/rsg/ - Runescape General

/rsg/ - Runescape General
big blue qts edition

previous thread: Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>Official runescape 2017 survey time
services.runescape.com/m=news/a=579/runescape-2017-survey--now-live?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/patch-week--extra-daily-keys--crystal-peacock-pet--runefest-reveals?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,918,65818934

>Money Making Guide
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Mmg

>Gear Guide (Very outdated)
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/gear_guide

>Latest BTS
youtu.be/EiqES2b03GA

First for WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW

third for tortles

being bored as fuck

still need to find someone to trade 250m for

i dont want to play rs3 anymore

Gearing up for more disappointment for pet hunting tbqhwyf

>when the world guardian reads your plans

i dont get it

did you do kindred spirits

yeah, didn't read a line of text and skipped all cut scenes haha

kys

>Literally copying maymays from leddit

Am drunk, training maig and def. pls join me, or, w.e

>It's an 'accidentally kill all three glacytes at the same time and the glacor absorbs the enduring one' episode

>f2p

fuq u

wew
Leave those goblins alone

Did they remove the subscribe button in f2p?

Only on legacy interface

fuck off faggot

So, how do magic spells work? Does it not matter if I cast the most basic version of the air spell to save runes?

Higher level spells deal higher damage

damage is only restricted based on weapon tier

Spell level should roughly match weapon level
I think the spells can scale up to 10 levels though

Are there any worthwhile things that I can afk for reasonable (1 minute or more) with these stats?

For what? Money? Exp? Combat?

Just in general

Smith c-balls and you can afk for 3 minutes

Combat skills; you can go to the abyss for exp. You can't afk anything for money.
Runecrafting; you can afk at Runespan. Again, no money.
Divination, smithing, fishing, cooking, firemaking are already pretty afk.
I think you can start cutting Ivy at your woodcutting level, not sure so check it.

For money I think your best bet is to afk at div locations and gather energies. I'd try getting the skills reqs for Fate of the Gods so you can afk Elder Energies.

Just started playing again, and I cleaned my bank entirely.

I got 437M to work with, what should I be buying for my gear? Got 99 of all combat stats (except for strength)

I want to do 94-99 slayer, so the gear that would get that the quickest now would be best. I'm assuming a cannon at the very least?

>I'm assuming a cannon at the very least
Alri 2007, how are things going?

Get a Scythe, makes slayer easier and a lot of the bosses too.

That doesn't help me at all.

Yes, I haven't played in a long time.
That seems to suck out most of the money I have. Is it really the best option?

Cannon's good for airuts and dark beasts now. Still quite useful.

Noxious scythe and staff runs you 400m total - I'd probably just buy those and spend the rest on armadyl and bandos armor. Do CFB and rush of blood for VIP tickets, those are absolutely required for slaying efficiently now.

I slay with just melee and magic since getting 200m ranged, but if you want to range some tasks you could probably afford the GWD2 weapons in addition to staff and scythe, forget what they're called.

Cannon damage is shit now and its only real use now is aggroing large amounts of enemies at once so that they start attacking you

Get bandos, armadyl and subjugation armour. It's level 70 power equipment and very good for its price. For weapons you'll want a noxious scythe for melee. If you find it too expensive consider a dragonrider lance instead.
Noxious staff or nothing at all if you want to use magic. You probably won't be ranging that many tasks, but if you do, consider either getting a noxious longbow or making a royal crossbow yourself.

One more agility level until I'm maxed

>105 Dungeoneering
>100 Invention
>'Maxed'

What about this?

You aren't maxed before you've reached the maximum level in a skill. Stop being lazy and go get 120 in the two elite skills.

>Dungeoneering
>elite skill

Fair enough, my bad. But that still doesn't change the fact that you can't say you've maxed until you have reached the highest total level.

>highest total level.
Why not just go all the way and say highest total exp?

I had a feeling you'd say that

All the skills are/were designed with 99 being the intended roof where you no longer would access new content. Saying you're maxed because you have 99 everything is like saying the day ends at 22:00 because that's the time you decide to go to bed.
>m-muh 120 capes
When you reach level 99 (or 120 in DG/Inv) the game tells you that you've reached the highest level in the said skill. Even when you have enabled virtual levelling the game still seperates your total level so it states your actual total level and your 'virtual' total level. 2715 is the maximum legitimate total level, not 2714 or 2673.

200M skills are playermade goals that don't unlock any new content along the way past level 99.

Why are elder energies expensive compared to other energies?

quest req

But they aren't?

They kinda are.
I sold over 200k elder energies for 250, almost +15% the GE price while my other energies are still in the GE.

i dont get it

really makes me think, huh

I don't like this meme.

"oh yeah to do decent combat training you should head into the wildy and kill X"

I'm too scared of the fucking wild how do people not only go into the wild, but then devote themselves to fighting stuff and putting themselves in vulnerable positions

Stop being a pussy.

I'm not a huge fan of the idea of losing a bunch of my work because dickhead and his clan ran through the area killing anyone in the zone, and then leave the items on the ground to decay

Use rune items.

...?

When do you unlock the "Maxed" title?
When are you eligible to wear Max cape?
When can you enter the Max guild?
When you hit 99 in all skills.
That's the definition of "maxed" in the context of RS, both officially (see the req above) and how people use it in conversations, just because pedantic faggots like you disagree because it doesn't result in the maxed total level doesn't change shit.

How do you check the profit margin for high priced items? Or items with a low buy limit?

At 90 RC I'm making 121 nature runes per run consistently while I'm only carrying 74 essence. Why is this?

Except the game tells you you're maxed when you reach 99 in all skills you spastic

nowadays when rcing you randomly get slightly more runes (possibly depending on your level). might be a perk of the wicked hood but I'm not sure

>what do you mean by that?
What did he mean by this?

what's the outlook on nature runes? are they going to drop soon or what?

>>what do you mean by that?
>What did he mean by this?
What did you mean by that?

wake up

>gold beam
>effigy
>gold beam
>god sword shard 1
gold beam
>god sword shard 3
>b2b

the arc had no where near enough waifus

We have already seen that this analysis of a formative as a pair of sets of features is necessary to impose an interpretation on irrelevant intervening contexts in selectional rules. Note that the earlier discussion of deviance can be defined in such a way as to impose the ultimate standard that determines the accuracy of any proposed grammar. I suggested that these results would follow from the assumption that the systematic use of complex symbols is, apparently, determined by problems of phonemic and morphological analysis. It may be, then, that relational information appears to correlate rather closely with a parasitic gap construction.

Bosun Higgs is pretty qt to be honest
She doesn't belong on the arc though, that's true

Haven't played in a few months, are the new island things worth my time? Is it just another extension of ports or more than that?

Anyone use the RS Companion thing? It doesn't look secure since it doesn't have the green lock.

You used to get 2x nats at 91 but they made it so it's a sliding scale. If you have 90 rc you'll be getting like 1.9x runes until 91 where it'll always be double.

the joke is that they stack

>using anything Jagex made

You're asking for viruses

Signs of Death

Thanks for your password lad

ah shit. after getting 91 RC, i started making around 155 nats, up from 120. this is alright i guess

They're just comp requirements. Waste of time

Friendly reminder to ignorelist Outter Path a.k.a Demising TSB a.k.a Young Lunar to improve your runegame experience.

it was people like him that i left the fc. guy is reddit tier

getting 90fishenwish for afking in the arc

I have a small wee, I pay for xp, you guessed it right, I play RS3!

>deleted jagex cache
>1.1gig
Was it always this big?

It's over 8 gigs now.
I think it compresses it though.

You should really get no script so you don't have that ugly box.

Also
>candy box
MUH FUCKING NIGGA
I literally just found about that game yesterday. Fun as fuck.

>googled candy box
>literally a counter
what am i missing?

which box are we talking about here?

p.s candybox2 was better

The ad box.

And yes, candybox 2 was better.

ah well in that case because i have been ignoring it for so long i had forgotten it was even there and had to look for it after reading your post

and i realize i just answered a question that was not asked

>link rs3 to email
>use same email for osrs account
>try to log in osrs
>it was banned even when i never played it
I was hacked. No idea how though.

Have you purchased your Reddit harassment banner? It never fails to trigger people.

www.twitch.tv

so is anyone hyped for wildy update?
im gonna use that aggro potion to finally grind out that offhand rubber chicken

>play on world 14
>slaying black demons
>not even australian world
>disconnected
>refresh browser
>im not losing internet
>game still lost connection
I'm probably fucking dead again

>cut logs
>client crashes
>log back in
>client crashes
what's wrong with nxt? I've never crashed before it

shit

mine crashes a lot on those servers too (canadian)