Who /Corolla/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s2AJCaAYnB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I had a Geo Prizm for a few years, gave it to my ex and she junked it promptly

The 07 Corolla got rear-ended

And the Pontiac Vibe is currently waiting for a new engine

still, great reliable beaters overall

Got a 2001 geo prizm (rebadged corolla) and I fucking hate it.
Shit interior, shit build quality, uncomfortable seats. The gas milage isn't even all its cracked up to be. Just feels like an incredibly cheap car built for people who don't like cars. I can't wait for something european again.

It's not rebadged if GM had a hand in the development too, that's not a real corolla

Got an 05 Corolla LE. The 5 speed manual in these things are great.

E100 is so cute.

Are they really? My 05 is autotragic but I've been telling myself it's okay because the shifter in my dad's Yaris is total shit anyway, and I thought they'd be the same. Now I want the stick, damnit.

I sold mine recently. Hoping to get into an e100 soon

Well, mine has some messed up synchros or something because sometimes gears have some resistance when going in, but other than that it's great. You will never grind them unless you literally let go of the clutch or you try to downshift into 1st. The weakish engine makes everything easy and the 05 model had a hydro clutch, so no heavy clutches, unless you're like me and haven't replaced the wire in forever.

And nice looking paint man, mine was owned by my aunt in NJ and that shit has scuffs marks.

Thinking about a mid 2000s one for general commuting purposes... not really long to spend more than 5 grand .. want good mpg and four door.

Should I be lookin at anything else?

Avoid 98 to 03

E100?

Sure...

I like the way you think. Have a T28 SHT

Yeah I have an 05 that's serving that purpose right now and I like it a lot, the only downside is the stock radio doesn't come with a cassette player so I'm going to have to pay for a newer one with an aux cable because the radio gives me a headache

my taco and wife's corolla

what does your wife's son drive?

Technically. My dad also had a Geo Prizm back in the day and my aunt has newer Vibe. No real Corollas though.

>tfw no Vibe GT

We don't got a kid.
Almost got an XRS for me but got the taco from brother in law for cheap

I daily a 96 Geo Prizm. Not the worst car but really cheap. Great gas mileage, and being the manual really helps the car be relatively quick. Just wish the interior plastics weren't so brittle, lots of shit has just snapped off over the years.

The geos had more of an issue with interior than the Toyotas.

They still have the same shitty interior door handle issues as the corolla. You can usually find a LSI for cheaper than a corolla and enjoy a tach and power accessories. Same thing mechanically.

i have this and a meme corolla

No

jealous. I wish toyota actually gave a fuck about the USDM and gave us cool shit.

Used to daily a dark green 99 LE with 4 speed auto trans. Built at NUMMI. Bought it used with 105k miles on it for 3500 bucks. Maintained it like you're supposed to, which really wasn't much. Reliably got 36 - 38 mpg, mostly freeway driving. Had to get the a/c serviced once but that was the only real repair I ever had. It was super boring but it got me to work and everywhere else I needed to go. Drove it to Las Vegas once, but the seats get uncomfy on long trips so didn't do that again.

Only thing that really bothered me was the shit interior door handle design. They'd break every 6 months or so no matter how careful I was with it. I'd buy a dozen of them at a time off fleabay for 3 or 4 bucks each. Takes like 5 minutes and a phillips head screwdriver to replace.

Thing just ran and ran, and besides the ac issue, never a hiccup or complaint. Sold it at 375k to a kid down the street for 500 bucks when he needed a cheap car for school. He still has it. I spoke with him last week and he said his dad had to help him replace the alternator, but otherwise it still runs fine. It's rolled over 400k now. If the kid doesn't do something stupid, I'm sure it will roll 500k. Amazingly reliable little car.

Good job Pajeet, 10 cents have been deposited to your bank account

Just hit 150,000 miles and it's running great. I really like this car, I bought the rims this way for 60 dollars expecting to repaint them, but I've gotten used to the white.

This is so pathetic. You can't be a car enthusiast with a 'most boring cars every created' 4 door fwd corolla.

jesus the poverty from that picture radiates all the way through my screen

are u black by any chance?

Why not? There are car enthusiasts who can't even drive.

Well shit, I didn't realise that you were only allowed to like certain cars if you were a car enthusiast.

Thanks for showing me the light, user! I sure appreciate it!

Sex

>4 door
>fwd

not all corollas user

ITT: 20somes and their first/second car that gets driven like it's tofu delivery thread

my wife was married before and she has a daughter what does that make me?

i dd'd one in highschool

should've bought it from my mom but i'd have to ship it like 2000 km, might have not survived the trip

(we all know it would have)

Does my Corolla count?

Memeorolla. Its days of reliability are over. My dreams of using it as a daily commuter and taking it on cross country trips are FALSE.

I see fancy stuff *drools*

Its fanciest bits are the Kaaz LSD, Work Equips, Tokicos, and maybe the kouki bumpers. Had to put all other mod ideas on hiatus when ignition and fuel issues started after a tiny piece of plastic broke and knocked loose my starter lead. Serious cascade of seemingly unrelated shit. Next thing you know, it'll burst into fire from the manual door lever when I replace a pop up motor or install new door panels.

You wut?

Thanks man. Funny enough, I'm also in NJ.

I almost bought one because my buddy had one. We took it on a 2 hour car ride with 2 of our fat friends and luggage; the little fucker endured it and the trip back while pretty much driving on the bump stops. Died a few weeks later when the in-and-out oil change place he went to failed to actually put new oil in

Fuck off /v/.

>le memes xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Fuck off busrider.

>SR5 seats

Love doesn't always make sense.

>tfw most of the cool models didn't make it into my country

youtube.com/watch?v=s2AJCaAYnB8

These are great. Pic related. Waiting for the ship to take it to Germany.

My mother drives this car. Same livery, color and even wheel hubs. It's not beautiful, it's not fast, it doesn't even have stuff like electric windows or air conditioning, but holy shit that thing just won't break down.
Her previous car was a Peugeot 309 that kept having issues, then she bought this in 2006 and by now the car has done about 240K km and the only thing that ever happens is regular maintenance, like a new timing belt, oil or battery. When you drive the car it still feels like it's brand new. Amazing.

Meanwhile, my Peugeot 205 is only 1 year older and has done 35K less km and every conceivable thing is broken or has been broken before I fixed it.

Well I live all the way in FL, my aunt lived in NJ.
She granny shifted it, I Dagumi it.

KEK
U
C
K

Pics of Pontiac Vibe? What year? I'm c=considering getting one. Don't know if I want a GT or XRS or just a base one though

Muh shitbox.

i have been violent to her daughter as well as to her and she still has not left me. so i think she is pretty gud plus the daughter does not live with us

plus i get action from the side so i guess i am cucked, technically but i rationalize by not caring

why do I want to buy one of these and 3sgte swap it so badly

It's so easy to do.

is it really?

Mind if I join?

Exactly what I thought.

Yeah, they suck. Makes my back hurt like a motherfucker. But I'm going to wear them out while I find a matching passenger GTS seat to my driver's. I think they're actually a little lighter than GTS seats though.

a stepdad
if they both got you wrapped around their finger then you a beta

2000 corolla 5 speed.
203,000 miles on the stock clutch.
average of 37.2Mpg over 5 years of 90% highway 10% city driving.
not bad for a $2000 car

saved that shit

>Only thing that really bothered me was the shit interior door handle design
nigga, i have 2 interior handles ready to go at all times.
5min repair

I had an ae92 in hs was a great car the 4afe was carb and that sucked

GTS seat a best seat

I'd love myself one of those Castrol-colored WRC corollas. Such badass cars.

Yus

Looks spooky without the headlights.

2003 base model automatic, shitbox supreme

no pics on laptop

don't get the one with electronic throttle, lol

>stock suspension

Does an /Auris/ count? Same platform, succeeded the Corolla hatchback in Europe, just as pragmatic and gutless.

yeah i wish we got those in the US

It's the iM, user.

not really though

He's right, the iM is largely identical to the current Auris.

i realize. But i wish we ALWAYS got them. Not just in a stupid scion. I'd like an older one.

pure sex

deal with it.

>doesnt even come in 3dr
no U!

Pakifag here. We get a different exterior compared to the US corolla. Yours looks much better. Also have a diesel AE110 corolla.

>We get a different exterior compared to the US corolla.
The front and rear of them are interchangeable though. Import the American front fenders, hood, headlights, and bumper and you can swap the front end. To swap the rear, you need the tail lights, bumper, trunk lid, and inner tail lights of the US model. Should be a bolt on affair.

>This is so pathetic. You can't be a car enthusiast with a 'most boring cars every created' 4 door fwd corolla.
somewhere
somebody will read this tripe
and just to spite him will go out and buy a Corolla just to hit up some autocross meets

Corollas destroy at autox

I meant rallycross but whatever the idea is the same

I'm considering one for realz. Could you go into detail about the Vibe?

remove FWD from premises

i fucking hate my corolla because its such a boring piece of shit

Have you driven an XRS?

What year?

2005 1.8L

Shoulda went older. The older the better.

>I hate my econobox because it's a boring econobox
Who'da thunk it. A corolla is the grocery getterest of grocery getters. The ultimate A to B car. No frills, no style. It's pure, unadultered econoboxness for very few dollars so you can spend the extra money on a fun car.