Why do you guys hate modern v6 pony cars?

The modern V6 Mustangs and Camaros have over 300 horsepower. Why do you guys hate them? I am sure everyone would rather have the V8 versions, but not everyone shits gold bricks or wants to finance it for 100 years.

tl;dr, why is 300 HP too little for Veeky Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cd8s59S9hBc
youtube.com/watch?v=MKafU3z_eE0
carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/19230102
youtube.com/watch?v=VcuXLuUI8wg
youtube.com/watch?v=D87tO7VUs2I
carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/18032814
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>v6
lmao kill yourself

Because the whole point of the cars is the v8. You could buy a 370Z if you wanted a v6.

>buy the shitty budget version of a car for attention
>LOL NOT EVERY1 IS RICH GOD

Buy a different fucking car, it's the same story every time. The only reason you'd ever buy a V6 muscle car is so you can brag about it to equally automotive retarded normies

>The only reason you'd ever buy a V6 muscle car is so you can brag about it to equally automotive retarded normies
That's why YOU would. Other people do it for other reasons.

If you can't afford the V8, you likely won't be able to afford the V6 either... There's nothing worse than somebody being "car poor" where they have a nice car but can't afford the gas or insurance.

Yes 300hp is too little, that's fucking minivan tier.

For the price of any given V6 ponycar, you can get a slightly older secondhand V8 one - with the V8 producing more power, better sound, and generally having more options.

>people retarded enough to buy v6 muscle/pony cars buying them for any other reason

I don't understand your mentality, Veeky Forums

It's like $3000-$4000 USD more for the 370Z

I'd get one for cost, fuel economy and because I'm realistic that more than 300 HP is unnecessary.Stop being a benchracing faggot, OP.

The V6 isn't muscle car muscle head.

Bring this back.

Base model trim would probably be a N/A V6

Top Trim (GNX) would be a Turbo V6

It would have around as much Horsepower as the V8 SS trim Camaro or more (basically it would be one fucking powerful V6 Turbo muscle) just like the last GNX.

>Yes 300hp is too little, that's fucking minivan tier.

Veeky Forums sometimes the shit you say makes me really wonder if any of you actually own a car.

i don't

they make perfect sense for a massive v8 swap

youtube.com/watch?v=cd8s59S9hBc
youtube.com/watch?v=MKafU3z_eE0

I didn't put quotes around it, sue me.

An older V8 would cost so much less that fuel economy is moot.

A V8 ponycar isn't a muscle car either.

Base model should be a n/a V6.
Ricer spec, offer a turbo inline four.
SS, R/T or GT trim should be an n/a V8
Offer maybe a Scat-Pack style trim with a bigger n/a V8

Top trim, offer a twinturbo V8.

The V8s aren't that much more expensive, and generally the difference in maintenance, insurance, and fuel mileage is negligible
But in return you get so much more power, and they hold their value better as well

Base spec ponycars are always best for big block swaps - or crazy stuff like fullsize truck diesels.

A previous generation V8 still costs more than the current generation V6

Do you actually look at cars Veeky Forums or do you just shitpost all day?

Or maybe it is just my geographical location where there aren't many cars

THE RS IS AN APPEARANCE PACKAGE. IT'S NOT THE V6 VERSION. THE V6 VERSIONS ARE LT AND LS. FUCK. EVERYONE GETS THIS WRONG.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's your location.

>previous generation V8 still costs more than the current generation V6
Do you live in England?

v6, i4, pnycrs have always been hairdresser tier.
The fact that v6 are increasing in power is kinda irrelevant considering the v8 are as well.

You can get (or at least could) get like a 1LT V6 trim with the RS package and badge, so, uh.... yeah

middle of farmland USA

Basically my view on it is if you can't afford a V8 muscle car, then look for something that has a turbo 4. I just can't stand the gutless whine of an n/a 4 or 6 cylinder. To me a car needs to sound mean, whether it's growling like a lion or screaming like a banshee.

but wouldn't the V8 models have different suspension and other driveline/chassis upgrades that would be better suited for crazy swaps?

You could have gotten an SS with the RS package too.

>To me a car needs to sound mean, whether it's growling like a lion or screaming like a banshee.

What about those of us who aren't insecure manlets?

>not liking an NA i6

>I just can't stand the gutless whine of an n/a 4 or 6 cylinder
>He doesn't know about the S2000's screaming engine or Porsche's flat 6s

This is pretty much what Cadillac is doing with the ATS.

Base model is turbo I4. Next model up is N/A V6. Next model up is TT V6 (ATS-V).

When you're backhalving a car, adding a solid rear end with a four link, going to front struts, and massively reducing weight - nobody cares.

>if you can't get what I like, then get something else I like

Speak for yourself, faggot. We're not here to serve you.

>Guy I went to high school with had his dad buy him a V6 mustang
>He spent his retail money on parts to make it look like a cobra
>Has a fucking "3.7 Cyclone" badge on the rear deck lid
>Cobra grill, spoiler, wheels, etc
>Just bought fucking Cobra badges for it
>mfw constantly make fun of him for it
>He says he'll race me for pink slips at the next meet
>mfw I ride a CBR600rr
>mfw riced out Mustang will soon be in my possession

Why are Mustang driver's so easy to bait?

I don't hate them, but I would love to have an EV version of the new Camaro. That would be great.

no

you need a new k-member, new front suspension, new trans in most of the cases which means you need new driveshaft and you might aswell get a new rear end to handle the power

>why are stupid people so easy to bait
Ftfy
There's people like that in every car group
I know damn well I couldn't beat a sport bike. But then again I don't pretend to have something I don't.

>not liking loud cars just for the fact that they're loud
I love being outdoors and hearing someone in a muscle car doing a screeching burnout followed by a low roar off in the distance, or cars that sound like sport bikes ripping through gears at ridiculous rpm's. Doesn't have to be my own car making the noise desu.

I own an na I6, doesn't hold a candle in the feels department to my 5.0 coyote.

v6 muscle cars actually compete well with other new cars at their price point.
Any time someone brings up the genesis coupe, the response is "buy a 370 or a v6 stang"

Other than the 'shoulda bought a v8' mentality, there isnt really a GOOD reason not to consider one at that price point

I fucking love loud cars. I havent lived in many places near traffic but getting woken up by a straight piped anything is ok with me.
When I go to car shows and meets I just chill in a high traffic area and just listen to the cars cruise by.

He literally just explained his mentality in

That's exactly it, v8s suspension are set up to handle v8s , the v6 ponies drive like shit because they are shit, Ford wasn't going to encroach on v8 territory even though they could

you are a dumb faggot

most of the older pony cars parts from the late 90's and early 00's wont be able to handle the power of a modern v8 swap

LT1 camaros and SOHC 4.6 mustangs barely made over 3002hp

300whp

I'm fucking talking and newer cars we all are

Because they are so worried about their "manhood".

And the biggest question is why anyone would ever ever ever idolize obsolete pushrod V8 when there are so much better engines on the market today.

@15062797

This is not bait, this is fact.
A car built in a fucking shed in the UK with less than half of the engine capacity will destroy any stock muscle car in any kind of race.

Funny thing is, V6 coupes aren't so common anymore, and I'm pretty sure Mustang and Camaro are the cheapest V6 vehicles in Ford and Chevy's respective lineups.

So, I don't think it's such a bad thing to drive a V6 Mustang/Camaro, if that's the sort of car you want. Just don't act like you're hot shit because it's a mustang/camaro.

>any kind of race.
Half mile drags.

@15062845
You literally just completely moved the goalposts. I could alo build an FFR cobra replica with a 427 and destroy any mustang or camaro or whatever around a track, what's your point?

Now you've just invited him to post
"Drag racing goes on /lgbt" or some shit.

Learn to Veeky Forums you idiot.

I'm not giving him (you)s.

They do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds and 0-120mph in about 10. I don't think there's any problem.

This shit is faster than a hellcat. Has half the cylinders and less than half the power. And it's "wrong wheel drive"

10 second 120mph?
That's just not competitive in most pony car drag racing.

everyone on Veeky Forums will shit on you unless you drive something made in asia.

dont take what people say here seriously.

And it's heavily modded out the ass specifically for that track.

Every argument in this thread in favor of V6 "muscle" cars is basically STOP HATIN OMG FUKIN HATERZ UR ALL DUMB

A stock Caterham 620R does the 1/4mile in under 12 seconds.

Why would you respond to a CTR poster?

At this point I'd shell out the extra for the V8 primarily not to be lumped with the other V6 muscle owners. Never met someone with a V6 stang or Camaro that didn't go full douche with it.

>le heavily modified meme

spotted the asshurt "mussle cur" fangirl

Ok, so no V6 Camaro then

would you a police car, Veeky Forums?

carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/19230102

You don't buy a muscle car with a V6 for the same reason you don't buy a gaming PC just for Microsoft Office.

Americans don't make very good V6's, whereas they make pretty good V8's. Why buy an American V6 that can't compare to a German V6, when you can buy a V8 and at least have power where you're lacking handling and ride quality.

I don't want you to think I'm bashing American cars in general, I love muscle cars, but you have to be blind and stupid to not believe that the only good things about the American auto industry are the V8's and the Europeanized areas, like the Focus.

Most appropriate response so far.

>tfw v6 camaro still beats the 1995 honda civic with anime stickers that Veeky Forums drives

that explains all the replies

RIGHT?

>V6 is a slow piece of shit Veeky Forumss says

Never listen to Veeky Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=VcuXLuUI8wg

>Camaro: 1:10.67
>Civic Type R: 1:09.48

Civic wins.

Veeky Forums is not driving Honda " type-uuu Arrr" ..

pic related is what Veeky Forums drives.

VTEC YO

kek, the cucks that own a piece of shit v6 pony car got triggered again

how does it feel to be so poor you couldn't even afford a v8?

>lacking handling and ride quality.

So.. i guess you didn't see.
youtube.com/watch?v=D87tO7VUs2I

Even stangs from 2011 with live-axle suspension were on par with M3s.

>not trying to bring up the Camaro vs BMW shitposting

The Camaro can also be had with Magneride suspension which on the Chevy SS (or VF commodore) was said to "Ride like a M5 but better" (that's what Fatt Farah said anyway)

>slower
>on par

kek

You're still comparing apples to oranges. If you want a fair comparison, try the Camaro vs the 370z. Even with a V8, the Nissan still beats the Camaro. A V6 Camaro wouldn't stand a chance.

And still the M2 is a disappointment for the money.

delicious ameriburger tears :v)

I don't own a V6 pony car, I just made the thread because Veeky Forums is full of butt-mad shitbox drivers who defend things like the Miata and the Twingo

A modern V6 2+2 would shit all over most of the things Veeky Forums drives and they are salty as fuck over it

I'm from Sweden.

Coming from someone who owns a honda civic?

Why would you respond to a fastestlaps post?

>cucks actually defending cuck-tier v6 models

top kek

YES
E
S

carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/18032814

OK then Veeky Forums how about this?

I am gravely concerned about traveling 60/mi a day in this thing when it snows every winter.

Other than that, it looks neat

>You still own a honda civic and you are 28
Top cuck!

V6 camaro / mustang still attract chicks a lot better than a civic

just saying

the styling of the car has an impact on the car as well, just just what's powering it

Just get snow tires.

Or, do they not plow the road where you live?

KEK, I own a chevy 350 v8

go ahead, keep defenfing your cuck-tier v6

let me guess, your parents gave it to you for prom, and told you you were not getting a v8 because they don't want you racing

top fucking cuckhold!

the cuckhold is LITERALLY defending v6 models KEK

what a sissy cuck

I can't tell if you are for real or trolling.

guess what, a v8 will attract the same amount except you will not be the cuck with the v6 model

stay mad at your cuck-tier v6, cuck

>He put a V8 in his civic

MY SIDES ARE IN ORBIT

>Buy a v6 pony car cause slightly cheaper and better gas mileage
>Enjoying the car a lot without a care in the world
>Go on Veeky Forums
>Now regret buying a v8

FUCK YOU Veeky Forums

what kind of fucking retarded post is this?

Because you're a giant faggot

you will be a cuck for being too poor to buy the girl dinner because the car payment on the V8

>He cant defend owning a honda civic at 28

LMFAO

>tries to make fun of someone by calling them poor
>has to buy the cuck-tier v6 car to be able to afford dinner
are v6 cuckholds REALLY this fucking stupid?,I mean, are you actually this fucking stupid
>j/k of course you are, you are defending v6 models

also

>payment
try not to be a fucking debtcuck next time

>mfw he actually has car payments on a v6 cuck model
top kek, what a cuckhold

>gets BTFO
>starts doing retarded fucking shitposts

not that I was expecting anything from a v6 cuckhold

>Your poor, you cant afford a V8
>Drives a 20 year old civic