Why don't you have a truck?

I used to. Found I was never using it to haul shit and I never drove it because it was a bitch and a half to park. So, I sold it.

I have no need for a truck.

Because I have a car

I did, a W200 but I wanted something different and no longer needed a tow vehicle.

Because my wagon is practical enough for my needs, and it still handles like a car and gets good empeegees.

Because posers who drive light duty trucks when they haul things maybe once a year are the worst type of faggot

Can't wait to have another one actually. Hate driving a car although the turning and parking is handy. Sucks having to ask friends to take stuff for me almost anywhere we go.
Also nice since I drive 5 tons all day to have a personal truck.

I do though.

I'm not poor like you

The prices are inflated as fuck for what you get right now since I live in the south so everyone has one.

Why would I want a truck? I don't do any hauling or physical labor that would require one

I do have one

This is true as fuck. I have been hunting through wholesale/closed auctions for 3 months trying to find my mother-in-law a decent diesel truck for their farm, and can't find anything that is close to reasonable down south right now

Closest I got was a Chevy Avalanche 2500 with the 8.big-as-fuck gas engine that was leaking oil/diff/tranny fluid like crazy

You bought a Ram 1500, the cheapest of the full-size pickups.

But I do have one user

I may consider one for my next vehicle.
I used to HATE trucks because of everything they stood for. And I've found myself driving my dad's Silverado recently and falling in love with it. I don't like the high stance/driving position, but I love the truck.
I've actually started fantasizing about getting a 99-03 regular cab, short bed 4WD Silverado (preferably with Quadrasteer) with a 5.3 or 6.0, converting it to full time AWD, dropping it a bit on a good handling Belltech suspension and going apeshit building the Vortec V8 engine.
Pic kinda related.

But I do.

>get a truck
>stance it so all of the benefits of being a truck go away
>vape and post it on social media

Grats faggot

Anything I need to move fits fine in my 80s tarbo hatchback. Hell, I drove it home learning manual on the way with a spare engine, transmission, seats, body panels and two doors in the back.

>I used to HATE trucks because of everything they stood for.
Manual labor?

I said lower it, not stance it. I don't want or need the benefits of a truck. I could get away with living the rest of my life with a Pontiac Fiero as my only car if I wanted to. I don't need a truck. For anything. If I ever need a truck for anything, I can just borrow my dads or rent one for the day.

Also, WTF is vaping?

rednecks, rolling coal (still think that's stupid) and small dicks

That's what the owners stand for, not the truck itself. A truck is a work vehicle.

>get a performance car
>stance it so all of the benefits of being a performance car go away
>vape and scrape on social media

Grats faggot

What's with the fucking meme of if you're not hauling 4000lbs of shit every day of the week, you have no use for a truck? You don't need 400hp in your grocery getter either, but it sure is nice to have when you need or want it.

I know this may come as a huge shock, but some people do use their trucks regularly, even if it isn't maxing out it's load capacity, beat to shit and ugly, or not lifted on 33" tires.

>I don't need a truck. For anything.
>Except those times when I do need a truck

Stancing is retarded in every vehicle

What truck , year

when all you have to move around is your dildos your car is fine. when there is work to do you need a truck

also trucks are very usable on a daily basis. a 1500 pickup makes for a decent daily driver. one of the most reliable vehicles you could own

I have a 3dr 90s hatchback, a sports car, and a truck. stop being poorfags

Pretty sure he's saying he doesn't need to own one in his name, and if he did for, for reasons, he doesn't -need- it to be used as a truck, as he can borrow his dads/rent one.

bingo. I was trying to think of a way to explain it. Thank you. I'm not good with words.

1500's for life. Bed gets used weekly, and I have no need for more interior space than a benchseat.

Hey my '03 F-150 is over 230K at this point. Nothing beats having a truck when you need to move, either.

Ayyy. I love my truck for a laundry list of reasons, but damn does it come in handy being able to load shit up or help someone out at any given notice.

and I have no problem with people who use their trucks

my problem is with suburban desk jockeys who buy super duties with a gigantic dual cab where after six months the bed liner is still as pristine as it was when it got installed

I used to DD a Tundra when my job involved hauling shit, but when you don't haul shit past the load capacity of a Corolla on a regular basis and you drive a full size pickup, you're a poser

1985 F-350, with a 4-speed and the 6.9L diesel.

Believe me, I wasn't defending those types, I 100% agree with you on the brodozers who don't actually use them. They're not offroading, they have no ground clearance, suspension, bumpers, lights, all the off road equipment, yet they're on pavement, at best they drive down a muddy dirt road. Let's not forget, you lift the things as high as most of them are, you're not using the bed for shit anyways as you can't readily load or unload shit from them.

The other week I had seen a sky-high lifted tacoma I think it was, short bed, and a single fucking 2x6 maybe 8 feet long strapped into the bed.

God, it made me want to kill myself any time I had to go near Fort Bragg or Cherry Point here in NC. My brother in law was stationed in that area when he was still in the marines, and a fucking lifted brodozer truck was like heroin to kids in the marines/army, they couldn't wait to go throw money at one and drive it to any one of the fine strip clubs you could find around base

And while it wasn't a dually, it still had a 20-foot wheelbase. Fucking impossible to DD in a city, and I was a fool to try.

Not after after the options list kid

Because I don't need one.

Welcome to military life

>Lifted trucks
>Mustangs, so many Mustangs
>Private with BMW he can't afford
>E7 in a mid-90s Oldsmobile because his wife took their new car in the divorce

>>Lifted trucks
>>Mustangs, so many Mustangs

Jeeeesus H Christ, this so much.

Lifted bro trucks that went to strip clubs and gas stations.

Mustangs where I know the fuckers were paying more in insurance than they were for the car payment.

Women who literally made a career out of getting married to then divorcing guys in the service.

It was the most toxic, shitty atmosphere I have ever been around

>tfw have a friend who put $0 down on a piece of shit Kia Rio from the scam independent dealers outside of post and now he pays $300 a month plus $200 of insurance for it

Pic related, except they are typically not nearly this good looking. We call them dependapotamus'

There's this thing called the Miles program, they essentially guarantee you a loan but the interest rates are outrageous. One girl I knew was getting ready to return from deployment bought a Scion tC sight unseen with a 21% interest rate.

>We call them dependapotamus'
That's fucking amazing.

When my brother in law was still, he and some friends talked about some woman in her 30's who was now infamous around base because she'd married and divorced 4 different guys in the last 10 years

>tricare
lol walgreens stopped taking tricare in NC, and it caused all kinds of butthurt

damn she's hot

>Mustangs
kek

>be 2010
>be in FTAC class (basically welcome to your first base and the actual Air Force)
>get to finances portion
>talking about not living above your means
>>"who here bought a car in tech school"
>hands raise
>calls on one kid
>he's E2
>>"what'd you buy and how is your monthly payment with insurance included"
>"I bought a 2009 Mustang GT and it's around $800 a month altogether"
>>"jesus can you afford to put gas in it?"
>"sometimes no"
>whole class laughs
>hfw
>we were in Minot, North Dakota
>hfw winter hit

My brother is an E6 in the Air Force.
He has a 2005 Ford F-150 Lariat and 2012(?) Ford Mustang GT.

Top kek.

They were just upset that they now had to wait hours at the pharmacy at whatever hospital was on post. I have never been in a pharmacy at a military hospital that wasn't close to full. This includes after 2AM visits to the ER

>116%+ apr

Hey man, that's what tribal lands are for!

Kek. I sometimes felt sorry for them but then realized they are adults and should be able to take care of a budget themselves.

TRUCKS FOR KEKS

Because I ain't gonna pull six feet of empty bed around with me every single fucking day in crammed Europe when I have absolutely nada use for it. Even if I did had to carry larger things regularly it would be cheaper and easier to attach a small utility trailer to my car, which will go a long way unless you very specifically want to pull a house sized boat or a house sized camper, of which I posess neither. Here in Germany mid sized cars are frequently rated to pull 3300 lbs, crossovers and large wagons up to 4400 lbs, and SUVs even 5500 lbs because we tow at lower speeds than Americans and can therefore decrease the tongue weight. You just gotta make sure the whole combination fits into the weight limit of your license, or pass an additional day long course granting you a higher weight limit for towing.

>every single fucking day in crammed Europe
>Europe

Because i like cars that handle well and are fun to drive on the road.

Plus im not a complete retard of a driver so i don't see why i would need a bigger car than everyone else

Yes, people outside of the United States do have access to the internet, and they also have roads and cars, and yet - seemingly beyond the comprehension of Americans - the conditions aren't completely identical.

Because I have a good car instead.

Also cars are roomier than you think when you're good at cargo tetris.

Also roof boxes.

I think he was saying it's not a good idea to generalize all of Europe into one category.

Have fun when your transmission @ diff's crap the fuck out after 100-150k miles (that's 160-240k of your cuckunites) because of that weight. Meanwhile, we'll be enjoying our 40+ year old trucks that have 300,000+ miles (480,000 cuckunites) and leak oil and spew greenhouse gasses at a whopping 7-13 miles per gallon and our trucks are happy as can be.

Also, I bet those 2.whogivesafuck liter engines sure love having to accelerate all that weight around, wonder how long that'll last.

Apart from a few rare exceptions the only people around here who actually have a legitimate use for a utility vehicle are tradesmen and the like, and for those exist far more practical vehicles than America's silly bed tray fitted, jacked up daily driver perversions. Our van based "Pritsche" trucks offer far more cargo volume at a shorter vehicle length, and unlike Americans we can afford to pave most of our roads, so the need for ground clearance and huge tires is limited.

Only have a motorcycle license

>let me spend all this extra time coordinating things into this tiny space, so i can overload my rear suspension, REALLY fuck up the handling of my """""german engineered machine""""" rather than loading shit up, tying it down and at most having to toss a tarp onto it

>eurocucks actually are this delusional
>eurocucks are actually this mad that americans have more land and more freedom

Stop making us look bad you fuck

>our country is superior, because it caters to our immense lazy fatness and we can treat everything like shit

Good for you, wanting to be pathetic pieces of shit.

Are you just false-flagging as an American to make us look bad, or do I actually share my country with you?

> guys look at how much of an industrious yankee doodle boy i am

I live in Germany and even here I find things too tight to DD a pickemup truck; and the only European countries that I'm aware of that aren't even more crammed than us are those in Scandinavia. Place like Italy are driving hell on earth.

>seriously thinking a regular car can't handle pulling a few thousand pounds a few times a year
>being so brainwashed by Detroit marketing that you think you absolutely need a huge truck to tow an ATV around

>I'm a lazy fuck and I don't know how to read my car papers to check the load rating
>YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED A GIANT TRUCK TO HAUL A BUNCH OF SHELVES AND BASKETS

You know there's a difference between the Freedomâ„¢ of having a lifted brodozer, and actual need for one, yes?

I'd love to see how much more your cuckvans can hold over proper work and utility vehicles.

>americans can't afford to pave roads

LOL, we don't go into debt for no reason.

>we don't go into debt for no reason

I'm working on it, just give me a few more months

Because in my country we use these.

You know there's a difference between having the freedom to do something and doing something actually being a good idea, right?

No there isn't

Because I'm good enough at driving not to wreck with a trailer, and you could haul a couch with a corolla if you really wanted to.

>pickemup truck
As an American, I have only ever head europoors use the term "pickemup truck"
And I grew up around trucks, so that's saying something.

the ground clearance and tires are for pretending you go off road

and sometimes, they're for being poor and actually going offroad/backroad to harvest firewood.

Pickups aren't trucks, trucks are trucks.

You can't say you drive a truck then.
Americans love saying the word truck. Some even refer to their pickups as "rigs"... kek

>vw "truck" being anything but a piece of shit
You're making yourself look like a clown.
See pic related for a good one

We have plenty of pickups in Europe. The market is nowhere near the van one, or even the van based truck, but its there.
I own three pickups and I'm likely going to buy another soon.

The people buying pickups in Europe are either tradesmen or farmers with a family, or someone with a hobby like motorcycling or 4x4 or whatever.

Since 4 door pickups came about they have increased in populatity. Toyota sells 100k Hiluxes in the UK alone. Mitsubishi is not far behind with the L200.

Its a mostly a different market from fleet trucks and fleet vans.

Manual laborers get van based fleet trucks.
The pickup buyer is either the foreman or the owner of the company.

Peugeot actually made the greatest pickups of all time back in the day - the 404 and 504 and they sold very well in the Southern parts and farmers loved them enough that European production stretched all the way from the 70s to the mid 90s.

That trailer looks like something from Fisher Price. You guys can't do anything right, even your trailers look cucked.

>Drives an Allroad
>Needs to constantly tow a spare Allroad for parts.

That VW life.

Allroads lead to insanity.

If i wanted to suck dick now id buy a miata.

Because I already get the mpgs of beat up chicken tax truck

Finally got one again, have been DD a Camry (call it my kid carrier). Now I'm busting my ass trying to get my 78 f150 back to near factory condition.

Don't need one

I have no regular use for one
when I turn into a lumberjack or a carpenter I might consider it

>404 and 504
reminds me of the hilux but things have taken a bad turn over time

>1st to 3rd gen
super rare museum piece
the only examples of them are hidden in barns or rotor swapped by madmen

>4th gen
the farm roach
rusted and worn out but refusing to die

>5th gen
for when you 4th gen finally dies

>6th gen
the tradesman deluxe
hardly is there a plumber or chippy without one

>7th gen
rich farmers
semi rural urban types
the boss or construction foreman

>8th gen
who are these people and what madness drives them
they might show up on a life style block looking like monopoly man

I do, but I'd like to trade her in for a Vandura or something. Hauling people is better than hauling air.

>be in deep south
>trucks are all overpriced shit
>rednecks everywhere hauling shit
>don't want any of them or have this need
>get low mileage S2000 for comparitve peanuts because nobody wants it
All according to plan

I do have a truck. 35 years old. Works like a champ.

1+ a truck in use is a rare thing ; -

>cab longer than the bed
>Truck
I don't get it. Why not just buy a Suburban?

Suburbans don't have a bed. Thus you can not put something in a Suburban bigger than the body. I'm going to let you in on a well kept secret that nobody on Veeky Forums seems to know, the #1 reason people buy trucks happen to also be what makes them so unique, it's because they have a fucking BED.

Had a 1999 ranger. Sold it because I didn't haul anything and wanted to go faster for less fuel.

as does this

I got rear ended last month and my truck was totalled. Insurance gave me $8700 when I only paid $7000 for it 2 years ago so I can't complain too much I guess.