/MSC/ - my summer car

AKA Finland Simulator.

NOW WITH OFFICIAL DEVELOPER!!

Completing the car should be a requirement for posting on this board.

The Trailer: youtu.be/rIZ3zs26RDQ

READ THIS GUIDE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS:
pastebin.com/vNZZV0Fz

Game Download:
mega.nz/#!SFdHEQxa!6CFSl3nTqHyHwAK0wD_JwiI-dXooQ8Xeob4nLGY15CA

Previous Threads:
>
>
>
>
>

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rIZ3zs26RDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=C3YjVwNBN1Y
steamcommunity.com/broadcast/watch/76561198039181701
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>peer and sausage to welcome dev

how do I into infinite money

No one has answered this, does the car respawn some where? I spun a bearing, exited out, hopped in the tractor to haul it home but the car wasn't there.

Does van needs refueling? I was at the tank station but I didn't know where was fuel cap

>toss envelope in the passenger seat
>driving like I have a fuckin golden ticket to willy wonkas factory
>roll the van 5-6 times
>my envelope is gone

cheat engine
if you blow the engine you have to reload a save
it will run out of fuel but it seems to respawn with a full tank after you reload the game

What's the deal with the envelope?

Drive with the envelope in your hands, it's the only way

>get envelope
>hit backspace and type "shop"
>save and reload game
>??????
>profit

for ordering from the catalog in the kitchen

No rebuilds? That's buullllshit

You open up the catalogue on the table, click on the prices of the pieces that you want to buy, click on the lower right corner and you get an envelope on your table, bring that to the shop and drop it inside the post yellow thing.
If you misclick something in the catalogue click it again and it gets removed from the order

Thanks!

Hopefully the dev is still around, will you had hammers to repair body damage?

Hi, I have some time left to answer. So ask now, I probably come back some other day if the discussion is still going.

whats the command for home?

How about adding bug spray to the store? Those fucking mosquitoes are absurdly irritating

What cars will be implemented in the future? Will there be something similar to a Datsun 1200 or an old corolla?

Also, will we be able to tune the distributor in the future (advancing and retarding ingnition timing) :D

There will be, also going to hot sauna removes the flies around you.

Are you going to set up a Patreon so we can pay you directly?

Not yet idea about other repairable cars. If such comes some day, all I know is that it will be a RWD car.

Yes I am planning to implement timing adjustments.

Why havent you put it through greenlight yet?

Nope... if you want to help, buy a copy when we are in Steam and make your friend buy one too :D

We thought it is not good time yet, well now it is. It should be up some time soon. Not much is missing, just a Greenlight trailer.

Why not? I'd rather pay for the development than the product.

That's 90s finland I guess.

Well, long story short, Finnish Tax Legislation. When it is in Early Access, you basically pay for the development :D

Just use this!

youtube.com/watch?v=rIZ3zs26RDQ

Almost forgot, is the rain fixed? In 172 it rains everywhere, even indoors and it's really loud as well.

Not going to imply anything about the developer, but generally paying money for unreleased shit is a fine way to get burned real good.

Yes rain is fixed. I'd like to get the game so far finished that it feels "right" to sell it as a Early Access. Hard to tell yet how far it needs to be, but judging the reception of 172 we are at good side of it.

Will the landscape be smoothed out? its of annoying when flying over a hill and flipping over.

idk, maybe the dev will tell us?

Okay that's it for now, I have to go! It was nice to talk to you guys and we are happy to see that you are truly interested about the game.

I probably come back at some other day for more if this discussion is still alive :)

I was wondering what was wrong with my car then I saw this.

Will it be possible to make the car run on 2 cylinders? youtube.com/watch?v=C3YjVwNBN1Y

Why is getting the exhaust pipe on hard as hell?

Get the car running and park it over the pit in the garage. Install exhaust from there, it will attach near the handbrake.

I just stood in the engine bay behind the motor and crouched right down, leaned through the car and attached it around where the handbrake is

Cheers m8

Threads over boys, go back to everyone asking what a camshaft is for and whatnot.

>work at dealership
>currently showing this to anyone who gives a shit

This is fucking neat

Where the fuck is that guy that exploded his pc with a million dollars in peer?

Please help with the van. I tried everything. The engine is starting up but it wouldn't move no matter how i play with gears and handbrake. I tried with both automatic and manual clutch.

Didn't work.

Ok so after tuning the carburetor idle screw and making it run real smooth, once i exit the game and go back in it gets super rich and backfires again and makes lots of smoke, so I gotta tune it every time. Is there a way to fix this?

let it warm up

>CHOKE

>save game trick didn't work
FUCK

Thanks senpai

how the hell do you order the parts?
I get selecting the part and bringing the envelope to the mailbox, then what?

It seems that the van is stuck or something. when I fire the ignition up the car seems to start turning slowly, but when the engine is running and I shift from neutral to first gear nothing happens no matter what RPM i keep the car in.

Will this run on a Hyper Toaster?

Or it seems that it doesn't get into gear at all even when shifter moves. Halp.

Before I drive this shitheap to the shop and it explodes on the way, does the shop sell spark plugs too?

found a new shortcut
>backspace
>enter "drag"
spawns you at the dragstrip but really only useful if you left your car there, haven't figured out how to get the car to spawn yet

is it worth getting the aftermarket exhaust? is it louder? im getting annoyed by the loud sound it makes.

How do I work the motor hoist?

If you want to work under the car, it's very simple. No tractors involved.

All you have to do is attach the engine to the sub frame but leave the engine still attached to the hoist, then lift up the hoist and jack up the back of the car.

just want to say for when you get back, I really love your game and all of the challenge and intricacy it offers, and I'm really looking forward to buying it once it's on early access. I started the game with no knowledge of how to build an engine and I now have some loose knowledge on how to build an engine! And since I kinda crashed my car before I exited last time, I'm sure that'll increase shortly. So thanks again, and please don't be deterred at the fact that an earlier build leaked, because we all really love it and are looking forward to purchasing the final / early access product :D

>tfw no shop lift

Truly dealership life has spoiled me

why cant i get the van to move, am i retarded?

The car is fully assembled, running well and fully stock. Dubs decides what I do with it.

turn off the parking brake
repaint it pink

Paint it in dagumi colors and dorifto on the streets

well shit, time to get to work

no it does not.

Wait for a phone call.

tighten the bolts and lower it near the engine, save and go back in and the engine will be on it.

i'v tried shifting up down , tried with x + f +v +v+vfd saf da

Best i could do senpai. I chose to re-create the episode where takumi blows his engine.

Do you have to remove the engine to upgrade the headers? I've undone all 5 of the 8mm bolts on the shitty headers but they don't want to come off...

SPEEDY SPEED BOY

There are 6 I believe. Though the carb may need to come off first.

Please, add jack stands!

I've already removed the downpipe of course, the carb and even the rocker cover...

Nevermind, went to main menu and back and they popped right off. Can't wait to install the race exhaust + twin carb!

Did some cleaning.

Looks good famm

pretty good I didn't think to put the peer in there.
also nice trips.

Trying to stream some on steam. can anyone confirm that this is working?
steamcommunity.com/broadcast/watch/76561198039181701

Looks fine fäm

the drag strip works best for tuning the valves, carb, and alignment
>goto this dude to get your timeslip

If someone find other command lines, please post them!

Trabants when?

In an inferior game

God Damn it.

This is the best wrenching game I have ever played, even in an unfinished state. I can't wait to get the full copy

Until then more Peer and sausage

>3fps on a Unity game

What relic are you using?

The engine runs but power doesn't seem to be transferred to the wheels. What's missing?

Anyone knows how to do a "perfect" alignment? By eyes seems right on poin, but when a drove it, the car goes to the left

>finally get car running after a solid 5 hours of building it
>start driving
>sick DREEFTOS
>shitty radio
>touch the edge of the forest ever so slightly
>car is sent flying, drivers seat ripped out along with gas tank
>car rolled to bottom of lake

10/10 best game i ever played

Another thing: I saw a video let's play, where this guy had all the tree disable. Anyone knows how to disable them?

Did you put the halfshafts in?

>is the drive gear installed and bolted on?
>are all the transmission bolts tightened? There's a fuckload and you need them all
>are all three shift linkage bolts tightened? The third one is really sneaky
>are the clutch lines tightened and is the fluid level ok?

Better off asking the uploader, this games lack of info on google is astounding.

A 8400 GS is about twice as fast.

The guy is Russian, i hope i can understand with google translate

Brings me back to when I tried playing vidya on a shitty 2008 Compaq laptop

>Counterstrike Source
>turn every graphic setting to minimum
>playing in 300x700 windowed mode
>still barely got 10fps

how into reverse? Pls

Damn, makes the two T61 thinkpads I got as payment for driving a bro home seem like speed demons.