/fog/ Fallout General

Ghoulish Edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!sJxl2QxT!A6trr8wKjOCMYv8IRWEthzNZTX8zF4kccfxp_lcQT0M
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10692/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11647/?
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_core
youtube.com/watch?v=fjK5jfDSra4
blacknora11.imgur.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Synths must die.

The extremely slow build up, shit voice acting, endgame enemies and gear showing up 15 minutes into the game THROUGH THE STORYLINE thus nullifying any real threat they pose, settlements being poorly implemented, artillery and flares being near worthless, even if you're right next to a settlement. There are good things about the game, but there's a lot more that is wrong with it.

is there a Fallout 4 version of Wrye Flash yet?

>regular ass deathclaw and a half broken suit of the second crappiest PA in the game
>endgame content

pls post compile and post an imgur album
my cock is depending on your efforts, Ser Lewd

>Courtenay Taylor will never grab me by the balls forcefully and whisper 'let's go boy'

End me

ayy lmao

>half broken suit
Two pieces that are red, but still fully functional does not constitute half broken.

>implying deathclaws aren't intended as endgame content
Either way, you can take on literal boss mobs like Swann at level 8 without power armor just using a handful of psycho jet and a pair of regular brass knuckles. It's shit pacing.

Here ya go
lazy _(:з」∠)_

/comfy/

>The extremely slow build up
Thats usually considered a good thing in most games.

> shit voice acting
I honestly don't find it that shitty outside of Mama Murphy who seems to have been like the first NPC they made as her face and animations are really terrible compared to the other NPCs.

> endgame enemies and gear showing up 15 minutes into the game THROUGH THE STORYLINE thus nullifying any real threat they pose
And now PA is not only destructible, but has the limit of fusion cores.

Like, when I started the game, I got to use PA for all of about 20 minutes before I had to go back to Sanctuary and drop it off due to a lack of power, and a lack of shit to repair it with.

>settlements being poorly implemented
I had fun with them.

Better then trying to have settlers do things, such as building shit of their own,and zapping your resources in the process, and building shit that gets in the way of shit you want to build.

Or having them assign themselves to shit you don't want them to making that whole process a hassle.

>artillery and flares being near worthless, even if you're right next to a settlement.
Its almost like the Minutemen are using fucking revolutionary war era technology in most cases or something.

>There are good things about the game, but there's a lot more that is wrong with it.
The problems I had with it were few, and mostly consisted of
1. I wish there was more quests
2. I wish there were more SPECIAL/perk checks

sliders and mods, then?

>not getting a todd preset and todd voicepack for a legit toddthrough

why have I never thought of this

>And now PA is not only destructible
And costs so little resource to repair it's irrelevant. You can find fusion cores extremely easy if you know where to look. By the time you hit level 15 you can have enough fusion cores to last you several hours without the fusion core perks.

Now there's an idea, champ!
Make sure, after killing Benny, you say "Who's laughing now?"

>And costs so little resource to repair
It actually costs quite a few rare resources comparatively.

>ou can find fusion cores extremely easy if you know where to look. By the time you hit level 15 you can have enough fusion cores to last you several hours without the fusion core perks.
Throughout the hole game + DLC I think i've found like 120, in 100+ hours. and thats with the max ranks of the scournger perk that nets you more ammo(including fusion cores)

it costs fuckall to repair a set of Power Armor and it's better than it has ever been in 3D fallouts its not even an issue

I have been playing with body mods like CBBE and shit.

If I take off the vault 111 jumpsuit and am naked it's all good but when I put the jumpsuit back on, the breast (of all things) break and wonk out really badly.

The only fix I have found is to quicksave and quit and reload the game. quicksave then quickload does not work.

Is there a console command to 'refresh' or 'reload'? Has anyone seen this issue before? I'm really hoping it doesn't do it with all armor. The nudie mods, if they are causing it, aren't really that important so I can just drop them if there's no fix...

>It actually costs quite a few rare resources comparatively
It costs rare resources to upgrade, not repair. Repairs cost steel and that's it.

>Throughout the hole game + DLC I think i've found like 120, in 100+ hours. and thats with the max ranks of the scournger perk that nets you more ammo(including fusion core
You can find 5+ at any location with PA users or pre-war military installations without scrounger. You being bad and unable to find them easily doesn't make it so.

mega.nz/#!sJxl2QxT!A6trr8wKjOCMYv8IRWEthzNZTX8zF4kccfxp_lcQT0M
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10692/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11647/?

It's still one of the shittiest suits in the game that is partially broken. You only get one core and the worst big gun in the game up against the weakest deathclaw variant in the game.
Because someone who just picked up the game is going to know how best to stock up on fusion cores. Also the torso piece requires some circuitry to repair, which can be troublesome to find before you start running into a lot of turrets.

Also you can hardly fault bethesda for wanting some means of showing off their brand new and improved power armor

Don't use the physics body, it's buggy as fuck

>rare resources
>plastic, aluminum, and circuitry

for someone to actually use power armor and still complain about it only highlights how terrible they are

bae

>It costs rare resources to upgrade, not repair. Repairs cost steel and that's it.
I honestly didnt have that much steel for quite a few hours in, and even then, I had no reason to go back and get the PA as I was doing just fine with the armor I had.

>You can find 5+ at any location with PA users or pre-war military installations without scrounger.
100% false
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_core
There are the only pre-set locations in the game, and only one of them has more then three, and thats The Castle.

Can you make an argument that doesn't consist of easily disprovable bullshit?

>tfw you realize T-60 is literally what you get when you mix porkfire and t-45 together
>they made it a prewar armor

Thank you!

EZ PZ.

Too bad I have to remake all the small tweaks I made in the Bodyslider though don't I?

I haven't figured out how to change things without having to start over. Aside from actually saving my changes somehow aside from just hitting build when I'm done.

Is there a mod that makes raiders/mutants/ghouls/etc actually attack your settlements and not just spawn inside after certain quests (synths spawning inside, etc)?

why is power armour degradeable but a set of tattered rags will not change after months of in game time while being shot at, blown up, set on fire, slept in and rolled around in basically every day.

This has never made sense to me. It's like durability was GOING to be a thing at one point but was then cut, and we're left with PA still having the remnants of that system

>It's still one of the shittiest suits in the game that is partially broken
And repaired at the cost of a whopping 2 steel.

>Because someone who just picked up the game is going to know how best to stock up on fusion cores
Shit senpai, it should be common sense to seek out fusion cores at places with Power Armor or military installations (places that used to have Power Armor). You have be retarded not to realize how to get them.

>Also you can hardly fault bethesda for wanting some means of showing off their brand new and improved power armor
I can fault them because bad game design is bad game design.

>I honestly didnt have that much steel for quite a few hours in
You must be fucking awful then because you get massive amounts of steel just from vanilla scrapping Sanctuary.

You realize that you find Sentry Bots at those military locations which is a guaranteed 2 cores, correct? You can also find it in containers at these locations. It even says in the fucking notes.

>Can you make an argument that doesn't consist of easily disprovable bullshit
But you didn't disprove anything.

>Is there a mod that makes raiders/mutants/ghouls/etc actually attack your settlements and not just spawn inside after certain quests
Uhh settlement attacks have nothing to do with quests m8.

and their spawn locations vary per settlement. I';ve seen it take like 5 minutes for them to actually reach my settlement because they spawned so far down the road

>why is power armour degradeable
Because they wanted to rid of the lore breaking PA training shit, but still needed a way to balance it, so they made PA degrade and require cores to work.

Torso takes circuitry, actually, so early game it's hard to keep up

Your point still stands, I just had to be that guy

because repairing clothes is shit and serves what purpose?
because repairing power armor and replenishing cores barely even offset how OP it is

>You realize that you find Sentry Bots at those military locations which is a guaranteed 2 cores, correct?
And Sentry Bots are like level 25-30+ creatures, so being low level and fighting them isnt a thing unless you willingly cheese it

See It's not even cheesing it. It's easily doable, without power armor, with a handful of easy to get chems and a shitty unarmed weapon.

>It's not even cheesing it.
>goes on to list the most cheesy method ever

>legitimate game mechanics
>in melee range
>cheesing it
Wew lad

/FOG/

I CAN'T DIE TONIGHT

I HAVE TO LIVE UNTIL I CAN SAVE THE WORLD

the only thing cheesier than that is using power armor :^)

Did nexus change part of its mod list thing?

Before it used to tell you like "X number of results have been filtered would you like to unfilter them!"

But now I dont see that anymore

Not to mention that Swan is double the level of the average Sentry bot.

My waifu is Atlas reincarnated!

Is power armor really "cheesing it" if you have to invest a lot more resources into it than normally

.... yes...

... the hugest...

youtube.com/watch?v=fjK5jfDSra4

>handed to you on a silver platter 15 minutes into the game
>have to invest a lot more resources into it
Pick one and only one

i never got that about dead rising
>humans are 1000000 times harder to kill then the neigh magically walking dead

if you weren't using PA a certain point there is nothing else to use those resources on anyways

that upkeep is a pretty fair tradeoff for essentially walking around with an excessively armored second health bar

Tunnel Snakes Rule!

The whole game series has a sort of cartoony/caricaturistic feel to it. That's why I feel they can get away with arbitrary design choices like damage sponges.

xth for finding love and happiness in the harsh wasteland

NUKA WORLD WHEN

Fuck off dogmeat.

The point of Dead Rising is that humans, in the event of whatever sort of "apocalypse", are infinitely more dangerous than whatever caused the apocalypse in the first place

tfw will never be a wasteland crusader

fucknugget

I find myself getting shot the fuck up a lot more easily in power armor than out of it in Survival. Especially if some part of it breaks.

I tried to make a medicine stick, came out with this instead.

Why would you want to be? That sounds awful.

do any of us truly deserve a good fallout game

My wallet does.

this game is boring

There any Fallout 4 Quest mods that have Fallout New Vegas quality of dialogue?

Living in a wasteland is awful enough.

Not until Maxwell's World.

Nothing attacks my settlements until late game and its always synths.

>what is maxsons brotherhood of steel
>travel across the wasteland
>kill muties, raiders and ferals
>locals flock to join because they helped
>they don't take tech from locals unless they're dangerous

Maybe your life of sin and iniquity has brought you here.

>that have Fallout New Vegas quality of dialogue
You mean NPCs vomiting encyclopedia entries about shit your character would already know about at you?

Yeah, its called Morrowind

>technology
hilarious

I'll have to agree when it comes to survival vanilla/power armor. Shit doesn't really help for a good while into the game when you can upgrade it.
Not that I disagree that having it in the first quest within a couple of minute walk from the starting area is a shitty idea.
They probably wanted to get teaching players about fusion cores out of the way as soon as possible. Or just wanted something for their gameplay preview.

That said, whenever I play, I hardly take my powerarmor out

The lack of melee weapons kills me a little inside.
None of it looks good when used with PA. Even the supersledge.
Where's my proton axe and shit mang.

Are there any Fallout 4 quest mods

>Where's my proton axe
In Big MT. where it always will be since they are the ones who made it

I know that. But the institute could have had more melee weapons than shit ass shock batons

Proton axes were present in Wasteland.

not him but s-sshh, Ace and the Desert Rangers had nothing to do with this travesty.

Alright just for you ;)
blacknora11.imgur.com/

Why would the Institute NEED weapons period?

The only people who go outside are the synths, and they can mass produce cheap as fuck laser rifles and shock batons for them.

>NEED

You fat piece of shit

I want you to sit on my face

Fallout Timeline:

>65,000,000 BC - Lavos lands on earth. Humans become the dominant intelligent species on the planet. The technologically advanced dinosaur-like race flee Earth, their descendants becoming known as "Zetans"
>Some time before 12,000 BC: People learn to harness Lavos' power to create magic
>12,000 BC - Lavos breaks free of captivity and the high magic society of humans is destroyed
>600 AD - A time-travelling wizard uses magic to terrorize the world, but his conquest is suddenly stopped cold
>1191 - During the siege of Acre of the third crusade, a magic ritual is performed, ushering in a new but temporary age of magic
>1500s - Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
>1942 - Mankind once again experiments into the mysterious magical power of Lavos, this time tapping into a new source of magical energy known as the atom
>1998 - Lavos awakens from his slumber, causing great global catastrophe. He returns to his slumber before the world collapses entirely, but here and there the effects can be seen.
>2077 - The Great War
>2087 - Wasteland 1
>2102 - Wasteland 2
>2127 - Fountain of Dreams
>2161 - Fallout 1
>2197 - Fallout Tactics
>2208 - Fallout Brotherhood of Steel
>2241 - Fallout 2
>2277 - Fallout 3
>2281 - Fallout New Vegas
>2287 - Fallout 4
>2300 - The surface world of the Earth is dead, populated only by robots and horrible mutants. The surviving humans cling onto their meager existence in run-down vaults.

>he posted his meme again

Do I REALLY need to download separate files for the damn key nuker mod for each DLC?

Can he not make them all one fucking file?

A big, fuck off auto-injector to go with their bio-weapon needle guns would have been nice.

So this is followed by Blame! Huh?

I honestly don't see why The Institute would need bioweapons when their shitty ass lasers do the job.

Especially when the FEV project was top secret, and no one but the people working on it, shaun, and zimmer knew about it

She's turned a gun on him!!!

I think she means to shoot!!

Do you ever look at your character and wonder "why am I attracted to this"?

I do it when I look at mine all the time.

Hold up, were did you get the one handed pistol animation?

Ain't that the question ;^)

>going through the mods on mexus by endorsement order
>on page 20 and have seen like 10 mods based on Shad's Vault meat
Why are so many people attracted to Shad's god-awful drawings?

From the side she is fascinating to look at. That profile is definitely unique.

>I honestly don't see why the Institute would need cybernetics

>I honestly don't see why the Institute would need bio-augmentation

>I honestly don't see why the Institute would need designer drugs

>I honestly don't see why the Institute would need bio/chemical weapons

>need

Fucking Luddite.

>He doesn't know

Hey, I made that!

Have another rare Jay & Mike!

I hate this game but I can't stop playing it.

it's probably something disappointing like a pose mod anyway.