Bought a v8

>bought a v8
>didn't realise how much fuel they use

Just no.

So you're stupid. Good to know.

Protip: Use your higher gears more.

Stop revving so high, A V8 at 2000rpm is going to use less fuel than a 4 banger at 4000rpm.

Though there is a special place in hell reserved for people that drive V8's or performance vehicles slow because they can't afford the gas.

>13mpg on a good day
>only use premium
>gas prices lowest since forever
>active duty military so gas is even cheaper

what a time to be alive

Commit to it, user.

I've got a 5.0 fox. 23mpg highway. Am I doing good? Can I do better?

>can I do better?
You drive a fox body
>Ford
>mustang
>cuck body
You haven't begun to do anything right

i kind of understand this feel.

i own a 2001 land cruiser and the 4.7 is very, very, reliable and what not, but man is it sluggish as well as a gas pig... my old tahoe got avg 28 on highway

>Good good

You're just mad because I got more torks then your family's tuk tuk.

What is the highest mpg you've squeezed out of your V8, Veeky Forums?

>caring about mpg

Just slow down a bit son, if you cruise gently it won't be that bad. Power uses fuel, so if you're not using power, you;re not really using that much fuel.

Probably this

I see like, 11 in town at best. 13-14ish freeway, not that I even keep track anymore.

>buying a V8 car without active fuel management

30 mpg out of a piece of shit chevy 307.

>my old tahoe got avg 28 on highway
Bullshit.

.73 gears

Your 200hp shitbox must be real fast.

dude i'm all about that AAFES gas. It's usually 5 cents cheaper per gallon for premium than places off base in MD.

Gas on post for us is like 2.04 while off post it's 1.94, I miss winter time when it went down to 1.40

My tuned 335i is making 407 ft/lbs. So no, I'm not

Think positive user, now you have a muh v8, like all benchracers on Veeky Forums want everyone to get. Face it, anything other than a rwd v8 is pleb tier and heresy

I used to get ~25mpg Highway in my Challenger, but most of the time I got around 10mpg because of hoonage.

I drive a 05 Grand Cherokee with a 4.7L V8 and at minimum it will pull like 15 mpg. It usually gets better mpg than that, though.

What kind of V8 are you driving?

My dad's '15 chebby 2500 with the bigger LS can get 21 at best with alot of effort. My 4cyl Colorado is a best truck

What are those GM V8s with the cylinder shut-off like? Anyone on Veeky Forums own one?

inb4 >GM fangirls.

What did you think that it would get 30+ MPG? Mine gets 6-7mpg when tuned for power and about 10-12 at best on highway when tuned back a bit, but I also have 3.55 gears so there is that. I hole shot like a mofo though. Either way, 12 highway is really really good for anything >8L or 500 ci.

jokes on you.
i drive my 4banger at 2000rpm.

You're doin pretty good, but I'm guessing you have a stock rear end. 3.55s will wake it up and only kill a couple mpg.

The turbo 4 engines in Evos and WRXs are also fuel hogs, so don't say that having a V8 is why you burn so much gasoline.

Also, having a V8 doesn't equal having a massive fuel hog. with an LS1 Camaro or Corvette 6-speed manual, you can get about 19 city and 29 highway MPG.

>tfw get 20 mpg average in my car's current modified state
>tfw it got as good as 30 highway when all it had was a cam, LT's, and a Catback

I know not all V8's get great mileage but at least let off the gas and cruise in your top gear for dem sweet MPGs.

Yea stuff is hard to remember

I get 14-16 out of my town car in city, up to 24 on the high way though.

I sometimes wish I got something with a little better mileage though.

Please fuck off
I can't believe you would actually keep posting here

>bought V8
>slow
>sounds like shit
>horrible economy
>replaced with 80s turbo 4
>better in every way

V8 a overrated

>things that never happened

Yea, you fucking told that stupid cunt

I used to drive my old mustang around at like 1600-1700RPM in town. Most of the time pulling 21-23mpg city. All dat low end torque. Short shift the shit out of it.

For perspective, my Audi urS6 gets 19mpg in town no matter fuck, and it's a 2.2L motor.

Fucking AWD pigfat oodi.

I live in the US its pretty easy to to

tfw my v8 mustang gets the same millage that my turbo v6 gets, but my v6 sho is wayyyy faster.

Learned about that pitfall a while back
Just be glad you still have your senses intact and recognize your mistake

>A V8 at 2000rpm is going to use less fuel than a 4 banger at 4000rpm.

clearly this man understands absolutely nothing.

Inb4 shitstorm

I'm gonna guess around 14-15 city and around 19-20 highway.

anything with a cuckomatic is going to chug gas no matter what

They are dogs and only help on the highway by 1-5 mpg but lag and turn on more at an inconvenient time. Side by side my Colorado is more responsive to inputs and just as fast down low as a v8. The only thing I can't do is tow a car trailer or comparable boat.

>driving my moms windstar v6
>get 10mpg or like 13 if i drive like a 80yr old man
>friends v8s get like 15
>mfw

Is it because its almost 20 years old or what the fuck?

>Am I doing good?

No, I have a tired 5.0 in my 1998 AWD explorer with 220K miles that got 21 MPG highway on a 160 mile round trip recently. That includes some city.

Aerodynamics r a hard concept

Nah my Windstar was a shit. Is it a 95-98 with the 3.8 and axod transmission? If so how many times did you replace it? Ford is a shit.

They are not boxy. Nice try though.

its a 99 (2nd gen) but the trannys were equal shit, mom had to replace the tranny at 106k miles and its at 125k atm who knows how long itl last

I know right gas is at an all time low in the last 10 years

>herp
>derrrp

>coulda had a 1.8

something is clearly wrong.

See:My old explorer weighing over 5000 lbs with people in it got 21 MPG. I am meticulous about maintenance, also I run the tires at 35 PSI which increased economy.

check, spark plus, plugs wires, fuel filter, air filter.... I replaced all this and MPG + power went up. I remember replacing the plugs, I remember a new sharp kick from the engine after I replaced them, gave me back some power for sure.

If you think that a van has even remotely acceptable aero compared to a sedan then you have much larger issues and I do not wish to argue with you

it had a tune up recently and they replaced all that shit so i dont think so

On topic: when i floor the accelerator it wont ever go past like 3500rpms (al though if its in P it will rev to redline) IDK if its because the tranny is shit or maybe it has a vacuum leak or some shit.

>when i floor the accelerator it wont ever go past like 3500rpms

Id assume this is part of the problem.

Could be a failing fuel pump. But yeah, first thing id check is a clogged fuel filter. They dont always change these unless specifically requested. You could probably easily tell if its the OEM one or recently replaced one if you look.

>drive 2002 Dodge Ram with the old 5.9l gas engine
>13-14 MPG everywhere I go

Not that it really matters when I only drive 6k-7k miles a year.

Interdasting, they did say they were gonna replace the fuel filter but sometimes when i turn the van on i have to turn it for like a few seconds before it catches, so i guess fuel pump might be dying

Fuck it im gonna force my mom to sell the piece of shit before she decides its a good idea to put more money into it

itll matter if gas ever gets back to $4 a gallon.

Funny enough, when gas was like 1.70 a gallon the value of gas guzzlers went up. 2 years ago my explorer was worth $1000 black book value and recently I checked and it was $1500 and that's with another 10K miles.

>i have to turn it for like a few seconds before it catches

Uh yeah, thats one of the sure signs of pump failure. def get that looked at or changed. one day it just wont start at all.

$4 a gallon is still going to be under $2k/yr fuel cost for me, not a big deal.

>Funny enough, when gas was like 1.70 a gallon the value of gas guzzlers went up
How is that funny? It makes perfect sense for the market to adjust itself like that

>2000 Ram with 8.0l V10
>12-13 mpg

>How is that funny?

Because its typical of people to do things like this. They cant deal with a gas guzzler when times get rough but there more than willing to buy one when times are easy.

Fuck em, ive had it since 2008 and kept it the entire time.

Hey, that's pretty good.

It's pretty bullet shaped with a sleek windshield. not as bad as an Econoline or aerostar. Minivans are more aerodynamic than conversion vans/trucks. My moms needed her '96s replaced twice. I got it in 2007 and by 2008 I had to put its fourth in and when that one died at 134k we gave it to kidney car for that juicey juicey tax breaks inside.

>bought a four cylinder
>shocked at how much fuel it uses

>he fell for the v8 meme!!

Holy shit dude we were just joking!

>2086
>bought a one cylinder 8-stroke
>shocked at how much fuel it uses

>le cuck meme

> turbo 4s are fuel hogs

they aren't nearly as bad off boost though, so when you're cruising down the highway it should be the same as any 4 cylinder.