Is anyone familiar with the process of importing a car that is on the list of vehicles eligible for import through an...

Is anyone familiar with the process of importing a car that is on the list of vehicles eligible for import through an RI from the NHTSA? All the info for importing a car I can find is about companies offering cars complying with the 25-year rule. Nothing about non-compliant cars being made compliant for import.

pic related, I'm considering importing an FD

As a followup I'm mostly interested in what the cost is going to be like. I don't know what the cost of something like an RX-7 is like in Japan. I've been lead to believe cars like that have a lower value in Japan than they do in the US, but if importation fees and modification costs are going to be more than buying domestic than obviously it's not worth it.

You're that same faggot and I'm still not going to help you because you like the veilside body kit

you aren't a suitable owner for an FD

sage

>namefag
bet you've never even driven an fd
t. double fd owner

every damn day motherfucker

same but that's because I'm retarded what is your excuse boi

There's a simple solution for your retarded ass question.

>contact a RI and fucking ask them.
They're registered importers for a fucking reason. That's literally their job to answer your questions on the topic of car imports.

>he has a different opinion than I do so he's unworthy to own a FD

I know namefags are insecure attention whores, but Jesus.

yeah holy shit what a fag

do you fucksticks even know who i am, I am a legend in the fd community

google me

fite me irl bitch

I don't want you to have an FD because you'll just ruin it with a shit bodykit.

I googled you and only came up with results of you losing to camrys? ?

If it isn't on the list of approved import cars basically you can go fuck yourself because MBUSA blew 1M USD lobbying Congress to block gray imports.

1990-1995 RX-7 is on the list. I'm not trying to do the impossible and try to get a car approved, I'm looking at importing one that's already good to go.

That's not OP, but no, the plan is not to put a bodykit on. In the last post I said the Fortune kit is probably only good looking kit ever made for anything really, but that the cost is stupid high for that sort of thing.

>I said the Fortune kit is probably only good looking kit ever made for anything really
But that's objectively wrong.

From what I've seen aftermarket body kits never look like they fit. The Fortune is like an entirely different car so it doesn't look like you can see the RX-7 under it, just something else.

They don't look like they fit because the people that use bodykits are the people that handbrake drift their cars into walls.

I'm not limited by any rules about importing cars depending upon their year or specification.

>ruin it
how would it ruin the car, if anything putting a different engine like a boat anchor ls would ruin it

OP here, that's something I really cannot get behind at all. I believe when it comes to engine swapping you really need to keep it in the family. You shouldn't be putting 302s and Coyotes in anything but a Ford, SBCs should only go in other Chevys, swapping an RB2X into an S13 is okay but never a 2JZ. The only reasonable swap I can see for an RX-7 is a 20B. I can see why people fuck around with Fox bodies and 240SXs, but I don't understand why someone would get a car that is as unique and specific as the RX-7 and fuck it up with an LS motor. That kid who made the RX-7 that was on Matt Farah's show deserves to be shot.

>what is RE Anemiya

Is that functional? The fenders look really weird and I'd hope that's for function because otherwise I don't even know.