/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Shadow of the Hist Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news

Shadow of the Hist DLC is out!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/shadowsofthehist
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bosmer_Names
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFmlPx-obrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sEbBqwzyr9g
youtube.com/watch?v=lCVGlqe2ZHo
imgur.com/a/bnLhD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bar with me, but whats NB. I want to be a stealth archer.

Gonna play a DK, but I'm torn between Orc and Dunmer. I'm wanting to tank effectively, but I'd also like to not be useless during those times I won't be tanking.

what do

Nightblade the class with a literal stealth ability.

So make a NB wood elf and you're all set.

Nightblade, it's basically mage/thief but the magic parts are mostly from one tree I think. You'd have a bow and dual blades if you went for stealth archery.

What good is Pelinal's Aptitude if it doesn't help me make a hybrid build?

I want to mix stamina/magicka like I did at the very start of the game. (Before the pool sizes effected damage.)

Just make a new character

>Skill respecs only cost 10K
>Stat respecs only cost 2.5K
>New gear is easy to come by

You never actually need to re-roll. You'll never be able to fuck up that bad.

Damn furries

See, Zenimax? this is how you kill your game, stupid fucks.

>What good is Pelinal's Aptitude if it doesn't help me make a hybrid build?
It's a noob trap to trick ppl into crafting something useless, so they have to buy more materials to craft something decent. Working as intended.

What?

Probably somebody sperging out over not being able to dye their special costumes without ESO plus.

Orc at least, like you don't want to fuck up as a tank, wiping a trials group is the most embarrassing shit.

They keep "adding" content, but people leave, geez, I wonder what's happening!

Show us on the doll where the Loremaster touched you.

Will they ever balance mag and stam? First, stam is shit and mag dominates for like 2 years. Now they make stam OP thanks, Maelstrom and the difference in dps is like 10k.

What reason is there to be mag dps these days, when being that just handicaps your team, because they could replace you with a stam player and be better off?

Who /stamNBvMA/ here

I'm actually having fun in this game.

didn't know orcs could be hot desu

I see Koreans have found ESO.

I've only ever done two dungeons before but my queue has been going for nearly two hours now as a NB... this shit normal? I've never had to wait more than twenty minutes.

Is there a priority for the first run of the day / ESO subbers?

>as a NB

this has no meaning. NB what? dps? tank? heal? dps always have to wait the longest.

And dungeon finder is pretty unreliable, especially after updates, for some reason.
You should only try dungeon finder if you're questing or farming, or whatever, and wouldn't mind a dungeon run, but don't really care. If you want to do a dungeon right fucking NOW, you always go to zone/guild for group. Much faster, and a better chance that your group won't be clueless low level newbies that only speak russian.

First craft bag, then costume dyes. I like what you're doing, ZOS. Fucking love this shit.

Yeah dps, sorry. Still though, over two hours is pretty absurd.

Thanks for the tip though, thankfully I got my daily run done so as you said, no rush as such.

stam sorc checking in

Yeah group finder is quite literally over 99% DPS queuers.

Tank queuing will find you a group instantly, as in, you press queue and you're in a group. Healer is sometimes the same, sometimes you wait a few minutes, but DPS is not worth even bothering queuing because of the class imbalance.

>stonefalls zone chat

Nearly as good as Glenumbra where some tinfoil hat guy was saying that Trump is fucking his own campaign because the Clintons are paying him.

For a mag sorc doing vMA, Julianos > TBS?

That's a nice dye job. I use that costume too. I wish all the costumes didn't cover up the hair, face, or both.

Just hide your helmet.

I bought the first 4 DLCs now that we have a 40% discount on the crowns, so I started playing again after 1 year (and I have some questions):
- The last time I played I remember that there were A LOT of useless sets people just used always the same 1-2 sets (several sets that I used to like were for low VR). How is the situation now?
- Is the bow still hated?
- After a year I got kicked from all the tradidng guilds I was in. Is there a way to find trading guilds with a lot of users (I remember it took me a lot to find those guilds back then)?
- Should I buy the last DLC (I see that it has only 2 dungeons, but I don't know if I can find strong sets/weapons there) or should I keep my 2000 remaining crowns for the next one? I don't really care about mounts/pets.
- Is there a place where i can farm quickly some CP? I remember there was a cave in Cyrodiil, but I don't remember which cave it was and I don't know if they nerfed it.
- I see that now there are more than 30 motifs (the last motifs I saw the last year was the glass one). How am I supposed to find them now?
- How can I make golds now? I used to steal everything back then (I still have an unsold imperial motif book). Is there a better way now?
Thank you.

I don't think it matters since costumes make your armor appear hidden

But it hides your costume helmet as well.

>mfw when nobody has answered to this.

>The last time I played I remember that there were A LOT of useless sets people just used always the same 1-2 sets (several sets that I used to like were for low VR). How is the situation now?
ZOS has scaled a shit-ton of sets. In the this newest update they've scaled 17 new sets.

>Is the bow still hated?
No, they changed one of the shitty bow passives for a lot better one. They also gave us a couple new bow set. Bow still isn't that good for primary dps for PvE.

>After a year I got kicked from all the tradidng guilds I was in. Is there a way to find trading guilds with a lot of users (I remember it took me a lot to find those guilds back then)?
Ask in zone chat and ask from /tesog/ guildies or friends about those guilds.

>Should I buy the last DLC (I see that it has only 2 dungeons, but I don't know if I can find strong sets/weapons there) or should I keep my 2000 remaining crowns for the next one? I don't really care about mounts/pets.
Those dungeons are probably one of the best dungeons in the game but they're just dungeons. Some of those sets are bind on equip so you can trade em. You might also get them as reward from PvP.
Next DLC is 75% Vvardenfell, so I think you know you should save those crowns.

>Is there a place where i can farm quickly some CP? I remember there was a cave in Cyrodiil, but I don't remember which cave it was and I don't know if they nerfed it.
Caves in Cyro, public dungeons in Orsinium.
Doing dailies and random daily dungeon gives good xp also.

> I see that now there are more than 30 motifs (the last motifs I saw the last year was the glass one). How am I supposed to find them now?
This is too long to explain, basically alliance motifs from cyro and IC chests, new daedra from IC chests.
Other DLC motif pages are rare rewards from DLC zone dailies or public dungeon&delve bosses.

Part 2.

>How can I make golds now? I used to steal everything back then (I still have an unsold imperial motif book). Is there a better way now?
Stealing items and selling those to a fence. Farming motif pages and specific sets. Some new alchemy ingredients give good amount of gold too (bfly wings and mudcrab chitins, you just need to know place to farm them).

Some nice shit they've added.
>stealing and fences, (you can improve this with TG)
>poison crafting and new alchemy ingredients.
>better enchanting and provision
>you can now trade bind on pickup items with your current trial or dungeon group for 2 hours
>capturable towns in cyro and capturable districts in IC
>shield dyes
>lots of other improvements

Another game where I have spent 30 mins trying to think of name

fuck me. someone help

Race? Gender?

Male Wood Elf

>Male Wood Elf

Is ESO worth buying and investing time into? Im thinking about getting it while its on steam sale. What are you opinion guys?

p-pls you guys are the assholes who told me to make this ;-;

Hell yeah it's worth it

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bosmer_Names
If all else fails, pick one from here.

>p-pls you guys are the assholes who told me to make this ;-;

FEMALE Wood elf.

Is anyone else getting this weird effect after you logout where it looks like a bucket of lube was poured on you?

Thank you man.

this.

Male Wood Elves are manlet faggots

Female Wood Elves are qts.

Although, Dunmer and Altmer male elves break the usual rule where ALL male elves in MMO's are faggots. You can actually make manly looking Altmer and Dunmer.

No.

It's probably a virus, better uninstall ESO just to be safe.

Consolefag here.

Can anyone tell me what the minotaur motif looks like? I have a hunch it looks like the Morihaus set but i cant confirm

It does. I forgot to save the image someone posted of the concept art, but the heavy is literally the Morihaus set, the medium is like that but in leather (with more chest shower) and I forget what the light looked like but it doesn't have the minotaur hat so it's lame.

Omg, uninstalling it worked! Thanks user! hehe rofl xD

I dunno user, you can make neat Bosmeri dudes. They get cool little features like the ability to have horns and other more wild features.

Sweet, thanks. I liked the look of some bits of the morihaus stuff but not all of it. Least i can swap n change now

I started in Khanaris Roost and my friend started in Bleak Rock, are these tutorial places still or can I somehow leave this small mapped area and find him now?

Thread lasted 5 mins. Lol

Did you guys pick the same alliance?

They're tutorial places tied to your Alliance. You can't go to his alliance zones (or vice versa) until you finish the main story (and are likely level 50 and doing Champion level bullshit).

This will change sometime in Q4 of this year when they release the One Tamriel update, but for the moment you'll have to make characters on the same alliance to play together. Sorry, user.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK

Thats pretty terrible. Does this mean that I am not playing with any of the other portions of the population since we are all different alliances?

is this your first mmo

Its his first mmo

>surprised that different factions don't get to play together

first MMO, I assume?

no, you can't play together except do dungeons via dungeon finder, unless you're in the same alliance, not until One Tamriel is released.

It's quite apparent to me you ain't a person of Japanese decent living in 1940's American.

Wait a couple months, ZOS will release One Tamriel which removes all PvE alliance restriction. You can only do dungeons and trials with people from other alliances.
Or just make a new character.

and are still DYEL manlets

>Fargoth

youtube.com/watch?v=ZFmlPx-obrQ

This entire DLC was fucking amazing. Why has the quality dropped in recent ones?

Holy fugg

youtube.com/watch?v=sEbBqwzyr9g

Yes.
yes, I played Wow, but didnt like the feel so not by much. and I played alone.

As a wood elf DB going stealth with bow and arrow, what do I put my points into?

health stam, magic

>This entire DLC was fucking amazing. Why has the quality dropped in recent ones?

Because they were focusing on just rolling out elements of the justice system, and scaling old content (trials, DSA etc) up, rather than adding new content like Orsinium did.

SoH and the housing DLC that's coming next will also probably not be huge content patches. Vvardenfell is coming at the end of the year/early next year though, and is supposed to be about twice the area of Orsinium, with at least as many features.

BTW that 12k weapon damage werewolf damage set actually made into live.

AHHAHAHHHAHHHHAAAHHAHAHAHA!
fuck zos

Hircine has truly blessed us. Enjoy it while you can, lads.

No word on player houses in starting zones.
-Khenarthi's Roost
-Stros M'Kai
-Betnikh
-Bleakrock Isle
-Bal Foyen
What a waste if there won't be houses in those zones. I just want my cozy little cabin in one of those zones.

They are pretty fucking tiny, so I can understand why they'd not want to give up the space and possibly confuse new players before they get out of the tutorial. Like, for some you could phase it (like Bleakrock, have the phase with the housing be post-invasion and thus, post tutorial) but others don't have that sort of drastic change.

I assume by DB you mean nightblade.
Stam all day baby.

I totally forgot Bleakrock, there are a couple other cool places and towns that have been invaded and after you finish the quest, hostile mobs still remain. I hope ZOS makes some of these places like Haven and Velyn Harbor where the city is "revived" or taken back.

Dude I'm willing to bet that theyre going to put housing in a pocket of oblivion for obvious numerical reasons. People throw shitfit millions for traders at Rawl'Kha and the 3 capitals. How crazy do you think it would get for player owned houses there?

Also Western Skyrim DLC when? I wanna kill me some Falmer

yeah meant NB my bad.

I am an archer so I dont know which class to go with. assassin seems to be daggers so i have a point in shadow.

still go stamina?

You're pretty late. They added houses in this patch and probably add more houses in next major patch. Housing is released in Q1 2017.
youtube.com/watch?v=lCVGlqe2ZHo
imgur.com/a/bnLhD

Yes.
Wood elf is a stamina race and all the bow skills cost stamina.

>Exploring Craglorn
>Oh, there's a quest in this delve
>Destroy the Scorpion Matron!
>Solo her, pain in the ass
>Destroy her nests!
>No interact options at all, no relevant quest item, etc.
>Maybe broken
>Relog
>Destroy the Scorpion Matron!
So I'm just going to assume it's another artificially group fucked quest, where there are no interact options unless you have two or more players in a group, and whereas they both use an otherwise non-existent interact option at the same time.

Seriously fuck this zone, not even One Tamriel can fix this intuitive mess. No fun allowed.

84th for orsimer QTs

Different user but I'm new and a level 15 stamblade. I made an Argonian because I like em and I'd consider myself a good player, will race impact me that much?

So how's the player base? Steam chart numbers are just sad.

Race matters very little in normal/vet dungeons. Matters a lot in raids, especially veteran, where not having an optimal race for your class and build will have a noticeable impact. Also matters in PvP, but if you're skilled enough, you can outplay anyone, regardless of racial passives, so take that how you will.

That said, the best race for your class and build will give you and edge in everything you do, don't listen to the "races only matter for min/maxers" crowd. They're shitters.

>Steam chart numbers are just sad.
For a reason.

It feels as if there's some sort of hidden strategy I'm missing regarding the Lady of Lice on veteran.

The tanks I've played with takes an absurd amount of damage compared to what he takes against Dusk or Molag Kena.

What should the tank do during the fight?

A very tiny fraction of players play ESO through steam.

Even people who own the game on steam don't play it through steam because there's problems with steam and the launcher or something along those lines, but even then most people don't own it through steam.

> Steam charts
wew lad

No one buys it on steam or even play it trough steam if they bought it there. And even if you'd be stubborn enough to only care about steam, it would still be more popular than Everquest II, FFXIV, Ragnarok and Eve Online.

Thanks buddy, very informative. I might just persist until max level and then race change or I'm juggling the idea of buying ESO plus and getting the imperial pack.

Can I meet grills through ESO?
Pls say yes

About to hit 50 on my first character, a stamblade, and my dual wield bar right now is Bloodthirst, Bloodcraze, Shrouded Daggers (probably gonna reset morphs for this), Ambush, and Shadowy Disguise

Should I switch something out for Grim Focus, and if so, which one? It seems like a really good skill

Hidden Blade seems like the obvious choice to remove for it, but if the damage bonuses from those two skills stack it seems like it might be worth using both

Am I doing something wrong?

The queue system is complete garbage, so probably not.

>Can check every dungeon on specific dungeon and still wait 8 hours
>Random dungeon is like a special queue where you're only queued with other Random dungeon queues due to some hidden priority system

Supposedly it's more fucked after an update.

There's a few of us here actually so not really hard

Is there any way to play with a friend that joined a different alliance? I've completed the main quest.