/ddt/ DAILY DATSUN THREAD: I Have a Full Time Job Edition

[D a i l y D a t s u n T h r e a d]

>Datsun or early to mid 80's Nii-San

>Datsun questions and answers

>Datsun photos and videos

>Datsun stories and CL finds

AND I scored a complete L28 for $180 bucks this week.

POST DATSUNS!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qRKC2rUoqnA
dustyoldcars.com/1985-Nissan-300ZX-Runs-Drives-Body-Interior-Excellent-Season-Ready-Nashua,-NH-03063/5543396
fresno.craigslist.org/cto/5571044611.html
youtube.com/watch?v=w4UhNCPv-z8&feature=share
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5559416861.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5544638075.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imma get this printed into a poster

almost forgot to post this scored an '82 280ZX L28 for only $180. It's complete, with even an alternator!

I'm thinking that if RustyZ or one of you guys doesn't want to go EFI, I'm gonna hack the intake up and weld together a custom intake manifold for six Yamaha R1 carbs. Should sound awesome.

you at Z-Bash this year or something?

Yeah, got there late though so I was parked outside the k-rails. That bre styled 510 was tits though.

More of that 510

I take that back this truck was bad ass.

Nice I went to a museum today in SF that just opened, I saw this lil guy in one of the shots, got the biggest smile on my face.

well dang there's a 510 AND a 240Z! What a cool classic shot!

Random video, my favorite Romanian 240Z.

youtube.com/watch?v=qRKC2rUoqnA

Oh wait that's that sunny pickup with the Hakouska front end! Cool as hell, I wanna see it next time.

Greetings from Toyohashi. Made it to the Toyota Auto museum today to take a look at their Z 432 (it's a Nissan but fuck you it's going in this thread)

I did get some more pics of that 2000GT in the background if anyone is interested, but I didn't think it belonged here

I wasn't able to get any shots under the hood, the museum staff asked around a couple hundred times before their boss finally said no.

Fuck off captcha I'm still not a robot

So if you were to get a datsun, what's the best way to about it? I'd love a 280zx as a first car.

I'm in the same boat buddy. Currently driving a shitbox and I am not sure if I should daily drive a 280zx in PA weather. I'll probably regret it for the rest of my life if I don't but i'm not sure if I can do it.

Start watching ads on craigslist until a deal pops up

What's a good deal for one? And is there a big difference between 280z,x and 300?

There are some differences between 280z and 280zx and the 300zx is a completely different car basically

I'm not to sure on getting deals for the 280ZX/300ZX honestly. I'm an S30 guy personally. What you wanna do is just set yourself a budget, what you can really afford to dump into it, and then poke around various locations (even out of your reach) just to see what kind of condition they go for in that bracket. From there, decide how nice a car you want in your area for the price you can afford.

Hey datsun friends, I finally got my competition hood installed. Super happy with the performance results and doesn't look that bad either.

Anyways after I return from my travels I'll deal with overhauling the fuel system.... Don't order shit from Autoplicity.com Apparently when I ordered a return style FPR via 2-day air, what I actually meant was an empty god damn box and via UPS ground.

Look absolutely amazing man, what are your thoughts on the big front and rear bumpers? I'm personally not much a fan but the car still looks great.

Performance gains from a disgusting hood buldge? Pls explain

Official status: happening. I've found the tach, and a place to get replica 432 style wheels (though I'm going to pass on those since I just bought new wheels awhile back)

I hate you right now....

The S30 chassis (1970-1978) is COMPLETELY different from the S130 chassis (1979-1983), which is COMPLETELY different from the Z31 chassis. All different cars.

It has to do with the famous fuel vapor lock issue 240z/260z suffer from. The hood was actually a factory option from datsun because they couldn't figure out how to get rid of all that heat under the hood and not have the engine start to diesel itself with super heating the fuel rails and carb bowls.

Thanks! I don't like the bumpers. Next on my list is to source slim fiberglass replacements for a 240z and get rid of those huge bumpers and unneeded weight. When I strip the chassis I will probably completely delete the rear bumper and have the holes filled in.

Did only one other person from ddt go to Z-Bash?

I was planning on making the 8 hour drive, but I got a full time job this week.

Maybe next year, who knows.

Seems that way

Question for Datsuners

Obviously the 240 has the better body because it lacks the retarded as shit bumpers, but is the suspension from the 280 worth the extra 400 lbs compared to the 240? A plus is you don't have to deal with the ugly bumpers as well.

Pic of a 280 I passed up on recently

you know you can put 240Z bumpers on a 280Z right?

>stronger chassis
>sway bars

I kinda did, but I figured it need some kinda fabb work, and bs. I was hoping it would be a bolt on type of thing.

Gotcha, I figured they reinforced it, would only make sense. I personally don't mind the extra weight for better handling, its just that I wanted to swap it for a l28ET and not have to worry about bullshit smog.

buy the ZCC brackets and it is bolt no

I bought an L26 with 11,000 original miles on it for $150 today. With it, I received the original SU carbs and a 4 bbl conversion manifold and carb, which would apparently cost me over $900 to buy brand new. But upon further research, it seems that an L28ET is a better place to start for a performance Datsun engine build. Thoughts?

I can post a picture tomorrow.

Seems like it.. I should have gone to the sale on Friday I need to find a turbo manifold, turbo, and ecu for a VG30et so I can turbo up my little 510

L28ET IS a better place to start, it has the most room for cheaper performance opportunities

I originally planned on going T3/T4 .63AR with Megasquirt on a L28ET and that would have brought it to around $1000-2000

Trying to make power on the L26 would basically get a higher cam and webers.

Dont use the 4bbl manifold, the SU's are far better imho

Alright then, You know what your talking about. I have a question. If I'm chasing 600 HP from a carbureted engine, assuming that the block from the L28ET is the best place to start, what comes next?

thats quite a leap, but most likely you'll need to stroke out the engine for high displacement if you're trying to get to those numbers.

all about displacement

I was there, I was the shitter that didn't even to bother to tidy up the car to go
wires hanging, bits and pieces of wiring all over the car, fucked up body lines and missing bolts all over my flares

she did drive there and back though, so there's that

and I left early cuz I had no sleep and was dying

were you by chance the guy who literally had no interior except seats and steering wheel?

i only had 1 seat yes, she was "prepped for performance" kek

I might be getting this sonofabitch soon. What do I need to know (besides the turbo model running circles around it) about it in advance and am I making a terrible mistake or not to daily drive it.

dustyoldcars.com/1985-Nissan-300ZX-Runs-Drives-Body-Interior-Excellent-Season-Ready-Nashua,-NH-03063/5543396

quints demand that you buy immediately

Okay holy fucking balls I've never got a get before, guess this get means I should get the car?
>vanity plate with "chkmydbl"
But srsly am I fucking up trying to daily this or can I just get new tires and fluids and start cruising and posting about it here

Pumping for day guys

Found a non-starting, 90% rust free '87 Z31 in a local yard. Apparently the alarm system is jacked so it won't start, also there'es a fuel problem. Engine compression is great. Any idea where to start?

Guy gave me a $800-900 figure to purchase off the lot. What do you guys think?

I can't help much, but if theres a fuel problem it might be the pump. Doesn't help either that the fuel in the tank is probably gunk now unless it was drained or something. As for the electricals that might be a bitch to figure out.

Just note that these aren't that fast, and if you think you can get it up and running go for it if you really want it. A Z is better than no Z

I'm sick as balls with a 103.5 degree fever I'm not gonna be on much for the next few days

But user get that Z31 if you want it, the price is right. Be prepared for frustration though.

Also, RustyZ has not left us, he's simply got a new ISP that blocked Veeky Forums for some reason. So if any of you have VPN suggestions, post in the thread since he's looking.

Which person who wants a Z31 are you talking to tho

this user

Hola is decent, kinda virusy when i used it though

fresno.craigslist.org/cto/5571044611.html

Supposedly it runs, what would I be looking at extra price-wise for registration/smog/tags?

thanks mane,
how the hell do i even get it off the lot

Well if you have AAA roadside assistance, they'll tow it for you

Z bash, pretty awesome vid
youtube.com/watch?v=w4UhNCPv-z8&feature=share

dammit I was just coming to post this.

Now I really wish I'd found a way to get there...

anyone? I know next to nothing about datsuns.

prob gonna run you about 180~190 for registration
maybe even 90>
looks like a pretty good deal, even has AC!
I'd just suggest you take it for a spin and be sure to check out interior..
there are some rust spots you might want to look into as well, I'm not that knowledgeable on the zxs so I can't help you much there.

I need thoughts on a couple listings

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5559416861.html

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5544638075.html

Theres more out farther out towards in LA, but from the looks of it theres some nice Dattys being up for sale. I texted the black one, but no response yet. Im just worried about the rust situations on both, and if either has a 5 speed box

disregard the 2nd link, it has a sun roof

Question to you guys:
What's special about a Datsun? Isn't it just an old Nissan with a different nameplate? What makes them different from other old cars?

Just got myself a Z31
Can I pretend to own a datsun and shitpost with you guys?

Either way,
87', 5 sp, slick top, N/A, 166k miles, from Georgia for $2k flat.

Nice ass deal, glad to have you.

And to be honest, if you're nice you could own a fucking Camry and be welcome here.

But keep us up to date on what ya do with the vehicle.

They were the underdog. I've always had a thing for underdogs, and they happen to be the underdog of car companies.

But besides that, they're reliable, inexpensive to own and easy to work on classic cars with (normally) great styling. My 240Z is in my fucking side yard, and I've had more than a few people ask if "that's a Porsche, right?".

A relatively cheap old GT with a lovely straight six and beautiful styling. That's what drew me in at least