>LS Swap Edition

Talk about miats
Post your miats

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5564437613.html
youtube.com/watch?v=vXDMl00c8RU&list=PLBEb94kSaSH3ukNoUy98Sn-rgJXlBs1DQ
diigo.com/08l480
maitahonda.com/used/Mazda/2006-Mazda-MX-5 Miata-64a5d01f0a0e0a17261a78842e6dc73e.htm?mycarsr=vdp-recentCars
superfastmiatas.com/JV6 Miata Kit.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

k swap>ls swap

Tfw no roof rack

Clutch pedal has no weight to and is really easy to push in. I'm guessing first bleed the fluids? I already checked the levels(brake and clutch) and they're okay. Besides bleeding it, what else should I do afterwards? Google said it could be the slave cylinder but I'm not sure

If the clutch is light it's either the slave or master cylinder. Usually it's the slave cylinder. Check for leakage on both and replace accordingly. Then bleed and you should be good

Cooler than any LS swap

kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5564437613.html

You have to take the wheel off to get to the slave right?

>kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5564437613.html
CLEAN/10

I'm that faggot that's dreaming of GT350 Voodoo swapping a Miata
But let's be honest, it'd be like 10 years until I could do it, the earliest.

youtube.com/watch?v=vXDMl00c8RU&list=PLBEb94kSaSH3ukNoUy98Sn-rgJXlBs1DQ
Have you guys seen this?

302 with aluminium heads weghts almost as much as an LS

yeah if you take the right wheel off you should be able to see it. Check the rubber boot on the slave if its covered in fluid you slave needs to be replaced.

So my driver's side fog light went out the day after I put new bulbs in. I'm thinking it's the wiring but I can't find any information about it online. All I know is that the NB1 fog lights were port installed, and are some obsolete model from Hella. I'm really bummed, I bought some yellow bulbs so I could have yellow driving lights but now my wiring is all fucked up.

there is no way that engine (or any other DOHC V8) could physically fit in a Miata engine bay. It's going to be way to wide and possibly to tall.

Yes, you are correct, supposedly the Coyote is just barely wider than the actual opening of the engine bay. Pipe dreamers gonna pipe dream yo.

I double checked my fluid levels and the clutch one is really low so I'm going to fill that up then see

Anybody want some fresh Miata juice? Got pic related after I wetvac'd yesterday.

Aw what the fuck user

did you make the warhorse hardtop??

hopefully you know were this is sc br/o/

91 Miata with 115k miles for $3k sound like a fair deal to you guys? I know you niggas are more aware on what's fair or not fair.

I recently finished off a set of RE11As, and am between jobs so I put on whatever shitty economy tires my local shop pushed at me. Holy shit, I can kick the rear out whenever the fuck I want (the fat rear sway bar & lsd certainly help). Amazing in some ways, unsafe in others.

I've had this car for 7-8 years (5 of which I also had a 19 psi STI) and have spent about 20 hours on a track with it, but goddamn it still makes my day whenever I drive it.

Yeah that's about right for these days, actually a good deal for the mileage. If it's got a manual and an LSD then it's a really good deal.

Goddamn Apple device posting shit sideways. It'll probably happen to this pic too...

I know it has a manual, no idea about the LSD. Looks like it might be the base so I assume not. It's got an accident report though, and that makes me somewhat worried.

diigo.com/08l480

warhorse hardtop? I've never heard of it before. I haven't done jack shit, I'm just an internet shitposter. Will probably pick up a Miat this summer though.

need a daily, this popped up in my area. considering it. need it to last at leas 3 years

maitahonda.com/used/Mazda/2006-Mazda-MX-5 Miata-64a5d01f0a0e0a17261a78842e6dc73e.htm?mycarsr=vdp-recentCars

It's open diff for sure.
Pre 93 mazdas had vlsd as an option, but vlsd becomes open diff after some time.

Nevertheless it's still a decent price, assuming it's in a decent condition. Especially if it's some other color than red.

The price seems a bit too high, though don't hold me on that, i don't live in the USA.
For a proper DD i'd look for retractable hardtop version if you have the money. That extra weight is not exactly desirable but in the end the comfort you get with it is worth it.

clean your windshield

one day my boi...one day

How is that ducktail attached? I don't see rivets.

they use a gel type tape.

Idk about any gel tape, but I know of this stuff. Rips paint off before the actual tape comes off.

I'm sure someone's done it, but I kind of want to see a Miata with a BMW engine with a
>///Miata
badge

It would destroy the drive axle and eat the transmission anyway, clearly the miata wasn't designed with power in mind since the connecting rods shit themselves if you push it past 250whp

>real racers don't need girlfriends

Has anyone been able to fit 10cm (4") speakers in their NA headrests?

I've never had that tape peel off my paint, but i use the 3M equivalent.

///MIATA was exactly what I was gonna call it...might keep the mazda badges tho

not sure if I should get an NA because popups or save up even more and get an NC RF (before you say that the RF will handle like shit, note that corvettes exist) for the better handling and safety plus the infotainment screen housing that I can use if the iDrive system is actually needed

i googled and I have not found anyone that has done it

there was one guy that was able to fit a 7 series v12 but that's a luxobarge engine that probably doesn't even rev to 6500 and even then the hood couldn't fit anymore

i called my local bmw dealer.....they don't have any new s85's but they have rebuilt ones (only thing not brand new are the block and heads) for $28,000

the manual from the e60 m5 is about $3500

>tfw I never realized that the groupies in Cars are miatas
Top kek

their names are Mia and Tia for Christ's sake

Goddammit, now I feel like I have to watch Cars.

Ive used it for outdoors stuff and not cars. It will rip off housing paint before the tape actually comes off.

I just want to say I love you Veeky Forums, I have sold my Miata and got an EF hatch

pics of the EF? or the miata?

Is there R34 on these two?

Anybody have any info about the 2.5 NC swap? seems like a pretty inexpensive but powerful setup. this guy is making about 225 whp and 205 tq with the 2.5 and just bolt ons. thats probably about 250 crank hp, sounds like a blast.

if anything ever happens to my NA (knock on wood) I think this would be my next automotive goal.

wait I think that one is supercharged. there is a boost line on that graph, looks like it gets to almost 9 psi

pic related is another supercharged 2.5, 261 whp and 240 ft lbs, super flat torque curve too, pretty torquey actually. this one is 9 psi

LEWD
E
W
D

Thinking about buying some 5mm spacers for the front soon.

Pretty sure R34 is a nissan.

underrated post

So are there any competitive alternatives to a Miata?
Or if you want a Miata type car you have to go with a Miata?

Literally anything.

mifaga fags on suicide watch haha

HOT DAMN!!! love those FD wheels on that NC.

miata's main attributes are: FR, 4 banger, lightweight, 2 seater, convertible

not a lot of options really, at least at the miata price range. E30 comes to mind, not a 2 seater though. E36 is another option, it's a lot bigger than a miata though. some other options: Z3, AE86, S13, S2000, maybe even a 240Z or a 280zx.

if you want to branch out to MR cars there is always the MR2. all 3 gens are good.

>New brakes
>New radio
>New side mirror
>New cigarette lighter

It's gonna be a busy weekend for me and my Miata. Anybody else have projects?

I've been telling myself I'm going to install these this weekend for the past month, but just haven't done it. Maybe this weekend will be the weekend.

Just sell them to me, I'll install them in a heartbeat

here's my to do list

clean drain holes
leaky axle and trans seals
install kill switch
paint hardtop
install belly pan
seafoam
new floor mats
hub centric rings

it never ends

That's like two weekends, three tops. DESU, after doing an engine swap everything else seems like small-time shit.

Cranking that bitch up today and putting the fog light bulb back in. I've been looking at the light itself and noticed that the light was still coming on but all of it was behind the fog light, in the front bumper. I'm dumb af

I wish Ford and Mazda were still hooked up, so Ford could shoehorn a V8 in the ND, redo the front end, and call it a Cobra.

i agree it is small time shit but I barely have 1 day a week to work on my car. maybe I'll do it on Memorial day weekend coming up.

I don't think the coyote or Voodoo would fit, DOHC V8s are really big. I'd totally buy a miata with the 2.3 ecoboost from the mustang though. 310 hp 320 tq. I think it'd fit.

>he thinks doing an engine swap is hard

Hey guys, I'm gonna check out a hard top and bring my Miata over. I don't have Frankenstein bolts on mine, but the seller does on his and is offering them. His car is the same model year as mine. If I end up buying, all I need to transfer the stuff over is a nice long screwdriver right?

Yup, pretty much. Remember to get the side brackets for the hardtop as well. They'll be tight though, so maybe take an electric drill with a phillips tip.

took the car to my first autox last sunday, definitely need to get more seat time, but the car performed flawlessly.

What if all you want is rwd and

>been thinking about a Miata for a while
>already park half of the cars in the house on the road

fuck
I guess when I get my own place it might happen. My parents are thinking of turning part of the front garden into an extended bit of the drive that could fit two cars on if you parked them bumper to bumper, but I don't think they would appreciate me immediately putting a weekend car on there

my miata needs a new tranny
i paid 3500 for the car in november (SD area prices are inflated here) ive put about 1500 into repairs so far, is it worth it? should i sell the car?

Used trannies are $200. Do the clutch and flywheel while you're in there and it'll be less than $400 total.

>Used trannies are $200. Do a stronger clutch and a 7lb flywheel and tap the oil pan while you're in there and it'll be ready for shit tons of boost.
ftfy

Today, my Miata would NOT shift into reverse. It also made a grinding noise going into first and overall hates going from first to second and is ridiculously notchy until it gets warmed up.

Could this be something as simple as just pulling the shiftboot off and replacing the oil in there? I recently got new plugs, timing belt, seals everywhere, whole 60000 mile maintenance, so the transmission fluid SHOULD be good since they say they drained and filled it.

Have you checked the clutch slave? It's a common failure with miatas. Grab the boot on it and if it leaks a bit change it. It might just be low on clutch fluid too.

What about a honda j series v6 swap? There are a couple kits for that and j series engines are fairly readily available.

Never knew those existed! That's an interesting swap

K series has a ton of tuning potential and more aftermarket than the J. plus lots of swap info. personally I'd go the K miata route

It'd be a real "special snowflake" miata but i think thats what makes it fun. I think you can use the stock transmission, too. superfastmiatas.com/JV6 Miata Kit.html

Yeah, but I think it would be different and not to mention it would be great stock.

very true. plus a lot of low rpm grunt (relatively)

5/16/16 11:20:25, jack stand fell on him RIP. You died working on a POS that you tried to fix, but that POS over powered your jackstand and eventually you, I hope you got 95% of the way though posting on Veeky Forums, pushed the accept capcha button and then it said, select more rivers, don't stop selecting until there are no rivers.

before you expired. Assuming your last word were going on Veeky Forums

Looking for cheap things to do to my mx5 to make it more personalised any ideas

if it's looks you're after, then idk

general mods that are cheap/free:
foamectomy, replace sealed beams with halogens, paint calipers, delete charcoal canister, lose the carpets and shit for weight

full retro pimped out interior

well you're a camber kit a way from being a stance fag, might as well get some good coils

>there is no way that engine (or any other DOHC V8) could physically fit in a Miata engine bay. It's going to be way to wide and possibly to tall.

Don't give fucktard busriders like this a pass.

grow some balls faggot

Shit man, is that yours?

yea im going to drop it for handling purposes, under steers at the moment...and its not stansed the tires are just big af

not going race car so if anything interior is importnat

> bought a '98 NB 200km write off auction mx5 because these cars go for 5k minimum in aus
> rebuilt the car
> replacement starter motor
> replacement steering column
> replacement ECU
> replacement master and slave cylinder
> replaced interior carpet and cleaned everything up
> replaced bulbs, siliconed soft-top, new head unit, 6'9 pioneers in the door
> replaced rear main seal, ecu compressor bearing
> probably a few other small bits and pieces

Never going to buy an older car without documentation again, but at the same time the amount i've learned about cars from working on this has been very beneficial.

How much abuse can this handle? I've been taking it up to around 5k RPM very frequently, but never really push past to redline.

If the engine has no major problems, it'll happily rev up and down all day.

20 hours on track with no rollbar?
Ok