Its 1977 and you're a bum fresh out of high school...

Its 1977 and you're a bum fresh out of high school. Your dad decided to send you to Germany for a year so you would be away from your dimwitted alcoholic friends who stoplight race their parents' Buicks and Fords and wave their penises at high school football games. Your dad tells you you can have any car you want as long as its sold in Germany, he somehow believes that since most cars in Germany are 4 cylinder that they'll be underpowered shitboxes and not V8 beasts like the jocks at school had. He'll even pay all the expenses for the car. What do you pick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwU-nievMY8
youtube.com/watch?v=WHjs-pcyg8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=rz_VDwgLemU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why don't you just ask for recommendations for a 70s German car which is what you're hinting at instead of making a shitty super specific scenario?

MERCI

Because I'm making fun of this thread:

>1977
>wanting to be near a commie shithole
>wanting to fear for your life every waking moment

I'd opt for a used Triumph TR5 convertible. I'd tell sweet dad that it's an underpowered inline-4 and I wouldn't be lying.

>Your dad decided to send you to Germany for a year so you would be away from your dimwitted alcoholic friends
So he sends you to a country that might as well be called "Beermany"?

A Ford T5.

Rover P5B
It was the only landbarge in Europe

Forgot pic

No doubt I'd go for an ingrown outrider tr6 double twin inline turbo custom baby thats some serious power.

Does it have to be a 4 cylinder German car?

yeahhh now were talkin baby

So September 1977?

I'd get a 1978 model year Porsche 911 Turbo with 3.3l flat six and intercooler. It's Germany's fastest production car

you'll lift-off oversteer into a tree, kid.

>not going out in a blazing fireball of glory

>implying it's the lift off oversteer that kills you
It swings it's back end around when the car hits boost mid corner, you go from making barely over 100bhp to well over 250bhp once you hit 4000 rpm

630csi.

I'd say fuck that nigga, drop out and join the Marine corps and buy myself a fuckin z28
>1977
>driving cuck mobiles from a country that's never won a war

>1977
>german car
BMW it is
(RIP BMW)

Stay redneck

Mein Neger!!

Mercedes 600

>pressurized oil line leaks
>cuts you to the bone

Opel Diplomat with a 327 just to piss off the old man

Slow in, fast out user!

Porsche 928

>yfw I'm a beaner

You fags have no taste

>driving that every day
Don't be a retard

>sold in germany in 1977

Excellent, the v6 version had already come out by then.

Depends where you live. I live in the sticks, surrounded by fields, trees, and country roads. I would love a strat replica with an ecoboost V6 to bomb around every damn day.
A more traditional DD in the city? No, you have a point. Not everyone has that tho

This, it's 1977 you said? Here's what I would do
>tell mommy and daddy to eat a dick
>come back and enlist I'm post Vietnam military
>pickup rank stupid easy and do hard drugs because old school army no Sjws, women, or cucks
>buy a 69 chevelle for dirt cheap and slay bitches in it
>kek at euro fags still struggling to rebuild from 30 years ago, living in the Soviets backyard driving 1.2 liter cuckmobiles

Opel Manta GT/E

> F/R
> handling

With the (in)famous PRV V6? Might as well be a 4 banger!

Lel

My dad was sent to germany in the 80s while in the army and that's the car he bought.

infamous why? It's extremely reliable, can make good power and sounds good.

youtube.com/watch?v=nwU-nievMY8

youtube.com/watch?v=WHjs-pcyg8Q
(yes it's an prv engine, the busso does not have a 90ยบ bank angle. Rules allowed it because alfa did use the engine at one point)

youtube.com/watch?v=rz_VDwgLemU

Maybe your problem with it is due to the delorean using it, but it still was the best bit in that car other than the design.

> 1977
> Rover
Hope you enjoy pushing it places.

Hope you know a good mechanic to deal with the rust.

>P5 in production until 1973
>Also the best Rover product by far,before the calm before the storm p6 and the tragic sd1

Piss off

That looks much better than the pictures I've seen of it before. The lines aren't nearly as ancient-looking there.

>oh well, no more V8s for me
>guess I have to get used to a V12
>woe is me