Rent Charger last year with cloth seats

>Rent Charger last year with cloth seats
>Pretty comfy overall as a car to cruise around in
>Rent a same-generation 300c today with leather seats
>Uncomfortable as fuck, back is killing me after 20 minutes not to mention poor ventilation

This "hurr leather is always better" meme needs to end, in 90% of cases it's just worse and only exists for the car to look more expensive to lure idiots into buying it so they can brag about their shitboxes having some sort of redeeming quality even if it doesn't improve it. As far as temperature control goes (read: unreasonably hot in summer and unreasonable cold in winter) you even have people banging on about how it *only* requires a bunch of different devices just to make it tolerable. For what it's worth I've driven countless cars [same model] with both cloth and leather and the only leather that wasn't completely fucking awful was an S class and this is coming from somebody that really doesn't like MB.

tldr leather seats a shit and despite my blogpost, this goes beyond "dude chrysler lmao"

Leather is just easier to clean. If you want memory foam seat covers, then just buy them.

>this is how poor people live

You could also not be a disgusting pig and take care of your seats.
If anything poor people would be buying the cars with leather seats in some attempt to prove to the world they "made it". That's really the reasoning behind every leased 3 series ever.

Seriously depends on the car. Lexus leather is amazing and more comfortable than any cloth seat ever made, as is most of M-B's. Also, to your point, the Charger and the 300c have different platforms (LX vs LD), the seat material has very little to do with the comfort

Plus some vehicles are just disgusting with cloth after a while(think any base model cloth minivan after being run around by a family of 4 for a couple years)

I'll concede on Lexus' leather being considerably better but in the case with the Charger/300c you could definitely tell the seats played a part, in addition the whole minivan thing still ties into my point about taking care of the seats. I'm not disagreeing with you however, my issue is mostly with the idiots on here who yell that leather is objectively better and just go "U JELLY POORFAGS" when anybody questions them.

Plus knowing you those minivans are going to be in abysmal condition, christ I don't even in want to imagine interiors of cars driven around and neglected by ghetto trash

>Plus knowing you those minivans are going to be in abysmal condition, christ I don't even in want to imagine interiors of cars driven around and neglected by ghetto trash

Oh god, of the 10 nastiest trade-ins I have ever had to deal with, I'd say 7 were absolutely pig-disgusting minivans. One of the salespeople I work with used to be a rental agent for Enterprise, and has a few horror stories of his own about ghetto trash renting minivans to live out of for months at a time

And true, if you take good care of your car, it's not nearly as big an issue, but I can totally understand leather in something you know you're going to have messy shit/kids in even if the seats are a little worse

I actually have to give Kia/Hyundai props. One of the things they actually do well is nice leather seats, and they actually have heated/AC seats that function in a meaningful way.

Only cars I've been in both leather and cloth models are the early 2000s Impala and the current Ford Fusion. In both cases I prefer the leather.

>tfw my dad didn't want to make Top Gear-style furniture out of his Impala seats despite the car being totally fucked and only worth $300

Leather is better even though it seems harder.
You need support for long drives, and cloth does not give you that.

My friend bought an LS1 Camaro off some Sheniqua for 2k because she thought the engine was broken (it needed new sparkplugs).
Anyways, the interior was fucking horrible.
Glitter EVERYWHERE. Im talking glitter on every fucking surface, the ash tray was full of Newport remains, there was Cheerios in every single nook and cranny in the backseat. Plus on a hot summer day the interior would smell like sour milk and cocoa butter.

My friend ended up ripping out every interior piece out of that Camaro and replacing it. Runs like a raped ape to this day.

>in 90% of cases it's just worse
I take it you have statistical evidence to back this up?

I love my ST Recaros because they're the best of both worlds. Cloth on the parts that get hot and sweaty, and leather on the parts that take a lot of stress. They're the best factory seats I've ever been in, bar none. (And that includes stuff like E92 and F80 M3 seats and even the carbon buckets in the 991 GT3.)

Leather feels better to me than any cloth and there's nothing you can do about it

fite me

also

>blaming backache on the surface material of a seat

toplel.tiff

M B T E X
B
T
E
X

Really, someone tell me what's the point of posting like that, aside from declaring their autism to the "world"?
You take a of effort just to make yourself look stupid.

A lot, that is.

This is one of the stupidest fucking posts I've read on Veeky Forums. Padding and stuffing patterning is what provides support not the fucking surface material.

Mercedes makes fucking amazing fake leather. I prefer it to their real leather.

Call it autism, but at least I already know the superior material while you're still arguing about cloth and leather. Also the Queen's chauffeured Bentley as well as a number of Japanese lucury cars are upholstered with wool.

I never liked leather seats because it either feels like you're burning alive when it's 100 degrees outside or the seat is freezing if it's 15 degrees.

I'm not a fan of the micro fuzzy cloth but the regular kind is my favorite

I bleed out of my ass, so leather seats are really nice to have.

Leather is typically better on luxury cars. I've always had bad experiences with cloth even before I became bootyblasted.

leather seats in the summer time are the fucking worst cant wear shorts cause you'll end up sticking to the leather. they hold heat like a mother fucker so unless you park in shade your fucked.

start car, turn on seat ventilation, cool seats in about a minute

I've had cloth and leather. Leather is inferior. It requires way more care, it's hot in the summer and freezing in the winter, and it's less durable than cloth. Spray a bit of Scotch-Gard on a fabric seat and it's every bit as stain-resistant as leather.

In terms of comfort, that's subjective and only really relevant if you're wearing a miniskirt or hotpants. Otherwise your bare skin never touches the fabric, and the comfort comes from what's under the seat covering.

Came to post this but more in response to this whole thread. I can't imagine that the bolsters are that different for cloth or leather in the same car.

>start car, turn on seat ventilation, cool seats in about a minute
Or how about not getting a car with shit seat material and never having to deal with this crap in the fist place?

>seat ventilation module breaks
>$400 to repair
>fuck it that's just a luxury I can do without
>have to deal with cold-and-hot as fuck seats all year now

It's like when the motor in power seats breaks. People think power adjustment is the greatest shit ever until they inevitably have to replace the shit that makes it work. More features = more complication = more shit to go wrong. No thanks. There's a happy balance between comfort and reliability. Toyotas have it.

I prefer leather because it's easier to clean spills without staining. As far as effort, etc. are concerned, leather requires slightly more care, and is worse in extreme temperatures (hot or cold).

I guess it's handy if you pee pee and poo poo yourself a lot. Less scrubbing for mumma to do when you shit on her car seats.

>eating in your car

t. 500 pound yurofat

>way more care
How? I just have to wipe it every once in a while with a damp cloth. With cloth, you have to vacuum and clean that shit to get dust and fur out.

>it's hot in the summer and freezing in the winter
Even shitbox Hyundais have heated and cooled seats these days. This isn't even an argument anymore.

>it's less durable than cloth
Perhaps, but it depends on the seat. If you're driving a shitbox like OP's 300, then yes it might tear easily. If you're driving a Lexus or Mercedes, then it won't.

My friends lady has a new Optima or whatever. those leather seats are breddy nice

>tfw no 300c srt8 with comfy interior

lol well, it's more for my wife and dog. Plus, even if I don't eat in the car, sometimes I have to pick it up from take-out and get it home, and I took out the cupholders because they get in the way of the stick shift when there's anything in them.

Tell your wife to stop being fat and get if of your dog

Go back to your containment cell you bootyblasted robot

lol wife's not fat, if she were the crumbs wouldn't make it between her thighs to the seat.

and I'm not getting rid of man's best friend.

Bucket seats best seats

I bet the crumbs get stuck in her folds and when she shifts her fat around to get in and out the crumbs fall out.

I don't consider leather to be an "upgrade" from cloth, but rather a sidegrade for people who prefer it, and I definitely prefer cloth seats when driving a vehicle with a manual transmission. If it's automatic I'll happily take either but I won't pay extra to get the leather.

Cloth has been and always will be better. Leather gets cold in the winter, too hot in the summer, and requires more maintenance.

>compares seats in two different cars
>blames the seating material alone for a difference
lel

>bunch of different devices
Your car is a combination of devices and if you don't buy the poorfaggiest model they come with heated and cooled seats now.

>You could also not be a disgusting pig and take care of your seats.
yes, life ensures that circumstances are always ideal when coming in your vehicle. NOT.

Get a pilonidal cystectomy you lazy fuck