinoffs before right? Sold a whole lot too.

>soloing Hellblade I thru X
>reach III
>Iodrome is in
>Ingle Isle, so can't dung it

narga weapons are pretty good in general
just keep upgrading it as you go i guess

>finally unlocked The Fated Four
Time to become a man.

don't you know? germans are huge weebs

i believe only rivaled by nords

Fated Four is pretty easy tho. Not even shitpoting.

you know what the best part of that quest is?
the iodrome respawns

the best is yet to come

I'm mostly referring to the western trend of covering the first 3 hours of MH before saying "it's a little bit better this time, I think?"

>assume village 6 and 7 will be high rank
>enter HR4 after village 5 and gear up
>learn village 6 is still low rank
whoops

considering bringing lr gear just to make it fair

Best way to farm Hellblade Powder is level four right? With the two Dinos?

>Iodrome
You think that's bad? Oh boy.

>go into the discord
>see bunches of people with their HR in their names
>they're all low double digit or single digit ranks
Sure is reddit as fuck in there.

I prefer 5 since it's on Volcano, the flat ground is nice.