Hello everyone. I just got back from my cousins graduation party and when I was coming out of the parking lot...

Hello everyone. I just got back from my cousins graduation party and when I was coming out of the parking lot, I scratched the shit out of my dad's car, he comes back from vacation on thursday. Any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/anti-rape-condoms-picture-will-jagged-teeth-deter-world-cup-sex-assaults-rape-axe-hopes-so/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

BUMP!!!

>Any ideas?
Body shop. That needs a respray.

Own up to it and offer to pay for the repairs

That's $2500 of damage at a mid range shop

>im only 17
Please see the global rules.
>guess ill have to do what i can to buffer it as best as i can
No, no, no.

Leave it alone, and own up to it. You will fuck it up more trying to correct it.

i know this sounds like a really bull shit lie but i accidentally tapped the 7 on my phone

Fuck off. This isn't your blog. Have him file a claim and you should at least help pay the deductible.

Underage b&

what? I had much worse scratch repair done for $500.

your quote sounds closer to a full repaint job.

Lol I hope this is true. It will make your getting b& twice as funny. But seriously either tell him or just go buy a color matched paint pen and fuck it up worse.

Thats a $150 job in my 3rd world country.
God bless

you should probably kill yourself now, that way you have control over how it goes down.

that damage absolutely needs to be resprayed, there is nothing you can do by yourself to help it. being a metal flake the shop probably wont be able to match it perfectly so there will have to blend it which may or may not come out well. as the tripfag said it is probably going to be around $2500 to roll the dice. also the car has permanently lost some resale value, more if the repair is noticeable.

why were you driving something so expensive you couldn't afford to repair it anyway, user?

Either it was done poorly in Tijuana or your scratch wasn't worse. He has scratches into the bare metal and a dent right on the body line. It's a big repair and has to be blended out way into the quarter to look right.

Its cheaper to match shit tier paint than multicolor sparkly kayers and shit bmw paint.

>He thinks a quality full repaint is as low as 2500

Try about 5 grand.

*starting at 5k

OP, how bad are you freaking out right now?

its the only thing i had to drive.. and i had to bring my mom or else she wouldn't get home

Op can't answer he is b&

Own up to it, not a big deal, that scratch can be fixed. The car isn't totaled, the engine isn't destroyed, you're not in the hospital, he's not getting a 400 thousand dollar medical claim against his insurance for emotional distress. Instead, it's a scratch, I scratched my dad's van the day after I got my fucking license. That scratch is no more than a quick repaint and bumping out a dent. If you dad is a major asshole and wants the entire bumper replaced, then I'd be worried.

no his hand just slipped, kind of like when his hand slipped when driving the car not into a pole, or when he clicked Veeky Forums instead of /b/. Maybe he has that sweaty palm disease.

I would start by watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

If I was OPs dad and that was my car, I would lock him into one of these things for 6 months.

Please tell me that shiny long piece does not go inside.

I have some bad news for you.

I was wondering the same thing...but then I looked at the file name.

>The Looker 02 (L02) is unlike most other chastity devices in that it features a hollow titanium alloy urethral plug. The plug’s practical function might be to increase the security of the device, but surely, it goes beyond that. In practice, it dramatically enhances the chastity experience by not just encasing and entrapping a penis, but by also invading it. The device isn’t just locked onto your body, it’s locked into it, as well. The are times when wearing a typical plug-less device that you might forget it’s on. Not so with the L02. With nearly every move (and sometimes, with no other movement than your penis’ natural reactions to blood flow and temperature), the plug tickles the length of your dick, extending into your body. Everything about it is different than the usual chastity experience. You even pee differently. Erections are now not just stunted and compressed, they’re also squeezed from within. They feel as thought they’re clamped in a vice, not squished into a tube. A penis so entrapped has no ability to move or exist separately from it’s prison. At every point of every day, the device is engaged with the body it’s been locked to.

>there are times when wearing a typical plug-less device that you might forget it's on.

Say wut!?

Idk man, maybe you get used to them? I just know if I put one of these on my son because he fucked up my car, I would not want him to ever get comfortable with it.

>1. Park it outside
>2. Leave a note with a number that's intentionally scratched out
>3. Dad finds note and blames mystery douchebag
>4. ???
>5. Motherfucking profit

Just tell your dad the truth you stupid little prick.

Since you mentioned your mom needed the ride, maybe you can use her to get on your side. As long as your dad isn't a useless piece of shit who's only nice thing is his car, you should be fine, anyone driving a newer BMW usually has the money to fix something like that kicking around. Just fess up, admit you were wrong, offer to help pay for the repairs. As long as your dad isn't a cunt he'll be mad, but understanding. Everyone's fucked up a car at some point in their life. Don't try to take it to a shady spray-n-go place that might make it worse.

Just key the fuck out of the whole car and tell your dad a pack of niggers vandalised it.

>married
>kid

guarantee you this car is the only nice thing he owns.

i know he will get mad... ill just tell him whats up when he gets back home because hiding shit will make it worse

not really, my dad has a nice house and my mom and dad never got married, their relationship was kinda messed up.

>2 minutes between bumps
This isn't /b/, it's a far slower board.

im gonna give it a wipe with soap and water and see if it helps. other than that i wont do much more.

yea, my bad. i was really freaking out about the whole situation hoping there was some kind of miracle to fix this. but obviously im very un-experienced with how car paint works. all i know is about the layers.

Yeah you're fucked due. Thousands of dollars of damage right there. Assuming your dad has full coverage he'll make a claim and you'll pay his deductable ~$500. If he only has liability you'll have to pay out of pocket. Shit sucks, I did the same when I was a teenager.

i thought as much, ill have to get a job in the summer asap so i can pay him back, i feel so bad i did it and i wanna fix it without him knowing but its gonna be almost impossible...
wanna rob a bank? jk lol.

The FBI is now monitoring this thread. Thanks, asshole.

make sure to mix a little table salt with the soap and water, it'll help smooth out the scratches

thanks for the advice :)

Yeah I wound up getting a summer job too. Shit sucks but you gotta make right.

You hit an animal... comprehensive insurance claim. Rates do not go up.

Rates can go up no matter the reason. It doesn't work that way. Only at-fault collisions are near guarantees they will however.

kek

was it a troll? ... i was actually gonna try it...

Nobody would believe that's an animal anyway, OP would at the very least get hit with a fraud investigation

Check if your dad keeps any brake fluid in the garage, it's a good pre-cleaner before you try and get the scratches out.

seriously, dont fuck with me. most likely no brake fluid even though he does work at an auto shop

Just tell the man. He'll find out one way or another.

dude just leave the car alone, what's done is done. if you want to make things better on yourself drive to a couple body shops tomorrow and get estimates before he gets home.

and no, brake fluid strips teh paint.

he is right though
Brake fluid has a right level of acidity, so the dirt and grease will fall off and aint will stay clean

i will
i just wanna see if i can reduce the visibility of the scratches more, im not trying to repair the scratches all together, just make them less visible

i looked up on it and it says it eats away the paint, there is no reason to do this and trick people into making their situation worse, its not cool and not beneficial to anyone so stop

With 3rd world country results. Nothing to boast about..

Yea and they usually average around 15k, sorry op, that fix is just not happening unless you can find the money.

anything you do can do to fix it will only make it worse.

Just try and protect it by waxing over it, at the minute its just bare metal.

>i just wanna see if i can reduce the visibility of the scratches more, im not trying to repair the scratches all together, just make them less visible
Whats done is done man. You can try to buff them out but presenting your dad with estimates so he can decide whether to make an insurance claim i think would make him happier.

The good old fashion hit and run

15k!? my god.... Why are paint jobs so pricey?

>Salt+Water+Metal
>equalling anything but rust

Seriously are you old enough to be posting here?

He's lying to scare OP. You can get 3 entire car paintjobs of good quality for that.

>MON DEUS!

Mods, ban this underage OP fag already, he admitted for being 17

i just dont know a lot about cars, sorry man. im a math major, not a science mahor

op signing off.

It's bad, but not too bad.

Sandpaper it down. It'll make the scratches less obvious.

leave already

Nothing in this post makes any sort of sense

good, you're a fucking retard and I hope your father rapes your ass for this

seriously, salt? you believed that shit?

Which grit

I'd recommend 150 and then 400 to touch up.

Honestly he should start at 80. He is going to be out there until his dad comes home if he starts with 150.

Run! Just keep going, hop a freight train across the country and find work washing dishes.

OP should not worry about a high price since it is $70 if it is just the lower fender. If it is the also another panel, then the price goes up. They simply take it off and press it back out. Then smooth out with the barest amount of epoxy fill before sanding. Then it goes for paint blending and curing. Done. Pressing out back to shape is about $180 here for just a fender edge damage (common). Any more than $750 is a ripoff.

Insurance companies have pricing deals with various authorized bodywork shops, so the best pricing will probably be those places. If you go on your own to get estimates, the price will be higher. The pricing scam is quite similar to medicine where insurance rates are as much as half of those you have to pay if you are not using insurance.

Do not listen to bad advise meant to make your problem worse. You saw previous posters say:

1. brake fluid. That wrecks your paint.
2. wax it. That makes future body work and repaint blending harder because some of those polymer oils are hard to get out of the paint's microscopic surface cavities before repaint.
3. etcetera.

Some of the posters in this thread just want to see the world burn down. And they are giving you bad advice to help start that fire right now.

WOW, typo. $750 not $70.

>dent right on the body line

Dents are easy to press out without bodywork. The panel even stays on the car. It's done all the time and no repaint is needed as long as the paint isn't cracked. Paint is actually amazingly flexible if new within the first year or so.

So many of the people in this thread suck. Scaring him with overly high prices. Giving bad advice to make the damge worse. Giving bad advice to make it harder to repair. Giving bad advice to make the paint blending possibly fail.

Wow, you guys sure covered all the bases in giving bad advice. Even the suicide option was offered as well as a useless solution that would have wrecked his relationship with his dad. You guys are sure thorough - at giving bad advice.

The damage is not bad if limited to the pain on one fender panel. The dent on the other panel can be pressed out with spoons and a tool. These are car bodywork spoons and not eating utensil type spoons. I've seen some amazing wrinkly dents with multiple folds spooned out smooth and cheaply without a repaint of the whole panel being needed. So it's not like there is no hope. Just got to find a place with a good price estimate and the willpower not to use the highest technically legal expensive repair approach.

>>there are times when wearing a typical plug-less device that you might forget it's on.

Can't forget having this Anti-Rape device on.
cbsnews.com/news/anti-rape-condoms-picture-will-jagged-teeth-deter-world-cup-sex-assaults-rape-axe-hopes-so/

idiot thats max 700

i also go around 5k

dont do it you make it worse

Wew no.
This is Veeky Forums.
Don't be dumb.

Jesus that wluld fucking hurt

lol no
i needed the entire roof of my car replaced and it was $3000

has any actual adults on this board who drove their parent's car in highschool NOT fucked it up in some way?

>un-experienced
>"un"

total it, he will never know

>Which grit
DO NOT use sandpaper on it and make the amount of damage greater. The bodyshop knows how much sanding it needs. If you are going to do something, it should be to remove excess items in the cabin or trunk since the car will be worked on by strangers. So if you have a spare house key duct taped in a hidden area, that should be removed before handing the car over to the shop. If the car has two alarms, disable the 2nd alarm so that it doesn't sound in case the battery is disconnected or runs down. Be sure the battery has a full charge before handing it over. Turn off all car modes that cause high discharge rates of the battery even while parked and unused such as camera observation and environment monitoring modes (some of the new cars now can record video all around them while parked in case of vandalism or attempted burglary but that uses power).

As for price, $700 to $750 should be the max for a single car panel. A price of $3000 is for bodywork to a panel, computerised structural stretching of the frame back to shape, two car doors, and of course colour rematch metal flake repaint and booth curing of both doors and side of body frame before fees and sales tax. How do I know that price of $3000? Someone T-boned my car right at the pillar between two passenger side doors in parking lot hit-and-run so I needed that repair.

Anyone that posts $5000 is highballing just like that thread where the used 2009 maxima was on sale for $75,000 (seventy five thousand). It had major suspension damage too. It can only be $5000 at some absurd shop that only taylor swift or paris hilton would use.

>I scratched the shit out of my dad's beamer
>Bump
>BUMP!!!

>i needed the entire roof of my car replaced and it was $3000

Well, that was quite a bit of work since they have to remove the doors, interior liners, electronics, interior carriage covers, remove various wiring harnesses and airbags in pillars, etcetera, before cutting the six pillars holding the roof. Then they have buy a new roof part from a source the insurance approves and then prep the part by sandblasing prior paint off. Then they have to weld it on, do frame alignment, then prime and paint match the new roof and then cure it in the paint booth with UV light if it is that kind of paint some cars use. Then it is time to re-install doors, wiring, airbags, roof parts, liners, recheck alignment, and test that electrics all work.

The amount of work your car needed for that $3000 was way waay waaay more than what this OP's car needs. But different parts of the country have different prices.

Waiting for the next tale of woe such as....

Called the insurance company and they said it was not covered because I was not a designated driver under dad's policy! Or something like that. That would be an ironic story because if a thief had stolen the car and took a joyride causing the same damage, then it would definitely be covered by insurance.