What should I be aware of now, as a new driver?

What should I be aware of now, as a new driver?

Mustangs. They break down at random. Be aware if one's in front of you. It could explode at any point. Sending shards of metal into your tires and causing a large pileup.

if you lose traction on your wheels make sure to go full throttle
-lewis hamilton

I want to defend Ford but the last time I saw a car break down was a v6 mustang in the middle of a turn lane in bumper to bumper traffic

Do what I do, go 25 over the speed limit right in front of a Fucking cop

98% of other drivers on the road are dumb, distracted, ignorant, reckless, and uninsured. Treat them as such. Its a jungle of idiots writing to crash into you. Also expect the unexpected. Like the guy pulling a trailer to loose it going 45mph and send it flying down the the road uncontrolled, or Olympic pool sized potholes, and animals on the road.

you are not as good as you think you are

you will remain not as good as you think you are until you either take a HPDS course or crash

that being said, you don't have to be any good to drive in the retarded shitfest that is normal traffic, with faggots on their phones and retards who barely scraped the written part of the test failing to yield and driving 15 under in the passing lane

drive defensively and drive safely when going about your day, because there's no real point trying to do anything stupid while pinned in urban traffic.

once you become a better driver hit the mountain roads and practice your skills with nobody else around

JUST AVOID OTHER DRIVERS

literally just that, overall driving is not challenging

You will be over-confident. Take a racing driving coarse on a track to understand your limits, and recognize that drivers who track their car regularly are superior drivers. Then work to become one of those superior drivers.

Everyone on the road is trying to kill you and double your insurance rates.

If you drive with the above in mind, youll have a far better experience.

Also, a dash cam is generally a good investment. Could save you legal troubles.

Smart people are moving with traffic. The people going slower are not safer and the people going faster are not more hardcore or better drivers.

You want to be in a central lane most of the time in a three+ lane highway road.

Your tires and brakes are your most important equipment and make all the difference when something goes wrong or the weather is ugly.

If you find yourself getting pissed off at another driver for anything, breath deeply and remember that all that really matters is that you don't get in a wreck. Getting heated makes you more likely to fuck up.

Don't ever trust a fucking crossover. EVER. Not in front, not behind, not to the sides, E V E R.

Some say hand brake to slow so your brake lights don't go off.

Some say just to brake normally. It shows the cop you are paying attention by seeing him and slowing down.

Some say own that shit and do nothing.

Assume everyone is a fucking idiot. They have no idea you are there and have no idea why they are doing. If you drive this way you will be correct 90% of the time and the other 10% you are just being cautious. Nothing wrong with that.

>Also, a dash cam is generally a good investment. Could save you legal troubles.
Or get you in trouble in the first place. Using a dash cam is illegal in Germany.

>Using a dash cam is illegal in Germany.
and?

As much as I don't want to be a /pol/ shitposter yelling cuck at everything, come on

>oh fug a cop
>pulls hand brake and rips sick skid in front of the pigs
Are you just trying to help an Veeky Forumstist lose his virginity?

Why on Earth are they illegal? Were they catching too many Gypsies?

These are my general guidelines to driving
>drive smoothly, like you have an open drink in the car
>inconvenience others as little as possible
>have a 6th sense of the actions of fellow drivers

I can say more, but they ultimately come from those 3 ideas

Every time someone suggests using the handbrake to slow down, some autist thinks that means RIP THE FUCKING HANDBRAKE AS HARD AS YOU CAN AND DO A SICC DORIFTU!!!!
Every time.

Everything. Seriously.