-tf2g- / team fortress

lsat >Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn (embed)
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz (embed) (embed)
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf tf2outpost.com backpack.tf bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf scrapbank.me
Betting: saloon.tf
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ (embed) pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB (embed)
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W (embed)

>SERVERS FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT COMP MODE
pastebin.com/BuG8yM2j (embed) (embed) (embed)

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

sfuminator.tf/
youtube.com/watch?v=8cxmB5-Kv4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for dead game LMAO

second for dead general

last for FUN game

forth for post charts

How much time do you spend talking to people in game?

I only say stuff like "spy behind you heavy", "Come on demo, let's go. I have an uber", or "Half their team is dead, guys. Let's push"

geeneral ees ded

does the Yamaha PSRE353 have weighted keys
also why only 61 keys

I don't talk to people I talk down at them

N E W Y O R K
E
W
Y
O
R
K

Post loadouts with plausible, theme-fitting, protective items/equipment that seems necessary in a combat enviroment without any sort of clashing gaudy colours.

why are spy mains ALWAYS faggots
literally no exceptions

pretend i dont have the capper equipped

i don't really play him much anymore, most of those hours is from when i started playing

I've been working on an understanding of class power from the perspective of class speed and health. Disregarding weapons and damage, I've decided that heavy has the most potential because he has the most hit points.

Ideally, shotgun heavy is the most powerful class. In theory, a shotgun heavy is the most effective and mobile class.

Consider the hitscan's ability to damage instantly coupled with a heavy's hit points; You've got a juggernaut of staying power on the battlefield.

What the fuck am i supposed to do with my old useless items like this? I mean, the support spurs made this even more stupid.

I don't want to deal with trader bullshit. Can i just dump them unto some trader-bot and get something decent in return, even if i don't have authenticator?

>it ain't me starts playing

No one wants to deal with your 15 day trade hold. Get a phone or let it rot.

>shotgun heavy is the most powerful class

sfuminator.tf/

hey my gasol isnt a faggot!!

can girls be faggots ?

nigga you dumb, Range x mobility + damage determines class usefulness in DM

Soldier: 2 x 2.5 + 2 = 7
Scout: 1.5 x 3 + 2 = 6.5
Demo: 2 x 1 + 3 = 5
Sniper: 3 x 1 + 2 = 5
Heavy: 0.5 x 0.5 + 3 = 3.25

There's a reason the 6s meta stacks soldiers and scouts and not shotgun heavies

new meta

am i the only one who thinks there should be a class limit of 3 per team, not because im mad about the enemy stacking 4 engis, but my team stacking 4 spies on defence

class limit of two, priority decided by rank

I've been in the position where I was left to choose another class because a server was running a class limit addon and the feeling sucks. I hate class caps. Let me play what I want.

What does any of that have to do with New York?

i thought demo was limited to one because of his huge damage output

class limit of 1 in order (so there can only be two of one class if all other classes have already been selected)

>remove cheese strats like stacking engies and scouts
>stop bad or new players making teams of only spies and snipers
seem like a thing that should be added, and 3 sounds about right for 12 player casul

damage output is situational and other classes can outrun him

you're forgetting sticky jumps, charging, grenade jumps

wew lad

demo's jumps lack the instancy of the other classes' and are far more situational due to their higher health cost and ability to be denied before the demo is even off the ground. Two jumps and you're knocking on death's door without a medic, whereas soldier can do 10 at best and scout double jumps for free.

scout

razorback banned this season boys

>implying anbody gives a fuck about fake comp

Oh okay that's cool, i was asking because I was thinking about getting into making community content but i don't know where to start.

Since you've actually had something accepted can you "spoon feed" me, as some people would say

The confetti effects would look so much cooler if they exploded above the head of the hat before falling down sorta like those party popper thingies

i wish confetti was team colored

please stop matching me with shit teams
comp or casual I always have to try and fucking carry, it's soul crushing

the last update was fuckinj shit, I don't even care about comp but what is the reason to fucked up the casual mode

Reminder that comp tf2 won't take off because thr tf team is incompetent and they won't bother trying to keep improving it becasue that would take too much effort so they'll just leave it in its current state and continue to publish lackluster updates with mediocre content and hats that rape the artstyle because tf2 is a crippled deranged victim of nazi experiments used to better games that valve actually does care about

tf2 is and has always been casual
mm was a mistake

Do you view quake as a competitive game?

you think the iron bomber is getting nerfed?

yes

t. shitter

No.

n*rf this!

Then why can't tf2 be a comp game?

thats clearly the dev team's fault, otherwise there wouldnt be all these comp teams and leagues, shitter

lol

A game can be casual and competitive at the same time. In fact, the best games were always those that had possibilities to fuck around, but also play serious, if you want to.

I've switched to C for crouch
it seems breddy gud: doesn't strain my pinky, can still rj fine but is there some hidden downside

I wish valve would show as much love for tf2 as csgo and dota

The last video on the official valve channel related to tf2 was 5 years ago for the replay update. Now it's just super srs mlg comp gaymers stories and profiles and vr shit, it's like they created the tf yt channel to quarantine it from the stuff they actually take seriously

I doubt even 5% of people who bought the game back in 2007-8 are even playing it anymore. I'm worried tf2 might actually die

is this satire or are you just a huge asshole ?

Explain

that you cant say thanks after killing someone?

t. publord

what

Strafing with c is crampy.

iron bomber is actually better than stock for midair spam pipe damage, as you dont have to arc your shots quite as high

also the no-rolling makes it great for spamming control points

probably means that it's better than stock now, only marginally though, i'd say it's getting nerfed

valve plz

the support spurs are stupidly oversized

i got a pair and went back to the heel biters after a week

When this game dies, I'll still be there as long as these things are still extremely satisfying:

>Meatshots
>Sandman + Cleaver
>Rocket Launchers
>Market Gardens
>Flarepunching
>Airblast + melee
>Stickybomb Detonations
>Direct pill shots
>Demoknight
>Running around with 4 heads
>Gunning down people as Heavy
>People walking into your sentry
>Sneaky sentry spots
>Pocketing someone really good
>Carrying your team as Medic
>Headshots
>Backstabs
>Killing power classes with your revolver

I'd have quit if these things weren't so satisfying. It's one of my main gripes with Overwatch; killing someone doesn't feel like killing someone. There's no kick, no one blows into pieces and there's no big-ass damage numbers. You click on someone or press q, and some text just says: dude eliminated.

You forgot
>watching someone gib into a red mist with the Classic
>three hit punching a Heavy with the gunslinger
>killing a Medic and his pocket simultaneously with a crit from the Third Degree

>someone is actually playing medic

yeah nice photoshop

>Most kills
>Topscoring
>I'm the demo
>Medic has kritz
>He ubers a fucking pyro

You're already top scoring, so he prolly just wanted to bump someone else's points up

That's retarded. Who thinks like that?

reminder that tf2 has no objectives other than topscoring and getting the best k/d

reminder that tf2 has no objectives other than getting good

Humping the cart on Payload maps shouldn't give such a ridiculous amount of points, now medics will finally get off cart heavies and onto the classes actually doing all the fragging.

reminder that tf2 has no objectives other than looking prettier than everyone else on the server

reddit

I do. When all the Homies are in full effect, I obviously have Blaris as a primary pocket, but when I feel he has too many points, I wanna share some Kritz with Xilit or Red so we can always be at the top of the leaderboard

Fucking preach

i had a tf2 dream

it was on ctf_doublecross

Doublecross is fun.

i have tf2 dreams way too often
i might have issues

I keep having this dream where I'm a really good game developer and get accepted into valve. I choose to be on the tf2 team and the 5 people that were there fuck off because they're no longer forced to be on the tf team. I then update the game monthly, fix most of the bugs with the game, make all weapons balanced, and add loads of new content that everyone loves. Not like I'll ever make any kind of difference in the world but it's nice to pretend

i had a dream where i could suck my own dick the other day

>really good game developer
>at valve
They only hire people who can't use the keyboard in the off chance they talk to the community and gambling analysts

talk to me

hi!

ctf not fun at all

>ctf_doublecross
>go engie, try to build on enemy team's roof
>spies spam sappers and revolvers me to death whilst deadringer spamming
>abandoned that and tried playing soldier but got bodyshotted to death by who knows how many snipers
>go sniper but there's already 5 and no decent players behind me so the fuckers get ez headshots while I'm getting ganked
>engie builds a nest in the sewers so I can't leave that way either, go demo but the medic quickfixes a soldier instead
>try every class, get killed by every class, fail universally
>EVENTUALLY lose, dominated by scrubs because they have the numbers, random crits, pockets and the cheesiest strats
comp has spoiled me with standards of human decency that are simply not present in casual

git gud

I was going to make a joke about how my phone should say "I am fully charged" after I charged it to 100% but somone always gets there first
youtube.com/watch?v=8cxmB5-Kv4M

It's a bad joke anyway

Absolutely patrish

just like you
(to both)

when does this get added?

Absolutely and Patrician? Thank you very much

youre boring

Of course you wouldn't understand normal tastes