Thinking about a smart car

Anything bad about owning a smart?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.liveleak.com/view?i=056_1437664842
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Being involved in an accident in a smart car

Having a smart car is like being a nerd. Sure, you're smart and you're doing great in school, but you dress goofy, most people don't like you, and girls never notice you. Besides, getting blown side to side from a truck passing by really sucks.

Why are you considering a smart car in the first place?

Fuel and parking.

Out of all of the cars, the Smart is the gayest looking one.

Get a mini cooper instead

Maintenance costs.

Friend of mine has one with 150K miles.. needs a clutch job. $4K.

Nope. See, you have to pay MB shop rates for a cheap ass car.

Or a VW Beetle. Cheaper yet, plenty of manual examples. Get the one with the 5 cylinder. Waaaay too much motor for that car. Takes junk fuel, bomb proof.

Well, the 2017 model smart car has finally corrected the horrible transmission. You no longer smash your head off the steering wheel every time it shifts gear.

So its got that, which is nice.

Smart cars need premium

Lel do they really? Don't they also get an MPG on par with a civic or something too?

My friend with the smart car also has a del sol with 360,000 miles. The del sol gets better mpg and doesn't need premium.

The smart car was his wifes idea... and is going away soon.

They actually get pretty bad mileage for their size

Just get a Civic or something

The old ones have shitty transmission and none of them get good mpg for their size. Buy a civic for 5k tops

m.liveleak.com/view?i=056_1437664842

It has all the dangers of a sports bike and you'll pull none of the tail.

There might be better/cheaper alternatives.
Twingo
Seicento
Cinquecento
Punto (1.3 Diesel is especially good according to Veeky Forums)
Civic
Yaris
Clio
Depends on how much you wanna spend.

The only advantage is parking. Fuel econ is awful for it's size

>The smart car was his wifes idea... and is going away soon.
The car, the wife, or both?

Do you live in europe or USA?

Buy a yaris hatchback.
It's a WAY better car.

Get a motorcycle.

so much this. and if you live somewhere where i motorcycle isn't a viable option year round than a smart car won't be any better. they're terrible in snow

yeee i have a 2007.. great car

If you're buying, do the 84HP Turbo.
Remap to 115-120HP
Install aftermarket exhaust

It's a remarkably exciting car @120HP

>DAMN that SMARTS

Parking is the only legitimate reason for one of these. That's why you only see them in the city.

If you need something you can parallel park in half a space, and aren't driving far/often enough to really care about paying for 91 octane or the mediocre highway MPG, it's the only option.

Otherwise, you're better off with a Mazda 2 or a Scion iA or something.

the engines dont last very long despite being made by mercedes benz... the highest kilometer one (300,000+) has been through 3 engines and transmissions

Throw in a Hayabusa motor.

High mileage reliability doesn't matter on these, because most people who buy them only use them for short-hop intra-city trips, not long daily commutes. Most in the us accumulate less than 10,000 miles per year.

there are a lot of options in this segment, op. as many others have said, smartcars are not the most reliable or fuel-efficient option.

i'm surprised no one else has mentioned the scion iQ. if you're really in love with the body style, that's definitely an option. like the smartcar, though, fuel efficiency is utter shit for how much practicality you're sacrificing to get inside one.

the toyota yaris is a wee bit longer, but it's been using the same bulletproof powertrain for many many years, and is probably your best bet for a tiny, uninvolving city car. otherwise, the fit and iA are best hatchback and sedan (respectively) you can buy that are still really small and efficient.

>still no new Mazda2
What the fuck Mazda? And no the shitty Yaris/Scion iA Sedans are not good enough.

motherfucker, that IS the mazda2. it's all we're getting in the us market. udsm hatch is kil. deal with it.

Swag

I don't give a fuck about the sedans and they look infinitely worse than the Mazda2.

okay? it's still a mazda2.

Funny enough, the Mazda2 is sold in Puerto Rico. Which means the Mazda2 meets US crash and emissions standards. So you can get an actual Mazda2, you just have to get it shipped from Puerto Rico.

>the crumpy zone is you

Have fun paying Mercedes premium taxes for one of the gayest car in existence

well what the FUCK mazda

fucking crossovers ruining everything

Did she forget the seatbelt while doing her nails?

This OP. A friend of mine used to have one and she got t boned by a 98 Corolla going 40 mph. She broke both her legs, her hip and 4 ribs. Was in the hospital for a month and luckily can walk (sort of) but needs a cane and is in constant pain. She's 24, and walks like a fucking 90 year old woman.

Again: 40mph. Toyota Corolla. You couldn't pay me enough money to ride in one

Get a 500 Abarth instead OP