Yo Veeky Forums!

Yo Veeky Forums!

Im in the uk, i have 20-40k to spend on a car, its for weekend use.

Ive been on autotrader making a shortlist all day so far, trying to widdle it down to arrange some test drives.

The main ones at the minute are

Nissan 370Z Nismo (30k)
Subaru Impreza WRX STi (30k)
BMW M3 Coupe (30k)

Then lots of other cheaper cars i have noted down here, mx-5, gt86/brz

You can see the sort of thing im looking at i hope, i love the look of the nismo, so im using that pic, but anyone have experience/thoughts/cars im missing

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.radicalsportscars.com/approvedused/details.aspx?id=1179
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You could probably get a Cayman for that money.

Go for the 370Z, it's the best one there.

e46 m3/330
e39 m5/540/530
cayman

your choices are shit.

What kinda weekend use? That can have a pretty big impact, especially considering how M3s and Imps still have some features with a DD in mind.

>Weekend use
>UK

Caterham, Exige or Atom you fucking idiot.

Allright these are completely different to what ive been looking at, the caterhams and atoms look wild

What do you mean with weekend use?

Cabrio or Track?
Manual or DCT?
Nautral or Turbo?

Be more precise.

>30k GBP for a 370z
>30k GBP for an STI

Top kek m8

For that kind of money you could easily get a half decent porsche.

Or a far better car than a 370z, hell you could easily get a R-34 GTR, 33 or 32 GTR too and have a car that'll make burgers cry. Or a decent Lan Evo easily, Evo 7 Tomi Maks with like 30-40k miles go for 11-14k.

I Dont buy cars of age, so yes im aware of all the amazing older cars you can get, but i like new/almost new, i dont have to worry about a wannabe rally driver raking the fuck out of a car for 40k miles... My preference.

As an update though ive spent the last hour or two watching some videos of caterhams and i think im in love so thanks

uk.radicalsportscars.com/approvedused/details.aspx?id=1179

Bmw S1000R

Not everyone wants an old shit box some people just want a new car.

Out of these 3 i'd go with the 370z nismo

>Brits trying to get fast cars

I'll never understand this. You fucking retards are only allowed to go 70mph on motorways. Buying anything bigger than 150bhp is beyond retarded and a waste of money.

>muh 0 to 60

Get a fucking GTI then.

Seriously, leave the big boy cars to countries where you can actually drive them at top speed without spending 6 months in jail for it.

t. Kraut laughing at you

Bet you cant wait for the whole world to just use electric auto drive cars cant you.

I didn't speak of 0-60 times or top speeds once.

I said i'd vote for the 370z nismo but I take that back ive never driven any of those cars or even sat in one so i'd probably go test drive them all and then decide.

>I didn't speak of 0-60 times or top speeds once.

THEN WHY DO YOU WANT A SPORTS CAR YOU COLOSSAL FUCKING IDIOT?

>buying cars as status symbol

I know British girls are either skanks or impossible to get, but come on now.

The nismo 370 is pretty fast, by far the most reliable out of the 3, m3 is super sketchy engine. Unless you have a warranty on the m3 I really wouldn't. As for the sti it'll respond best to mods, it understeers quite a bit compared to rwd, but if you get a decent suspension setup you can almost eliminate it.

Mate, leave the shitposting to the Aussies, and the bongland bashing to the Murrifats.

Not OP but you're a retard, 0-60 means fuck all drag racing faggot

I'll do whatever I damn well please you cockroach nigger.

>m3 is super sketchy engine

The only true thing in this thread so far. Take it from a Germ, stay the fuck away from M series. They cause nothing but problems after only a few years.

>drag racing
>literally buying a sports car for drag racing

What a massive retard are you? Who even does this in the UK beside utter chavs? This doesn't have a culture in Europe and you fucking know it.

You drive a piece of shit, with that attitude you must....

I drive a gran coupe wit 170bhp that cost more than your education. Tell you what though if I lived in the UK I'd be driving a fucking Twingo.

Oh your a german.... that explains everything, what with loosing the war and everything....

top kek is that the best you can muster?

I'm disappointed.

I Have an Automatic Mondeo hybrid.... i have my family car, i want something more, your just looking for somewhere to swing your tiny nazi penis

>i want something more

Something more = a sports car that you can't legally take to top speed on public roads for as long as you live?

Smart investment.

Get a '14 320i, it won't make you look like an idiot or cost half a fortune at least.

40k Isn't a Fortune, i have no want to drive over the speed limit either, ive got 2 kids, and ive been on your unrestricted roads, just loads of pricks in bmws and audis getting angry at people who are stopping them going at lightspeed....

>just loads of pricks in bmws and audis getting angry at people who are stopping them going at lightspeed....

Well that is why you would buy such a car, is it not?

As I said before what do you want a fast car for if you're not going to drive fast?

You know you can get plenty of good looking cars that don't have shit mileage right?

Ive had a clean licence my entire driving life, no its not why i get such a car.

Why not throw some cars out there then, nothing over a few years old though.

If you lived in the UK you wouldn't be driving a Twingo, or at least not a first gen, as they were never sold there.

320i, 228i, if you can afford it: 428i.
C220 coupe

aka "i'm a stupid faggot that thinks newer = better" If you have all this money you can pay to have shit fixed.

The nismo 370 is a cunt hair slower than a z06 Corvette, it won't launch as fast as the sti but it'll out pace it by quite a bit past 30mph.

If you want a fun flashy car buy a Corvette man, or whatever the equivalent is there

No i just like new stuff, does that offend you? did i trigger you?

Shoo shoo, go give your sister to the refugees while not being able to modify your car, Hans.

The new 3 and 4 series cars are numb as fuck. Even the 340/435 is numb, which is pretty sad. The 235i is decent though.

Stick to your old shitboxes user. I'll enjoy my new sports car with factory warranty that won't break every 2 months.

>370z
slow, can't turn
>sti
overextended product-of-displacement tax rice paper engine
>m3
drivetrain made of tinfoil, monhtly maintenance cost will exceed purchase price, weekly
>c6z
good choice, oh wait u cant get them for that price lololol

>He thinks factory warranties are a good thing

Let me guess, you don't even own a car

Factory warranties are trash, they literally have all the reason to fix your car to the minimum amount required for the lowest price they can get. There's stories on leddit every other day of retards buying new STI's and spinning rods/blowing rings and being in and out of shops 4-5 times trying to get it fixed before giving up

>I don't buy cars of age
>Instead Im going to buy a new sti and blow the rings in 20k miles
>I'm not going to get a bulletproof RB engine

A full rebuild for a Blob/Bug/Classic sti is about 4-6k depending on who you go to and a decent example will set you back 7-8k.

Similar prices on an evo rebuild

40k miles is nothing to a car anyway, it's basically new. If it has been ragged enough to die at that mileage it should be instantly noticible on first start up or visual inspection

I should also add that the new tax rules mean you will be paying double for the first year, and paying out of your ass for any new car especially if its rego'd next year whilst an R-32 will be paying something like £240 for 12 months tax the first year tax on an 370Z nismo will be like £1500 quid, and 880 odd quid a year on from them.

You could literally rejuvinate the entire car for the difference in costs of 3 years tax and purchase price.

A lot of twisties are 60 mph and there is never any police or speed cameras on them

>370 nismo slow
>same lap times at a c6 z06
oh okay

lol

OP, just get a M3 or a Cayman.

lol wut

I bought a 16 sti last month. It's been great.

Buy an M2, GT86 HKS, Cayman or a used C7 Corvette. If I were you I'd spare up another 20K if you don't want to buy used and just get the C7

>used C7
>britbongistan

As a 370z owner, the non-Nismo with the sports package is a good deal overall, the Nismo is a ripoff and will be a TERRIBLE DD.

Elise, or just any lotus in general is what you're looking for. Will take corners like a champ and that's what you're really after when driving on tight UK roads. And of course it's going to turn heads as it's a true enthusiast machine.