/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7, 11.0 hardmod/DSiWare - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736 (embed)
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Playing 3DS with various controllers now possible gbatemp.net/threads/435788/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

henkaku.me/
youtube.com/watch?v=RYxaeM3YWQ4
pastebin.com/pz9FbTet
github.com/s1cp/VitaGuide/wiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for shitty outdated OP

anons i think i dun goofe'd because i used ctrbootmanager but i can't boot rxtools
it shows a message saying "Err:Couldn't load arm9 payload"
any help? i don't know what to do next, and yes i'm this stupid

Would it be possible to pirate DLC on vita using the undub method?

Is it possible to overwrite a Japanese copy of a Vita game with an English copy? Would it work now that decryption is available?

Could I get something cleared up real quick?

In the process of prepping to downgrade to 2.1, on the step where it says to delete your "PlaiSysUpdater" folder. Is this the same as the "sysUpdater" folder? because I have the latter but not the former one

>PS4
you fucked up

first for 11.0 fags cant into downgrades

Henkaku was just released! We'll need to add it to the next OP!

Anyone know why i cant seem to replace a circle pad 3d analog on the n3ds? The first one i tried worked but it was from an old 3ds so it didnt fit and after i cut off the plastic parts where the screws go it never worked again.

My 3ds wont boot without the analog ribbon plugged in before and now it just flashes blue and wont boot at all with any of them.

I tried ordering a n3ds 2015 analog from amazon, but they sent me an old 3ds circle pad so now I'm stumped and scared to order another one.

what the best dongle for DS games on 3DS?

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

>install 4.8 rebug cex
>install psn patch
>no psn accounts yet

How2free gayms?

Ill make a psn account right now but first, after I remove cfw temporarily through psnpatch, and make my psn accounts, can I use fake emails? Would rather not use mine and make new emails since everyone wants a phone number these days.

Sorry this is a Nintendo only general

Return it faggot and order one off ebay from a seller with like 900000000000000000 sales and 100% feedback.

Those niggers kill themselves if they get bad feedback from a bad sale and will literally fly out and suck your dick dry for good feedback.

Order smart.

i wouldn't use mailinator or anything, the confirmation email it sends has personal information repeated in it and it spams you with Personalized Playstation Store Offers. just make a new non-temporary email or use one you don't have anything of value connected to.
you only really need a psn account if you're going to install .pkg+.rap games, too. that doesn't work until you have a psn account linked to your system that has one downloaded game on it (free stuff works).

The deal was just the Vita.
Not the PS4 or anything, but only the Vita.

I'll update it once the Vita can actually be hacked.

Do I need 2 psn accounts though?

Why don't you fuck off and stop trying to force /3dstechsupportgen/ instead? You seem to be the only one who has a problem with it.

>I'll update it once the Vita can actually be hacked.
Nice double standard. Don't want the spotlight stolen?

no, why would you?

>homebrew and hacking general
>purposefully omit recent developments in homebrew

Someone make a not shit OP.

>homebrew general
>Vita finally got homebrew
> it doesn't count lol
I never thought Nintendogaf was real.

Welp, Project Diva f randomly felt like working in Near/Manual.

Interesting to learn some parts of the music videos were pre-rendered videos.

Does my 16gb mem stick need to be fat32 for ps3?

I have a game pkg that is 7gb and it cant be moved because the 4gb limit on fat32

How am I supposed to do this?

So we are literally nintygen?

Why don't we just post in the actual fucking nintygen?

multiman can load games and copy files from ntfs drives, but it's kind of tricky. just split it into parts or ftp it to the internal drive.

Example, Black Rock Shooter.

pls respond

>tfw you die if you get 1 star

So whats been going on with vita apart from homebrew? Sucks, i have a vita but no charger as i left it at my parents. Kinda interested in messing around with it but i got all the emulator needs covered already with my n3ds

henkaku.me/ is the new url, not xyz.

Also fuck you OP. If you want 3ds tech support, just fucking go to reddit.

>just split it into parts or ftp it to the internal drive

If I split into parts, how would I do it, and how would I then install the game?

>ftp

How? Might just do this. But on my 3ds its fucking slow, took like an hour for a 1gb game.

>seem to be the only one

I just went with the majority vote, user. If you don't like it, leave.

See above. I'd rather listen to the majority of those who post in these threads than the ten people who actually bought a Vita.

What/how are you doing this? You can look into psvita game files?

>Forcing your agenda based on a strawpoll that can easily be rigged
Right, fuck you.

pls respond
I want to see if I can modify a Japanese physical copy of Oreshika and change it to use the English files instead. I want to know if it's possible to do.

this is some next level reddit cancer

Take it to /vitagen/

Cant I just use the browser in the PS3 and download directly off PSNDL into my internal HDD? Then install the PKG file and rap file?

Didn't stop people from posting about tubehax when that was a thing

yes, you can dump and edit them
youtube.com/watch?v=RYxaeM3YWQ4

You modify the app.db with shenanigans, write back to ur0:, launch game via web browser (which opens near which loads the game manual), launch game which is now decrypted, you can read/write what you want.

It's not in the OP, but I followed this: pastebin.com/pz9FbTet

>Forcing your agenda

There's that ebic meme again
Crying over something just because it didn't go your way is a sign of autism, user. Vita discussion isn't banned here, but instead removed from the OP until something relevant comes out for it.
If that seriously causes you to be that butthurt then maybe you need to rethink your life.

>Relevant
Wow, this isn't subjective at all!

I guess waiting on IOSU for the actual dead console and spoonfeeding latefags is fine.

Who is really butthurt here? I shall continue to post Vita-related things here that are not your liking.

and something relevant did come out

>pastebin.com/pz9FbTet

>Legitimate Homebrew
>PS Vita Game Decryption
>Not in the OP

Fuck you OP. There's homebrew, emulators, decryptors, and more. Vita's been hacked, take your 3ds-only shit to ninty.

I wish summer was over.

there are a bunch of programs that'll split a pkg so that multiman automatically rejoins the parts. try split4g, minisplit, or ps3splitter.
multiman has a ftp client built in, check that it's on in the settings and that the timeout is off. the ps3's ip is visible in the network settings and somewhere on the multiman interface, i don't remember where without looking at it.
never tried that, but it sounds fine in theory, i guess.

>I shall continue to post Vita-related things here that are not your liking.

Vita fans seem to have problems with reading comprehension. He never said talking about Vita was disallowed, but instead just not included into the OP until something happens.

I don't give two shits if it remains this way since the Vita has no games anyway.

>exploits
>emulators
>dumps
>decryption
>ftp
>not relevant

Vita homebrew is just getting started and it's already gotten a bunch of shit going.

But no, apparently the homebrew scene must have something to your specific tastes before it can be called "relevant".

Also you're an asshat for not putting up Vita 3.6.0 in the Safe Firmware section at least.

>need to enter home address to make psn account

Fuck that. Do I really need a psn account to play pkg files for raps?

>finally vita got homebrew
>not relevant
>undubs and mods are possible
>not relevant
>dynarec support
>not relevant

>something happens

Like what? What specifically do you need to happen? It's already got installable homebrew and apps, along with proper dumping.

Do you seriously require that games be piratable on a machine before we put it into OP?

>All things that were held in high regard when the 3DS scene got them

>instead just not included into the OP until something happens.

>exploit that allows homebrew is irrelevant to a homebrew general

>All this butthurt over a dead console

Vita homebrew was a mistake.

>vita has no games
>supports 3ds: No Games: The Machine

wat

>Homebrew general
>SORRY IT NEEDS THIRD WORLD PIRACY TO BE RELEVANT HUEHUEHUE

Go back to the vita general and play panty quest faggot

We need to be able to pirate games on a console for it to be relevant?

So why is Wii U in the OP?

but muh mario and pokeman

Anyone?

I'm assuming the two are interchangeable and I should delete it but I can't really find anything about this and would like to make sure

Urbandonment?

nice, so undubs can be possible right now (or in the near future?)

TWLSaveManager

name one fucking game on the 3ds

Someone just did a Person 4 undub right now.
All this means is it's possible for undubs, fan translations, and the like.

we need more lewd theme, here some I made

wii u piracy is a thing though, on latest firmware even
Monster hunter :^)

Literally right now, yes.

The patching system is exploited similar to how romhacks on the 3DS work, your files are preferred over the source.

Nude mods soon.

Fool that posted IDPS and CID reporting in.
Flashed new IDs to my EID0 and EID5 to my console.
Now at least i have an excuse to say goodbye to terrible psn handle I gave myself when I was 16.

Thanks for helping me out here guys.

Also isnt installing rap files on psnpatch suspicious for Sony?
Should I create a throwaway user to sign psn content?

Guys I don't know where to ask and so figured out I'd ask here since sometimes I see you post themes

How can I create a theme like pic related where I cut the photo to be both in top and bottom and still look as a whole

Is there a template or do I have to keep moving the bottom image until it looks in place

thats fucking great, only thing is you need internet for now right?

I own both vita and a n3ds but all this year i been neglecting my vita, time to start it up again.

You have to be able to pirate actual games on the Wii U though.

There's no games to pirate.

That's like raping and pillaging a ghost town.

Do I really need a PSN account to install rap files? It wants me to put my home address and I dont want to.

where's the link tho
also can you help me I want to make some lewd themes

Also you can overwrite the screenshot overlay images to get clean screenshots.

>thats fucking great, only thing is you need internet for now right?
To start up Henkaku the easy way, yes.
You can also launch it offline but it's a little tedious to set up.
The process of undubs is also a bit tedious but a simple video walkthrough will be made that will make it easy for future proofing.

If an undub is possible I don't see why that wouldn't be.

I know you probably get this question a lot but what's the safest and easiest way to hack my new 3ds without bricking it? I want to do a run of all the pokemon games because i haven't played any since ruby but i couldn't be bothered to buy them all.

>Project Diva f track/note configurations are in individual files
Time to play Extremes on Easy and nobody shall be the wiser

What is arm9 payload?

Just making sure.
I just hope this shit works.

can you play online with Loadiine yet?

>/hbg/ spoonfeeds these posters without hesitation
>But Vita, oh Vita...

Plailect Guide in the OP

The most bizzare shit happened to me. I can't boot up luma anymore and I think my sysnand is saying 11.0.0-33 (I think I'm in sysnand after so many reboots). My SD on PC still says GATEWAYNAND with all the files. The only thing worth nothing that I did from last working condition was copying files from my SD.

*worth noting

does it say emu before 11? if not then sounds like you updated sysnand for some reason, only a hardmod or another cfw 3ds will get you back where you were if your sysnand is 11.0

No. Which is weird. I don't know how it could have updated. I'm still not sure I'm in sysnand since I can see sysupdater on the home screen

Heyo folks, this is now a thing:
github.com/s1cp/VitaGuide/wiki

P4G undub boiz.

>Vita homebrew doing more damage to the homebrew general than the vita general

That's fucking pathetic
Or am I just misreading the angry rantings of two or three vocal Vita owners

>removed vita news from the OP
Pathetic

Literally spoonfeeding the 3ds tards

No Vita in the OP.

Welp, we are no officially /3dstechsupportgen/.

I vote we change our name in the next thread.

:joy: :ok_hand: :+1:

>Vita can be hacked to play vita games now because undub magic

So...cant we just make an "undub" for every single vita game, where we just change like 1 word in some unused menu somewhere and call it an undub?

>Undub
>Changing text
???

I don't get it.