Shitbox to learn manual

None of my friends own a manual.

Don't want to waste my meager resources on something and end up hating it.

Looking for something that would be cheap on insurance as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

athensga.craigslist.org/search/cta
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

find a old beat to shit manual corolla or something for 2 grand

drive it for a few months and if you dont like it sell it

how much can you afford? 2k? 3k? post your local craigslist.

This. I bought a $1500 shitbox miata and drove it for about 750 miles until it broke. Then bought a real manual.

Go to a local police auction and find literally any manual shitbox you want. They let people test drive them in the parking lot before they get put on the block

2k would be best.

athensga.craigslist.org/search/cta

Just buy an old Corolla or an old Geo Prizm. I bought a prizm for $400 and followed a YouTube video. Had it down in a few days. Never thought I could do it, but I did.

I don't understand this. Surely your parents could drive your dream boyracer car home, then drive you to an empty parking lot. It takes one day of continuous practice to master.

>tfw my parents refused adamantly to learn manual
>tfw they wouldn't buy me a car that wasn't automatic
>tfw I actually took Veeky Forums's advice and said no
I regret my decision, even if it was a year ago. I still can't afford a car, and I've been riding public transport or my scooter since. I feel like an ungrateful brat for refusing a free car.

I don't have to learn manual and my automatic drives just fine.

Just wanted to give it a taste test. Boyracer in a shitbox? Are you ok?

Not OP at the least but never say no to a free car.

>tfw first car was manual
>tfw learned manual before I was even 16

thanks dad

Yeah
How do I get the car hone after I buy it? Nobody I know knows manual

Uhh... Tow it? Ohh, I get it. You were just pretending to be retarded.

By being very careful in your attempts to charm that magic third pedal.

So sell your scooter and get a job faggit. Why is this so unheard of to young people?

Your automatic is nowhere near as fun as my manual.
Prove me wrong.

Mine is rwd.
Rwd auto > fwd manual

Mines rwd and 4wd. Try again.

>>tfw my parents refused adamantly to learn manual
How old are they? My parents both know stick just because when they were kids half the cars on the road had
>muh three on the tree

They also would have taught me the basics of driving stick even if I didn't really want to learn because it's a practical skill.

That's not the point.

Uhh, yes it is.

I applied to 20 jobs so far, but nobody wants me. I wanted a job for the summer, but all those jobs are being taken-up by highschoolers and illegal immigrants.

I'm hoping this engineering degree pays off, because I'm constantly stressed, have absolutely no time, and am constantly studying.

Parents are currently 42 and 40 years old. My dad knows how to drive manual but he says "it's more difficult than you think, and I nearly stalled on the highway back when I was your age". I know that's bullshit because my scooter is "manual" and it's not hard at all. It's become an autonomous function at this point.

Yea yea, same sob story as everyone else. I bet you even dressed properly when you applied. Perhaps you even followed up with the application process. Maybe you studied the company and impressed them with your knowledge.

Ohh wait, no you didn't, because you're still a jobless bum. Try those things, then get back to me.

>stalling on a highway while moving
That is literally the hardest thing to do ever.

I do dress properly on a daily basis, and I'm no bum. Jobs don't just grow on trees, even part-time ones are difficult to get this time of year. Companies opt to hire younger kids because they don't need the same benefits that adults do. I follow-up with every job, and so far the only places that have contacted me back said 'no'.

Not to mention all labor jobs I've applied to at farms are being taken by spics.

So stop applying for teenager jobs. Go to local flooring suppliers and apply to move pallets. Go to service companies and apply to do office work. Someone in your town needs a regular american to do a regular job. The main problem I have with people that bitch about being unemployed is that they always apply at Walmart, Ross, McDonald's, etc, then bitch because someone else got the job. That's because you're applying with the thousands of others that know about Walmart. Apply at those places you think you need to be qualified for. It would shock you how many will hire off the street nobodies.
I personally became a delivery/installer of restaurant equipment for 1 year with only a GED. 5 years later I'm a service tech making $20 an hour. It's not alot, but I don't expect gold with no degree.

> 5 years later
> 20 dollars an hour

God bless the flyover States

instead of spending a couple grand on a car just spend a few hundred bucks on lessons

Try Florida. More spics than you could handle, my friend.

Step 1: Buy car
Step 2: Assure yourself that you'll always be able to buy a new clutch
Step 3: Depress far left pedal all the way
Step 4: Turn key
Step 5: Look at the pattern on or near the crunch stuck and move it so it should be in 1
Step 6: Slowly let off that pedal and give it a good bit of gas, just don't gun it or you'll mustang into the nearest crowd
Step 7: Observe the car begin to move
Step 8: All the way off the pedal
Step 9: Drive home never stopping or exceeding ~30mph

>$20 after five years
>Service tech
>Tfw production line worker making $20 after a year

Ok OP, hold up. Why are you going to do this?

I borrowed my brother's Jetta to learn standard in because I was afraid I'd somehow wreck my future R32 GT-R. But if you think about it, you aren't going to be doing any damage to it, unless you're retarded enough to burn out the clutch or grind gears.

CRX of course

Cause I feel like learning manual.

you can't fucking stall on the highway unless it's stop and go traffic, where you can just start it again

90s Jeep Wrangler.

All these people with fathers to teach them
Check your father-having privileges fuckfaces t

>I nearly stalled on the highway back when I was your age

It takes skill to fuck up this badly, and I don't mean it in a good way

>Not to mention all labor jobs I've applied to at farms are being taken by spics.

I work on a farm. Oddly enough, a position opened up as they fired every single Mexican overnight.

I'm supplied housing as I work on the farm. Boss man said the one house wasn't salvageable. I decided to check it out.
>The Mexicans were supplied housing
>Boss man told me before they moved in the house was refurbished
>As I approached the house a stench unlike no other hit me in the face
>The Mexicans had 3 dogs
>They ripped all the carpet out
>There was water damage on the floor but not the ceiling
>An entire bedroom was turned into a trashcan
>Basement was also a trashcan
>Old corona bottles everywhere
>40# dog food bags everywhere
>Eventually stumbled upon a 40# bag of dog food in the living room closet
>The entire bag was filled with dog shit
>Holy fuck every bag of dog food is actually a bag of dog shit
>Solved the mystery of the water damaged floor
>The Mexican's actually lived like this
>They were okay with the dogs using the house as a shitter
>Okay with just storing it in the house inside dog food bags

fucking mexicunts..

the insurance is gonna be a bit much because >"lel sports car" but you could get an old sn95 with a manual. they're cheap as fuck for the v6 models and even the decent gts with the 4.6l run around 3k. those things are fucking everywhere, and i would know because i own one.

sadly mine's an auto.. twas my first car, bought it at 400 bucks because it was a total, so i didn't have much choice what tranny was in it

The sn95 and gen after that had hard as fuck clutches, could barely spin the tires and didn't turn worth a shit. Terrible first manual.

if they couldn't spin the tires then why do they always loose traction and go sideways straight into crowds of people?

mine can turn. though i have subframe connectors, a cage that keeps her ridgid and grippy af tires so that helps a bit