Had my first autox

>had my first autox
>fun as fuck

Why doesn't this board have motorsports generals?

Other urls found in this thread:

bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?231691-Engine-problems-on-older-E46-M3-s
m.autoevolution.com/tips-on-what-to-look-for-when-buying-a-bmw-e46-58276.html
bimmershops.com/e46-3-series-common-problems
youtube.com/watch?v=Wqvo_hGER7U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because you can't autocross from the backseat of a bus.

because conefagging is for faggots

>implying you do anything but shit post off the WiFi on your bus

>posted from the back of the bus

>busmind

seriously though I'm posting off the Starbucks Wi-Fi, sitting in my Z3 in the parking lot

>he owns a Z3

king of the bitch baskets

fite me

Z3
Fucken kekd m8

How's that 1.9 treating you

Well at least you admit what you are

Scca and NASA are kinda shit in my area and hard to be competitive in

I run in FAST with my miata and it's really fun
Cheap, nearby, not crazy competition, everyone's very friendly to newcomers

true story

lol. The M44 is a turd

This is the 2.8L with LSD, note the rear fenders

Holy fuck that thing looks trashed.

the previous owner lived in a hilly San Gabriel Valley community and fucked up the bumper on his 45-degree driveway

Also the paint is a super shitty respray

I have a new bumper in the garage

Your overall paint job looks like shit, and clean your wheels for once in its godawful life, holy shit

Dude, the qualcomm parking lot is probably the worst autox in California, but I'm glad you had fun. We live close enough to Willow that you might as well just drive up there for the fun open practice days they have.

bought it that way
shit sucks but I have more important things to deal with, like four cars that won't pass smog

nigga you need to shed that baggage, if you get me.

Which one, the Geo Metro, Saab 9-3, MR2 Turbo, or the other Z3? kek

The Z3, BMWs are cancerous garbage

>SCCA
What a cuck

Jesus fucking christ. How many garbage vehicles do you need? Sell 3 of them and buy a decent one at least

the saab for sure. You probably aren't capable of caring for it properly, and parts for it are hard to find which is why it's in danger of not smogging. You should probably dump one of the Zs, too, whichever one looks better.

I can't handle all these feels, yo. no car deserves to be abused like that. You're a monster.

>bmw are cancerous garbage
Sounds like someone in a 325 broke your poor little red light racer heart. Sorry you can't do your own maintenance or afford parts, the e46 is one of the best vehicles ever made

Well this picture triggers my OCD. Part in the right order ffs!

>1999 9-3
>parts hard to find

just lol

Smog is coming up in July, it won't pass because it has a cone filter, need to buy a T7 airbox to fit the swapped turbo

>BMWs being good at anything besides breaking window regulators
Top kek m80

What part of cali are you in? That parking lot looks familiar

>325
>breaking anything but itself
>e46 is one of the best vehicles ever made

My sides are gone

Some of us autists actually have ocd

>he misspelled park if I don't call my mom she'll die

Literally kill yourself

this is right off University and the 215

I'm more interested in HPDE than AutoX, but hopefully I'll just be doing both soon.

true story, the passenger side regulator in one Z3 is busted and the other Z3's is on its way out

Poor fags who have never owned a decent vehicle detected. Stay ass blasted

The E46 and E39 are objectively the best sub 10k used cars you can buy in 2016. You are a brainwashed retard

>dipshit who thinks BMW is a "decent car"
Learn to greentext newfag

>buying any BMW
>let alone a used one for 10k
You can't be this retarded

Do you know how I know that you know absolutely nothing at cars? I've read your posts

as I said you are a brainwashed retard
enjoy your fwd shitbox

>being this retarded
Shiggy

One day you'll have a decent vehicle user. Mommy and daddy might have to help you get it though. Like everything else in your life

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. You are embarrassing yourself

Because BMW is a piece of shit and you're a brandwhoring fanboy?

Looks like the brandwhore IDF arrived

Guess why BMW became a popular brand then you stupid fucking imbecile
BMWs are god tier

What are you basing your opinion off of? Owning one? Driving one? Or being a weeb that thinks a fwd econobox is superior to everything that you can't afford?

Seriously you are embarrassing yourself. So tell us why you think they are pieces of garbage. I own two e46, and they are the best all around vehicle on the used market for my purposes

Oh wait, you cant

guys pls

it's just a Z3

it's not like we're struggling to defend the honor of Bavaria or anything

>being this ass blasted
>having baseless opinions
It's sad really

>God tier

That's not how you spell Porsche

The only one who's embarrassing themselves is you defending a shitty brand, I've driven and owned E30s, E34s, and an E46 and stopped because they're are overpriced, over hyped pieces of shit compared to the true German brands of Porsche and MB, stay cucked

So is defending BMW

E30, E34, E46 are overpriced and Porsche/Mercedes isnt?
Are you even trying?
I own 2 BMWs and a Mercedes and for pure driving pleasure I choose BMW every day.

Post your porsche then
>porsche
>reliable
>easy to maintain
You really are retarded aren't you?

>pieces of shit
Yet you still haven't said why lol
>mb
>porsche
>not overpriced
Kek. You should try to find more straws to grasp for

Delicious BMW fangirl tears

>still can't come up with a single reason why they're shit
Kill yourself

your z3 makes me sad

atleast it makes me feel better about my z3

nice hardtop

you gotta de-nogrify it though, dem wheels

>interior pieces break after a few years of owner ship
>electrical issues out the ass
>water pumps with plastic parts that are prone to failure

You just described a 1991 E36 3 series issues
Literally none of the issues apply to any BMW from 1996 and above (starting with E39, E46)
A 400k mile E46 interior will be rock solid with no rattles

Anyway those issues are not proper reasons to call BMW shit as a brand and you are still a retard

>calls others faggots
>drives a Z3

You win at either baiting or being a dumbfuck.

That's complete bullshit and you know it, the e46 still had the cooling system issues

>ultimate driving machine
>won't drive because it can't because of shit engineering
I'm not the retard here

>does a quick Google search to try and save face
>still falls short
Wow, yeah, what was I thinking buying 2 bimmers when the interior might start looking bad and I might have to do standard maintenance?!

Neither of those issues affect the e46. Google harder next time

Wrong again, still has the same cooling issues with added major engine malfunction issues as well!

Fun story about why I dislike autocross
>Be driftfag
>Go to open track days at my local track a few times a year. Literally the most fun I've ever had. Track is open from sunrise to sunset. Lenient tech inspection. You can do whatever you want on the track.
>Local track one day says that a local car organization paid them to be the exclusive user of track from now on. All events go through this organization.
>It's the local SCCA chapter.
>They only do autocross events at my fav track
>Know nothing about auto-x. But really want to keep using the track.
>Decide to enter since it's cheap
>Don't give a fuck about anything autocross or SCCA, just want to run free on my track.
>Track day comes...
continued

:^)

I have nothing against conefagging itself but sometimes its practitioners get elitist attitudes toward canyon carvers

It didn't though. I have had one since 04 and the other since 2010. Neither have had those issues, nor have I ever heard of a stock cooling system starting problems when maintained properly

Wow, you got the one example that didn't shit itself even with proper maintenance, still doesn't mean that they don't have the issue

>major engine malfunction
Such as? I'm enjoying this. You're a plethora of misinformation. How's your mom's civic treating you?

>added major engine malfunction issues
what the fuck?
What engine malfunctions? BMW inline sixes are some of the toughest production engines, it is hard to actually ''kill'' them.
Speaking out of your ass, please stop embarrassing yourself

>engine malfunction
You have no clue about bmw inline sixes. You just proved it

Let's see. I'll break this down.
You went with the "baseless opinion" bait. That's an old yet effective method. I'll give you 6/10 for bait selection.
You went the easy way. We BMW fags are pretty sensitive about internet hatred so that's minus points. 2/10
Last but not least, you stayed on topic the whole time. You proved time and time again that you have no knowledge whatsoever about what you're talking about. Internet memes were spouted. Nothing was backed up. 8/10 execution.
5.5/10 bait but I'll give you 1.5 bonus points for an overall score of 7/10 for flawless execution and quite a few replies. Not bad but work harder next time. Have a nice day, friend!

Calling all BMW fags to cease and disist. You've already gotten BTFO'd so there's no point in further derailing the thread.

Look into the S54

Read above, also the bearing issue with the water pump would also cause the engine to shit itself

Whats wrong with the S54?
The S54 is literally the best n/a 6 cylinder engine ever produced. It is unkillable unless its running with no oil or coolant.

>look into it
Like the one in both of my engine bays?

stop while you're behind. You have no clue what you are talking about

bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?231691-Engine-problems-on-older-E46-M3-s
m.autoevolution.com/tips-on-what-to-look-for-when-buying-a-bmw-e46-58276.html
bimmershops.com/e46-3-series-common-problems

>So I show up and get teched no problem.
>At registration table I get a giant list of track rules. Wtf?
>Drivers meeting tells people this is an "Expert level course" and because of it's difficulty they coned off section of difficult turns. ????? This had me pretty mad.

The worst of the rules were
>If even one wheel goes off track into the dirt, you break tire traction or you hit a cone you forfeit that run, your car must be re-tech inspected and you are given a one time warning before being sent home.
>All spotters are required to report when a wheel drops into the dirt or breaks traction or that spotter will be warned/ejected.

It gets better.

>Bring a stock Miata.
>Have to get it "classed". Have no idea what this entails and could care less. I'm not there to compete. I don't want to know my times.
>Tell the classing judges that my car is stock.
>"Uh no it's not"
>It has a rollbar, a bucket seat, an aftermarket steering wheel, and aftermarket wheels. Apparently thats not stock to them.
>After discussing things they give me a slip and tell me to go park next to the ferrari and a few open wheel kit cars.
>Ask why I am classed with them. "Oh you see because your wheels are greater than 7in wide and you have an aftermarket steering wheel that puts you in the unlimited class."

Jesus Christ. Whatever. I don't care about this shit anyway.

>I got 4 runs. Each time I was flagged for breaking traction. I played stupid and acted like I didn't know. I was told at the end that I would need a recommendation letter to return.

What. The. Fuck. You fucking SCCA fags are the absolute worst.

Pic related. It's the track they turned they turned into Auschwitz

that is a babby-tier track

you should be upset

Dude, I've owned one for 12 years, and the other for 6. These issues don't occur when they are properly maintained. You've been getting blown the fuck out over and over again. A few Google searches isn't going to convince people that actually own and drive them that they are shit. Kill yourself before mommy takes away Internet privileges

yeah, i know
i'm actually getting rid of those horrible 18" m3 reps

gonna put some style 68's or style 18's on it, either in 17" or 16"

>waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>stop bad-mouthing my horrible baby that I love yet everyone else knows it's shit

Pic related

It's a shit engine, everyone runs into problems with it eventually

You are literally the only person that thinks e46 is shit. You are the minority/Tyrone here. And you have yet to post a pic of your porsche

Stay BTFO

>keeps posting BTFO

Saying it in every post doesn't make it true, bit it's objective fact that your asshurt for owning one of the shittiest German cars in existence is delicious

>everyone
I havent, which I'd weird considering one had over 250k miles on it. Maybe it's because I know how to spin wrenches though

My friend and I are going to sign up for autox this first week of july

from what I've heard in my area the scca autox is pretty stiff about passing inspection, but anything else after that on the track is for and up to you if you're going to have fun or be serious

your guys kinda sound like cunts, but I do hate the stock rules.

Uhhh no, it's widely excepted around here that the E46 is a shit-tier car and BMW is a shit-tier company. Every time one is posted, a huge shitstorm ensues. But please continue to defend your ultimate memeing machine, Elliot.

>one of the shittiest German cars in existence

All memes aside, what IS the shittiest German car in existence? Some Audi shit?

>Still hasn't posted his porsche
>had to use Google to back up his claim
>multiple owners said they never had those issues
Sad and weak. Keep tryinf

>implying Veeky Forums knows what a decent vehicle is
You masturbate to twingo, 4 bangers, and other fwd shit boxes. Please stop posting

VAG B5 chassis cars (A4, Passat, etc.)

Bingo
Keep crying bitch nigga

Elliot didn't drive an e46, you retard.

yeah that's about what I thought

a far cry even from a Z3

>Uhhh no
You are fucking clueless, BMW has been the top selling luxury brand in America for the last 10 years. Get the fuck out already
Do you even drive btw? Because you sound like a no car underage dipshit spewing memes
youtube.com/watch?v=Wqvo_hGER7U

Can the whiny children going back and forth about off topic opinions just leave already? This is why this board is shit.

>interior breaks
that's MB
>electrical issues out the ass
again, that's MB, but VAG had/has these issues as well.
>water pumps with plastic parts
that's VAG too.

It actually looks like you're listing a whole lot of issues with VWs and MBs, and attributing them to BMWs, none of which have the problems you've called out. That's actually disappointing, because there are some pretty common and well publicized shortcomings to the BMW platforms, but you're just too misinformed to be able to identify them.

rekt by quads

Quit same fagging and actually click the links posted you stupid fangirl

I've had an 04 e46, it has 96k on the original water pump, radiator and hoses.

e46s don't have significant cooling system problems (unless you live in a desert), and their problems never stemmed from the water pump anyway. That was VAG, not BMW.

>major engine malfunction issues
ok, now i have NO fucking clue what you're referring to. The m54 block is one of the best NA 6s on the market, and will run for hundreds of thousands of miles before needing anything other than oil changes.