Seriously, are sway bars just a meme?

Seriously, are sway bars just a meme?

What's with all the retarded summerfag threads today, don't you have prom to go to or finals to study for?

Just as much a meme as larger fuel injectors.

On a daily driver, yes
On a race car, no

It's a better mod than a cold air intake.

how are the two things comparable in any way?

guess 90% of the cars and trucks on the road are race cars. Have you ever even looked under a car?

>a trip fag
>doesn't get it
Why am I not surprised.

Calling a product that increases performance handling a meme, is just like calling larger fuel injectors on a car going for more power a meme.

Thicker anti-roll bars in the front may increase the tendency to under-steer.

Hey, you guise seem to know about this
So basically if you do have a sway bar, you get less body roll but a bit more instability, right? , I e on the rear axle.
Again, this is all assumptions, and I would really appreciate if anyone could clear a light in that matter for me

>directly from Forza

Because more weight ends up pressing on what the outer rear wheel would be, right?

Buying cool ones for your non-performance/race car will do you no good.

But at the same time not having one AT ALL on basically anything that's not a rock crawler is just dumb

Kek. *high five*

So you have never looked under a car

Almost every car has at least a front sway bar, from a Prius to a an F350. Most of what you are doing if you are changing the sway bar diameters is changing the cars tendency towards over/understeer, in concert with the damping and alignment. If you just buy a shiny red one because you think they "increase your handling" it probably won't do shit. I'd recommend reading Carrol Smith's books on chassis building and tuning if you want to start changing your suspension around.

>tripfag doesn't understand how handling works
Still not surprised.

everything is a meme

They look cool

thicker sway bar = less weight transfer and less grip.

so if you need front grip, you can soften the front or thicken the rear depending on if it's corner exit or entry that you're looking for grip. big front bar can also help initial turn in the same way shorter sidewalls does. it does the same thing as a torsion bar in a kart.

stock cars use soft springs and usually bigger sways so they can have a comforting ride, but still safe roll characteristics.
race cars typically add a ton of spring lb, but the sway size is the same or even smaller some times or none at all like a lot of honda and miatafags do.
because quality of ride is of no concern they can use really stiff springs on smooth tracks and get a lot of grip and responsiveness and dial out the sway bar.

but every car and driver and track is different it's a never ending trial and error. youll spend a lot of time adjusting sway bars and spring rates at various tracks and various conditions. spring rate for big changes in ride, swaybar for small changes in grip and response.

adding a thick sway to the rear can also help lift the inside rear which is important for reducing mid corner understeer. which is counter intuitive, but thats why people are constantly working on setups especially in classes where u cant change geometry.

>weight transfer = grip

good meme

>mechanical load is a meme
ok

Aw cool dude, thanks, I've heard of Carroll smith's guides but never looked much for it
Thanks!

Ah yes opposite-of-truth troll strikes again

For the non-car-literate: Heartbreaker actually nailed it. Dude does know his chassis shit even if he's generally reviled on here otherwise.

He didn't explain anything what are you talking about.

>If you just buy a shiny red one because you think they "increase your handling" it probably won't do shit.
This. Matching your front and rear sway bars is more important that the diameter itself.

>are sway bars just a meme?

No.

>Autocross stock Miata
>Body rolls like a motherfucker
>Buy Racing Beat front tubular sway bar
>Almost zero body roll whatsoever
no

*yes

fixed that for you.

Nearly every car has sway bar. They are meme because installing stiffer sway bar just make your handling worse on the road.