/rwg/ - Rimworld General

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq

Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

I'll repost it

How the fuck do I get food in the Ice sheet biome pre-hydroponics

fellow colonists

The animal you come with.

Cargo pods

Traders

People

Fucking Nothing

It's blind luck if you can research food production and get food going before people go insane or starve to death.

It's also the most boring biome once you get things running. Minimal seasonal variation and you won't get a bunch of events, or the events won't be a real problem, because of the empty and cold landscape.

by restarting with vegetable garden

some basic tips on how to play would probably be a good idea for OP post

for example shooting at wildlife is the best way to gain XP in shooting skill, using a handgun at night while an animal is sleeping is the fastest way I've found

I do it until I reach the learning cap and then send them to do their other tasks

biggest tip you can give someone new is to never use steel for furniture or anything that could be built with blocks, including walls,

Anyone else run a sweatshop?

Disnof rushed electricity and started growing rice. He also had few lucky manhunter packs, but I think rushing electricity is the way to go.

organ shop, cloth stuff is such a turn off with vegetable garden on, considering turning it off, whoever thought the cotton shit was a good idea should off himself

I would disable cloth clothes but I cant copy and paste bills and details and I'm too lazy to go through the tailor benches

just use the colony manager mod

Is there a way to increase the bleeding wounds cause? It's silly that sometimes people take days to finally bleed out. I like combat realism but this mod is bugged af atm.

Someone give me an idea for a tough custom start.

20 colonists
1 silver
19 survival meals

Pirated this today, just lost my first colony.

Apparently storing human bodies in my walk-in freezer is a bad idea because it makes people go mad.

This is why you make your guys cannibals, user.

20 colonists
1 meal
1 gun
one pack of manhunting wolves
ice sheet biome

>tell doges to stay in their safe animal zone during raid
>they all Rohirrim charge the enemy

apparently a megatherium can carry 300 instead of 75 items. let's see how useful it is

Is there any way to totally clear the work priority table? Sometimes I need to change things up and it's easier on my head to do it with a blank slate.

not many items stack to 300

true, but let's see if it can carry several stacks. i already grew fond of it

did they get bonded to their trainer who is also a soldier you enlisted to fight in a raid?

well not bonded, if your soldier has trained them in obedience/release they will always follow them once you enlist that colonist to fight

Yes I know, they follow their masters in to battle rather than respecting animal zones. Really fucking stupid if you ask me. If I want the animals to stay in their animals, I want them to stay in their animal zones.

I think you can tell them to switch Owner to a non combatant colonist if you want to spare them from that battle.

I took the Vegetable Garden mod and removed everything except for the metal leaf plants.

Any interest?

>start new game
>100% pain instantly
I think that arm might have been installed incorrectly

lol what are that characters traits?

Anyone else having issues with the combat realism mod and the ED-Embrasures mod? They no longer shoot through the Embrasures while both mods are active.

no medical conditions other than 2 stabs scars. shouldn't that be around 15-20% pain?

You need a patch to get them to play nice.

In other news, I still cannot make a Guest Bed. Strange.

This is one of my master race engineered starting colonists with prepare carefully, I have no idea what's causing this but it must be either the arm or the scars or something because that's the only real difference. She seems to be unconscious due to how much pain she is in.

Why are the save names of my colonies different than the names that I named them in the pop up?

you can unselect them and leave them masterless

otherwise they will always follow

I just give them to my snipers for some extra defense

i'm not sure what's the cause of your problem is, but if you give someone the trait green thumb but the colonist has a backstory that makes him incapable of doing plant work the colonist has growing and plant work always activated. same with violence and hunting.
maybe something similar happened hear.

and sorry for the bad english, not my native language

>Power flickering on and off
>Slabs of human meat littered outside
>Naked woman wandering around and gibbering to herself outside
>Doctor has gone berserk and killed her lover
>Lover lying in a pool of his on blood

Maybe the Arctic wasn't a good place to attempt my second game

>english is not his native language

your opinion = trash

>ASL faggot
Yeah no, fuck off shitskin.

is there a way to assign orders based on item type? for example i want to cremate cloth shirts but not cremate devilstrand shirts

Click the details button.

I think it was probably just some bug related to starting with scars and probably something to do with the mods I have installed, I just restarted without the scars and it was fine. Fortunately doesn't matter because I was literally about 10 seconds in.

The two women just simultaneously KO'd each other

that just lets me choose what items to cremate (shirts, pants, etc), but not the type (cloth, devilstrand, etc)

It sounds like thats what you want

Do you mean to prioritize work based on item type?

why did a dry thunderstorm just kill all my hydroponic crops in a few seconds?
WHY

Must have zapped your power lines somewhere.

>keeping hydroponics outdoors

so why cant a single colonist apply first aid to himself? makes the single character start off with medkits pointless. or trying to do a solo run impossible once you sustain an injury.

what's the name of that patch? that would be very helpful.

it's literally impossible. why doesn't he start with gun turrets researched?

oh. he does.

When do I get my AI core?

You have to kill an AI ship.

i thought i'd be clever and place the hydroponics behind the wind turbines to save space ;_;

Unless you have 0 ferile land, that kinda ruins the point of hydroponics doesn't it?

I had no fertile land, it was a hell desert of madness and cannibalism. At one point I had to sell slaves and harvested organs to a travelling merchant group only to use the silver to buy their black panthers which I used to attack them so I could eat them and then the panthers.

>unga bunga caveman wearing shitty tribal rags gets riddled with 10 bullets
>doesn't take any sort of permanent or impairing damage
>my hulking tank in masterwork power armor gets hit by one arrow
>his entire fucking arm falls off

>Psychic ship crashes into the dead center of my compound
>smashes right into my only geothermal reactor
>sets it on fire and blocks me from putting out the fire without destroying the ship first
>Centipedes pour out
>blow up most of my hospital

That was... messy. Casualties were surprisingly low, though.

>traits
>trigger happy
>beatiful
>optimist

>double fire
>melee 10
>social 8
>mining 2

mostly i want to keep her as a frontline fighter or just let her clean everything while being the waifu of one of my colonists.

do you guys ever use medicine on prisoners?

i mostly treat even my own colonists without medicine or just herbal medicine.
most of the time i just put all my medicine on forbidden. i don't want 10 medicine used after each time a prisoner rages

having gun turrets does not stop him from getting injured, dont pretend like it doesn't happen.

>4 infections

ripperinos

>only 4.6mm.jpg

>constructors get plague and die even with constant care and high immunity development beds
>no one can maintain things
>winter
>everything is breaking
>including everyone's mental states

>gun turret: 175 steel
>solar generator: 100
>battery: 50

i don't pretend it doesn't happen. i'm facing the reality that you can fight of all the waves until you get your second colonist with building gun turrets while your colonists desperately masturbates to cave drawings he drew on his own with feces

>Play single character
>Get Malaria by chance on day one
>cant use medkits to heal yourself
>gameover

its not about enemies you noonga, random illnesses will get you and the colonist cant do shit about it. you could wait for another colonist to arrive, but you will probably die before that.

she survived without any medicine! highest medic skill was 10.

close before developing immunity the next treatment started and one of my doctors went to treat her.
the very moment she developed immunity she went berserk and beat my doc down.
thanks, i guess

i use mostly herbal medicine, and set colonist to normal medicine or glitterworld if it gets bad or if it's surgery

Strip her and give her clothes to the doc

poor you, that you wasted 5 minutes of playtime after your colonist got ill on his very first day. do you need a tissue?

>still denies that using medicine on yourself should be a thing

do you enjoy being a cunt?

why even argue for a situation that never happens?

It doesn't never happen, clearly. Even if it's an unlikely thing, it should be accounted for. And really, why not?

>situation that doesnt happen
>yet it can and does.

fucking love that transponder mod

now I gotta figure out what upgrades to get

I suppose if by chance you got a cold in real life, you wouldn't be able to treat yourself right?

He won't need to when his mom's just upstairs.

just an update from yesterday: cryptosleep does not effect the needs of a character. had someone terribly sad because her husband died, negative effect for over a season, put her in a cryptocasket in the hope that it'd go away without her just walking around, being useless and eating my food

doesnt work

top banter m8

How do i icesheet?
I usually starve to death before I get any decent hydroponics set up

>the night fists have contacted you, they are willing to trade back the hostage for 1090 silver
>not enough silver
>have 1300

UHHH, BACK THE FUCK OFF?!

but it is accounted for. you're fucked for not getting someone to join you. only a backstory prevents a colonist from treating someone.
some events are scripted for phoebe and cassandra. ever noticed how you always get a wanderer at a certain day? or how the very first wave is always single melee guy?
show me a single unedited savegame without randy as storyteller where you get sick before the first wanderer joins. other storytellers simple don't allow it.
the storytellers even make it more likely to give you new colonists if you are below a certain number.
ever noticed that the guy from the first wave almost ever survives?

your move to explain me while you still need it so desperately even though it's accounted for

I suppose if by chance you got only one leg in real life, you wouldn't be able at all to move around, right?

>letting your people be taken alive

I usually put one in their heads as they're being dragged

Any tips for ranching? I just bought 5 fertile cassowary eggs, and I'm wondering what's the best way to feed them. Do I just grow hay or give them nutrient paste or just let them eat grass?

Was it all near a trade beacon?

>you're fucked for not getting someone to join you
>cant get a random event for someone to join before you die of something that should be easily treatable by a single person

why are you purposely ignoring how dumb that sounds?

grass and those birds are only useful as easier to feed and less powerful cougars

Won't they lay more eggs though? They're just big chickens after all.

Which is the harder biome; Ice shit or XTREAM dessert?

dessert, diabetus will bring your colonists to their knees

yeah, but nowhere near what chickens do

even turtles lay more eggs

did you purposely ignore how i explained that at a certain day always a wanderer joins and that the first raider has a high probability to survive so that you can prison him and afterwards recruit? also the storytellers won't even make you sick before a certain day

so yeah, you're fucked for not getting someone to join you because the game literally tries to bring you to a certain number. even randy.

it's like arguing that 3 crashlanders won't likely survive on ice sheet if none of them can research or has growing below 5.

>tribals show up in parkas

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>digging into a mountain for that sick troglodyte cred
>'mountain was actually a tiny barrier and all that time is wasted.

Jesus user.

Make the cremaTOR have a radius and only haul shit you want to burn next to it via stockpiles.

Could anyone rip the cruise and napalm missiles from the glitterworld mod and make it its own mod? I want the intense destruction of the cruise missiles and napalm without all the other nonsense.

>dig into your valley for /comfy/ cave base
>AREA REVEALED
>put several IEDs down the single file mineshaft to deny open area to potential drop pods
>your colonist builds the IED closest to your base first so when they return they trip the mines on themselves

what a cute little backyard, this changes everything

this game really needs some kind of sonar mod to know what is inside mountains.