What was the shittiest car that you've owned

>High school days throwback edition.

>My first car: 1988 Toyota Celica.

>I paid: $800 for it.

>That shitbox lasted for about a year, until the pistons blew out the engine.

Shit user, I feel bad for you desu. Kek.

My blazer S10 was pretty shitty but awesome. I had to work on it almost everyday but I also jumped it, drifted it and did multiple bunouts a day. Hydrolocked it running no air filter and drove it back home with dirt in the oil, good times.

Opel astra G that was previously crashed and then "fixed" before i bought it, at the time i didnt have the slightest clue what to look for in order to recognise the signs of a previously crashed car. Also the person that came along with me and who was supposed to be "experienced" failed miserably to help me choose the right car

96 civic

Had it for about 4 years and it's still my only car. Paid 950$ and put easily double that getting it fixed.

Dumb shitbox shut off on me today while I was driving and now it won't start. My fucking luck because tomorrow is my first day at my new job and I don't know how I'm getting there.

1987 Monte Carlo LS

Had the same checkerboard wheels as pic related, but the previous owner er decided to paint it with the same godawful grey paint they use on DC Metro subway cars, and it had the godawful 4BBL 305V8

It was a piece of shit, but it was my piece of shit

I know the feeling user.

Thank God Uber exists.

2.slow 2000 Jetta. Got it for $750 at 200K miles and every time the CEL came on it would stop shifting into fourth gear. Really shitty when the interstate was used every day doing like 5000 RPM. Sold it to a Mexican for $400 at 240K miles. Probably took it back to Mexico where it was built. Good riddance.

1996 Mercury Sable.

It was impossible for me to get comfortable in it due to that stupid sloped windshield and low roof and it got the same gas mileage as a Grand Marquis while being 1000 pounds lighter and having a V6.

1975 Bricklin SV-1; it was in nearly flawless shape and the design was so bad and the build quality so poor that it was an unsafe death trap.

Every other car I had degraded into a death trap, that one left the factory that way.

First car... 1999 Ford Contour SE. Wasn't my choice, parents bought it so I could commute to my first job, I had to pay them back with nearly my entire paycheck that first summer.

I let it go 24k without an oil change and the defective timing belt with the same 24k on it snapped first. Still wish I could have seen how long it would have lasted on one oil change.

Luckily it ensured I would never own an automatic again.

>Safety Vehicle One

My 2014 6-speed wrangler 3.6.

It's not a bad car, it's just that I like sports cars and this wrangler has an open rear diff and the ESP is undefeatable without also taking out ABS.

I prefer the 420a-powered leaky-headgasketed 95 Eclipse I had for 5 months in high school that didn't have a functioning speedo / odo. That car had personality.

The irony was not lost on me.

How does it handle highway speeds?

Just fine, despite the prevalence of that meme and the short wheelbase. I've gone 115 mph with the top off and it felt solid. It only gets 17-18 mpg on the highway though :(

I didn't own anything but I drove my dad's '04 Mazda 6.

Check if you're getting good spark. I had one with similar symptoms, problem was in the distributor.

1992 Chevy Lumnia Euro 3.4l v6

The frame literally rusted out from the car and everything dropped. Had 150k on it. Nice beater tho. Sounded great with the aftermarket exhaust.

'79 Toyota Hilux, very close to pic

The carburetor/emissions control system was a complete nightmare, hard starting, ran hot (radiator finally gave out in '07), pissed oil, eats fuel pumps (eventually ran an inline one to make it easy to change out), fuel gauge never worked, front shocks shot, leaky windshield, shreiking brakes, shitty mpg at freeway speeds....

But over the past few years it's become a restoration project. It now runs and drives really well but needs body/interior work.

Where do you live?

>have post emissions Jeep with V8
>emissions shit doesn't work properly
>vacuum lines everywhere
>no emissions testing in my state
>pull everything I can and reroute vacuum lines to a simple layout I found online
>runs great

sixth gen pontiac grand prix.
Had it less than a year when it seized up at a stop light for undetermined reasons.

>first car, bmw e36 (eurofag so they are dirtcheap to own)
>paid 900 euros
>zero options, because base model 318 from 1991
>wouldn't start up again when I brought it home the day I bought it
>cloth interior was impossible to get clean
>couldn't get rid of the cigarette smell
>automatic

God that car sucked so much, after two months of owning it I started to use public transport instead of using my car because I hated it so much. I dumped it shortly after that at some car graveyard

this car was the shit

>you will never have a bone stock mint condition pre '96 e36 4 door 5 speed 325i with non paint matched rockers and bumpers
feels fuckin bad man

About half a year ago, there was a 1200km E36 328i for sale (actually legit). I was tempted, but I felt it kinda would've been a bit sad to use as a DD.
But who knows who got it in the end, doing what with it.

2007 mustang back in 2007 that my parents bought me in high school

The 2016 brz

An ugly, rusted as fuck Skoda Felicia in faded red with imprints from leaves on its roof because someone had let it sit.

Everything was basically bad on it, but it miraculously started up every time and never broke down on me, only fell apart gradually. Hell, the gearbox would freeze in winter and I could still change gears like normal, even though the stick could only travel 1/5 of its normal range.

I sometimes regret trading it in when I bought my present car because it was much more 'real' to drive, what with the lack of servosteering and all

W123 300D.
Would have been a nice project car, but that thing was an abysmal DD. Extremely costly to maintain, ancient engineering going tits up all the time and rusting like no tomorrow.
I managed to get a hold of the rust and fix it up, but that stone aged tech got the best of me.

That and people who know their way around these cars are quite far and wide between nowadays.

BMW E36 Coupe with 1.6 engine.
The only good thing in that car was engine, everything else was shit.

95 Plymouth voyager with a dodge caravan front end, probably the most ghetto van in town but it ran like a top, when 1 timing belt and 2 serpentine belts, still runs like a top though i just use it for storage now.

1995 VR Statesman

Had a previous front end collision, radiator support push back, radiator curved inwards, bonnet creased and wouldn't shut properly, half of electronics in car was fucked, trim falling out in my hands or coming apart on its own, thirsty as fuck, transmission needed to be replaced not repaired, 4 second upshifts and a loud bang from the diff from worn uni joints, 5 seconds to shift into gear, and everything abused as fuck. Dont know why i didn't test drive it before i bought it but the interior was mint and was really comfy

Even my 1991 Subaru Liberty that burned a sump of oil a day wasn't as bad

This is why you don't buy a bombadore...

>estimated 1120 Brickllin SV-1 are in existence.

neat

>degraded into a death trap
Take care of your shit, nigger. No, I don't care how much reddit karma you've earned for buying old cars, you aren't excused from doing maintenance and repairs when your shit breaks.

Purist detected.

My worst car was also my first car, a 1991 Pontiac LeMans.

This festering pile of cardboard dogshit was powered by two hamsters on a wheel, and finally decided to do me the favor of committing suicide when it completely fell apart in a parking lot. After one of the control arms collapsed I had it hauled off for scrap, and to this day I'll never touch another Daewoo.

But hey, at least I never got into an accident in that thing, otherwise i wouldn't be here.

1st car not worst car. 1st car was 76 Firebird. Besides guzzling gas and being dangerously slow it was ok. Worst car was 2005 Saturn Ion. Everything about this car was cheap. POS broke almost weekly and it was always something different. When the electric power steering decided to quit while I was doing 75 on the freeway was when I sold it. Good riddance.

>High school days throwback edition.

I had a 1993 Ford Tempo in highschool.
>graduating class of '13

1987 Toyota Corolla
>1.6L carb'd engine
>90hp
>still barely did over 20mpg combined
>stopping power of a bicycle
>manual locks, windows, etc...
>too small for anyone that isn't a petite
>no safety features

I drove that thing in the late 00s. It was just an dumb car to have at that point, and I can't see how it was decent car by the mid-late 90s. It was clean tho

Implying we all had daddy's money

1990 Lumina APV mini-van 3 speed auto 3.1l v6

doors didn't work, windows didn't roll down, exhaust fell off first year driving it, tire blow outs all the time ('cause driving 100 miles everyday for out of town internet pussy and not knowing anything about tires)
Shook like death at 90 mph
tape player didn't work, and radio didn't get much for reception
had to replace starter, which was about a 5 hour job 'cause of the cross member

Is this a meme car or something now

read all posts to date time and all of you are wankers that must not know how to maintain a vehicle if your life depended on it. ** celicas, last easy 450k with good care, change the belts change the oil.... thats it.

s10 where junk but treated right went at least 210K
98 civic fail to fire, your coil box failed easy fix.

your 87 monte is a collecter car treat it as such.
jettas.. ok junk next.
75 bricklin, you dont want it il gladly take it off your hands! Do you even know what you have there?

99 countour- head gaskets-always

jeep is a jeep you dont get one and expect it to run perfect

pic related, my first car. 1969 mach1 cobra jet mustang.

Isn't the pentastar a shitty engine?
I couldn't buy a Chrysler product my parents have 2013 hemi durango and has tranny problems and driveshaft\ u joint problems and powersteering problems already and it only has 45k

>this car was shit

Fixed that for you. I love them, but they were horrible cars at first.

I sold the Bricklin after discovering that a design flaw meant that it would always fog up the windows by blowing moisture INTO the car when the defroster was running during wet conditions.

I knew what I had; a piece of shit.

a bricklin? shiiiit nigger got any pics?

It got me around for a summer.

My 2000 corolla
Was literally held together with zipties and tape
Bought it for five hundred bucks
It eventually exploded cuz i said fuck changing the oil anf ran it for a year without changing the oil, it burned a lot of oil too and i never topped it up

351W engine.

Could it be any more '70s?

For dat kit car feeling.

They only made a few thousand of them for a reason. They were horrible and cost more than a Lincoln Continental.

>from this to a DeLorean
Not surprising

I had them both at the same time; the DeLorean is decisively LESS shit.

>class of 13
>first car was a 89 camry with the 2.0 le
>power everything but seats
>parents bought for 60 bucks from my neighbor
>tranny was blown because neighbors cousin thought it was a race car and kept redlining it in neutral and dropping it into drive
>120 hp God machine with close to 300,000 miles
>thing would eat base model civic ricers all day
>finally died around 285,000
>something electrical went with the tranny
>me and my parents put close to 150,000 miles on it
>sold it for 500 bucks didn't want to waste more then 100 bucks getting it fixed
I miss that car

i own it right now. it is a 2003 bmw 325xi. it looks nice but just a huge piece of shit to maintain.

This but I have a 2012 Ram. Every damn month it's back in the shop because shit keeps breaking.

Pic related no comment needed. This was the shittiest I owned for over a year, but there was one worse...

What motor was the bricklin rocking? I know the PRV 6 in the Delorean was salty garbage..

The one worse was one of these piles. Gave $100 bucks for it, got ripped off. While driving to the store for a new water pump the steering rack shit itself. I limped it to the salvage yard and called my gf to bring the title.

>but there was one worse

[Citation needed]

See
It had all of 175HP and weighed 3,470lbs.

By comparison, the DeLorean had 130HP and weighed 2,742lbs.

Both were underpowered garbage, but at least the 351W in the Bricklin could be built.

probably my CRX before I rebuilt it. Got it for $800, sold it for 2300 a year later

inb4 Internet Ranger Defense Force

My Blazer wasn't my first car, but goddamn I treated it like shit. I drove it until over 200,000 miles with almost 0 maintenance. That's when the head gasket went and I dumped the car. I still miss it :(

New Mexico, and not in Bernalillo county.

>tfw I can run 32/36 Weber DGEV and no cat

My CRX was a pile of shit too, that feel

>E I G H T S P A R K P L U G S

>New Mexico
Where at bro?

Truth

Each time I look in my car's non-tinted side view mirrors, I miss it.

If you look it up they're actually unsafe from the factory due to bonding issues between acrylic plastics and fiberglass.

Most of the cars I buy are death traps, THEN I fix them the RIGHT way. I've un-donked two Cadillacs, put frame rails back into an El Camino that was repaired with 2x4s, and undone countless nigger-rigs to dash switches/proper taillight repairs.

I had an '80 Jaguar XJS that was a death trap due to having all of its electrical system cobbled together; causing constant shorts and intermittent brake light operation. I fixed it by replacing the entire rear harness, not by running a switch from the battery to the brakes, then to the tail light so that you had to floor the pedal to turn the lights on like the PO did. How is that ME letting the car degrade?

I've seen a few that had lost chunks of the body while driving at highway speeds; the headlight doors also close with around 75 pounds of force; occasionally shattering the headlights when you park the car and turn the lights off when it's running. If you shut the lights off and it WASN'T running, they stayed up.

>tfw I never knew the opel kadett was sold in the US as an pontiac lemans...

>nobody cares about your "succes story" mr coolguy

we wanna hear shit stories about shitty cars

I think it was a 82 celebrity 56k miles and both head gaskets blew after a month of owning it. AC worked good though