/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Murdered by wolves edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj (embed)

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8 (embed)

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA (embed)

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT (embed)

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg (embed)

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb (embed)

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND (embed)

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous thread:

>didn't link the other thread in time
tits

Remember to shill your pawns /ddg/

Don't need the riftbux, but fuck it
ethrendel, 200 strider
guaranteed to slaughter the fuck out of everything/fracture dart ceilings or your riftbux back

My pawn is something like level 170 and also a sorcerer so not only is there a load of competition, she's way too high level for most people who want to rent.

Is the final boss meant to be that underwhelming?

It's an infodump boss, the dragon is the games actual climactic battle.

Which one is better?

Right because I like navels.

>finally doing the no hud run
wow, i didnt realise how much fun i missed up until now

so what traps are there when building your pawn? I know there are some skills and augments that are useless on a pawn or actively make them worse, I have read much of the wiki and am just wondering if there is anything else to watch out for.
Also is there a list for all the clothing and armor pieces that are considered cancer?

>minmaxing in a single player rpg with no enemy scaling
>what will random people on the internet think of my char
you dumb?

pawn breasts

I would post Anja but someone won't be happy, so...

who do you think bumped the thread

yer mom?

correct

what is this

Find out for yourself, it's a surprise.

user pls im about to sleep

What's the best way to farm armor in Bitterblack?

It's my first time going there and I wanna farm so that my cosplay character will be complete for NG+

Open chests, kill Boss enemies. Cursed Level 3 Armors only really become available when you defeat Daimon, and even then you'll probably be beating him up a lot for them. Cursed Armor and Weapons are pretty rare in comparison to Novelties and Gear though.

I have an extremely important question that'll decide over life and death.
If you're going shirtless as male in DDO, will there be this stupid underwear thing that goes up to the nipples like in DDDA?
If so, can you remove it with a small texture mod like in DDDA?

I'll rent her for you. Only if she meets my expectations for lewd

Nope, no lewd here.

This is the most euro thread I've spent time on in a long while.

Can someone explain the different levels to me in Armor?

Do they look the same but have better stats?

Feel free friend. Most of my enjoyment lately comes from renting abd favoriting your guys' random pawns.

Please answer this.
It is important.

The levels are basically tiers, with 3 being the rarest and best. When it comes to armor at Tier 3, there are two sets for each weight with one being rarer and slightly better. They look mostly the same as the more common version but have different colours in places. Interestingly, the set with the highest magic bonus in the game is available from level 2 cursed armour, but it's for yellow vocations rather than blue ones (Trophy Set).
When you purify the item, the item recieved will be determined by your vocation and that of your main pawn.

Tier 1 and 2 items have determined drop tables, for example, if you were to get a specific item for a red vocation, you can look up the table for an idea of what the blue or yellow results could be, and godsbane to redo the purify in the hopes of obtaining one of the other outcomes.

Tier 1 Weapons and Armour are generally items you can also get from the Everfall, though there is some stuff unique to BBI. For levels 2 and 3, it's all unique to BBI.

Right lads, i'm buying Dragons Dogma and I already know how to transfer my torrented versions saves but I have a question.

I have the cheat mod (the d3d8 mod or whatever it's called) and will that get me banned form Dragons Dogma online? I used it to give myself some RC points ages ago.

Anyone have some DDO sliders? I can never into aesthetics.

Just downloaded DDO and making a character now but guys only have something to cover their p0n0s and girls their vag000 and chest

I've got two questions.

First, does the game have a way to present me mainly with pawns of active players? I kind of want to be able to help others with RC and bestiary knowledges just as some help me.

Second, what's a good rage for strenght, magick, health, defenses and stamina at level 100? I want to know if my pawn and myself are shit or not.

bump
u
m
p

I have no values so instead have some advice. Just balance out how you level and what you choose to level, spending more time with strength based vocations if going for physical damage or magical ones if going for magical damage. Strider provides good balance among the offensive stats, and ranger is the vocation to level if you feel the need to improve your stamina.

Actual stats from level ups generally don't matter too much (though they do help) because your gear provides most of your damage. There are very few sources of stamina from gear though so it's never a bad idea to spend some time as Ranger.

At the end of the day, if you feel like you're doing fine with your Arisen and Pawn, then you're good. If you don't like how you are, then maybe consider restarting, but also try just getting better gear or dragonforging/rarifying what you have.

Why the fuck do I keep dying to some weird fucking explosions in Bitterblack Isle?

I was fighting the big ass cyclop and then suddenly I just died as if something had exploded and I didnt see it swing the club. This happened again later and then again with one of those big black wolf thingies at the courtyard.

I was just hanging on the back of the wolf and then suddenly me and my pawn just go up flying like something just exploded and we just fucking die. I have 3k HP and warrior skills that reduce physical damage taken and bunch of other shit so dying randomly like that gets really frustrating. I can't do shit in BBI because I keep dying like this every time I fight a boss of any kind.

Wtf is this?

Probably there are enemy pawns around. The ranger ones use Great Gamble to great effect which is probably the cause of your suffering.

What pawns and how would they hide in the cyclops room? I have to go through the room every time just to kill the skeleton mages and shit. I have never seen any enemy pawns around and could they really kill me with a single blow? That's a fuck load of damages considering all the resistances, dmg reducing augments, armor and shit that I have on top of all that HP.

Has anyone experienced running DD:DA with an external graphic card yet?

If it's the Midnight Helix, then it's possibly just wonky hitboxes since there are no pawns there. There are definitely pawns around in other places you'll find the Prisoner Gorecyclops though. All I can really say for Midnight Helix is don't fight the fucking cyclops on the ground because you'll just get fucked by him.

Is there any other way to kill him besides hitting him in the right ankle for two hours until he finally drops? I've found any effort to jump on him and stab the eye to be futile, because he just keeps flailing and stomping and shit and all it takes is two flails and I lost all my stamina and fall unless I have Liquid Vim.

What the fuck is this, I bought Dragons Dogma and now it won't start? It just gives me a black screen with the cursor present.

The torrented version unironically ran perfectly but the actual version is fucked?

My pawn has been ranger for most of their leveling and we're both now at lv 86. I've changed them to fighter a bit just to give them some extra health and defense, not sure if I should.
I kinda spent a long time swapping roles, I'm not focusing on ranger because my stamina is very low compared to my pawn.

It's vulnerable to torpor, get yourself a rusted weapon and dragonforge it. You'll be able to apply the torpor while climbing whenever it wears off, but you'll need to carry two main weapons and be micromanaging what weapon you're wielding all the time.

It's also weak to ice, so Magick Archer's 6fold bolt works wonders if you target an unarmoured area. It can also be completely cheesed out in the Helix by climbing up the tower till you're level with its eye. None of its moves can touch you. You'll need some kind of ranged attack to take advantage of this though.

I was hitting it with ice enhanced daggers like hell and it didn't do shit. Is it just tough as shit because it's NG+?

You're probably okay then, though I'd recommend you get some levels as ranger because low stamina really sucks later on. Or just carry all the mushrooms ever, that's also an option.

The other option for torpor is to make your main pawn a ranger or strider and give them the rusted weapon, probably a bow, remove all their skills (and maybe their other weapon too) other than 5 fold/10 fold flurry so they do nothing but spam the cyclops with it and maintain almost permanent uptime for torpor.

Are you using stat boosters properly? Like Conqueror's and Demon's Periapt? They're practically mandatory for BBI bosses when you haven't obtained any of the BBI weapons yet. Pretty useful later on too to expediate some of the fights. You can buy an unlimited supply of both those and the group versions (Tagilus' Miracle, Salomet's Secret) from Fournival. Using 4 of each gives you the maximum effect and they last for a minute.

Also having your weapons at least dragonforged is highly advised.

Slow down bros, I don't want you all helping me at once!

Sorry, we have so much informations about your rig, we don't know where to start.
Also, the official release works fine.

Hey, has anyone figured out npc sliders?

980 GPU
4690 K CPU
Windows 10

Nothing is OC'd.

The torrented version was literally working perfectly not 1 hour ago but now that i've bought the game i'm starting to run into issues.

It's embarrassing.

I got it now. My weapon was just shit it seems. After I got my sword and shield I could do enough damage by hitting the ankle to kill it.

I dunno why it didn't take any damage at all from my daggers. I guess my daggers are just shit.

Also, It seems the club was what hit me when I went flying and died with a single blow. I noticed it swings it everytime it turns and the second time I died, I died in one of the rooms next to the cyclop's room since the club goes straight through the walls and everything.

Is there supposed to be a better way to kill this thing? I just hit the right ankle and stay really close to the right leg until it dies. It just keeps doing the "stomp, stomp, stomp, turn, swing" thing over and over again and the right leg only stomps once so it's easy to keep hitting it.

Fixed it myself, thanks for nothing you fucking insufferable pieces of autistic nutbag smelling dickbag faggot loving nigger spics

Witcher 3 > Dragons Dogma

My pleasure.
I'm not the one with Windows 10

>nvmd fixed it :^)
go kill yourself

The gorecyclops there is meant to install a sense of "hmm maybe I don't need to kill everything" in the player. It's completely optional to fight it.

While you could just facetank your way through most things in the base game, you need to approach BBI encounters with an actual plan of how to deal with them. I've made a number of suggestions above on how to deal with this fight. If you plan on fighting it melee, having some way of inflicting torpor is a very wise decision, as torpor does more than down all movements. Torpor will also help should it manage to grab you, as you'll actually have enough time to free yourself. It should also be noted that you need to cut the strap on its neck to remove its helmet, which allows you to target the eye.

Should I be using my Rift crystals to recruit pawns right now (currently level 19) or wait to get them for free

you always get pawns for free as long as they're the same level as you or lower

>Is there supposed to be a better way to kill this thing?

>be sorcerer
>cast tornado
>cast meteor shower
>repeat
>dead goreclops

Then what's the point of rift crystals?

What about that black wolf thingy? It kills me with a single blow regardless of wtf I do. I can have all the buff potions and everything on and I still die with one fucking blow.

I almost got through it just taking potshots at it whenever it went for the pawns.

I was kind of hoping the pawns would deal the brunt of the damage on it since it focuses almost exclusively on me unless pawns get close, but they do fuck all. My ranger is barely shooting at it and she deals fucking no damage with a dragonforged bow. I just watched her shoot the thing in the face point blank and it nicked the HP bar while I take pretty hefty chunks of HP off it every time I hit it.

Wtf is it with the pawns anyway? They don't seem to hit it and the mage pawn I have is doing absolutely fuck all. No spells, no enchantments, fucking nothing.

I should probably look up the sorcerer pawn I had a while back. He pretty much killed everything with that one spell that rains meteors. If there was one goblin around, that guy would bring forth an overkill miniature armageddon to kill it.

Why do these things suddenly kill me with a single hit anyway? It's kind of bullshit if you're playing melee and you're supposed to get near them to hit them in the first place. That wolf doesn't even seemingly hit anything, it just turns at me and I die instantly and fly across the courtyard.

It's advised to only hire pawns your own level or lower. Higher level pawns will reduce your own experience gains, and cost you RC to hire on top of that (unless you're friends, in which case it's free).

There's a shop in the encampment where you can buy inclination changing potions from that only accepts RC, also you can buy character customisation options with it. Any Aneled weapons you obtain from quests can also be purchased for RC at this vendor.

Later on, you'll be using RC a lot for rarification and purifying cursed items, but that's in BBI where you get lots of RC as drops.

gotcha thanks

Garm are weak to lightning. Other than that it's a matter of avoiding their attacks. Your pawns may be lacking bestiary knowledge or have bad inclinations that make them not want to attack it, and Garm are pretty intelligent in that they'll target you more than your pawns. Find a sorcerer pawn with Fulmination and laugh as its health disintegrates when you grab onto it.

Yeah, I noticed it takes tons of damage from a lightning enhanced sword. Too bad my mage pawn is absolutely useless and he only casts it like once or not at all.

I'm gonna get a sorceress and see if I can change my pawn's inclination to better suit the ranger class she is. She still has the same inclination as when she was a sorceress and I dunno what it is.

What the fuck is he doing here?

I'll PM you the fix :^)

Is there any consequences for using the cheat console to give myself maxed out Rift Crystals?

Will I get banned or anything?

WOLVES
HUNT
IN
PACKS

'TIS WEAK TO FIRE!

For BBI bosses, having the right elemental damage helps a lot. With garms you'll want lightning affinity on one of your pawns at the very least. Fulmination helps a lot, too.

Not fat enough, cosplay fail.

Roll for her reaction when seeing you unsheat your "Two-hander".

Some BBI monsters like garm are fucking retarded when it comes to pathfinding and can't do anything to you if you're on a ledge above them. The garden courtyard area has a pile of rubble on the second floor that you can climb on top of and be completely safe from them.

>Talking like a faggot.
>playing DDO

What a shock.

can someone please help me? I really want the Immortal's Coat but the quest By Royal Decree 2 isn't showing up

i killed Grigori, beat Daimon, and got kicked out of Gran Soren

are you currently on post-game?
also, you can get it by purifying bbi armor lvl2

yeah i'm in post game

and i'd rather not spend hours farming for cursed drops that may or may not be what i want

i've been scratching my head for days trying to get this goddamn quest

oh shit nigga
tell me more about that
i want dem sweet rc too

And I'm pretty sure you can do it freely, there's no VAC protection

Am I the only one that got a bit depressed at the end of the game?

I mean, most games give you some sense of empowerment and closure, Dragon's Dogma makes sure to tell you that you're just a piece of a greater set and that anything you do is expected. There was no great evil or good to be had and the only end you can get is your death.
Hits a bit close to home.

No which is unfortunate and as for the second question ignore "builds" and build autists. Play the class you wan to play and play any other class you want the augments from, that's all the build customization you need, anything else is pure autism.

>ignore "builds" and build autists
I honestly can't do that now because the difference between me and my pawn's stamina are of about 800 points.

I'm fighting the final boss and it's straight bullshit. His move where he jumps up with you on him one shots me every time, with little warning he is going to do it. I've died twice when he has one health bar left because of that op move.

And?

Rangers need a lot of stamina so they get a lot of stamina. You're gonna spend the whole game build up to what? The game you just beat?

Sure, why not? The grinding gives me tons of levels.

Thanks for the answer, friend!!

Post Beloved.

You're a pussy, user.

>get selene
Fuck you Japan.

I did it, great cannon op pls nerf

for the lazy

i got very sad, even cried a bit when your pawn runs towards you once you stab yourself in the end
me on the right

but the goat is a herbivore

they share their digestive system

so maybe they eats plants too

It's not actually a goat, you know. It's just a goat head.

anyone?

There are 3 quest boards in BBI and each one gives different quests. Have you checked all of them?

A few possibly stupid questions, but it never hurts to make sure we're on the same page.

Have you completed A Warm Welcome? That's the quest where you go back to Gran Soren for the first time post-Grigori. You need to finish that for the By Royal Decree quests to show up.

Have you completed By Royal Decree I? I don't recall it being necessary to get BRD2, but it's been a long time since I've played that part of the game.

Are you looking on the right mission board? There's more than one on BBI, and I don't remember which drops that quest (or if it makes a difference).