Shop owners: Present and Future

legislature.mi.gov/documents/2015-2016/billanalysis/Senate/pdf/2015-SFA-4344-B.pdf

>The bill would require a motor vehicle repair facility subject to the Act that replaced a major
component part (excluding the engine and the transmission) during the term of the vehicle
manufacturer's original warranty, or during the first five years of the vehicle manufacturer's
original warranty, whichever was less, to replace the major component part, and an owner or
operator of the motor vehicle repair facility would have to ensure that the major component
part was replaced, with one of the following:
-- A new original equipment manufacturer (OEM) part.
-- A used or recycled OEM part.
-- A part that met any applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards and the standards
for parts recognized as OEM comparable quality as verified by the Certified Automotive
Parts Association, NSF International, or another nationally recognized automotive parts
testing agency.
We can't allow this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Olive_Oil_Association
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why not exactly? It's saying during the warranty period it has to have oem parts in it. Basically no chinkshit for major repairs

>We can't allow this shit.

The chinese make many counterfeit parts and enter them into the supply chain as genuine OEM. My former employer had a similar problem with high strength bolts made in china. They were marked with the proper symbols, but they failed testing. How many buyers were fooled by those chinese counterfeit bolts simply because they don't have test facilities?

>first the EPA laws and then this
>tfw murrifags WILL lose their freedoms in your lifetime
>mfw

Exactly this.

I see a lot of "grade 8" bolts come through my job from a few things we get from china. They're the only reason I ever have to use my extractor set. Chinesium a shit

>thinking this law has anything to do with communism

im not a commie, but you are fucking retarded OP

This was actually a problem with a tow truck body manufacturer that builds the boom assemblies in China. They shipped over a Rotator (Basically a crane) that had a catastrophic failure caused by cheep, wrongly stamped bolts. The owner picked one of those concrete culvert replacement things with it, weighing somewhere like 40K I think, it was pretty big. When it got maybe 7 feet off the ground, the bolts for the turret let go and the whole mast came lose and damn near tipped a brand new truck over.

Of course, they just cleaned everything up, replaced some hydraulic lines and put in proper, American made bolts. Other then ripping off the hydro and electrical lines, it did zero damage to anything else, it was just the cheap shit bolts that broke.

In the previous century, one american engineer wrote an opinion article mentioning his experience with made in china bait and switch tactics with chemicals.

His company needed chemicals of a certain purity and the chinese company had the best priced offer. Always. It drives the american chemical companies out of business as they cannot compete on price. A few months after the they had been receiving chemicals, the purity level began declining significantly.

After he wrote about it, the local chinese cultural group in his area accused him of racism thru his corporate employer in order to intimidate him and his career. It worked and he shut up about the bait and switch. It seems that the purity was only there during the initial purchases when they think the buyer might still be inspecting the chemicals. Once they guess the buyer has stopped testing, the chinese then increase their profits by decreasing the purity. It makes you wonder if they do that with raw metal ingots too.

I see literally nothing wrong with this. Why is it a bad thing to require OEM/OEM equivalent parts on a vehicle still under warranty?

Knee Jerk responses of "Muh Freedom"

Fuck you Chang, I want OEM parts used on my car. Take your cheap Chinese garbage and go home.

It isn't.

The customer foots the bill anyway so why do these fucks care?

If he backed down he either had no balls or was full of shit. Either way it doesn't matter what he claims.

>During the warranty period

It's so you can't replace parts the manufacturer is responsible for with cheap shit, cause a major failure, and then demand a new car

It is not a ban on modifying civics to perform like cars that actually cost money. If anything, it's going to prevent people with proper performance cars from pulling ahead of swapped and riced civics.

Complaints of racism stay on your security record even if no conviction. The chinese culture society is really more of an agent for the chinese government to use american laws against selected citizens to get them to shut up.

By using the chilling effect to keep selected people quiet, there is no general public awareness of the problem.

>Why is it a bad thing to require OEM/OEM equivalent parts on a vehicle still under warranty?
Some people might want to save money by using cheaper chinese pirate parts. With expensive parts, an owner with finance problems would lose the car instead of keeping it drivable.

China can do those substandard parts because it has most-favored nation trade status with USA? That gives them direct access to ship and enter parts into distribution to autozone, o'reilly, and NAPA?

>under warranty
>owner paying repair costs
uwotm8

>It makes you wonder if they do that with raw metal ingots too.
They do. My metallurgy teacher was telling us the same shit happened to him when he was working at some large equipment manufacturer. The US foundries kept getting outbid all around by China and most had to shut down. Six months later China was sending pot metal as high grade steel. There's a few foundries starting to come back now, but it's slow going due to all the EPA laws and just the sheer expense of running a foundry.

So that is how they drive USA industries out of business (unethically) and then bait and switch the quality out of the product once they have no competition. Trump, please stop them! Since Trump is not part of the bribed establishment, hopefully he will do something that both Bill and George wouldn't do.

>So that is how they drive USA industries out of business (unethically) and then bait and switch the quality out of the product

Chinese eyeglass makers are so low-priced that USA companies cannot compete. My large fairly high quality HMO is the dominant one in my prosperous region and even has its own eyewear shops. I never liked contact lens and stuck to glasses using plastic or glass in different situations.

Optical eyewear glass in the USA must meet certain safety standards and is tested. My HMO did test the "transitions" type high-refraction optical glass when it switched from the usa eyeglass lab in california to using the chinese one in china. I eventually got glass "transition" lenses. One day I set them down on a ceramic countertop and an edge chipped off a lense. Hmm. I got it replaced under warranty after 4 weeks (wow so long). A year or so later I dropped the eyeglasses onto the floor and one of the lenses shattered into shards and slivers.

Clearly, the glass did not meet USA safety standards for eyewear glass. The chinese lab must have bait and switched. In the beginning it provides the real thing to the USA medical customer knowing that the customer will test the product for the first few months. After that time period, the chinese lab then switches over to much cheaper material to send to the USA medical care provider. Profit is good and free trade is good. Free trade fans have often said that businesses will regulate themselves with free trade and efficiently provide product to satisfy customers due to competition. In this case NO. More regulations instead of deregulation would have been better such as what the North American Olive Oil Association does to verify consumers get the real thing instead of olive oil diluted with non-olive oil. It regularly samples product by pretending to be a consumer instead of just using test samples from the producer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Olive_Oil_Association

>it's slow going due to all the EPA laws and just the sheer expense of running a foundry.

The USA has the EPA that increases the cost of running a company that generates a lot of pollution in the making of product. Pictured is an example of China's "EPA" at work in reducing the cost of product. No wonder USA companies cannot compete on a production cost basis. The air reaching the usa coast from china is polluted. I can see the pollution rolling in from across the ocean.

Picture shows air quality in the famous Tiananamen Square in China. That air quality is one of the reasons why usa auto parts companies cannot compete against chinese companies using low price.