/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 4th:
1578 – Battle of Al Kasr al Kebir: The Moroccans defeat the Portuguese. King Sebastian of Portugal is killed in the battle, leaving his elderly uncle, Cardinal Henry, as his heir. This initiates a succession crisis in Portugal.
1914 – In response to the German invasion of Belgium, Belgium and the United Kingdom declare war on Germany. The United States declares its neutrality.
1944 – The Holocaust: A tip from a Dutch informer leads the Gestapo to a sealed-off area in an Amsterdam warehouse, where they find and arrest Jewish diarist Anne Frank, her family, and six million others.
>News
CK2 DD 17: Crusader Cats
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-17-crusader-cats.960813/

HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-4th-of-august-2016.961146/
mega.nz/#!KZZFhArb!Gas-e1lBaK7bg1uZiKngfQch_PYnnosQC6aKhnEXAEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Massive steam group butthurt incoming.

salam alaikum, /gsg/

Reminder

The butthurt today will be epic.

salami eggs and bacon to you too

New EU4 DD
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-4th-of-august-2016.961146/

I know the lad is right, what amazes me is the reply below his.

Also there is more.

Thanks, I forgot to change the OP

reminder to invest in PDX

xth for fucking the pope

Hey HPM, what do you think about this map?

This is the current state of your life

fuckin LOL

>Battle of Al Kasr al Kebir: The Moroccans defeat the Portuguese. King Sebastian of Portugal is killed in the battle, leaving his elderly uncle, Cardinal Henry, as his heir. This initiates a succession crisis in Portugal.
ANOTHER AFRICAN BEATING THE ALMIGHTY PORTUGAL AND EVEN KILLING THEIR G-D D*MN KING
NEONAZIS BTFO

>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⣤⣴⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣦⣤⣄⣀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠉⠉⠉⠉⠛⠛⠢⠄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠃⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢰⡆⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣷⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⠿⠋⠙⢿⣷⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠃⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠉⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣤⣄⣀⣀⣠⣤⡤⠖⠂⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
>⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠉⠛⠛⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠛⠛⠋⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀

oy allah, that's haram

t.urk

>G-D D*MN
ay yo hol up, can you explain this meme to me? I'm confused

>doesn't know about using the lord's name in vain
/gsg/ is a Christian general, please listen to the good word of our lord and savior Jesus Christ so that your soul may find salvation.

do not sully the star and crescent by associating it with those western yokels

inshallah

It's a map of north africa with the Moroccan claims in Tuat.

it's forbidden for kikes to write out "god"

Faggot

>what is macao
>what are the dutch and spanish east indies
>what are portuguese, french, danish and british india

RIP

>mfw browsing /gsg/ these days

is it possible to ally britain as mehico?

>wojak image

opinion discarded

He is right though.

I want to slap the mongrel who thought that sky blue made for good camouflage

Fuck this shit, combat in EUII is just retarded, i lost to a 2k stack while defending with a 9k army and way batter morale and with 9 dice rolls.

Stan is a cunt

Get with the time gramps! Your days of glory are long behind you! We are the new face of /gsg/!

>camouflage
>WW1

to go to tactic was literally doing mass charges into machine gun nests, why the fuck would you need camouflage?

>have camo
>sneak into trench
>meme on the lightly colored frenchies

Why is HPM such a faggot

Ah yes the German MG nests could definitely see British drab uniforms just as well as bright blue frog uniforms

he brings redditards here and should be banned from gsg for life

Reposting a last time

Hey guys, I need just ONE MORE flag to finish the pack (I still need to do a few other things though so this doesn't mean I'll release it today).

It's New American Alliance's monarchy flag, aka Kingdom of Illinois; I want to change the old one because it's awful. I wanted to use the Y in a circle, a classic symbol of Chicago as the main component. I came up with this, which I think is pretty, though not royal enough maybe.

Any suggestions to royal it up? If you have a better suggestion for a flag, please tell.

>France
>white

fuck off attentionwhoring tripfag

Proof that EU4 is retarded
>got to 5th in adm score
>got to 6th in mil score
>19 years in
>only people with better tech are 1 province nations
Granted Im playing a mod but the mod doesnt do anything but enhance Ideas, so the only thing right now is giving me 2 colonists instead of 1, which wouldnt have mattered because I would just use cash to overcome that. That idea is the reason that Im not tied for first in tech.

>le rong geberation meem
this
this
stfu nigger
fuck off redditor
good post
t. white american

God help us

looks good to me

>playing as non whites
>playing a leddit game
next thing u wil say is u play liquoria with alexmod u litral cuckold

nice blob redditor

Shut the fuck up faggot

>not playing Mali as a giant blob of all Africa
Youre doing it wrong

>blobbing as Mali instead of Kongo
Sup Reddit

This desu senpai

I'd unironically give EU4 another chance if there was a currently in development mod by a regular from /gsg/ to get history right.
I used to love playing as non-western kingdoms before surviving, let alone thriving, became the most trivial thing possible.

Anyway, I think the AI requirements for the event are done. The requirement for "Mission to civilize" will stop it being taken day one and the AI won't bombard anyone with it, they have strict requirements for when they will find logical to take the decision. They also won't take the decision if they have more than 4 militancy.
Next is making the moralists of your country religion pissed off at the suggestion and then effects of missionaries being killed.

IMO it looks a bit strange. Like a car symbol, because of the Y in a circle thing. Though I can't think of better alternatives, especially for american symbols.
Just my two cents.

but I am not white

Fuck off fag

kys you anime fucking piss of shit bet ur a shillary to lmao
see

I obviously fucked the scale of the pluralism/secularized stuff too.
I think I will use secularized: 20% too instead of 30%.

pls steamgroup
pls stop

So your American?

Yeah, the symbol itself looks a bit unorthodox and modern, but since it's such a traditional symbol of Chicago, it's the only thing I found that would make sense for an Illinois Kingdom since Chicago is its largest city and all. The actual State Capital, Springfield, has a red star for a symbol so it isn't any better.

I think I'll use it anyway since, at least, it's a step up from the old one, and all in all that's what counts. Thanks for the insight though.

Hes Lebanese Christian so it is fine.

He's Turkish

do high taxes slow down promotion?

Both of these are correct

Some people last thread were mentioning that you should stop high Intellectual percentages from lowering consciousness. It made sense for clergymen, but not for intellectuals

americans r white n based

t.tyrone sanchez

tabdulmahommedebola

You have to go back Pablo

>play multiplayer HOI4 as japan
>another player chooses china and demands we faction up
>I know the odds are stacked against me but I refuse, and choose the historical route
>player Russia leaves, and china player's friend appears on the scene
>immediately 5 Russian tanks appear as i'm breaking through and forces me back to korea
>then Russian player does voluntary force naval invasion bug to land in mainland china
>I beat back their attacks but as I can't police my own channel anymore I withdraw
>host spills spahghetti and refuses to stop the soviet union player from using the bug
>weak effeminate voice stutters in shitty >Swedish "w-what cannni doooo?"
>give up and stay in japan after dowing Russia to stop his volunteers
>game ends abruptly as Italian and Spanish player leaves because host is too pussy whipped to stop americans joining Chinese faction even.

vowed never to play another MP game until those bugs got patches out, some people just aren't cut out to be hosts

Is posting like a 9 years old y*nk faggot a new meme.
Because I don't like this meme.

t. Jamal Hernandez

>American calling anyone else a Mexican

>in mainland china

I meant mainland japan

>Anyone who says Americans aren't white is a Mexican
Good logic you literal nigger

STOP SHITTING ON AMERICA REEEEE

>using the term "meme" unironically

you have to go back

They kinda do since people get less of their needs and less needs means slower promotion.

I can't do it. I remember a long time ago I did it and the game stopped recognizing them as intellectuals/clergy. They stopped counting for literacy gain.
Never understood very well this decision as christian clergy in a muslim country would do the exact opposite of reducing consciousness, same thing if it was muslim clergy in a christian country.

t.

t. Tyreese Martinez

Hey HPM, got a bunch of fixes, changes and new flavour - mostly for centered around Persia. As usual, pick and choose. Feedback is welcome. I haven't play-tested it yet.

mega.nz/#!KZZFhArb!Gas-e1lBaK7bg1uZiKngfQch_PYnnosQC6aKhnEXAEQ

place your bets
fuck you hpm you syrian refugee shit and your railroading

It doesn't look like any of the state symbols help either.

This should be all, pissing the moralists a bit. I halved those values so they aren't updated.

Thanks a lot, I will take a look!

>anyone who calls people a mexican is a nigger
Get out Abo

I am Turkish and the whitest person ITT

america, always lad

>complaining about the mexican-american war

AMEWRICA #1 BEST EVERTHING

I am [insert ethnicity here] and the whitest person ITT

>posting reddit frog

If there was any doubt, you completely removed it now.

You have to go back.

I've played a fuckton of CK2, always in vanilla, and am trying to spice it up a bit with some mods for the first time. It's a rather daunting bunch to look through though, and all of them seem to change things so much that I worry it would break the balance/fun of the game. Can anyone recommend a mod that doesn't affect the core of the base game that much and just adds some flavor events, etc sort of stuff to make it more interesting again? As well as fixes stupid Swede shit like Charlemagne founding the HRE if possible.

Tell us what's new, lad
It sort of does, Europe, Asia, Africa, the rest of Latin America, Australia - no one else has probems with Mexicans since only America gets their poor and uneducated.

Are turks Germanic?

Can an insect be Germanic?

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT NOW

yes