Why are bicyclists allowed to share the road with cars. They go at different speeds...

Why are bicyclists allowed to share the road with cars. They go at different speeds, there is obviously going to be strife.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gU3akk6Dy5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't understand why they can't ride on sidewalks.
I understand people walk on sidewalks. But there's far less risk to everyone if cyclists were on the sidewalks too.

>right side of the road has sidewalk
>left doesn't

>LOL LET ME PUSH MY BABY STROLLER WHILE JOGGING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE STREET

I hate California.

better give them 6ft user or you will get a ticket

We know what is best for you :^)

>Drive to work at 545 every morning
>usually pitch black around this time
>have to take a specific road with tons of tree coverage and only 2 lanes
>sidewalks on both sides
>every fucking morning there is this asshole jogging in the road wearing black compression everything with no reflectors
>I have almost hit him on 3 separate occasions
>now I just lay down on my horn every day when I pass him
I honestly hope he gets hit

They got banned in my town because they kept running into pedestrians.

So clearly they should be put with cars cause they'll be safe there

Can your town please talk to my town. It is a fucking epidemic here.

This. Sidewalks are one bike wide, most roads have room for bikes on the shoulders or in dedicated bike lanes.
I really think the solution to the problem is more bike lanes separated from the road, like pic related. The bikes, pedestrians, and cars all have their own dedicated spaces so they don't fuck with each other.

First off. I seriously hope you're trolling.
Second
>wasting tax payers money on cyclists.

I ride on sidewalks, I hear some places it's illegal, but chicks dig bad boys so I'll risk it

>it doesn't support my impotent autistic rage
>must be trolling
Care to provide a real reason?
Also
>wasting taxpayer money on taxpayers
Weird, huh?

Because a dead cyclist is better than a dead pedestrian.

>they don't even look when they cross the road/turn
>assume all traffic will just stop for them

>bicycle hits pedestrian.
No big deal. Couple scratches and bruises
>car hits bicycle
Death

What does this have to do about separated bike lanes?
Also
>bike on sidewalk
entirely unusable to pedestrians
>bike on side of road
potential inconvenience to cars, but not even guaranteed

You're retarded and part of the problem.
How does riding a bicycle on a sidewalk make it unusable?
It's a minor inconvenience to step aside and let a bike pass. Especial when a person biking or walking wouldn't be effected in making it to their destination in a timely manor.

Where as a car has to significantly drop speed for a significant amount of time while waiting to pass safely while potentially holding up multiple vehicles and potentially causing high speed collisions resulting in greater injury, death, increased insurance rates, and 1000s of dollars in damages.

Please explain why a bicycle should EVER be in the fucking road.

You're retarded if you think bikes on the road cause significant amounts of damage.
>pedestrian has to leave sidewalk, potentially stepping in road
>better

You have zero argument or logic
Fuck off and get hit by a car

its against the law to operate a bicycle on the sidewalk

>I have no reply
>waaaah

The amount of stupidity....
We know. We are saying the law is stupid.

cyclists piss me off a lot, they only ever want to follow the road rules that benefit them.

>will make cars give way at an intersection
>will happily run a red light and ignore road signs

99% of the sidewalks around here have a grass easement one side of the sidewalk making it virtually impossible for someone to simply step off the sidewalk onto the road. 99% of roads around here do not have a shoulder wide enough to safely accommodate a bike making it virtually impossible for a vehicle to safely pass a cyclist.

>the ammount of pseudo-intelligence

>They got banned in my town because they kept running into pedestrians.

It's because pedestrians are unpredictable and will lurch from side to side or move in diagonal directions on the sidewalk suddenly. So of course it is next to impossible to have any kind of vehicle on the sidewalk with them. A bike is too quiet as it sneaks up on the pedestrian and you cannot require all pedestrians to wear rear view mirrors AND to constantly look behind themselves as they walk. All the peds would screen out with that kind of requirement.

>I ride on sidewalks
Do you have bycycle insurance to cover the bills for when you hit a pedestrian and send them to the hospital?

>Live in SC
>No inspection or emissions testing
>Catback exhaust on Rx7 fb
>Backfire behind bikers on the road
>mfw about 1/3 of them almost fall
>mfw they always pull over
>mfw I love my state

>argument with zero logic again

Because someone in the legislature thought it would be a good idea to make up for all the trained, licensed, and taxed road users with a bunch of untrained, unlicensed, uninsured hippies

Car lanes for cars, bike lanes for bikes. Can't pay for it? Drivers licenses for cars. Bike licenses for bikes.

Was he right, Veeky Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=gU3akk6Dy5M

>bicycle in a car Lane
Fuck him. I hope he gets hit. Especially after acting like an entitled cunt and then Lane filtering.

So go around the cyclists you dumb fuck what is wrong with you

>reading comprehension

>Please explain why a bicycle should EVER be in the fucking road.

In every state I have lived in, it is not legal to ride motorbikes, scooters, or bicycles on the public sidewalk. Therefore, motorcycles, scooters, and bicycles are to use the public roadway.

There is another problem with your logic - you simply shift the problem onto others (sidewalk pedestrians) and say it is their problem because you don't want to have the risk of bicycles on the road with you causing 1000s of dollars in damages. Well, that means others don't want the problem of storing nuclear waste, so it should be stored at your house.

I understood your post. I was pointing out that you can drive around the cyclists. You don't have to wait behind them

You can't in some places, not enough room or they're in the middle of the road

>argument with zero logic again
At least try

So either pull into the opposing lane and go around them if it is safe and legal to do so or follow them until you find a place to pass

>So either pull into the opposing lane and go around them if it is safe and legal to do so
Obviously
or follow them until you find a place to pass
This can last miles.
>doing 45mph+
>stuck doing 15mph until it's safe
Fuck that. Its also causing a greater hazard to slow traffic down.

cyclists are autistic as fuck. passive aggressive little soft cunts.

they don't really bother me because im not an unstable rager, but they definitely shouldn't be allowed to ride in the road.

BROTHER
If sc had either one of those test i'd be fucked

It's not really ever safe or legal around here

>Therefore
Therefor nothing, nobody has a right to bicycle. Putting them on the sidewalk is a bad idea and putting them in the road has proven to be a bad idea, so how about sanity prevails and they are banned from both?

>nobody has a right to bicycle
Wut

When the car users are backed into a corner, they lash out by dropping the phrase "argument with zero logic". Of course, they don't dare explain what they find wrong as their own logic has been shown incorrect and even illegal.

Other car owners rejoice in making bike riders fall down or otherwise leave the road.

In my area 2 months ago, an angry car driver moved to the right and kept doing so and squished the bike rider off the road causing severe injuries. Due to being severely injured, no identification of the car was obtained in the hit and run.

You don't have a right to skateboard or rollerblade either
Or a right to drive a car that is not road legal
Adding bikes isn't a huge deal. If they want to save the environment, they can take the bus.

No one has a right to bike when it interferes with my car and my enjoyment of the road. Anyone that disagrees with me has zero logic.

The fuck is wrong with you?

>Why are Corollas and Camrys allowed to share the road with cars. They go at different speeds, there is obviously going to be strife.

>allow the public to decide how to use public property
>allow public to decide how to use private property

nice try kiddo

This is only an issue if you live in a third world country where bicycles don't have their own lane though

I'm pretty sure like 1/4 of all cars here would be off the road if they had them

>Corollas and Camrys
Can go 100+ mph
>bicycle
15mph at a brisk pace

Public road, public rules. Go ride on private property.

I can't wait until cyclists need plates and licenses to operate outside of the suburbs.

You're dumb

>city my college is in recently put in dedicated bike lanes
>removed lanes for cars and makes traffic worse around the campus
>no one uses the bike lanes because most of the people with bikes are tweakers
Good job

where do you live? like spartanburg or coloumbia or something? cause ive never seen an RX7 in SC

>I can't wait until cyclists need plates and licenses to operate outside of the suburbs.
They should need this on any public road plus insurance.

Dumb because I want all road users to pay taxes to support the roads and maintenance and upgrades meant to accommodate their use of them? Dumb because I want all road users to be insured so they can protect themselves and others in the case of an accident? Dumb because I want there to be standards in the public transit system instead of a free for all?

>trying to correct someone's spelling when you're illiterate
Not sure why you hate bicycles when you already have to wear a helmet everywhere anyway.

>This is only an issue if you live in a third world country where bicycles don't have their own lane though

The poor people should get cars. If they are really too poor, then they can walk or use the bus. It should not be a right to have a bicycle on public roads. Bicycles are personal private possessions not public ones. Ride them on private tracks or private property.

>city I live in took away a car Lane to install bike lane
>middle if downtown
>was congested before they did this
>extra congested now
>also reduced parking available.
There were so many complaints they switched it back.
Cost tax payers $280,000

Move to Russia. You'll fit in nicely

zero logic detected

The last person that said that to me was a satanist that thought voluntary human sacrifice, incest, and cannibalism should be legal , just saying.

It was also my little brother.

>have to go anywhere that's less than 15 km away
>the basic thought of using an automated vehicle

I'll pray for you user

Take a picture of him next time

maybe if you needed plates, inurance, and a license there would be enough tax revenue to pay for bike lanes that aren't complete shit

or even dedicated bike trails

I'm paying the bills so yes. I also have a right not to have my freedom of movement routinely obstructed on public roads by the recreating of others.

Freedom of movement has absolutely nothing to do with motorized vehicles and has been the case for over a hundred years
Yet bicycles are included in freedom of movement

Fuck off cager

Freedom of movement on private property, just like skateboards.

Go ahead, do some sick ollies in the middle of main street. I'm sure your freedom of movement will be appreciated.

You don't have insurance, you don't pay road tax, you aren't licensed to prove that you know what a fucking stop light is. Stay off the road. There are cheaper and faster modes of transport for you to use that are also much safer for all of us. Keep your bike to the trails.

Why are you so mad? Is it because deep down you understand that you have no moral or ethical grounds to impede my movement with you bi-cycling?

Also, why the fuck are you on Veeky Forums?

>normal people on bikes
>rides in parking lane
>if not, rides on footpath or as close to the side, away from traffic as they can
>gives way to cars and shit
>rings bell when coming up to pedestrian and there's no risk

>cyclists
>I PAY REGISTRATION TOO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HERE
>rides as close to the traffic as they possibly can in the cycle lane
>doesn't move out of the way for anyone
>will hold up lots of traffic with their smug bullshit

I seriously don't get it. Cars weight way more then you do. You will come out second best every time.
Surely you can get past your smug bullshit to see that it's also in your best interests to not ride on the road like you on the frigging thing and put themselves in danger

because they know the law is on their side.
if you hit a cyclist you're at fault 90% of the time even though you can't fucking see the cunts.

they are just passive aggressive shit lords. being a smug cunt is part of the fun for them.

This.

A bicycle was my primary mode of transportation for 6 years. It is very possible to do it with out fucking with cars or putting people in danger.

People that go out of their way to delay others and put themselves at risk need to be so thoroughly rekt that they can't ride anymore.

>I would rather die with my head up my own ass then do the smart thing

>live off of two lane highway
>45mph speed limit
>fucking bikers everywhere always going 15mph in the middle of the road

I don't even give a fuck anymore, I pass them going 50 trying to get as close as possible without hitting them.

not a cyclist, keep your raging autism in check

As above

Because I drive cars and talk about driving cars instead of sperging like an autistic virgin Bitch about a minor inconvenience :^)

>driving through lancaster city
>nigger on a bike literally smack in the middle of the lane, going against traffic, at night, wearing black
>almost hit it
>i wouldn't have stopped
>i could just say i thought i hit a pothole since the roads are so fucking shit.

Such a hard core bad ass
What color is your scorpion jacket?

Cars run motorcycle riders over for pissing them off and they can actually do the speed limit, do people that ride push bikes legitimately have a death wish or are they just hoping to catch that road rage on camera?

TOGAY KING

Anybody have that Webm of 20 cars getting stuck behind one spandex clad asshole on Mulholland

Black, as if there was any other option.

no but for real, are niggers trying their hardest to prove Darwin right?

>tfw I drive and also frequently commute/travel by bike

>always follow all traffic laws when using both

>am regularly nearly killed by driver's breaking the law, am occasionally mildly inconvenienced by a bicycle while driving

bicycles are objectively better for you, the environment, and your community when traveling reasonably distances

you guys are dumb, thank god none of you have any real influence on society

What would they need insurance for?

>bicycles are objectively better for you, the environment, and your community when traveling reasonably distances
And this is why we don't care.
Just for that, i'm going to hoon the fuck out of my emission exempt, straight piped, carb'd car in a college town.

>am regularly nearly killed by driver's breaking the law
>things that never happened

I rode a bike almost every day for 6 years. Dog walkers are a way bigger problem than other drivers.

don't cut yourself on that edge bro

Bicycles are great if a normal person operates them.
Bicycles are NOT great if there's a spandex wearing faggot from /n/ riding.

I'm not riding 15 miles to work and 15 miles back home every day, bro. Not everyone lives in fucking Manhattan.

you must live in a decent place

I live in the bay area. Asians and Niggers everywhere

n argument between a man on a bicycle in downtown San Francisco and a motorist nearly turned deadly Thursday night when the driver allegedly hit and ran over the cyclist, police said.

Taj’zanae Zakira Thomas, an 18-year-old Oakland resident, was driving with two others in her car when she and a 26-year-old man on a bicycle started arguing at 4th and Market streets downtown about 5 p.m., said San Francisco police spokesman Albie Esparza.

Witnesses reported hearing a thud when the bicyclist pounded on Thomas’ car, then saw him pull ahead, police said. Then Thomas allegedly hit the man’s bicycle, knocking him over. She then drove directly over him and paused, witnesses told police.

Pedestrians who watched the violent encounter rushed in and stood in front of Thomas’ car, blocking her escape, Esparza said. The bicyclist was rushed to the hospital with a broken back and pelvis, KRON reported.

I'm not saying everyone should use bicycles, but certainly more people could. It would be better for everyone, including other drivers (less congestion)

I've commuted 17 miles before and I don't blame you, I wouldn't do it every day

Cool bro, nice Schwinn

This is the way it should be
>car lane wide enough for most cars
>bike lane also wide enough
>room for both to travel freely
>pedestrian footpath away from road

Yeah well you can't retrofit city roads like that.

I'm not gonna say he deserved it, but karma's a bitch.

ITT thread, people who are bad at biking getting others back for their substandard teenage years without cycling joy.