Hearthstone general /hsg/

There's a lot of steak here

>/hsg/ poll
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSekNLi_xMC9Bwt9X6IZECo8j4fWGDfa9b6Rbo9c5UVdJmhuDA/viewform

>Deck lists, news etc:
tempostorm.com
liquidhearth.com/
hearthstoneplayers.com/
hearthhead.com/
hearthpwn.com/
hearthstonetopdeck.com/
manacrystals.com/
vicioussyndicate.com/category/analysis/

>Arena Help
heartharena.com/

>Open Tournaments:
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

>Deck Tracker:
hsdecktracker.net/

prev

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810
hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Gabe_from_Penny_Arcade
youtube.com/watch?v=nl0UfACY49k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for serious esport game

Damn I love this card. If the opponent has trouble removing it, you got shitloads of pressure for days.

Most of /hsg/ would disagree that HS should ever be taken seriously as an E-sport.

It's cheaper ancient of lore in the form of a spell

these are the kind of people who play Hearthstone
>my brother, 14 gets a shitty apple phone for bday
>whines about having no games until mother tells him to download Hearthstone AND buys him all the adventure and like 500 classic packs to go with it.
>plays it constantly
>literally its like 24/7 nonstop hearthstone
>even after he farmed the gold cap for the day
>he solely plays shaman/warlock/warrior
>remind him that aggro decks are cancer and that only fags use them, as its the easiest shit to use
>brags about his rank 10 like he is tough shit
>mom later buys him a "game pc" just for Hearthstone
>one day notice extension cords coming up from basement
>Unfinished basement, no outlets
>one day have to take the children (my son and daughter, and my brother....) to my fathers house
>parents divorced, mother at school
>brother taking too long
>"hurry up would ya"
>tells me to wait a sec. everyone else in the car been waiting for a while.
>unplug extension cord, cutting power to the basement
>unrepeatable screech echos through the house
>brother runs up stairs red in fury
>starts yelling at me about how he was in some hearthstone competition and he could have won 500 dollars or some shit
>i really dont give a fuck tell him to get in the car
>pulls a shitty 5 dollar cs:go knife from amazon on me
>fucking what.
>punch him in the face tell him to get in the car
>crying all the way to his dads house
> tries to get my dad to call the cops
>dad is just annoyed at him
>I leave
> mfw disappointment runs through my veins. I am related to him by blood.

Is this pasta?

This art style is the worst I've seen for this game yet and the theming just keeps on getting worse

it's basically not like ancient of lore at all in any way

Ben Brode gets questioned on video about the Firelands Portal and Arena balance

>Brode: I guess we can NOT make more powerful commons for Mage and Rogue, and make more useful common cards for shit cards like Hunter, Priest, etc

>Brode: Except I don't think that's the solution, what if I change the way I code arena (Which I don't know if I even can do), or the way that draft in arena works (Which again, I don't know if I can do), or what if arena gets replaced by another play mode, or what if we solution it when new technology comes to Blizzard in some years

>Laughs

>Next question please

THIS GUY IS FUCKING RETARDED

I don't remember this one

>5/5 body
>Heals for 5

That spell
>Heal for 6
>On average you will spawn a 5.2/5.3 body

It's 1 mana cheaper.

What's this new meme you're pushing, Blizzard?

worst art incoming

but u lose the option to draw card for 2 mana so it's balance :DD

t. brode

Trying to get people to make creative decks which will never happen because they're half assing it.

>Kripp literally is so mad from Moonglade Portal being rare and Firelands Portal being common that he is red and hyperventilating on stream
>Rania calling 911

Brode did this on purpose, he is trying to kill Kripp

Zoo druid. Seriously, I've been testing it out today and it's pretty good. Stuff like that murloc that drops a 1/1 taunt, dire wolf, and the dragon egg that pumps out 2/1's.

I knocked some warlock down from 28 health to 8 health on turn five using savage roar with that army spam.

If the low-cost multi-creature trend continues zoo will be insane.

Zoo druid will never work. Warlock can only get away with it because of their broken hero power.

aggroshitters, not even once.

Regardless, I am guilty of bringing Dragon Warrior to competitions and doing reasonably well

Best art coming.

Guys, what if they print a "Call of the Tribes" card that summon a random Beast, Murloc and Dragon?

That would be flood druid.

all arbitrary names for the same shit

also a mech, pirate, and demon.

what will the new meta be like

That's not zoo. Zoo is Murloc, Dragon and Beasts.

>more random shit.

S T O P
T T
O_ _O
P__ __P

It's going to be centered around Nat Pagle otk Priest

exactly the same

maybe more oozes and harrisons

>not liking random stuff in a card game.
youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810

>all this weapon shit
>I got golden Harrison and golden oozes from packs eons ago

Im ready

Hey, hey... wanna buy a... season pass?

I like my meals salty, but I would not eat salt by the spoonful.

Same difference.

should i disenchant dr. boom for a call of the wild

why is this retarded?
look, we all know that arena has gotten more retarded and luckbased compared to classic, because spells get more and more diluted in the cardpool compared to chunky minion temposhit, right?
And wouldn't a great solution to that problem be manual frequency tweaks so that people can see spells more often, arena can go back to rewarding foresight and playing around things, and classes feel distinct instead of being the same curveout bullshit with minor adjustments for your hero power?
and _if_ spells get adjusted to have a frequency or a selection mechanism decoupled from the frequency their printed rarity would suggest, won't that make it really fucking pointless to whinge about such-and-such spell being common and such-and-such spell being rare?

brode and his cronies very little say anything that implies they're even remotely in touch with reality, so it kinda grinds my gears to see people shitting on him for the one time he starts almost approaching an intelligent thought, albeit in his typically evasive manner

no

Just watched the vod. That didn't happen. I'm disappointed.

what does /hsg/ think of this card?

Because he is saying they will not do that.

Nah, that's pretty good.

Compare with pic related, it's fucking hideous

Death Knight class when?

Seem okay. 5/10.

hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Gabe_from_Penny_Arcade

he cant keep getting away with it

He's saying they will not change the design philosophy that prints powerful arena commons for mage/rogue and doesn't print those commons for hunter/priest/etc.
That's not the same as saying they won't change the way arena shows cards during the drafting process, and in fact his answer is about the possibility of making those kinds of structural changes... It's not that the low tier classes don't _have_ good commons (cf. velen's chosen). It's just that they don't have as many of them. There are solutions to the balance problem that don't involve printing new cards. In fact those may be the only viable solutions, depending on how irreparably braindead the other Brodeite card designers are.

>play shitty, budget pirate warrior
>rank 5 in a week stress free
>play full-on miracle rogue
>struggle in rank 20

i hate this game

>Hero Power: Blood Tap: Discard a random card, restore 2 health

Y/N?

They can barely make 5 out of 9 classes viable in the same meta, let alone adding even more classes to the game.

i dont get it

sounds like you already work for the hearthstone design team

That's the worst Hero Power I've ever heard of

Haha is this for real? Jesus christ they aren't even trying anymore. Rename it RNG stone for real and put the meme to rest.

Unless they literally introduce cloned Dark World cards this is this the worst idea I've ever heard. Neg 1 for priests hero power? Fucking never.

Better send your resume in to Blizzard.

The jouster looks ok, but leeroy and kill command are ass.

>inb4 every broken fucking DK ability translates into a broken card

Those who played WoW when Wrath launched can testify that DK was broken as fuck.

like, hell, just look at what happened to warrior when they tried making nice commons that seemed relevant for arena because #arenawarriorsmatter
blood to ichor and ravaging ghoul are shitting over the entire metagame
I have no objections to team 5 looking at that and thinking, y'know, maybe we should be a little gunshy about printing cards to give hunter a leg up in arena, and maybe we should look into balance changes to arena that don't carry the risk of fucking over constructed

what the fuck is a evergreen

the only way I see this happening is by making a new game mode that is basically only classic cards + 1 expansion (that would rotate with every new expansion)
this way, DK would be possible by adding about 19 class cards (10 basic + 9 form expansion) without fucking up standard's meta
after that they could slowly add class cards form earlier expansions until DK had enough to be playable in any mode

throwing DK in standard + classic cards + all expansion cards at once would easily break the game

That's why I said
>Unless they literally introduce cloned Dark World cards this is this the worst idea I've ever heard..

They would have to make actually insanely unbalanced cards, in which case: power creep

Don't understand why they won't just slap a rarity on it for Arena but keep it common for constructed. They have no issue allowing wild cards to show up in Arena so the whole issue of different cards different modes is moot.

Like making this for discardlock/DK

Available to all classes in terms of class cards

>tfw might have to buy the last 3 wings of BRM for the shitty dragon cards

glad they came out with a new adventure this game was beyond dead hopefully it revives it

Going to rotate out at some point in the near-ish future, just saying homie. Dragon decks are probably going to rise in power though for the next 3-4 months if they plan on doing an x-pac early next year.

Glad you asked, from wikipedia

>Evergreen keywords
>These are keywords which may appear in any Magic set, particularly the Core Sets where they are usually the only keywords. They are also used in many expert-level expansions, but in those sets they are printed without reminder text.
>For example, deathtouch, haste, trample, flying.

Now that we are on the subject, analize the following changes that would make Hearthstone a much better card game:

DISCOVER mechanic becomes evergreen.
SECRETS mechanic becomes evergreen and all classes gain access to them.

Neutral cards moved to Classic
>Nerubian Egg
>Sludge Belcher
>Loatheb
>Zombie Chow
>Reno Jackson
>Sir Finley Mrrgglton
>Justicar Truehearth (all the powers are re-ajusted for balance)

Hunter cards moved to Classic
>Webspinner
>King's Elekk
>Steamweedle Sniper
>Call of the Wild

Paladin cards moved to Classic
>Muster for Battle
>Shielded Minibot
>Keeper of Uldaman
>Anyfin Can Happen
>Murlock Knight

Druid cards moved to Classic
>Darnassus Aspirant
>Living Roots
>Raven Idol
>Fandral Staghelm

Warrior cards moved to Classic
>Death's Bite
>Grim Patron (becomes Warrior class only)
>Alexastra's Champion

Mage cards moved to Classic
>Arcane Blast
>Flamewalker
>Mad Scientist (becomes Mage class only)

Priest cards moved to Classic
>Deathlord (becomes Priest class only)
>Velen's Chosen
>Lightbomb
>Dark Cultist
>Museum Curator

Rogue cards moved to Classic
>Tinker's Oil
>Unearthed Raptor
>Tomb Pillager
>Undercity Huckster

Shaman cards moved to Classic
>Ancestral Knowledge
>Lava Shock
>Tuskarr Totemic
>Totem Golem
>Tunnel Trogg

Warlock cards moved to Classic
>Imp-losion
>Demonwrath
>Dark Peddler

Is this Thijs Beast Druid deck still viable?

youtube.com/watch?v=nl0UfACY49k

Please no, let it die
Or fire brode and hire someone who isnt retarded

Are you fucking serious? Discarding a card for one of the shittiest hero powers [Priest] in the game?

Unless the entire class revolves around making discarding a positive thing ,like Warlock, it's fucking awful.

If anything, how about sacrifice one of your minions and gain some effect? And have the class work around self-sac/tokens/deathrattle

They say that with every expansion. They are still here.

But I really want it to die
Brode is fucking Konami level bad with balancing
Have you seen yugioh?
Have you seen recent yugioh?
Its grotesque, brode is swiftly approaching them

>King's Elek
>Literally coinflip for a curve
>Classic

Sort of fine with the rest, but that shit's awful. Though desu, the idea of immortalizing class exclusives is dicks. It means the class is gonna play and look the same for years to come.
I'm fine with immortalizing neutral cards, like Reno or Belcher, but class specific is a bad idea.

fuck, if you deal over 1000 damage the stupid brawl oponent explodes

>beyond dead
>takes three seconds to find a match at any rank

At least Yugioh can contain some fun

Kripp tested that shit yesterday and I was surprised to see that if a minions gets over 2billon stat on attack or thoughness it simply explodes for no reason.

Like what the fuck

fun died a long time ago

The key is to not play YGO and instead shoot the shit with some friends on the console games.

for servers reasons

I agree
I played chaos scientist way back, took a brake then came back for clownblade until they made it into a pendulum deck
Its just not the same, infinite value is simply not as fun as cheesing stuff out

At least Leeroy has the benefit of being an inside joke but I'd do anything to change Kill Command

>nerubian egg
>loatheb
>sludge belcher
>minibot
>mad scientist
>implosion
feels good to never have to see this shit again

>Reno Jackson
>Sir Finley Mrrgglton
>Dark Peddler
feels good that these will soon be good

fuck these gay cards

I miss Teledad ;___;

Didnt they make teledad into that new Kozmo archetype?
I mean good tuners still exist and armades isnt getting any worse

SECRET PALADIN IS DEAD!

blizz problem is that not only they are shit are balance -"babbling book is a good card for arena" levels of bad - but also they refuse to ackowledge their mistakes, which leads to a very stagnent meta, since they nerf cards once in a blue moon and refuse to buff shit tier cards in any kind of way

Nooooo Teledad has too much stuff missing and too many erratas, Kozmo is cancer and plays e teleport and tuners to my knowledge but I don't think it's the best thing atm.

I don't fuck with the game since DN was taken down but I pretty much dropped ygo and fow when I started playing Hearthstone. It was a terrible decision. Although both also suck.

Tbh the more I look back the more I realize their corporate arrogance. Its even in overwatch and sc2.

I played wc1-3 and brood wars way back, I miss old blizz

AGGRO IS DEAD

I was mad af when DN was taken down
I used to just watch the top rated games and meme at people in chat, that was a lot of fun
I may try that ygopro thing

Im in a similar situation to you, I dropped mtg and came to hs because of monetary and portability reasons, since all I played was legacy

I still play cockatrice from time to time though, not as much since my deck is hyper dead.

This is so true. Their arrogance is legendary. Like that Priest interview recently, where they damage controlled the fuck out of it and dodged a proper answer.

Fucking sucks because I love Hearthstone's digital format, and the core system is great, but they have shit for balance and design.

Not to mention they are TERRIBLE at launching new sets. It takes for ever.

Look ar MTG, more shit than you could ever hope to buy. You have a spoiler season almost every month. With HS if you do your dailies and ladder some you can keep up with everything pretty much. I had 7k gold before the last expansion, bought 70+ packs with it and now I'm back at 5k. AND blizz is caving in to give more packs for new players.

>Please no, let it die
>Or fire brode and hire someone who isnt retarded

Consider the following scenario

>Brode gets fired
>They hire a good card game designer from Magic or some other sucessful card game
>We no longer get RNG slapped on all the cards
>Arena and rarity is corrected and all the classes become competitive in that mode
>The competitive scene on ranked becomes balanced and we no longer suffer from aggro decks killing everything on sight
>Control becomes viable without being insuferable or boring
>If we get some unbalanced cards on the meta, they get patched a week after release
>Lore is given the respect it deserves
>Game becomes much more skill based and reading your opponent plays becomes highly rewarding
>Game dies because the autistic braindead players which were 90% of the playerbase go away

It's much more likely than you think.

Agreed. Tha game is what it is, you can't REALLY change its core. But it could be done in a much better way. Also who is the cutie?

This is kinda true, most of the player base is casual who likes it BECAUSE of the RNG. It gives them a chance to compete and rob victories and post their "funny" RNG stories to Reddit for upvotes.

Seriously, if you guys like the MTG system but want something new, try Force of Will. It's a perfect blend of MTG with the best features from HS. (Selective mulligan, guaranteed mana every turn, weapons, "do your turns in any order you want", etc)

Very very slight devils advocate here, but MTG has been doing this for so long it isn't even funny so they can absolutely dive into making sets faaaar in advance. Not to mention they have moderately compotent people making cards compared to RNG-stone.

I think everyone would enjoy this game a fuckload more if they played a bit more fast and loose with balance changes. Instead everyones almost always disgruntled because its so stagnant.

But I am a closet weaboo, I cant be seen in public with force of will!
That would.mean leaving my room!

Seriously though, a friend of mine loves it. All i need is an online app to play it. If you can link me to one im sold, as long as its free.

If magic cards were free that would be great.

Yeah good old R/R really keeping the game fresh from what I've heard. I miss the first couple formats for fow and Scheherazade and co. Stopped playing after the set with Valencia or w/e

I think you can try it at untap.in? Dunno if that's still a thing.

DESU, the game's so fucking cheap right now [they haven't become popular enough to go full Jew I guess] you can make a competitive deck for 60-100 bucks top. Just go to a local if you have a scene, try it out, and join the fun. A real life TCG is infinitely better aside from the cost, and in this case it's not an issue.

People play it on untap but it has a weird UI until you get used to it and it's not official. :c