4th gen Prelude vs GSR

I've never owned any fwd or honda before so I kinda want one just for fun. I've got just over 5k to spend but im not sure which one to get. I like how light weight the gsr feels but not the narrow powerband. The prelude feels a bit heavier but its got grunt. Which one handles better, is faster in a straight and which one will respond better to bolt ons, sways and springs/shocks and maybe a cam at most all with a proper tune obviously.

Im looking at a
97 gsr stock
95 prelude with h22 stock
92 prelude with jdm f20b

Just to give you an idea of what im looking at in my area.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nmI6I-gND4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is OP pic from
5G preludes are shite

Lol yeah its just the first prelude integra pic I found on google.

youtu.be/nmI6I-gND4k

5G PRELUDES SSSSSSUCK

eh, prelude s or type sh is more comparable to an integra gsr

Nah the sh was slower than the base 5th gens in a drag race.

A base 5th gen would be a bit slower than a gsr and an h22 4th gen would be about equal. The type S would fall just above the gsr.

I prefer the Integra GS-R out of the two. I've driven both and the Integra feels better to me. I'd love to have a bone stock GS-R if I could find one. That said the dashboard in the 4th gen Prelude is awesome.

Be careful buying one, they get stolen a lot.

Watch videos of the JUN prelude
The prelude has better styling in my opinion and it's slightly smaller and more packed in .
Also prelude won't get stolen like integra

Test both

w-why so much hate on 5th gen ludes ;_;

i wanted one up until now

me too
>share initials and birthday with it
but every time someone talks about it its with sarcasm or straight up insult

my dad said girls drive them, but
>5 speed
>2.2L DOHC
desu I'd take an integra GS-R over a lude but they're fucking impossible to find here

Any GSR you find for 5k will be beat to mother fucking shit guarencheeseit

the lightest one is 2305 with 6 point roll cage but that is absolutely gutted and may not be street legal (no lights
im sad user, nobody loves the prelude.
every single time the 2000 prelude was on that show they made fun of

Why not a 02 rsx-s about the same weight 200hp successor to the integra lots of aftermarket

>fwd
>for fun

Get the 92 with the f20b, extra points if it has 4WS

way more expensive

Idk man. I went throught the whole Honda tuning phase in my teens and early 20s. 01 civic and 04 rsx. After a while you realize you just dumped a bunch of money into a car and you still aren't making the power to the wheels the factory even claimed at the crank.

Why not get something like mazdaspeed 3? You can get a higher milage one for cheap. 100 more hp, lsd, 6 spd what's not to like?

Who cares, they are both shit cars for poor fags

You could even keep it stock and it would be just as competitive as your modded prelude.

its a mazda....is whats not to like

Just because you don't know how to tune it doesn't mean shit, my buddies making 300whp in his k24/k20 NA

Pretty sure you just tune badly
The lightest fifth generation Prelude is actually 2282

Dude fuck fwd

>no prelude

OP, I've never driven a 4g prelude, but I used to own a 01 SH. Now I own a 99 GSR. The GSR is more fun to drive, but the Prelude felt more upscale and solid.

They are good cars, they just feel a little heavier than most 90s hondas.

I recently bought a bone stock 99 gsr from the original owner for 4k. Pic related

Well meme'd

>they are good cars
>understeer off track
>never won a single race

Sounds like you're projecting senpai

If you can't have a good time in a well tuned fwd car then you are probably driving it wrong.

You realize these things actually happened right ?watch the videos
I'm not insulting FF, just Preludes

You guys are talking out of your asses

The Prelude SH would beat an intergra type r in a drag race

It lost the drag race, and who gives a fuck about drag

>it lost the drag race

The driver must of been bad, pretty much any review has the prelude being faster in a straight line. As far as handling goes it was voted best in its class 5 years in row by motortrend

Ok, if you're buying a car to take to the track then a prelude wouldn't be the best choice.

If you are looking for a solid dd that is fun to drive, the prelude is fine. The ATTS system really helps with understeer too if you don't plan on modifying it much.

IMO they look much better than the integra and the interior is a lot nicer too. It just depends on what you want out of a car.

No dude. The gearing is fucked in a prelude and tts is dead weight in drag
We are talking performance, don't change goalposts
Can it track
Can it rally
It fails on both levels that fwd has done well at

I never said the prelude was king in terms of performance.

I'm just arguing that it is a good car. Have you driven one?

Then way does the prelude accelerate faster?

Haters be damned, the prelude was the fastest USDM stock honda you could buy besides the NSX up in till the early 2000s

It doesn't see: video
I never said you were.
There's no reason to get one if you want performance
What do you get out of it?

The video is irrelevant, Pretty much any source has the prelude being faster

>proof is irrelevant
>prelude has lost to integra in every single video, was the only car that understeer off course with atts

>what is driver skill

>in drag
>skill nattering
Anyway
We are talking car vs car here. Sure skill is a thing, but that same great driver who did well in prelude would do better in integra

>What do you get out of it?

You get a reliable car with decent performance, that has plenty of space, and looks great (imo).

You won't be the fastest on the road, but it is consistent and enjoyable for most situations on public roads.

Enjoy your superior miata during the winter.

Not necessarily my benchracing faggot, you have to account for things such as gearing, weight, power band, it's not as simple as just jumping into a car after being in another that isn't an identical model

There is no winter, now what?
What do I buy

A bus pass for your benchracing ass

And these things are worse in the prelude, with a bad power to weight compared to integra
OH come on. Defend your opinion

For 5k or less?

Miata with LS1 OBVIOUSLY.

I don't know man, what do you want it for? Everyone has different needs and desires when it comes to choosing a car. There is no perfect car.

In the 5th gen maybe and with the F23-H23 in the 4th gen, but that's why I said earlier to get the 92 with the F20B, it's the lowest weight 4th gen and the engine is raw sex that revs to an 8k redline, the best part about that engine is unlike the H22, it has thick ass iron sleeves instead of the FRM sleeves so it's more durable and it'll take boost better in case you want to go that route

This isn't about 4th gen. That car's good

I thought this was a general Prelude vs Integra, nevermind then the 5th gen sucks dick

>be
>since I started looking for a car feel a weird attraction to this specific prelude
>look up info and find all these coincidences
>everyone calls it ugly and fat and slow
>sad
>o shits on it
>tsuchiya shits on it
>care deeply about performance , specifically handling
>like light weight cars
>keep looking at old civics and miatas and mr2
>but keep clicking over to prelude tab
>interested in rally cross, rally, maybe circuits and track
>this internal dilemma
>cant talk to o because everyone hates it and the drivetrain

Guess we're in agreement
Kill yourself now, it's shit and so are you

The only problem with the drive train is that the engine came stock with FRM cylinders which eat piston rings and cause the engine to drink oil, if you got them resleeved then it would be fine, but as it stand it's a pigfat, underpowered secretary's car

harsh ;-;

frm isn't that bad, issues are rare. main thing is you can't bore them out without re sleeving

FRM literally eats piston rings user

not really

Yeah user, really

not really user, no.
hth

Yes user, seriously, I meticulously maintained my 4th gen DOHC VTEC H22A and at 150k it started putting out blue smoke, there was no leaks from the head gasket, an on top of that mechanic told me that the rings had gone bad and he's worked on more H22s than he cares to admit, it's why I got rod of it

Outlier

Nope, go on the forums if you don't believe me

No way

Way

Can you stop

No, why?

It's a fantastic car

The earlier gens were better, the engine was shit, and the 5th gen was pigfat

>2282 pounds
>pigfat

The 5th gen weighs more that a cunt hair under 2300 lbs

>pulling facts out of your ass
The Base 5th gen weighed more than 2900lbs while the SH weighed over 3000lbs

Wrong

They're right

Fuck off with your gutted Lemons car, were talking stock this whole thread you mong

>lemons car
>we're talking stock
Wrong on both fronts.
you can DD it at this weight

Except that's not setup for adding, and who wants to daily a fucking gutted Lude? Retards like you apparently

what did he mean by this?

*DDing

How is it not set up for DD
without the roll cage it'd be even light by 150+ pounds

Because only idiots DD a gutted car

except you could add the dash back in and still be good

Not good enough, I like my A/C, P/S, and carpeted interior with sound deadening so I don't get a headache every time I drive to work or wherever

>prelude
>plenty of space
I'm only 6'0 and my head hits the ceiling

>a/c
can still have it
>p/s
who cares
>carpeted interior
can still have it

Then tell me how you are able to lose 600lbs and keep it like that
>Pro-tip
You can't

You can, how heavy do you think this stuff is?

Explain how you dropped the 600lbs then

Spoken like a true salty GS-R owner.

Type R > All other Honda variants

What are you talking about

You said your car weighs 2285 lbs
Base 5th gen weighs in excess of 2900 lbs
How did you shed the 600 lbs?

Why do you care?

Because how

GSR.
B series have more options for mods, handle boost better, car is lighter and better handling. Parts are also a dime a dozen among the Honda community so cheaper and easier to find parts.

I really really like both, and I've driven both. My daily is a 95 GSR sedan and I love the shit out of it. It recently got rear ended and I drove a 2015 Corolla rental... Got back in the gsr and it just feels so much better.

Nah plenty of clean ones here
Im in the south. People steal trucks not hondas here.
I have an sti and an ls s10 this car won't be for making fast. Bolt ons and cam max. I do like the ms3s though.

See above but yeah I like the ludes looks better for sure.

This guys not me ^

Prelude handles better

Preludes are for faggots.

Real honda enthusiasts don't mother with them.

You're a fucking idiot

Pigfat fwd luxury coupe that understeered off track