/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Archived with 99 posts edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj (embed)

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8 (embed)

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA (embed)

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT (embed)

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg (embed)

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb (embed)

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND (embed)

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous thread:

1st for dead general

2nd for Elves

Maaaan, three of those pawn returns where people just handed me rocks. This is silly.

W-Whoa. It's looking a lot thicker than it did in the character creator screen.

Also why is the head so small here, I swear it wasn't that bad when I was making her

That rocks

drow elves

So, Mystic Knight. Are the stat growths REALLY so shit you need to Sorc to make up for it?

Because I'd really rather not.
I find standing around and charging spells to be so dull even the sight of meteors annihilating the enemy doesn't make up for it.

Depends how you want to play MK in the endgame, you could play melee based and full MK leveling will be fine, as for magick, sorc levels will definitely be beneficial, but not necessary.

A quick question about the MA/MK growth mods. They don't interfere with online Ur, right?

why would they?

It's because she has clothes on now, lad.

The cycle of adventure will not end. Not today, not while I survive to bump it.

>never found a Griffin which stayed on the ground long enough to get butchered
>hit post-game without killing a non-quest one
guess I'm not getting Gloves of Might for now

Just light it on fire and it can't fly away.

>tfw had to uninstall dragon's dogma to have space for DOOM
I guess I'm done with it for now, but I will return again later

Surely you could have deleted a couple of wallpapers or something, there's no need to delete DD for a game that fits on floppy drives.

>I find standing around and charging spells to be so dull

Then why are you playing MK?

You are supposed to jump on them when they try to take flight so they won't be able to. One still appears around Hillfigure Knoll in postgame, make sure it's "day".

What vocation you be?

As /ddg/ is breathing its last it seems, at least for now, I think it's time to go see Big Papa Savan in the Sky.

I'll post screenshots and then quietly take my leave. I'll try to continue lurking and maybe post screenshots adventures or doodles.

You better take care, /ddg/

Probably just the morning crew slacking/jacking off again

I'm sure I could easily blow one to bits at this point as all yellow vocations since I've got Goldforged Lv3 Bows all around but the issue's always been getting the fucking think to even show up.

What mods?

I didn't expect seeing Aestella here would hit me that hard.
Didn't even knew the game could take an NPC Beloved here.

Here is the illusive "Short-stack High Knee to the Face"

'tis done.

Damn, didn't get any good shots of the ending except this one.

It was a good ride though, and I enjoyed my time with y'all /ddg/.

I'll stay around for a little while before moving on to other game. I still need to play the Dragon Age series and find if Cassandra can be my knightfu. I also need to deliver on the doodle I wanted to do.

Also maybe a screenshot adventure, when I have time.

See you soon.

Almost forgot this one.

Warning Arisen, we are apparently in Grace.

You can thank the asshurt mods for that, they've been scaring people off left and right to slowly bleed the general to death.

wat

I am highly curious as to what you're talking about.

So...

I've finished Dragon's Dogma after playing a whole month of it.
I feel empty and aimless.

Kinda like this general.
Do you have a recommendation in good single player games ?

Post your end game pics?

>Do you have a recommendation in good single player games ?
Bastion
Half-Minute Hero
Hotline Miami
Orcs Must Die!
Cataclysm: DDA

I played and finished all of them except Cataclysm.
I'm looking for a suitable replacement for Dragon's Dogma. A game with fun combat and a healthy dose of customization.

I'm assuming you've played MonHun?

Sadly no, I've never played any Monster Hunter game. I don't have access to consoles and my PS Vita got stolen last March.
I've played Lost Planet 2 on PC though. It counts as a monster hunting game I think.

I bought LP2 for 360 and I was super disappointed. The missions were ridiculously short, and you couldn't actually customize your dude in single player.

Was the PC version better?

It's more or less the same.
Dumb fun all around, at least for me.
Any other Mon-Hun like on PC ? Apart from Dragon's Dogma and the various Souls ?

None that I can think of.

Not on PC, but if you own a gamecube or a wii then you could play LotZ: Windwaker for that sense of adventure.

No consoles sadly, I only own a PC.
I also finished that game and spent way too much time taking photos.

i forgot what wolves do

Muramasa?

Dragon's Crown and Muramasa were on my PSVitra. Platinumed both of them to hell and back.

And then I let my little Vita gets stolen like the big dumb oaf I am.

I miss having that console.

I prepared some money to buy a new vita console but I don't know if it's worth it.
I'm also hesitating between doing a Dragon Age marathon, a Witcher marathon or a Mass Effect marathon, or finding a new game all together.

Or try to make a Dragon's Dogma alt, even if I risk burning myself out of this wonderful game.

If you don't mind couching it instead of portability, there aren't a lot of good Vita games that aren't PSTV compatible, and that's like a quarter the price. Of course, the main financial concern with the Vita or PSTV is the memory cards, so if yours was in the Vita when it was taken...

If you liked Dragon's Crown and Muramasa, you should try the Odin Sphere remake if you ever get a system that can run it. The flow is still clunkier than either of those, but the combat has been upgraded to Muramasa levels of amazing.

And speaking of combat on console, I'm really looking forward to Nier Automata. Sure, Squenix is publishing, but it's being developed by Platinum with Yoko Taro at the helm.

I think they fall in love with sheep of the same gender?

Not him, but I've never heard of PSTV. Just googled it and it looks really neat.

>Nier Automata
Nier is one of my top five of all time, so I'm super nervous that Automata is going to be hot garbage.

Cut their tails off, so they can't fly anymore

Their kind fears holy magick.

They grow excited at the sight of men.

Yoko Taro in command, Platinum handling gameplay, and Akihiko Yoshida doing design? I'm excite.

>Platinum
Nier was not cuh-razy. Have Platinum ever worked on a game that wasn't cuh-razy?

Also
>Akihiko Yoshida
>not Kimihiko Fujisaka
>not whoever did Nier's designs
[concern intensifies]

Toukiden: Kiwami. It's basically Monster Hunter: Ancient Japan Edition.

It's actually playable on PC after one of the patches.

I'll look into it then, looks fun.

you could try some of the elder scrolls. oblivion and morrowind are actually pretty decent. maybe a bit rough on the start and stats

Akihiko Yoshida did Vagrant Story and FFT, which both feature designs that are stylistically relatively compatible to Nier's and far superior

I've tried Oblivion, Skyrim and I can't get past Morrowind's graphics.
I always find the same problem with the Elder Scrolls : the world doesn't interrest me very much and I hate the way combat works. Last time I enjoyed Skyrim I played a cannibalistic Dawnguard undead-hunter wood elf, but after a while and not being able to enter some tombs without doing quests chains I didn't care about I stopped playing.
Waifuing a cute orcish warriorfu as a crossbow-wielding wood elf was pretty fun tho.

>cute
>skyrim

Thank god for mods.

I only installed gameplay and armor mods in Skyrim, never touched on the faces and never delved into the "waifu-abyss" where everything is creepy and oddly proporioned.
And no mods in Earth could fix the inherent problems of Skyrim's combat system.

>and far superior
Nier's art had some incredibly questionable anatomy, but on a basic design level Kaine was smoking hot, and I don't know if Yoshida has something as striking as Emil in him. He's mostly known for drawing boring, normal humans and anthro people.

I guess it depends on how much influence Taro has on Yoshida.

Holy fucking shit! I killed that BBI Priest and his dragon and just before I killed him I used that Marty's amulet or whatever and I got like something like 10 levels with it from the boss.

Also, I didn't even know you get your shit dragonforged by killing that guy. Can you kill him again without starting all over again?

Yep, rest a few days in the tavern and god restores his superpope to fighting condition.

It's the cursed dragon with him that does the dragonforging, it's far weaker than a regular cursed dragon but gets the same crazy dragonforge chances.

The Bishop and his pet won't respawn until after you've beaten the boss of BBI at least once. After that they'll respawn every 7 days.

should be able to turn into mole people and live under the earth

How the fuck do I dragonforge my shit lads?

I know you need to kill a dragon but what's the quickest way? My shitty two handed sword is far too weak for Bitterblack.

I believe Emil was actually Taro's own design.

If you're having trouble with BBI, try switching to a cheesier class (magick archer with sixfold bolt recommended), and savescum the condemned gorecyclops in midnight helix till it drops a cursed level 2 weap. Or you can savescum drakes out around gransys till you get your weap dfed, then hopefully rarefy it. Helps to be three star enhanced before that, gives a higher chance of df.

Speedrun easy mode to farm grigori

Why is Arisen such an autistic twit? The first audience with the duke made me fucking cringe. Is he too socially awkward to even take the hat off after he was told not to by a fucking jester?

Annoys the absolute shit out of me that I've crushed monsters of the Bitterblack Isles, died once and came back to life and been a fucking god and this twirp acts like a socially awkward teenager.

After two playthroughs that scene still annoys the shit out of me.

Where the brown elves at?

I'm making a Gutsfag m8, I already have his weapon, just need to Dragonforge it.

Tbh it's not too hard right now, it's just that I feel like I do far too little damage. Warrior class is so fucking underpowered, holy shit

Wut? I played my first playthrough as a warrior and it was ez as fuck.

It is pretty easy, there are just so many inconveniences and coming from an Assassin build, it just feels like a downgrade in terms of practicality.

Peace minnow, it's a scene designed to relieve the tension and the formality of the knightmaking scene.
Remember that in the game, the meeting with the Duke would be the Arisen's first contact with high nobility. The Arisen was raised in a fishing village where everyone treats everyone like they are family. Arisen would be pretty nervous when going to meet the Duke.

Also lighten up, it's a fun scene.

Just dope yourself up full of Tagilus' Miracle and jump attack everything forever.

So is everything in bitterblack island just insanely tanky?
I keep wailing at everything for hours and they only take like 1 damage.

Bitterblack is made for people around level 50 to 70 with Dragonforged weapons and possibly weapons obtained from the Dragon.
It's the very last dungeon, so the mobs are pretty though.

yes, I have all that.
Just saying the enemy HP is extremely off kilter. I kill those poison wolves in 2 hits, but the guys in the Pilgrim's gauntlet just didn't take damage at all, and I had to cheese them for like 15 minutes.

The corrupted warriors pawn ?
They are pretty tanky, yeah, but that's their role.
They act like upgraded and angrier bandits, so the two-handed versions are naturally more tanky, but really weak against magic.

Savescum drakes. Unfortunately the mats for silver/goldforging are only available on BBI, but dragonforging will help a little.

it's just really annoying how long everything takes.
I had several times where a cursed dragon appeared, and no matter what I did, I could never damage it visibly at all, so at some point I just said fuck it.

So I just did the Griffin's Bane quest for the first time and didn't think of bringing Wakestone shards to revive the dead soldiers.

Now my goat waif- I mean Mercedes is all sad and shit. I'm a failure as an Arisen. I was in the heat of battle and it all happened so quickly.

Jokes aside, does this affect anything?
Should I feel bad for messing up?

It doesn't really have much effect, except it might keep her from giving you the rapier, iirc.

I thought she always gave you the rapier if you leave her to get bashed by Julien.

Is this equipment too lewd?

So I never completed my Dragons Dogma first run (some shit distracted me, primarily University) and i'm going back to it just now.

I last left off somewhere in Bitterblack so i'm probably going to complete this then restart on NG+ on Hard difficulty. How good is NG+ in this game? Is it worth it or is it a waste of time?

NG+ doesn't add any new content or anything, so it's your call whether or not it's worth it for anything other than the achievement.

I mean in terms of difficulty. I haven't played DD in months so most of the game will still feel fresh (especially because i'm trying a Warrior build now instead of Magick Archer).

NG+ is the exact same as NG, except character data, player inventory, and vendor inventories carry over. Also the ending battle with the seneschal has a surprise. There is no difference in difficulty whatsoever, as a result the game is far easier.

You can use it as an opportunity to do any sidequests you missed for The Hero, it triggers once you've completed every non-notice board quest in the game at least once on your savefile.

OPEN YOUR EYES !

I'll save this thread from the everfall by shilling since I haven't had a chance to play much lately.

You-Xia, Level 41 Sorc. Reviews of her behavior are welcome, I need a good excuse to spank her

>tfw

Isn't BBI meant to be hard?

And plus, i'm going from Normal difficulty (my current playthrough) to Hard.

>not having a thicc Veeky Forums waifu

What are you fags even doing with your lives?

BBI is basically meant for once you're done with the main game. It's expansion/dlc content, so NG+ is expected.

If you go from Normal to Hard, look out for everything doing way more damage, notably bats are no longer ignorable annoyances, but actually pose something resembling a threat.