G37 vs 335i

G37 vs 335i

The G37 is a cheaper, and you get 330hp vs 300hp from the BMW. Its also Cheaper to maintain.

The BMW 335i, with a tune can be alot faster, handles better (IMO) looks a bit better, gets better fuel economy, and is bigger inside/out. However is much more expensive to maintain.

G37. The N54 in the E9X 335i was problematic to put it lightly, the 328i/330i are okay though.

As the owner of a E92 335i, bone stock I have never lost to a G37, and I don't even have the N54. With the tune it's even worse. The BMW costs more because it's all around a better car. Not saying you aren't getting fucked at the stealership, because you are, but it is the better car.

My brother had this choice, got the G37 (sedan).

I've been reading around, and all of the problems people are reporting (oil leaking around oil filter, fuel injector failure, high pressure fuel pump failure) are covered under recall notices.

I just read the motortrend review, and the 335i is not only significantly lighter (about 250lbs), but its also about half a second quicker.

What do you pay yearly for basic maintenance (oil changes, brake pads etc)?

HPFP is covered up to 120k

>G37 vs 335i
Both are worse than a VE Commodore

The person who owned the car before me had a bunch of warranties put on the car, so I don't really pay all that much, without warranties about 2-3k a year if your unlucky, relestically 1500, maybe 2

Huh, if that's the case I might look at a 335i myself as I'm already considering buying an E92 in a couple years.

I'm looking at cars in the ~80k mile range. (130k KM)

Don't get those in Canada.

Then you may run a higher risk, certain parts are covered under factory warranty, such as the HPFP, but basic shit is going to add up quick at the stealership if you don't fix it yourself

I've been looking at the G37/G35 as well. People are reporting no issues what so ever....

If I could get a break down of how much it would cost to do some maintenance items then that would be the deciding factor. I know the 335i will be more expensive but just how much more.

Things I want to know:

Oil Change
Brake Pads (I can do these myself)
Brake Fluid
Power Steering Fluid
Transmission Service/Flush
Diff Fluid
Serpentine Belt (Again I can do myself)

I owned a G35 coupe for a couple years, great car maintenance wise. The only things I ever had to replace were oil and brakes, and the car had almost 100k miles on it. Always ran flawlessly. However, It didn't feel very fast and it understeered terribly. My Civic Si handles much better on curvy roads.

Auto only m8

How often were the oil change intervals, and how much did it cost per?

On the 335i they are saying ~12k miles and its about $100-150. At that rate I'm only doing it once a year (drive 10k miles/yr).

I did all the maintenance myself, and changed it every 5k miles. Costs about $45 for synthetic oil plus filter. You could probably do it every 10k miles though, I just like to keep it clean..

$100 is waaayyy too much for an oil change holy shit.