Alfa Romeo, all about that passion

Alfa Romeo topic in general
Share your beauty with us.
Alfa Romeo styling
Alfa Romeo tuning
Alfa Romeo problems

No true petrol heads here on Veeky Forums ?
That is sad...

>in order to be a petrol head you must own an alfa

>muh peshen

i want a Giulia QV so bad

if only i wasn't in america so i cold get something like a used 159 or some in the meantime until i could afford a QV

Oh fuck, that is right!
Americans never had a chance of owning an Alfa... that is so sad...
THat is why this topic is so rare on Veeky Forums

Alfas are nice but they're not gonna take off here. Americans complain when they have to service their brembo brakes every 30k like it's some big unexpected hassle, or that they need to do tire rotations because of tire feathering on aggressive camber on a sport's car.

Americans just don't take care of their cars.

That is true.
They just want to get in the car and drive it with zero fucks given.
They will never feel the charm of Alfa Romeo, or any Italian sports car.

The other problem is that people in Europe drive maybe 10 kilometers to their destination, but here in North America you're driving an average of 20km to your destination if not more, so things get pretty worn out at a faster rate

>The other problem is that people in Europe drive maybe 10 kilometers to their destination

lol wut.

THE OTHER PROBLEM IS THAT PEOPLE IN EUROPE DRIVE MAYBE 10 KILOMETERS TO THEIR DESTINATION.

>Americans never had a chance of owning an Alfa
>That is why this topic is so rare on Veeky Forums

it's true desu

Even when Alfa-Romeo was present here, most of what they sold were Spiders. Other than that, we had the 164, 90, and some Alfettas.

valid point. plus there's tons of people who, depsite owning a car, commute by bycycle or public transport. Or use the bike in summer and the car in winter etc..

I'm sure there are statistics on this somehwere, but cba.
Also, although this is anecdotal, us based Veeky Forums posters seem to consider cars with a mileage of about 200k miles as 'high', why around here it only takes 100-120k miles for that.

let me take this opportunity to ask a question.

Id give my left nut for whatever Alfa sedan I could afford (like 3-10k range), but I'm fucking afraid of the engines. I keep hearing when they go bad, they go BAD, and I can find TONS of used Alfas with engine problems so it's gotta be true.

Apparently it's because they're interference engines, but so are all diesels, whats the big deal? What is it actually that makes the engines so.. whatever they are?

>Tfw just bought my first Alfa

It's a Fiat 500 in a mask, but it's still an Alfa to me

1.9 JTD and JTDm engines are brutal and very very reliable.
Twin Spark (petrol) engines are very good also and fun to drive as shit, but you need to take good care, put new oil every 7000km (selenia racing) new filters and you will be good to go.
But in reality they don't service their alfas as they should and than they go,
>MUH ALFA BROKE! ITS AN UNRELIABLE PEACE OF ITALIAN SHIT
While the truth is owners drive them up to 7000rpm, they dont give a fuck about regular maintenance
and bum, you have destroyed and Italian perfection.

saw one parked on the street for the first time in my life...

>Im now actually considering buying one, because its the coolest obtainable car Ive ever seen

talk me out of it Veeky Forums

>yfw in the '50s Alfa was so superior that in one the Alfa that was in front had such a big lead it stopped before the last lap to be waxed for the great finale

*in one race
dammit

Thinking of a ECU remap of my 2.0 JTDM once the warranty runs out next year. Still thinking if I should do an EGR/DPF delete because I don't want a coal roller. Also order an aluminium knob with a short shifter linkage as well.

Depending on how much money I'm able to save for the next few years and the amount of trouble the car might give me/life misfortunes, I might either get some 18" wheels, coilovers, or even straight pipes.

My gf will probably leave me at that point.

Deleting the egr and dpf won't do shit about coal rolling, tbqhwyf.
Especially the dpf. But you should deffo remove the dpf.
Coal rolling is all about how your remap is done and the amount of power you want, depending on how lean/rich it runs.
But of course, it will always give a puff of smoke if you hammer on it no matter how lean it runs.

Thanks senpai. Remap is probably the cheapest thing I can do to the car right now and I guess I'll talk to the techs and ask them about the EGR/DPF while I'm at it.

Yep. Go to a reputable remap house.
They should do a remap especially for you and not just download some generic file into your ECU.
The DPF is just pure cancer.