Clarkson

Honda S2000 best car ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Boxster_Tech/11-ENGINE-911_Engine_Swap/11-ENGINE-911_Engine_Swap.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Weakest troll ever. Try harder.

I'm not trolling.

Hey, those cars are fun as fuck to drive.

I did a donut drift in one and drifted out of it and sped off. Never before have I felt so alive.

S2000

That's a real cute 4 banger.
Shame it couldn't break 200 at the wheels.
Step aside and let the real men shitpost, Faggot.

Neither could that

Looks just like the 2005 I used to own, minus the faggy tow hook, the red badge, and the stick-on front lip.

>Z4

At least post a Boxster/Cayman for fuck's sake

>tow hook

lmao

>>Z4
>At least post a Boxster/Cayman for fuck's sake
Cum on, step it up.

>starts at $72k
That's Cayman GTS money, and I guarantee the AMG is a pig compared to the GTS

-2/10, piss poor attempt. Lurk moar, newfag.

The Cayman is ugly and will always leave that bad taste of not being a 911 in your mouth. If by pig you mean the extra 180 kg
Cayman GTS
>235 HP/ton
SLK 55 AMG
>259 HP/ton

>burnout machine

And the higher end Caymans are now faster than 911s
>caring this much about image and not the fact that you're driving one of the best mid-engine sports cars ever made

>Caymans are now faster than 911s
>caring this much about image
I don't frequent Veeky Forums all that much, thanks for reminding me why.

Because you have no clue about cars?

Even back in the day it was piss easy to swap a 911 engine from the same generation into a Boxster and make a faster car, it's literally bolts right in

I still don't know what point you're trying to make. A smaller and lighter car with the same engine is quicker? No shit Sherlock.

As an automotive engineer even popular engine swaps already make me chuckle. But swapping a 911 engine into a boxster? Have you ever even sat in a Porsche?

Yes

>claims he's an automotive engineer
>has no idea about Porsche engines

>implying implications
In which PS4 game did you swap Porsche engines?

pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Boxster_Tech/11-ENGINE-911_Engine_Swap/11-ENGINE-911_Engine_Swap.htm
These guys make the job seem harder and more expensive than it actually is

And RUF made a car called the 3400S which was essentially a 986 Boxster with a 3.4l engine from the 996 911

TL;DR you're an idiot

boy this thread went to hell

Wait, are we talking about it being possible or it making practical sense? There's also that dude who put an LS2 into a GT86.

But back to the point, shall we?
>Caymans are now faster than 911s
This is true because you can swap larger 911 engines into them? Are you sure you know which one of us is the idiot?

Porsche uses the Carrera S engine in the Cayman GT4, so it's both possible and makes practical sense

>not posting an M Roadster
bro...

M8, I'm going to bed now. If I want a Cayman or Boxster with a 911 engine I get a GT4 or 981 Spyder. I'd still rather have a 911 with a 911 engine.

So you'd rather have a heavier and slower car with the engine in the wrong place?

>55 kg heavier
>.1 s slower from 0 to 100
>9 km/h lower top speed
>2 s slower on the Nordschleife
Yes, I think I'd take the Porsche with the engine in the wrong place.

Everyone in this thread has been wrong.

How long ago did he say that? Because he currently says it's the Toybaru.

This. I'd lake to see a Miata carry the same pace through a high speed sweeper as a 944 or even a 928 is capable of.

My buddy just bought a 1989 944 2.7L, we're going to put it through its paces pretty soon. Seems to have formidable handling so far.

Z3 > Z4

Seating position, weight, aesthetics

I grew up in the back seat of a 1988 944S, bloody wonderful cars. I still hate my dad for selling it to buy a fucking vauxhall frontierer

Is this the roadster shitposting thread?

>roadster
that thing is too heavy to be a roadster

OH YEAH 3000 POUNDS, SO HEAVEY
AMIRIGHT GUISE

>3071 lbs
two door two seater convertibles should weigh no more than 2800 lbs

Nice Opel. Is it reliable though? I like the looks and as a german I also like Opel. They aren't too expensive, but GM doesn't have the best reputation.

>worse in every single way
>still more expensive
911 cucks truly are some of the greatest posers

Everything I've seen says it's a total POS, which is a shame because they handle well and are fucking gorgeous IMO.

Hammond? May. Bad luck.

Obviously you have no clue what you are talking about. The Ecotec engines are extremely reliable.

A car is more than an engine.
How has your car been, though?
It looks real nice, by the way.

Summer sure is early.

>shame it couldn't break 200 at the wheels
>s2k has 237HP stock
What.

>All these implied cool carts.
>None even could approach 250ps without forced induction.
>They all break apart if you step on it

Theres a reason why the s2000 is legendary

The white one isn't mine, but my car has been really reliable. Other than replace a sensors that went bad its been good. The turbo bearing did fail right after I got it at 40k miles, but I seem to be and outlier on that situation, as I haven't seen any other reports of a similar problem in the 2+ years I have frequented the car specific forum.

Someone posted their AP2 dyno the other day and it was 198 at the wheels

i agree with this but really wish there was more built so they were cheaper and easy to attain i would say the miata is better because more people can experience driving pleasure

>cheaper and easier to obtain
Dude they start at 9-10k
Get a real job

>what are drivetrain losses

Maybe for a salvage car riced to shit

A friend of mine got his stock ap1 for 9k 5 years ago and it had 90k miles on it.
I'd sell my 04 for 11-12k once I find the right replacement.

Ive done this in my Silverado Z71 faggot. Its not hard to do.

>5 years ago
That's why

This is how it is. It's how it is.
Chorus

Baby I wanna convertible you. I wanna convertible you to see your boos. Your boos boos boos.

This is how it is. Take t down so u can fizz. And I can fizz to