Does the Lexus RC have Veeky Forums's seal of approval?

Does the Lexus RC have Veeky Forums's seal of approval?

lol

Lexus employee here.

Interior is comfy, ride quality is good, but it's heavier and a lot quieter than it needs to be and eats tires, rotors, and pads for breakfast. Not a bad car but as with most Lexus even though it has that Toyota reliability there are better options.

Forgot to mention would buy ten of these before touching a same year IS.

I just hate the way it looks. I'm sure it's a fine car with the normal soulessness feel modern Lexus' seem to have. I'd bet I'd enjoy driving it for sure but it's still pretty ugly.

So Lexus is pretty much shit?

>not the absolute best
>must be shit

You're not too bright, are ya.

No

No cars have Veeky Forums's approval

Are you looking for speed comparing it with the M4, C63 AMG, etc? Then you are wrong. This car's so heavy that it's competitors perform way better on the track.

What this car is better on is cruising down the roads, let it be any road, mountain road, highway, etc, this RC(F) will do just perfectly that the M4 or the C63 can't give.

Plus, .

This.

If you want one that's faster than an ND Miata, you have to buy an RC F, a $63,000 car that's slower than a $33,000 Mustang GT, slower than a $53,000 M2, slower than a cheaper base model Stingray, the same money as a much faster, and nicer AMG C63, etc.

It's a massive piece of shit.

I mean look at her...
That pitiful expression of contempt and that fucking whore mouth.
This car is the epitome of Veeky Forums.

It's a luxury car brand. They should be held to higher standards than your typical poorfag brand (Toyota, Mazda, Ford, etc..)

Not him but they aren't.

They are too good at one thing, reliability.
When luxury and reliability comes in the same sentence, it's something really amazing that makes you look twice.

Anyone saying the Lexus isn't a luxury brand is a total fucking retard.

>Lexus
>luxury
xD

But Mazda has stepped up pretty much nicely.

>that dash

They are.

I said there were better options, not that this better options include baseline Fords. And the tires and rotors degrade quickly due to all these parts being softer than average, for the sake of ride quality. Lexus are above and beyond the average, but as they're squeamish about sacrificing either reliability or ride comfort for ANYTHING, including performance, their sport coupe isn't going to be the top of the line option. Is it a viable one? Absolutely, and I'd buy one with absolutely no remorse, though I'd definitely do something about how fucking quiet it is.

>you
>ever gonna afford that
XD at you

lmao

no

See That said, Lexus is a luxury brand. They make great reliable as fuck cruisers. The RC isn't what I think about when I think Lexus - it comes across as too try hard. Not a good cruiser, not a good GT car. Compare that to how much it costs, and in this neckbeard's opinion, no.

7thPBP

How could the spiritual successor to this gem be bad?

No.

>bitching about the IS200t's body design
>not the one legged crippled man they used for an engine

Yes it does, the 2013 version didnt have but 2015 has now thanks to obama changing the law

>2013 RC

They put a tablet in the center of the dash that doesn't move how is this nice?

I like it but its too heavy

>it's slower than cheaper cars, therefore it's shit!

people buy cars for reasons other than benchracing just btw

Not with the GS-F the same price weight and power with more room and a better overall car

it would if it wasn't hideous and overweight

Taking into account I'm still a student and never worked a single day of my life... You're pretty right.
But still, doesn't take from the fact that IS luxury. And your Lexus isn't.
:)

>doesn't move
Less shit to break retard.

Tell me an LS600HL isn't luxury as fuck and I'll eat my fucking impact

But tell me, who in its right mind would buy a toyota instead of a mercedes?

>172k€ for a Toyota
I could buy a fucking Panamera GTS for that money.

Miata does

Anyone who has to pay for maintenance. Mercedes is for people with minimum 2x more money than sense, which sounds right up your alley.

Man, my family had a Toyota too.
The maintenance was retarded expensive, I'd imagine Lexus is even worse.
And nobody who buys a nearly 200k€ car, gives a fuck about maintenance costs.

>it's slower than this 90's shitbox
>it's slower than this shitty american car with less luxury
>it's slower than this shitty unreliable modern German piece of shit
>subjective opinion on Mercedes

>calls it a piece of shit

You autists never fail to amaze

>anecdotes and speaking right out your ass

If your family had a Toyota I'd bet dollars to doughnuts they maintained it like absolute shit.

Not really.
It was a yaris 1.5 T-Sport. My mother bought it new for work.
It was a shitty car all around, and the scheduled maintenances were really expensive.
Things like filters, oil, etc plus labour jumped the prices to about 500€.
Not to mention the car had issues with the sway bars so they had to be replaced.
Never again.

>falling for the stealership jew
You have Noone to blame but yourself.

Or your mom, really, since you obviously don't own shit.

Believe it or not, dealership stamps on the maintenance booklet are worth a lot when selling a car.

I thought money wasn't an issue for you?

And what happened to Lexus being held to a higher standard?

the only thing good to come from that car is its engine.

No. These guys are giving honest opinions. Lexus is still a great brand, better than most. Just not necessarily the best.

I know moderate comments are foreign to this board, so I don't blame you for assuming.

learn to work on it yourself, dont pay the dealship bucks

>comparing a $200,000 no-expense-spared (to a point) halo car to a mass-produced Lexus
xD

>yaris
>lexus

Can't you read?
A Yaris isn't really a 200k€ car.
It's a plastic shitbox with the handling from a reliant robin. It wasn't worth 500€ of maintenance costs every 20k kms or so.

Wasn't my car.
And I won't even touch mine except on something really really basic.
Even when changing oil it needs to be connected to a computer to reset the ecu counter, and initiate a new dpf cycle.
I'm not touching it. I'd love to buy a old car, like a Alfa or something just to wrench on it, but I have no more space in the garage.

Shitposters like you are why Jap fans and Kraut fans can't coexist. I'm afraid to enthuse to other car enthusiasts about how much I love my E39 because they'll assume I'm on of you.

This

I'm not a kraut fan. I only like bimmers and porsches. Maybe some Mercs.
And I wasn't saying Lexus was shit, just saying it wasn't on the same level of pure luxury.

You should be directing that to the idiot trip. Hit idiot mom's experience with a shitty yards has nothing to do with Lexus whatsoever

Man. I wasn't comparing a Yaris to a fucking Lexus.
I was just saying that if a Toyota is retarded expensive on maintenance, then a Lexus is even worse.

No, you were literally saying Lexus isn't luxury.

>being this mad

It isn't. Not on the level I showed you.

Shocking revelation: semantics is a thing!

>Forgot to mention would buy ten of these before touching a same year IS.

Looks damn comfy

>Monitor breaks
>Whole electricity fails and burns itself into million ashes
>Totalled car

I have a low opinion of IS that don't end in 300.

why? what's wrong with the 350?

Because he either owns a 12 year old is 300 or it's the only one he's capable of owning in another 12 years.

Why would you get this car when you could have a 4 series instead? A 428i can keep up with an RC 350 and will cost you a solid $150/month less to lease, not to mention the better gas mileage and free-ish maintenance.

Its an NA V8 franken car. I think they are awesome. Who the fuck cares if you are a half second slower. Its a cooler car.

Fpbp

This.

Too many bench racing mom's civic/no car posting in this thread. It's a beautiful car and if you like it over its similarly priced and performing competitors then go for it.

>its beautiful
mate it's barely appealing and what appealing features it has are ruined by that retarded grill.

although i will agree this board is full of shitbox no cars

Maybe people do that just to not be taken as a cheapfuck like you with all your "poorman's guide to luxury cars " calculations

lexus is a toyota

Sexy car, built to perfection, but no aftermarket.

>merc-maybach-s600-drive-2015-5.jpg (78 KB, 900x596)

Fucking retard.

M4 is better and I don't even like german cars.

sister in law has one, F-sport model, and while it looks arguably nice, it's heavy as fuck. the 15-speakers Mark Levinson system is absolute shit. I've heard better base range from an old accord stock speakers. the back seats are basically useless unless the driver and front passenger are midgets.

TL:DR

it's only good for women, unless you are buying the RCF.

>sister in law has one, F-sport model, and while it looks arguably nice, it's heavy as fuck
Can confirm it handles like a boat. Butt dyno says it maybe makes 250 to the wheels but thats because its a pigfat awd barge

I drive them daily and am completely bored of the 350. The 300 is fun and actually has an aftermarket.

Wow you're retarded. The IS and GS chassises are actually good. The RC is a frankenstein combination of the two with the IS C, which is why it's shit. The only downside to the IS is that there's no high power version. If you don't believe me, why don't you leave your dealership shop sometime and drive a new 340i or S4. The driving feel is absolute shit compared to the IS and ATS.

i think there will be some aftermarket potential for the new 2.0T from lexus. we just have to wait and see, since the engine is relatively new. I just hope the transmission is capable of handling the extra power.