Just got a new car

Just got a new car.

What are some things you guys keep in your car that's not a first aid kit.

In my truck I keep jumper cables, a bag of ratchet strap, 5 ton come along, tow chain, rope, bungee cords, flash light, vatozone $5 socket kit, and tools to change a tire.

>tfw i drive a reg. cab and so all this takes up most of the space behind my seat

Some vodka in case i decide to spend the night in the back. Also a jack, stands and some tools cause i have no garage.

A bunch of wrenches, a bunch of screwdrivers, a machete, and a bottle of rum

We should hang. Ill bring vodka.

One of those $5 tool kits that has a few size sockets will serve you very well. I'm not specifically referring to in case of break down, but more out of convenience.

>loose panel squeaking
>tools are 50ft away in garage
>panel squeaks for 7 years

A paper bag to wear so nobody sees you driving that ugly piece of shit.

Of course some jack, but the Florida heat might not be so good for it.

A Gatorade bottle with a few ounces of dish soap, towels lawn chairs, spare set of clothes, spare pair of shoes, and a gallon of water

Gas.

Kidding aside, flashlight, extra phone charger, tools, those little ties for luggage, toilet paper (this is actually very useful, not for just taking a dump, for cleaning spills, putting on a cut, etc), pens/paper, elm327, hand sanitizer, tire gauge, ice scraper, bulbs/fuses, jumper cables, tire pump. All I can think of at the moment.

You think I give a shit?

Tire gauge, wrench set, inverter, disposable razor, pen, detailing spray, window cleaner, microfiber towels.

I wouldnt use tp for a cut, it falls apart too easy. Thats what the first aid kit is for m8.

>tire pressure gauge
>microfiber towels
>toilet paper
>tissues
>extra water
>snow chains
>wine/bottle opener

Not much just things I need sometimes, I also keep $40 in the owners manual in case I lose my wallet and need gas/food

peer, sausages, my toolkit, jack

In the owners manual... damn that's a good spot.

>Just got a new car.
>What are some things you guys keep in your car that's not a first aid kit.

Rubber floor mats as they are easy to vacuum or spray clean and cannot mold/germ up like a carpet can.

TRUNK:
Rubber trunk floor mat (in case carry body?)
Trunk organizer container: 12v air compressor, turtle wax ICE detailer, windex, bounty papertowel roll, blue shop towel roll, car duster, full first aid kit box (can float too), touch up, 2x 39gal trash bags, 2x 13gal white trash bags, 3x microfiber towels, terry towel, 3 bungee cords, generic toolset).
OEM tire leak sealant, oem 12v compressor.
OEM cargo net.
Roll Duct Tape.

INTERIOR (rear passenger footwell):
Small round trashcan with liner bag.
Dash camera 1080p.
Chevy branded windshield sun reflector.
2x 16oz bottled water for emergency.
Fancy organizer box: bounty roll, wet wipes package, low lint plush toilet paper roll, 2x microfiber, one waffleweave microfiber).

INTERIOR (glove compartment):
red mesh zip pouch: driver manual, registration,license platephoto,insurance card).
blue mesh zip pouch: (notepads,pens, pencil).

CONSOLE:
mileage record book, LED flashlight (120lumen), misc.

HIDDEN:
spare wallet $240 cash, variety bills.
container $5 coins (quarters, dimes, nickels).
swiss army knife.
Paper with various gate codes, phonenumbers in case i forget or lose cell.

The hefty trash bag good for impromptu park meeting or picnic takeout, and if you poke hole for head, it is pseudo raincoat too. I have always had a small trash container by habit since my home state had a trashbag/container law for all cars due to everyone tossing trash on hiways. I use wipes a lot for face oil or dirty hands. Plush toilet paper is my favorite for blowing nose and I use the low-lint Members Mark brand from Sam's Club since they are 4.25 x 4 inch sheets and not the postage stamp size sheets of other brands.

State and City maps probably next to get for car.

>Jack
>Spare
>Tire iron
>45acp

dragon dildos... never know who I will run into

is this some kind of /k/ copypasta meme that I'm unaware of?

I think the user you are replying to is just severely autistic. The only thing missing from his list is tendies.

>is this some kind of /k/ copypasta meme that I'm unaware of?

I think he is sincerely answering OP's request for HELPFUL INFO and not trying to please YOUR need for people to only post non-useful snarky comments.

Never seen that as copypasta anywhere in /k/ but I appreciate that guy's trigger discipline and non-LOL attitude at being helpful.

Looks like a typical post from a /k/ edc thread.

>being a noguns euro fag

Holy shit this is nice.

But why $240? Like, is that some kind of amount you should have or is that just what you happen to carry in the car

$240 is the average cost of a good hooker.

10mm Wrench, Torque Bit and Wrench Set, 1 quart of oil, 1 quart of ATF, gallon of coolant, portable jack, and injector cleaner and a rabbits foot.

All in a tool box.

A bong and some buds 420 blaze it all day niqqa

basically this unless i'm heading into the mountains, then i throw my survival bag in the back.

also, my rifle ammo cannister lives behind my back seat

Now I gotta go make a bug out bag

1L bottle of water, mostly for rad if needed but have used it to wash my hands or for cuts
1qt oil
Jerry can
Jack (need a new one since OEM too short after I got my new tires)
Tire Iron
Tire gauge
Spare signal/breaklight bulb (after getting TWO fucking tickets on one bulb that blew out on a road trip, never again)
Combo flathead/phillips that fits all the gubbins on my car, but mostly to have a screwdriver always nearby if I need it for something. Doubles as a bottle opener)
900 amp jumpstarter (bought it when my old battery died when I was miles from civilization in the back country, I find it's much quicker than waiting for somebody to stop by and give you a jump in the middle of nowhere; bonus, I made an adapter for it to power my 12V cordless power tools)
Couple of beat up towels (good for keeping stuff from rubbing that you're hauling, drying things, wiping mud/blood off you)
Roll of shop towels
Round file (for cleaning terminal contacts)
3 ton comealong
Small shovel
Brick hammer
Couple of tie downs
Roll of duct tape
Roll of electrical tape
Small pocket knife
Bottle of hand sanitizer
Bottle of aspirin
Phone cable to connect to radio
Air freshener

I really need to carry some vise grips too, but the ones I have are all 1890's whale heads and I like them too much to treat them as disposable car tools.

Serious question guys, how much roughly should I put down or make in order to buy an SUV (4Runner) that costs about 37k?
Ive heard that 20-25% is normal but I dont know how much I should make on average. Id figure since my rent is cheap maybe about 18hr?

Yes. At least 20% down and your payment shouldn't be more than 30% of your monthly income