Rustang BTFO

theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/adventure/red-line/the-new-mustang-is-the-ultimate-muscle-car-but-whos-buying-it/article29994451/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0Svvdrx_E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You mean "gearheads BTFO" or "ICEs BTFO".

This. Like if u cry evrtim

>I'm literally only person I know my age who likes performance cars
>know 3 stancefags
>nobody else cares about cars at all

TLDR: My son is a faggot who hates cars, so everyone's like that.

The majority of this generation is like that.

> is the ultimate muscle car

If you ever hear someone say that in a review about a mustang, that's the clue that they can't drive.

>I'm literally only person I know my age who likes performance cars
I'm literally the only person I know who likes cars. Most people my age don't even own a car. Performance cars only exist for the 1% rich people. Literally every car in my country is a 5 door FWD diesel. No wonder, coupes and generally fun cars are impossible to afford, even Miatas are rare and expensive here. Kill me please.

Sent from my 90 bhp econobox.

TL;DR:
>I decided to take my 24-year-old son for a ride.
>He was unimpressed. So was my daughter. So were my son’s friends.
>they’d go for an SUV that can carry their friends and equipment for a weekend getaway

Ok?
Since when was a shelby supposed to be appealing to the "young 20's" and "i don't care about cars outside of being appliances" crowd? They can't even afford the fucking thing for starters. Hell the car is so enthusiast orientated they offer an absolutely raw trim thats only practical for trackday.
He COULD be making the argument for normal mustangs which would make a bit more sense. Oh wait no that wouldn't make any sense since mustangs are still selling like hotcakes in the US like they always have been for decades.
What a waste of time

Of course cars are less popular as a hobby now, they're damned expensive!

There are still plenty of young gearheads though. I'm 21 and a bit obsessive with cars, and I know dozens of people with the same interests through college. I'm part of a Formula SAE team and all of our members would jump at a GT350. I must see a guy wearing a GT350 shirt every time I go to the shop.

Someone post a screencap about that post about modern car enthusiasts and why stance is so popular

I'm studying automotive engineering at a very esteemed German university. 90% of the students are more interested in electromobility and autonomous cars than performance. In a lecture on drivetrain layouts the professor asked for pros and cons of FWD vs. RWD, I was the only one out of 40 people who could name some.

>wah this generation doesn't care about performance
Wait until the next tesla roadster comes out or someone makes an accessible sports EV and see how many don't care.
It's not performance cars, it's ICE.

No it's performance cars, people just want appliances

People want cars that can be appliances the 99% of the time that they're being used like one. In the other 1% even a Bolt will be more fun than most of the stuff Veeky Forums salivates over.

>bringing up GoT for no reason
I hate people.

>a motherfucking shelby isn't appealing to your kids
Sounds like you need new children. My happiest moments with my dad was working on his Boss 429.

Talking from a business standpoint I mean.
Should have used the term "marketing" rather than "appealing"
Ford doesn't give a fuck these

Ford better care. Millennials will be older and have disposable income later.

don't even, you'll jinx it and they'll churn out something as retarded as nissan is
>Introducing the GT400GRIP Crossover
>For the millennials who wanted it(TM)

Chances are they'll have an RS before a GT350, but then buy a Golf R/S3 when they find out the RS is stick only.

A Golf or Focus is easier to park in the city and is more spacious in the back. A GT350 doesn't even make sense in today's traffic. Amirite?

A friend of mine recently bought pic related for 26k€, he doesn't know whether it has traction control or what that even is.

>some random website nobody's ever heard of
Surely their opinion on anything is valid.

>fame immediately (in)validates opinions

Houses cost more than ever before

Student debt is crippling

Food cost is on the rise

Pay raises don't come as soon as you'd like

Switching careers every 5-10 years if you're unlucky

And car manufacturers expect young people to give a fuck about 0-60 times and how well a car can turn.

Cars are stupid and are for getting from a to b in comfort. Maybe every now and then having 300+ horsepower is fun when passing on the highway but the days of owning a sports car and thinking you're cool or special are over. Nobody thinks you're special. You're just another twonk that doesn't understand money and how to spend it responsibly. Get a real hobby and spend it on that, loser. Cars are transportation that 1 billion people own. Then you have to take a car and drive it like a twonk and then think you're special about it. Get lost.

You fucking loser.

>Not being successful enough to own 2 or more sports cars, live comfortably and enjoy them.

>they’d go for an SUV that can carry their friends and equipment for a weekend getaway

Sorry my generation is shit.

>Being this delusional
>Projection his libtard inadequacies on the rest of the population

People like making noise and going fast, never gonna change hippie.

>housing cost is more than ever
Plenty of foreclosed homes are selling for cheap
>student debt is crippling
choose a real degree and not asian basket weaving, apply for scholarships, and get generals done at community college
>food cost is on the rise
Veeky Forums will blow this the fuck out so damn hard but I'm not that knowledgeable
>switching careers every 5-10 years
Sorry you pick shit ones

> Maybe every now and then having 300+ horsepower is fun when passing on the highway but the days of owning a sports car and thinking you're cool or special are over. Nobody thinks you're special. You're just another twonk that doesn't understand money and how to spend it responsibly. Get a real hobby and spend it on that, loser. Cars are transportation that 1 billion people own. Then you have to take a car and drive it like a twonk and then think you're special about it. Get lost.

That's just it, cars aren't attention-getters for people here. Just driving is enjoyable. If you don't get it that's fine, but the vast majority of us aside from resident stancefags enjoy the fuck out of driving. Not out to impress anyone.

Glad to see this brought up, good lord. I know like one other person with a v8 car, out of 100+. And they don't know shit about it, or care about driving/racing it.

Meanwhile I've got a fucking 700+ HP v8 set up for street and daily driving in the garage, and another modded v8.

>foreveralone.jpg

>thinking you're cool or special
>Nobody thinks you're special
>twonk that doesn't understand money
>drive it like a twonk and then think you're special about it

youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0Svvdrx_E

Good Night

>Formula SAE
My college's team has been cucked into Formula Hybrid, kek

>being this impoverished
Top jej, I bet you didn't even go to an ivy league school.

>Leon cupra

Mmmm... I like this car. It's a nice middle finger to the golf gti. Cheaper and better in every way. And yes, it's wasted on your friend probably.

The things are just too damn expensive. It's a problem with a lot of newer American FR V8s.

The new CTS-V being the priciest, but then the Chevrolet SS and the GT350 are next.

The things just cost too damn much and most people don't really think they're worth the price tag.

>have my S197
>only other friend who really is into cars got an srt8 for his first car
>non stop bitching about em pee gees
>trades it in for a civic crosstour
>kill me

He couldn't afford the payments. Gas is cheap as fugg senpai. New SRT8s get what, low to mid 20s? That's plenty desu and not crippling in any way.

first off, you can't quit school to make a payment on that car.

I'm what you would consider a millenial, I have a great job. I could honestly go get this car, however. I also have a mortgage that this payment would be more than. I have 2 kids who I like to make sure have everything they need/some of what they want.

I drive a camry dd because reasons, and have cars in my garage I work on.

have an 72 f150 and recently picked up a 69 maverick i'm planning on putting a 351 cleveland in. I care about performance, but cost has gone up and I can't justify purchasing a car with that kind of ridiculous price tag right now. so I wrench old cars people have forgotten about.

>>food cost is on the rise
>Veeky Forums will blow this the fuck out so damn hard but I'm not that knowledgeable
Veeky Forums here, actual healthy food is dirt cheap. Food is only expensive when you're a retard who can't cook and can only buy prepackaged meals, or who goes out to eat multiple times a day. If you actually prepare your own meals with real ingredients you can spend under $10 a day on food easily.

Eastern Europe?

Germany

Dutchfag here, I'm still jealous of you guys.
The vast majority of cars here are tiny "eco" spec hatchbacks.

And then there's the hybrids with their tax discounts. Pic related, in that specific fucking color. Can't stand them.

>Get 16 mpg in Jeep Cherokee
>Drive about 15k miles a year
>Have minimum wage job
If I can afford gas easily, there's no way he couldn't. He definitely couldn't afford payments.

>The vast majority of cars here are tiny "eco" spec hatchbacks.
But it's the exact same here. A BMW 1 series coupe costs twice as much as the hatchback version. Pretty much every car is a Golf or similar, wagon, minivan or SUV, or impossible to afford.

They're all leased and they all have the tiniest fucking engine available, that's what I meant by "eco" spec.

Also there's so fucking many of pic related around, it's not even funny.

fuckkkkkkkkkkkk i hate people wow. W.O.W.