DEGREES

finance, business, engineering, or computer science? I'm unsure about what degree to get and would appreciate some advice. My main goal is to make as much money as possible, I'm also willing to work for myself if thats what it will take. Any advice?

Get into sales. Every company needs somone to sell products, whether they are cars, ovens, stocks, tacos, whatever. If you want to make money, sell big, needed things like houses or cars, or companys or stocks or whatever.

which degree is that? Also couldn't i end up in a dead end job?

I mean that I could be stuck in mid to slightly higher range sales jobs until I retire or get lucky.

>Couldnt I end up in a dead end job?

Yes. So can finance majors, engineers, and computer scientists.

I figured that with the skills i gained from those I could get a bigger variety of jobs. Sorry if i'm being stupid I really don't know much, I feel like a child when it comes to my knowledge in this area

>tfw majoring in economics and political science
>tfw minoring in fucking japanese
>tfw i just realized i have no idea what im going to do when i graduate
please help this pour soul

try to get a job in your governments economics sector? your knowledge of japanese might even help

I disagree
if you're good at sales and like it (which many sales people do if they perform well) its a skillset thatll literally always be in demand and you really have much more control of your life versus wage slave STEM FINANCE LAW

you can apply to bank jobs. You have to realize bank jobs are not just finance (which you should still apply to anyway if you have a good gpa)

there's compliance HR marketing

anti money laundering compliance is growing

I'm accounting. A lot of people will tell you it's easy and bullshit, but they probably aren't past their first accounting class. It becomes very tough and important to do well. Next week I start interviewing with KPMG, PwC, EY, and Deloitte. Shits getting real fast.

If you actually know japanese that could help

not easy, but its depressing though right

I've found it to be fun so far. I enjoy surprising myself doing bullshit income statements or balance sheets that take me 30min to write out. Like a big puzzle

A question from an asian in asia. I've heard that the passing rate of CPAs in America is like 50% so while you get lots of passers, you also have thousands of people who fail the board exams. In here, those nonpassers can still get accountancy jobs starting at accountant assistant and then will eventually be promoted depending on his/her skills. Even nonpassers can get a pretty high position (especially with that new bill coming out that will enable nonpassers to take on some jobs usually only reserved for passers) HOWEVER, lets say you're in a high position and an actual CPA applies for YOUR position, you are guaranteed to lose your job. Is it also like that abroad and how often does it happen? Is a license an absolute must or does it still depend on the person's quick thinking, good decision-making skills and opportunities?

I have an accounting degree.

I'm Mr. Autistimo who can barely talk to people and even I start off at $40k a year as a Excel-monkey, cubiclecuck.

I'd have thought that for an account that's actually a value indicator, like asian ethnicity for a quant or something? Gotta make em think you're fucking rain man.

>Get onto an economics (no joint subject) from a TOP university.
>Do an internship at some big firm (JPMorgan, Goldman sachs etc) after your second year.
>Move into econometrics in the third year. If you can't do that then do an Msc Economics and finance.
>Start your career in investment banking (any division) at the bottom, already on £70k.
>Make £150k minimum by 25, given that you aren't retarded

Can someone tell me what the catch is or is this really the way?

you could study tourism at a top university and make 150k at 25.

econometrics is perfect, but 150k by 25 is a still quite optimistic

computer science here,

self employed earn ood money bruh

This is kind of dumb, but I have a cousin who had some serious life altering shit happen (as in cancer + car crash). It completely fucked his degree up. He's now looking to finish up his degree, but none of us have any idea what to do. His first school doesn't want him back, and his second no longer offers the program he was in.

He has the credits to get an associates degree, and a bit more, but no school wants to do that. I've heard about some accredited online schools that do this. Wondering if anyone has any information about that. Seems like a real kick in the one nut he has left to restart from square one.

yeah, the catch is you're retarded.

a) economics is a shit degree.
b) ib jobs are 100 hour work weeks and no vacations, 150k salaray / 50 weeks / 100hours a week = 30 an hour.
c) you are severely underestimating what it means to "not be retarded", as you put it. going to a top school, getting an internship at a top firm, getting top grades, and then getting a firm job offer on wall street would put you in the 1% of the 1% of all applicants. at least.

the catch is that investment banking is a fucking nightmare and will fuck your health up and make you hate life.

Assuming you get in at 22, you will be destroyed at 25 assuming you even make it that far without killing yourself or quitting. No analyst stays in banking past 3 years, you either get promoted to associate and get fucked even harder or your contract expires and they give you the boot.