/ndg/ - night drive general

Post cars, routes, playlists, stories etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0.
youtube.com/watch?v=gGqdgp0WNsE
youtube.com/watch?v=_euXkmmP2d0
youtu.be/Gah8FnYSypk
youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY
youtube.com/watch?v=cFyIIOOPlz0
youtube.com/watch?v=sd-Xpj6JI_g
youtube.com/watch?v=nCJyBcPu3K4
soundcloud.com/night-team/sets/seize-the-night
youtube.com/watch?v=f11aEVOKHts
youtube.com/watch?v=MAW0a9HN4MA
youtube.com/watch?v=SsCHqeT0now
youtube.com/watch?v=IY50aiGeJkA
youtu.be/L73aKJaJ1AE
youtu.be/Z60FlKSxzbY
youtu.be/PaV_jI1MHcM
youtu.be/7PjId45asRU
youtu.be/xsBKYN3Hbu0
youtube.com/watch?v=em0MknB6wFo
youtube.com/watch?v=6J59bPj_meI
vocaroo.com/i/s0CavULgxN9F
youtube.com/watch?v=_5M2CIGEruU
youtube.com/watch?v=mbvCEfuxoGU
youtu.be/Wj9Cm33ba1E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My windshield is terrible; obscene glare from light sources combined with bad eyesight and naturally poor night driving means I can barely interpret the road at certain sections, but I really love driving around 2am to 3am because there's no traffic and the weather is perfect for a melancholic cruise.

Best friend and I started driving at around 11pm just to chill out and ended up in Atlantic City by 1:30am after a meal at a diner. Cruised at 85 listening to this the whole time, youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0. It was pretty blissful.

I used to go on night drives all the time back when I actually enjoyed driving.

Thanks for the nostalgia, OP

Stand back, got the eternal GOAT streetlight-lit cruise anthem here.

youtube.com/watch?v=gGqdgp0WNsE

my feels user, you hit me in them...

Every now and then we have to remind ourselves of what we used to be.

If I'm feeling mountain-y, I'll hit up this route.
Otherwise a nice cruise through the city is nice.

Did a 12 minute run last night kek, although I got a bit too excited, skidded out twice. I won't do it again for a while.

youtube.com/watch?v=_euXkmmP2d0
This is a chill album

I live in Florida so no touge here
the best I have is a county road that has a few nice turns.
I drive it every night around 1 AM while blaring eurobeat youtu.be/Gah8FnYSypk

I would kill for a mountain road like

Damn, that sucks user. I'm trying to take advantage of mine.

My all time favourite night drive song

youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY

I have to change my radio reviever so I can play music from my phone and not listen to the shitty radio before it's worth it for me to go on night drives

I sat next to these guys in a plane once lol

looks nice, I jelly.

youtube.com/watch?v=cFyIIOOPlz0

youtube.com/watch?v=sd-Xpj6JI_g

The best parts of this route go through oak forest, where the road seems to go through a tunnel created by trees. I play this song at a volume where I can just hear the engine whenever I'm not gunning it through the canyon. One of the only times when I feel like I'm truly at peace with myself...

Looks comfy as fuck user, nice.

gonna hit this route on Wednesday. Should be a blast

youtube.com/watch?v=nCJyBcPu3K4

rural areas with tons of backroads are great, god help you if you wipe out but it can be so comfy

that being said night driving is an amazing stress reliever. fast or slow, it helps me go to sleep when i get back home, and as an insomniac thats fucking amazing.

tempted to go out now, actually...

>all those hairpins
[EUROBEAT INTENISIFIES]

Nice man, you live close to the mountains? Almost all the good roads here in OC are choked up with housing developments and Ortega's always crowded with commuterfags until late at night.

>tfw I will never travel around murica in a glorious nippon 86 tearing up every mountain pass I find
Why live

I still have to take a 30 min drive to get there

Not that bad. I'd have to drive about twice as long to get to anything decent.

>not Blizzard
>not Testarossa Autodrive
8/10 still listens to Kavinsky

Any Bros know good roads in the SD county area? I'm oblivious to the area around me and don't want an hour plus drive to Angeles Crest. I usually just drive around town or on the 78 listening to Chicago.

HWY 94, Otay Lakes Rd, and there's always Palomar Mountain.

There might be another SoCal meet on the 28th going through northern SD county if you're free then. Still gauging interest.

Thanks for the info m8, but isn't palomar mtn in Rincon? Do the Indus let other people in there?
Id love to man, depending on where I should be able to make it if it goes down

>live in central CA
>have to drive an hour to get to any touge
My car is one of the worst cars I can think to bring on the touge, and driving up and down I-5 or hwy 99 is pretty chill at night. I'm hoping to order a radio soon so I can listen to music without headphones

Nah, they're all public roads. The ones leading to more private injun lands are gated off.

Palomar's definitely touge worthy, so use common sense and drive within your limits. Most drop-offs are over 100ft to the bottom of the canyon, and it's crowded with squidfag motorcyclists who think it's an Isle of Man TT course on weekends.

I didn't realize palomar was that nice, I'll definitetly check it out then. I would guess week nights a better time to go there so I can avoid bikers?
I'm not trying to race just go fast enough to have fun

bit of a blogpost, but i dont really have friends, so bare with me.

well, i'd love to find myself a mountain route and hoon around there, but i live far, far away from these roads. best i have is a narrow twisty forest road, and that one takes some tim to get to. besides, my car is not the lightest. and it just doesnt feel comfortable doing that. but, it has a lot of engine, and it really gets into its pace at higher speeds.. i've done an almost 400 mile journey, crossing about 1/4 of the country at just under 4 hours. all done in a short north europen summer night, and i arrived just as the sky started turning orange. night driving is the best

Sam...

Palomar is the common road, you'll find tons of people and cops there most nights and weekends

Sunrise Highway through Mt Laguna and Japatul Valley are my go to roads, the former has very little traffic at night and the latter is almost completely empty

A great night sound track. Check out some of the other playlists these guys make to

soundcloud.com/night-team/sets/seize-the-night

youtube.com/watch?v=f11aEVOKHts

Love this track, especially when it's rainy in the night.

Thanks for the heads up, Palomar is the closest one so far though. Esco isnt a very driver friendly area it seems
Will add those to the list though

had a night drive on the Autobahn last weekend after visiting the Nürburgring

still had the cam attached and an SD card with EUROBEAT in the radio:
youtube.com/watch?v=MAW0a9HN4MA

youtube.com/watch?v=SsCHqeT0now

sometimes up to 250 kph, mostly 200 - 230 kph though

youtube.com/watch?v=IY50aiGeJkA
3/3

must have been somewhere between Bremen and Hamburg

Black Spur Inn drive is amazing, all new roads up and down the mountain, a real pleasure to drive.

I listen to the SK:EV Soundtrack because I'm a fag who pretends to GOFAST.

youtu.be/L73aKJaJ1AE
youtu.be/Z60FlKSxzbY
youtu.be/PaV_jI1MHcM
youtu.be/7PjId45asRU

>doing chum creek at night

be careful bro, it's wombat city there

Ayyy fellow Melbfag
Ever done the Reefton Spur?
I always combine it with a Black Spur run for good times.

I'm another melbfag

done black spur + reefton combo runs a couple of times

I love nighttime cruising. I'll rip through a backroad at 100+, but a casual cruise is nice too.

youtu.be/xsBKYN3Hbu0

The roads that go into the desert east of Julian aren't bad either, and they're rarely patrolled especially in the summer. Only downside is the heat, obviously.

>autobahn
>eurobeat

I dont care how fast you were going.

youtube.com/watch?v=em0MknB6wFo

Night ride in the rain all alone is the best.

>hiking with friends at night
>time to get dinner, it's midnight
>we have a caravan of 4 cars, which all start trying to do pulls on eachother and after a while everyone kinda breaks up on the freeway except for me and a car with 2 girls on it
>my car starts playing youtube.com/watch?v=6J59bPj_meI
>feeling that midnight drive feel
>drive up next to the girls, and match their speed with cruise control. look over and give smiles
>the driver gives me a rolling eyes smile look and tries to get away, going up to 85 but is too pussy to go any faster so she gives up and submits to her fate
>at the ramen place she laughed and told me i was an idiot.
>the girl she rode with told me it was really cute

>ask her for a date at the movies
>she seemed to really like me, ask her to do other things
>lost first kiss to her
>is my first gf
>her favorite thing to do is a midnight ride to a beach she likes, where you can see the skyline of my town
>is my gf now

>she is an exchange student
>leaving for japan next week
>i dont know what's going to happen

im going to b very sad.

Just hand in there mane...
>make it last forever..
Ima li nekih fegeta iz Beograda za cruise?

Thanks. At least I showed her a good time and the fun of driving. She uses public transportation like everyone else on japan (people actually don't all have gtrs and evos in Japan).

polaris ?

is...is this real user? I want to believe it is.

should have gone devil z
vocaroo.com/i/s0CavULgxN9F
its a different kind of hectic

>eurobeat on the wangan

fucking PLEB

youtube.com/watch?v=_5M2CIGEruU

The only thing that was fake was the song. I only added that cause that's what I wished was playing at the time. My phone was out of batteries and I was listening to radio music.

hold up nigge
youtube.com/watch?v=mbvCEfuxoGU

Nice, went a ways up on Angeles Crest last week. Shouldn't be any cars if you're going up at like 8am

>san gabriel?
didn't realize which part of the loop you were headed for first but heres a little detour through some nice houses/curves in that area

Had a similar situation but it didn't end with her being my gf because I was a huge pussy.

>girl in college class I kinda knew but kinda didn't
>ask her if she wants to go hiking sometime (knew she liked hiking)
>says she has a better idea, she knows a cool spot to watch sunset
>we get coffee, drive up listening to my happy music playlist
>find a nice spot on the rocks overlooking the beach
>watch the sunset and talk about life together
>didn't snuggle too close or anything for fear of being too forceful
>my worst mistake
>things seem great, we drive home in the nighttime and sing along to songs we both love
>ask her out a few more times but always get the "work" or "school" excuse

It's been nearly 3 months. We talk every once in while and she always watches my snapchat stories but it's nothing like it was around that time. I fucked up real bad and it's probably irreversible.

Does anyone else here drive through Glendora Mountain Road In Souther Claifornia ?
This is just a fraction of it but its really cool because of these triple consecutive hairpins. The whole road is much much more though...
I have some cool pictures my friend took from inside the car when we were up there 2 weeks that I could share as well.

Rosemead. Literally 10 seconds away from entering san gabriel in car. Never thought about taking that route. Thanks for the recommendation. I was gonna start at big tujunga but maybe ill start at ACH

>tfw no one to go on night drives with
Time to find a lonely drivers sticker

GMR is really fun, it can get a bit crowded though especially with bicyclists so you're better off going during a weekday morning. It turns into Glendora Ridge Road a little bit further, which I like more. There's no center line there though and hot shit kids don't look around the corner. I prefer San Gabriel Canyon Road a few miles to the west more, maybe not as intense with the elevation change or the tight turns but the road is a bit wider.

>tfw no curvy roads in OK
I can't find ANY
Does anybody have any suggestions?
Arkansas is also fine, as long as it's close

No bicyclists at night so its usually not a problem for me but during they day it would be for sure. Yea thats another good thing about night up there, you can see the headlight much sooner cause its a canyon. I have never been to San Gabriel Canyon Road since thats a bit more West and Gmr is only 20 mins from my front door haha. Have you ever gone through Mt. Baldy Rd including the top section past the little town ?

do it

Ever see any animals when you go at night? That fear is what stops me from going. I've nearly hit coyotes at other canyons when driving at night so i'm a bit spooked about that. Yeah that's also a great part of the drive too.

night rides are great. I often just go in my car and put some music on kinda low, and listen to the exhaust. bike is kinda slow so I can't really make it to the far away fun roads without some decent amount of planning. Also my exhaust is loud as hell. Usually on the bike I just stick to empty new housing developments,business parks after hours, and places far away from people.

>tfw shifting near red line at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
>tfw only doing about 40

No

been there a couple of times during the day and once at night. A bit further from me though. I'm a lot closer to Tujunga/ Angeles Crests

just pictured a face going with the song, thanks user
Sean...

some of the streets in that area are dead ends but still nice view

Nope, I haven't seen any animals when I have gone up there from my memory of it whatsoever.

Ive wanted to go out more towards that way cause I saw hoe cool Little and Big Tujunga Canyon road, how are they for driving and such ?

They're nice, faster roads once you get to know them. A lot of Sweepers and medium corners with some hairpins. occasional pebbles on the road. pretty clear this last Friday I was up there.

>tfw can't go for fun night drive because my country are all cucks and there are speed cameras literally everywhere

Why won't you?
Get an 86 or really any other rwd nippon shitbox and FUCKING DO IT MAN

Almost all of my driving takes place night because nightshift

Never been night driving, except midnight runs to my friends places
Should I just go alone?

Just for this thread I will take a drive around where I live, film it, and upload it to googletube. See y'all in a few.

yes user
be a lonely racer

Living in Dallas kinda blows.

This is the best I've seen so far, and it's 30 minutes away from me.

Same, Garland here. Also had this saved a few years ago but it's out in Ft. Worth.
I guess the highways are pretty comfy at 2 am when no one else is out but it certainly isn't very engaging.

Gets dark and spooky once you hit the park

Man I bet that would be a pretty great run. I'm not sure I could deal with spending that much on gas money very often though to get out there.

That's a 50 mile trip, So it would be probably a full tank of gas for the night if I went out to have a good time.

>only the part before the observatory
>not the backside of Mt Hamilton down to Mines

still, this thread reminds me of the luck in having a nice road in the backyard

I live 5 minutes from a beginning of endless fucking web of rokky mountin madness

Had a p major flood a couple of years ago - most of the road rebuilt with brand new glass smooth asphalt

whippin an na6 Miata, the ultimate driving experience :^)

Norcal has the Pacific Coast highway. Its one of the top scenic routes. Casual as fuck to drive but its pretty. North of the Golden Gate Bridge is a much of twisty roads too.

PCH is a tourist trap full of cops and weekend drivers, no thanks

the roads leading to and from it are pretty nice though, depending on where you are. there was a kid who ate shit near la honda recently though so the cops are all over skyline

I said I'd do it, here it is:

youtu.be/Wj9Cm33ba1E

BONUS --- donuts @ 6:10!

That makes me sad...
>Wynogopro?
And damn that car is low on power...

user delivers

A new GoPro costs about the same as like 5-6 months of a daily opium supply for me... Gotta have priorities right? But yeah, I should probably get one, I can do some crazy fucking shit with this car.

you sound like a nerdy faggot holy shit

Well, I am a computer science/ mechanical engineering dual major, I'm underweight, and have been programming nonstop since I was 11 so... Yeah, I'm a nerd. And I'm sure you sound like Bruce Willis, no doubt.

lol nice video though. I wasn't expecting the donuts.

Your voice reminds me of a friend from high school who was a computer guy. He was white/polish and underweight too. I don't even know how Bruce Willis sounds to be honest.

Cmon guys, give me some feels music for cruising with my 109db exhaust pipe.

Well, you don't say what you're into, so have one of my night-drive favorites:

Boards of Canada - BoC Maxima.

I am more of an 80' rock person desu