>buy random d15 from craigslist for $150
>drop in ef hatch and drive for.. 2000 miles
>blow headgasket
>replace hg/timing belt
>go to adjust valve lash
>break lock nut on cyl 1 intake side
>white hatch is dead in garage

hold me

you don't need the lock nut, just put some locktite on there. It's a fucking d-series, who cares. you can buy another head for the price of a bus ticket

Because your honda is a peice of shit so kill yourself.

i seriously considered just welding it in place on the rocker arm. but then i just pulled the rocker assembly

i'm hoping the lock nuts are the same for 16v and 8v heads. if not it will be a regular bolt

>Goes on Honda thread
>Calls Hondas shit
Are you fucking retarded... I am worried about you user

pic related

>8/10 white ef hatch with some hail damage
>$50 non-running with auto trans

will do a junkyard manual swap soon but the auto is alright for now.

Can 5th gen Prelude owners kill themselves already

Is having a SOHC EF/EG/EK Civic/CRX really that bad?

Part of me doesn't want to trust engine swapped cars or I would get B series swapped one.

>Part of me doesn't want to trust engine swapped cars

nigga, what?

there's no difference at all. there is barely any wiring to do. if you're not a mongoloid it will be reliable like stock.

hondas will run no matter what. my engine is running fine with the wrong intake manifold and ecu.

I know nothing of Honda's so I don't know if it's easier or hard to fuck up a swap.
I just want a B series swapped EG to live out my Kanjozoku fantasies

>any year
>loli
Shit taste

Okay we get it preludes aren't good race cars kys

>because its not a little shota boy

faggot

Did I say I'm a faggot?
>being borderline paedo

>borderline pedo

>borderline

>tfw this Integra is up for sale now because of divorce problems for 8k

Fucking women. I'd so buy it if I could. I fell in love with it at the last meet I went to. It's covered in genuine Mugen parts.

>implying you have 8k

:^)

I'll never have 8k. ;_;

>tfw could sell my cars and have $9000

i'm like craigslist-rich

I could sell my hatch for more than I paid for it. It's in much better shape than it used to be.

>tfw one of the only clean/stock EF civic hatch on the road in this area

I would not take less than $3000.

>hatch game strong

MUH DICK

People offer to buy mine all the time but no numbers yet. Mine's cleaner than most but dented. Tenth owner too...

so many stance/ricer kids in this area a stock EF civic is like seeing a pregnant unicorn

More pics

Someone asked me how much I would take for my s2k. I just kinda laughed because I will never sell it.

I admire integras as much as you do my fellow integrabro

>think about selling civic
>realize i'll never find another one like it

i think i'll just keep it and swap engines in whenever they blow. for lyfe

Can't blame him for trying. Lol

Iz gud kar

>structural braces bolted to rose joints

uh

Last one he posted. Hope somebody that can care for it buys it.

Or the owner can tell his ex wife to go fuck herself.

Why does Honda have such a cult following. I mean like, there are faster cars for cheaper, there are better looking cars. Honda doesn't even seem to care about the US market anymore. Like I fucking love my car but like since 07 honda has just kinda left us floating at sea. There's only so many engine swaps we can do. WHEN HONDA WHEN WILL YOU LOVE US AGAIN. WE WANT THE S660, WE WANT TYPE-R'S.

>bent tubes
>no harness bar
>harness on stock seat
>blocks rearwards vision instead of just going up to the roof like a proper main hoop

I saw the saddest thing today. An integra with junk yard doors, random back end and random rattle caned front end. For all i know it could of been a shitty prelude or civic that someone managed to slam a integra front on.

yes, iz gud

you must save it user

We /teg/ tonight

Just because it's not pretty doesn't mean it need saving. If it's good under the bonnet then go
>shitty Prelude
Hell yeah man, fuck em

That was my way of thinking when I bought my hatch. No regrets so far.

>the one and only time a stranger took a pic of it

I really like preludes to clarify, By shitty I mean one that's been wrecked and had an integra front slammed on it some how lol

so qt !

PRELUDES ARE REALLY SHIT FUCKER
FIFTH GENERATION IS HORRENDOUS
Day Prelude was canceled best day of my lide.

Fucking Honda City front end on one can't save it

sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5524127965.html

>tfw no clean DA3

Let me try again

>tfw no clean DA9

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5585878796.html

If only people on CL would hold shit for a couple of months ;_;

miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5571686999.html
>jdm as fuck reddit meme bro
miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5544877922.html
>rebuilt
My area is such shit man, can't even find a good Honda. This season is awful so far.

what about the 4WS Lood

Unrelated to honda, I've drunkenly gotten myself in a flame war on an anime forum.

nigga that's a 'matic what in fuck are you of thinking?

Not with that attitude

Know a girl who bought a clean 1996 GSR in Tampa for 2.8k. One thing the seller did not mention was the fact that the block was warped. Engine lasted 300 miles then cracked near the oil pump. The thing only had 110k on it I believe.

Florida is not kind to Hondas and keep in mind every Cuban and their brother wants to be 2 Fast 2 Furious from what I hear.

It's fun to shitpost on /a/ while hammered

>pic related is going to be reshelled
Basically, I want to rip EVERYTHING out of my Integra and through it into an automatic or another honey beige/earth brown 1990. I saw this Integra awhile back and about shit myself, however I can't buy it and justify bringing it back to Iowa since I leave for the Air Force in two fucking weeks.

Not even /a/ I'm on my anime list which is 10times better to shit post in.

missing my 3rd gen like hell.

Because they're easy to work on

i hear you man but its disheartening to not even be able to find a good honda . If it looks decent with a fair price you look at the title and its rebuilt ridiculous
should i lower my standards and just allow for things like that da integra I linked

also : m.youtube.com/watch?v=dKziKX9SZ7I

i believe tsuchiya made a video on the f dori too but i cant find it

such a babe, gsr blade wheels made it.

>AF
cool i guess.. keep the uniformed selfies to a zero, no one cares and good luck you fucking boot.

source: 21.5 months til EAS

You fuckin mad man

>

The best thing you could do if you want a Honda is import one from another state. Texas, Arizona and New Mexico are good places for that, however if you buy a 2000 dollar car, it's going to cost another 700-1000 to ship. Definitely worth it though as long as it doesn't get stolen.

As far as that goes, you could just wait awhile too. They'll pop up anywhere, importing one is just faster.

Thanks man, I planned on it. Don't care for uniformed selfies anyway, I'm not special, just a faggot trainee lol

Wrong pic

Bought a pack of beef jerky just so I can use the silica gel pack to attempt to get the moisture out of my Taiwanese corner lamp.

>tfw no genuine Stanley clear corners

My car has no fucking right to still exist since it came from Florida.

That explains a lot actually lol

Also, I'm fucking dying at the silica pack trick. That's genius, though you can buy tons from Home Depot for a lot less than Jack Link's bag of dehydrated fucking gold

god DAMN I LOVE that steering wheel

Also all the genuine ones are always in fucking Malaysia. Is the Honda game strong as fuck in Malaysia?

Might buy a bunch there if this one pack doesn't cut it. The amber insert makes it difficult to get all the water out. No way to pop it off either and I don't want to fuck it up trying the oven trick again.

those lights are the cherry on top tbvh

The best

The Honda game in Malaysia USED to be, however since they're so strict with safety and emissions their parts cache is fucking ridiculous.

The one should do it as far as that goes.

what ever happened to the 'LEG i see these near to none at all ! does anyone ever see any on the road?

I just wish the shipping wasn't so brutal. Hopefully the lamp will be mostly dry by the time I leave for the car meet tomorrow.

I see a few four door models around here in Louisiana.

Rusted out and low production. They have problems with heads/headgaskets when the EGR isn't cleaned every 60k miles as well.

very sad! they appear very classy

The best ones are the 6 speed Type-IIs coupes that came later. Contrary to popular belief, the interior is quite nice. Really, it's just a Honda interior with real wood and leather, done smart.

The local Craigslist here in Phoenix is pretty tough. Huge ricer/stance scene here. People want 3k for their riced eg with 250k miles.

Case in point
phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5546578569.html

that's my car!!!!!!!!!

>dailydriven

How dare he daily drive a fucking Civic!

these any decent?

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5555971296.html
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5559766145.html

>everyone still doing this dumb intake stuff

Fuckin RIP man

>trans built by Danny aka frustrate
Literally who lol

The EJ1 is the better one, however the ED6 with the franken D15 wouldn't be bad either. The best thing to do with both of these is find a DA9 airbox and snorkel since I've concluded that it's the most isolated. That or make your own aluminium isolation box.

Those are probably the two best you've posted. The EJ1 you can probably get down to 3k-3200 and the ED6 probably around 1700 at lowest since both of these have been builds.

The B20B high comp is a great engine though. That mated to that GSR transmission could spank VTEC Hondas.

That EJ coupe actually has a lot of expensive interior bits that I'd love to have.

>lower console with the head unit moved into it
>extra long arm rest
>EDM Civic steering wheel

Also like that he got rid of those eBay adjustable springs. I had those in mine when I bought it and it rode like complete shit. Oh and he's got real corners unlike my fake ones. Those are pretty valuable.

thanks for being so helpful
i wish i was more experienced and handy with tools, there was a real nice EG civic that was prepped for racing , roll cage extinguisher and everything . But the motor and tranny hadn't been installed yet
i dunno man
what do you own by the way? what happened to the prelude

This as well. Lots of SiR components

Yo anytime. The EJ1 is something you should definitely look into, that looks like a well done build.

I had the 1991 Prelude Si from 2012-2013 and I've had the 90 Integra LS since 2013 that I want to reshell.

JOIN
THE
COLL/\G E
F/\M

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5553752245.html
this is that civic by the way
the ej1 looks promising
i was hesitant at first because of the paint at sticker but it seems well taken care of
i also have a soft spot for that 91 civic but it's had less work done to it , much cheaper though.

i have a friend with a 1989 prelude, it really is a beautiful car

Honestly it's super hard to find a Southern fifth gen Civic with original paint still in good shape. The sun absolutely destroys it unless it was a garage queen.

The ED6 would be the sketchier one to look at due to it being a D15/Y8. SOHC VTEC conversions are interesting, not a lot are usually done.

The EJ1 on the other hand like I've said is nice.

That EG would be so bad to DD lol

I actually like sun baked paint on Hondas, just not shit clearcoat from a respray.

yeah that scca eg would probably be miserable any time you're not at a circuit
it's fun to dream a bit though

so the fact it's an EF civic that's not fucked doesn't out weigh the EG mods?
Everyone always hypes up the older civics with it only getting better as you go older

Yeah my acquaintance with the AGP hatch had just a little bit of sun damage on his hood when I first saw it. I saw it again just a few days ago and almost the whole hood is covered. It's barely been a year. lol

If my hatch hadn't been badly repainted it'd probably look just like pic related right now.

Found it. This was in December and it's actually gotten worse since then. lol

As they do get better back to the third gen, the EJ1 would be a much better Honda than the ED6 because of the mods and SiR parts. Weight plays a huge role when you look at them with the original engines, however a B20B (EJ1 probably weighs 2400 or somewhere around there) works well with something like that since it's a DX. All around, it'd be a good buy.

Sixth gen Civics are good and seventh gen is alright. The EM2 and EP3 are great Civics, I think.

I hate it when clear coat is redone and bakes off within a five year span. Least sun damage looks alright. Don't know if you remember, but later this year or next year I'll be buying an auto EG6 from Redondo Beach with 140k on it now. Same guy I bought the 300zx and Frontier from, so it'll be a good swap candidate. SUN FADE AND ALL. Oh and a Lexus backed over the hood.

That fuckin resonator lmao

is there a big difference with the coupes and hatches of EG? why does japan favor the hatch so much?

The Kanjo is why.

The hatches have a stiffer chassis than the coupe, however the sedan I believe is stiffer than both the hatch and the coupe.

Here we go! Halloween 2014. Shit spreads so damn fast.

>this pic triggered my desire for a hatch

I need to thank him. I kind of want to drive it since it's mostly stock.

Ooh yeah I remember now. I wouldn't mind sun fade if mine was never painted. I'm more annoyed that they used two different shades of red...

I never got the chance to hear that Si in person. He sold it, got an auto Integra, rekt that, then I think he got another Integra. Had a baby seat in the back in all three.

Japan fucking loves small cars. Hatch has more practicality than the coupe too. I can fit so much shit in the back without having to deal with a normal trunk.

>get interested in buying a 5th gen because they're cheap
>start seeing hate on Veeky Forums
has it always been this way? why are they shit ;_;

how would you make the coupe stiffer then