2017 NSX vs. 2016 Z06

2017 NSX's performance stats:
573 HP | 476 lb-ft | 3803 lbs curb weight
0-60 = 2.9 seconds
1/4 = 10.8 seconds

caranddriver.com/features/2016-acura-nsx-dissected-powertrain-chassis-and-more-feature

2016 Corvette Z06
650 HP | 650 lb-ft | 3524 lbs curb weight
0-60 = 2.95 seconds (auto)
0-60 = 3.2 seconds (manual)
1/4 = 10.95 seconds @ 127 (auto)
1/4 = 11.2 seconds @ 127 (manual)
hotrod.com/news/2015-corvette-z06-clocks-0-60-in-less-than-3-seconds/

a car with less power (77 HP and 174 ft-lb less) and more weight (279 lbs) is faster than its opponent with more power and less weight.

are you ready for the new "American pride"?

Yeah but one is actually a car, and the other is an automated "driving" "experience".

Fuck. Here we go again...

>thinking it ever ends on Veeky Forums

I don't like either Corvette's or Honda's.

But as they say - "Just because your civic is faster, doesn't mean it's better than a Ferrari"

So no, I'm not interested in buying a fast Honda.

Honestly, the shit throwing aside, I don't fucking get Honda at all

All they have that they can throw into the sporty pile right now is the Civic Si/Type R when it finally gets here, and they decide to jump right the fuck to a 160K car to get back into the sports car game?

You couldn't have brought back the S2000 at a 30-40K price point to compete against the GT86/Miata/Fiat 124/SLK/Z4/TT?

Honda is an appliance manufacturer, through and through. The new NSX honestly goes to further that point, with how electronic and "advanced" it is.

>Honda in charge of doing anything right since the S2000 died

it's their "halo" car. ever manufacturer has one or recently had one these days. with the upcoming release of the CTR, we can certainly expect to see the S2000 return in the near future.

I get that it's the 'Halo' car right now, but it still doesn't make any fucking sense. You would have gotten WAY more interest/people back into the brand with a GOOD revival of the S2000, then you could have rolled out the NSX as an example of what the brand can do at the very top.

As is, most people aren't going to give a flying fuck about a new NSX, because Honda hasn't done anything interesting in the US market lately to justify the interest.

And because we are getting the NSX, the S2000 will suck, because shit like that doesn't scare down. Fuck, Lexus/Toyota proved that with the LFA and the RC F. LFA is amazing, but when they tried to scale it back to a lower cost platform like the RC F, they lost the magic.

Even if the NSX turns out to be a great car, they will try and turn the new S2000 into a low budget clone, and even if the GT-R Muh electronics work for the NSX, it won't in the S2000

yet they can make this..

comfy as fuck

Overpriced and slow, just like the original nsx

There's been a waiting list for the NSX forever, so it's not as if no one was interested.
And why not? The original NSX was also not a fucking cheap car and people bought it

>unironically drives an autotragic just to be 1/4th of a second faster for less enjoyment

*unpopular opinion*

Look at Nissan. Same thing with the GTR.

Even the 370z is a pretty shit car. On pay with the Civic Type R. Why not build something to compete with the M3/C63?

The original NSX was also approved by fucking Senna as a driver's car, and not a numb electronic laptime-mobile.

literally the camry of private jets desu

i would buy it anyway tho

A waiting list for a limited production run car is no surprise, but what I am saying is the NSX isn't getting anyone into the Honda brand that wasn't already into it. A good reboot of the S2000 would have, this is just spank bank material for existing Honda fans. Yes it will sell, cars of it's nature always do, especially in the first few years of production

My point is just that I would have rather seen Honda come back to the sports car fight with the a really good reboot of the S2000 first, instead of throwing out a pointless numbers only 'muh electronics' Halo car that does nothing to grow the brand

>Nissan actually builds something that could crash anger management classes with the C63

A man can dream. At the end of the day, Honda, Toyota, and Nissan all suffer from the same disease, just to different degrees of severity.

>electronic laptime-mobile

well shit, guess what? we've progressed since then, and when you have 573 hp at your disposal, having a manual transmission is probably your least concern.

Yeah but the NSX is an AWD hybrid disaster designed by a woman for plebs who can't drive a car themselves

> nsxr
Cherry pick the super ultra expensive model lol
And it's still slower around the default time attack track of Japanese sports cars (tsukuba) than hopped up lancers and mazdas

Slower than a camry

that doesnt mean they didnt have the capability to produce fast car. older japanese sportcars were limited in power due to the stupid "gentlemen agreement" as we all knew.

>n-no
>i-it doesnt count
>muh go kart track

kek, i see someone's butt is still sore

> no no let me cherry pick a track where only a handful of cars were tested

Didn't even see I was replying to the famous LPG.

I love your sales story threads.

Any good stories from the trenches this last week?

Why would you respond to a shitpost?

How come the new NSX always seems to look bland? Too much generic shitbox styling?

He posted a Tales thread less than a week ago. Check 4plebs using his trip to get a lot of stories.
EVERYTHING IN OUR BRAND MUST HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME FACE NO MATTER HOW SHITTY IT LOOKS

MUH BRAND RECOGNITION

Not really. I posted a tales thread a couple nights ago with the latest stuff.

I am dealing with a customer this week however that will likely end a tales worthy story lol

Who cares though? Drive what you want and let other people drive what they want.

A huge portion of people will never see those 0-60 figures anyway. They'll lack the skill or scare the shit out of themselves when they do try to get their foot into it.

I wasn't referring to launch control either way though more people than not couldn't even tell you how to turn launch control on in their cars.

My second point still stands.

>most people don't know how to turn on launch control
Can you cite that with facts? You're clearly talking out of your ass. Besides different cars come with different systems. Some easier than other.

Why would you respond to Alphonse?

Can you please start using a trip so I can filter you? You're more obnoxious than him. "WHY WODULD YOU RESPOND 2 ALHPNSE?!!HURRRD DDUUUURRRR!!!!!" """

Well excuse me for trying to educate you dipshits.

>literally newer than alphonse himself
>trying to "educate" anyone
Ugh.

I actually pre-date alphonse posting as user.

>blatantly lying on the internet
I wonder why somebody would do this. Oh, right. Insecurity.

You asked for the trip, feel free to filter anytime :^)

Believe it or don't.

>Can you cite that with facts?
>Most people
I said more people than not, not "most".

I like how you completely ignored by second point. Facts sure get in the way of what you want to believe hey?

>Besides different cars come with different systems. Some easier than other.
No shit Sherlock.

>responding to Alphonse
user, stop.

I'm mocking them anyway. They already look like an idiot.

You're giving him replies. Not that he particularly cares, he just enjoys shitting up the board regardless if anyone actually falls for his bait, but still.

Yes, I ignored your point because it's retarded and illogical. Literally anyone can use launch control. And saying "it would scare them" is dumb as shit because nobody buys a 650 HP car and gets "scared" of launch control.
>projecting
Kill yourself moron.

Noted.

Must have a really fulfilling life to spend their time shit posting.

He literally does nothing but shit up the board. These are some of the most articulate, non-shitpost posts I've seen from him. Go on 4plebs and look through his post history. Searching "alphonse" as a username will bring up all variations apart from this one.

>some retard ITT thinks you will never reach the manufacturer 0-60 claims
>he thinks using launch control requires "skill"
>he thinks somebody is going to buy a 100k car 600+ hp car and get scared when it comes to time to do a 0-60 run
>gets mad and calls it bait when he gets his points refuted
Veeky Forums in a nutshell.

>Appliance manufacturer
Yeah, tell me about Chevy's claim to fame, was it Moto GP, F1? Their sportscar? Oh no wait, it was their bankruptcy and subsequent bailout.

Fucking KEK

this pointless argument has forces me not to care
the only winning move is not to play

>Designed by a woman
You have no fucking idea what an exterior designer is do you?
Exterior refers to shit like lights and trim.

The concept was already out in 2012 before she had joined that team.

Inb4
>But muh autoblog

>approved by fucking Senna as a driver's car
then the moment he died they undid all the chassis stiffening he insisted on

[Citation needed]

lol shallow fan boi who does not know the lore
I ant gotta spoon feed you

Where do you fags pull this shit from? No one says this. No professional ever says this. Ever. No one thinks you're hardcore. No ones buying into your ruse.

GTFO with your buzzwords, fag.

I'd still pick a naturally aspirated V8 over twin turbo V6. Don't want my cars to sound like vacuum cleaners.

Uh, one of these two cars is all-wheel drive.

To be honest, I would have been happier with a classic Honda I4 in there than a V6. Just make the redline something ridiculous and I guarantee it would be more fun and sound better than the V6.

wait the honda is awd and just barely pulls better stats

lol

i wonder what the price comparison is between these two. hell i wonder which one sounds better, yet im pretty sure i already know the answer

They are coming out with a q60/skyline/g37/fucking infiniti naming scheme, twin turbo V6 with around 400hp. They are trying at least.

>Makes bullshit claim
>Can't back it up
The chassis got stiffened, as did the suspension, not the other way around.

You tried though.

>comfy as fuck
If you consider a coffin cozy, sure

I've never heard a coffin user complain about space.

The real comparison should be between the 2017 NSX and the C8 Corvette. Both are mid-engined.

supposedly the C8 will be using a new quad cams V8, hopefully flat plane as well.

>muh feels

cancerous fags

the new NSX is great

>implying the sport trim Accord Coupe V6 isn't a modern Prelude
It even has shitpostable burgering lap times

The S2000 is coming back with a turbo. The Accord 6-6 Coupe hits 13s stock, The Si will get a 30+ hp jump

>Buy a car to benchrace instead of something that's nice to drive
>Calling anyone cancer

Okay I need to ask about the S2K in case you know any of this.

Manual?
Hard top/coupe option?
0-60?

I would take a special edition stingray over a new NSX. The NSX seems so fake and doesn't even matter. Have they even sold one? Jerry Signfeld doesn't count.

>virtually the same specs for half the price.
Stop advertising for GM you corvette shill

>explodes before it can complete a lap

>The S2000 is coming back with a turbo
citation needed

Why do you have to shitpost with both the cars I like?

>every modern supercar
blame the GTR for that one

There's a waiting list, so they sold quite a few