/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

Just Like Make Game

> Space Jam finished. Play games, post feedback!
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam

> Next Demo Day (Ten)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/groups/agdg-audiofriends

> Chats
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/hVhvNWLw

> Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/ojtspe
pastebin.com/JLMaQTxJ
patreon.com/CloudMeadow
poal.me/brz6uj
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does AGDG have many musicbros?

we did it bros. (placeholder bg)

and meanwhile...

I'm here senpai

progress post

are there any engines in C/C++ that don't use more than fucking 4gb of ram just to fucking launch?

Working on new traps for the forest.

Left is Qt ballistics and right is a saw blade.

All right, you primitive screw-heads, listen up!

My game is boring? fuck you mate. don't you realize how long it took me to make? You didn't even play it right you total fucking retard. You constantly would click like a fucking dickhead and not at all read anything on the screen. Holy shit I quit making games, this dude is a fucking imbecile of the highest caliber.

That's fucking right user. What have you done in 2 weeks, have you worked on anything? Have you bled for something you believe in? No, you sat on your fat ass mocking talent, dedication and hard work. You showed absolutely no criticism, just, "duhh i dunno how to play this game so it's boring uhhhhh its too long of a game for me to process."

God the fucking nerve of you. Two weeks may not seem long for your miserable fucking life, but for people with everything to lose. REAL GAME DEVS it's everything to us. How fucking dare you even download my game you ignoramus, you lowest common denominator twat. I'm fully surprised you were able to navigate my itch page and click "DOWNLOAD" Did mommy help you with that you stupid fuck?

For anyone else that played my game, be objective and be fair, don't just be a stupid prat about the whole thing like this stupid piece of shit.

Re-posting progress for possible (you)'s telling me to either give up or good job.

UE4

first for

i'm not lazy

your own

Here are the new traps SO FAR in motion.

fuck jams
/agdg/ bootcamps is where it's at

What's the point of the bow if the arrows are just shot out?

that effect when the boss is hit and flashes, is that a different sprite?

Make your own if it's 2D

your game is like a shitty mobile game, but too complicated to be that, but also too simple to be a real game. I'll never play it.

Never ending poll edition

poal.me/ojtspe

either give up or good job

not much to go on here, buddy
possibly only thing that I didn't like aside from the placeholder everything, was the position of the inventory. I would place it dead center of the screen.

nope.

here, have this.

pastebin.com/JLMaQTxJ

Rule of cute.

shieeeet!!
thank you!

Maze bro

Which monetization scheme for a MMO do you like the most?

1. Pay once
2. Subsciption based
3. Pay to not grind
4. Aesthetics only

Obviously aesthetics only
most mmos are shit anyways

AAAAAAAH

idea guy here

first you play as a bankrobber and you rob a bank. then, you play as a security consultant who is tasked with investigating how the bankrobber had gotten in and with improving the security of the place so the bankrobber can't rob the place anymore. the twist? the bankrobber and the security consultant are actually a gay couple.

Subscription only, to keep out most kids, Russians, Brazilians, and other subhuman undesirables.

>Pay not to grind
Destroys purpose of MMO

Does your game have a survival theme? If not, then no. If you really want to though, you could implement it in an optional difficulty mode like Fallout: New Vegas did with hardcore mode.

*so what you're really doing as the consultant is covering up the tracks

pay once - if you are gonna abandon the game two months in
subscription based - if you are gonna be constantly impoving the game in small increments (sort like Paradox Studio dlc's)
pay to not grind - never
aesthetics - pointless unless it has a meme fanbase

What about F2P but with tons of DLCs?

Visual Studio question: is there a way to visualize a parent's class methods and properties on the child class? What I mean is: I have a Fruit class, that has a Color, and a Size property, then I create an Apple class that inherits from it. Is there a way to see the Color and Size Properties while working the Apple class?

I can always go to the other file to check them, but I wouldn't mind having the possibility to toggle some form of parent class visualization while working on it.

I'll take both.
Yeah, I basically just followed a tutorial, eventually I'll warp it into my own thing now that I know how it all works.

i said which doesn't use more than 4gb ram dude, UE4 uses 6 just to launch.

i want it also 3D :(

I guess after-all i'm asking for too much.. alright then

If you repost this every time, in the future there won't be a newfriend that falls for it.

There's something wrong with your UE4 then

4, but free users should be able to get all the aesthetic items too if they are willing to work hard for them. Maybe make the real money bought items last forever while the in-game currency.paid items are only rented and you have to pay for them each month to preserve them.

good for the keks, bad for the level design

>Is it the deafult unity one, or a rigidbody or something else.

It's a rigidbody with a custom built controller script that I built from the ground up. I did not take anything from the default Unity controllers, even though I first thought about editing the Unity controller and built on that, but it seemed easier to just make my own instead of trying to decipher what does what.

>how do you handle going around loops

Well, normally the controlls are relative to the Camera, so when you press forward on your keyboard or forward on you Gamepad's Joystick you walk/turn straight ahead from the camera, when you walk left or right the character is exactly at an 90 degree angle to the camera.

When on a loop that obviously does not work because the character turns to the camera, then turns backwards from the camera again while being turned upside down. I tried for a couple of days to get it right, in the end I decide to just switch to a different controlling sceme when on a loop, similar to tank controlls(like in Resident Evil 1) where the camera position doesnt influence the controlls, which means if you press forward your character just walks forward from its curent position. As you walk mostly forward in the loops anyway(as I put booster pads infront of the loops entrance that put the player into the right rotation and you only need to go forwards from there anyway) Maybe I should disable sideway movement on the loops all together as it is not really needed.

IrrLicht
Or make your own engine with Assimp, Ogre and Bullet
That gives you all you need dude

>complaining about lewd devs when they don't even exist

People complain about your game all the time though

>He's an idea guy

No one wants another scamming season

Jokes on you. I dont have a game

Yes they do
Proof: Shwig's new patreon was raking in money day 1

>implying
patreon.com/CloudMeadow

how hard is it to interpolate the movement already?

>6000$
People never learn

You don't even need to be a dev anymore. Just an artist ideaguy

Can't wait to see what excuse he pulls out to jump ship this time.

that would be kinda like a hybrid between pay once and subscription

I personally would mostly never pay for DLC for a F2P game. I personally would only buy 10 euro or cheaper dlcs even if they come with proportionally less content.

I heard this jew copyrighted the broquest designs? Is that true?

Fucking Jackpot!! I am idea guy artist!!

"Creative differences"

The creator of BS gave him full rights over his works, the absolute madman.

I don't know how he thought that was a good idea. Everything should belong to the company.

you have 30 seconds to come up with the most meme game idea you can

Is writing a text adventure in brainfuck a good idea?

a game based on your life

See

I unironically have such a good meme game idea that I won't post it

interpolate:
to insert (something of a different nature) into something else
so, insert something into the movement?
insert the movement into something?
if you mean insert the movement into the game
the player can move freely, I'm not really sure what you're on about if that's the case.

Nice desu ne.

I made a game about sodomy in brain fuck.
That was a pain in the ass.

sorry

He's obviously an idiot. It turned out for the best for him since he can pin the blame for this scam on someone else and wash his hands of the project without having to give back a single penny of the hundreds of thousands that he suckered out of idiots.

Nigga you serious

He means that the player teleports instead of smoothly moving from one place to another, it's disorientating.

Side-scrolling math beat 'em up
Enemies will announce their function and a few seconds later a laser corresponding to it will come out, so you have to quickly figure out how it'll look like and dodge. When you defeat enemies you can pick up their numbers to make your own functions to attack with.

Why is creating smooth movement code so difficult

just tie it to the framerate lol

vote for stealth jam don't let the nodevs win poal.me/brz6uj

it really isn't

lol what the fuck

Did it get rigged or something?

Where did dark and edgy suddenly come from

Use floats

how would you store shmup enemy waypoints? as a math function?

>don't let the nodevs win
I say the people participating in jams are the nodevs. Jumping from one barely-game to another

How do I do this in game maker?

It is when you don't know what you're doing

That's impressive but could be even better if it didn't have chicken legs

Are you fucking real

Did that actually happen

>poal.me/brz6uj
What the fuck? where's the lewd suggestion? The last poal had stealth tied with lewd. you fucking shit brains keep fucking up my dreams

>the people making games for [thing] are the nodevs
good one

You're not going to make a lewd game anyway. Fuck off nodev.

This poll is literally a meme. The real one is

I mean sure, if you enjoy making shitty prototype after shitty prototype, have fun.

But I want to actually make a complete game.

Dogemon go

i was looking at the poll when it happened
it suddenly gained 5 votes rising from 15 to 20

Then don't participate. The people MAKING GAMES for a jam can't be nodevs, retard.
>b-but a small game is the same thing as no game
No, stop this.

>Tied
Not anymore

I wouldn't even count jam games as games, really.

Not him and I'm barely a dev, but this sounds like a giant baby shitfit

>Have poll
>Don't like poll results
>WAAAAH I'M MAKING A NEW POLL WITH ONLY OPTIONS *I* LIKE

For the record I voted for stealth.

Making lewd stealth game just in case.

you can make any game in that poll lewd. that poll is for people who want an actual theme not a meme