Hot hatch thread

Recently bought a clio 0.9 tce and I know I'm going to get flak for this but, what can I do to make it a bit faster. If I want to go all out with induction and de-cat will it put it at a risk of engine failure or such.

>pic unrelated but do want

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/like/141770697958?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a turbo, right? The only choice is a remap. Everything else is a waste of time and money.

ls1 swap it. $500 and an afternoon

this. cheapest and fastest. tires and suspension are a given. I wouldn't really go much further than that. you can de-cat it if you want, but that will require you to trick the sensors.

no point going further than that and you won't be gaining much without doing like a full tuner build, which would defeat the purpose of buying a tce in the first place.

> 900 cc
> 90hp
> Maybe 95 lb/ft

Wew lad, nice choice

>900 cc
>in a brand new car

yuros amirite

But what can you expect from that engine factoring in reliability?
Those small displacement, small turbo engines are basically already at their limit

You won't gain much. Reliability shouldn't suffer with a remap.

>europeans are so fucking poor that their engines can't even have a full liter of displacement

ebay.com/itm/like/141770697958?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Here's your sensor "tricking device." All it does is restrict the amount of gasses the secondary o2 sensor sees, so it thinks there's a perfectly good working cat between it and the primary o2 sensor. The primary sensor is before any emissions controls, it is there to determine air-fuel ratios for the ECU. The secondary is simply an emissions control device, to make sure the readings are different from the primary.

Basically, replace the cat with a "test pipe" and remove the secondary o2 sensor. Screw this in where the secondary sensor was, then screw the sensor into it. Your computer won't know what happened.

>Those small displacement, small turbo engines are basically already at their limit
I agree they probably are, but if you're going to gain anything that you can feel, for cheap, it would be with a remap.

The only options in cases like this are E85, meth/water injection, and remap.

Anything more and you might as well rebuild the entire turbo system and engine because they're already pretty close to their max in OEM form like you said.

So induction is a no go? New to this so I don't know very much in terms of small engines and their limits

Just want my clio to be the fastest little 0.9 on the road

It won't be. Do an eco tune. Bit more power (or, more importantly, torque), less consumption.

Are you still on warranty?

Your car has the same power as my ancient 600cc motorcycle and I'd imagine gets similar fuel economy. This is not acceptable.

>no Clio v6 in your life
North America is gay

>buys hothatch
>too slow
lmao, sounds like 20k well spent

Yeah still on warranty but just for 6 more months

Bought hatchback not hot hatch, looking to make said hatch a little warmer

>americans are so fucking stupid that their engines have five liters of displacements and they still only get to 65 mph

>0.9tce
>hot hatch
I mean... It probably sounds nice because it's got a 3 cylinder engine. Can we get a video?

> motorcycle weight
> car weight

Do you even math, bro?

>he thinks every american drives an american car

2015 top 10 usa :

1. Ford F-Series (357 180)
2. Chevrolet Silverado (275 822)
3. Toyota Camry (215 816)
4. Ram Pick-up (212 716)
5. Toyota Corolla (190 131)
6. Honda CR-V (163 018)
7. Nissan Altima (162 031)
8. Honda Civic (158 301)
9. Honda Accord (155 746)
10. Ford Fusion (153 158)

Clio ? 1 !

Engine ? 2.0L, or nothing !

I don't think you can push it a lot more without some simple mods, tbqhwyf.

>europoors have to make up retarded shit like this to refute completely valid arguments
Enjoy your moped engine

Buying a whole new car. Seriously.

Just get a Clio 3 RS, the Clio 4 is shit in general

You fucking idiots think that that 900cc isn't already working at borderline efficiency. Yet you want to remap it..

Yeah, I'm sure durability and longevity won't be affected at all.

That's the biggest myth. You're effectively removing the safety margins left by the engineers. Of course reliability is affected. No one remaps a car to go slower.

Turbo, clutch, injectors, are always on the front line to bite the dust. All of them usually cheap stuff...

Just use the fucking car as it is, save for a better one. Start messing with it and down the road you won't have money either to fix it nor to buy something different.

Don't be ungrateful for what your parents bought you.

>0.9

Surely this is a typo right? Nobody would actually purchase something so limp and powerless, correct?

3cyl, 0.898L, turbo : 90hp

90hp is more than enough for a city car

You used to have that kind of power with 1.6/1.8/2.0 engines.

ITT: cucks that can't have a real car for one reason or another

fun is not allowed in yurop

In the quoted post: a cuck that rides the bus

No wonder they're all cucks.

>6.2 liters
>slower than a 1.2 liter car built in a shed by britbongs

americucks WILL defend this

>GM
There's your problem.

>cars for girls

BTFO

Well, what about other tracks? Nürburgring?

Besides, one of those is a car, the other is a go-cart.

And before you start, I am not american

but you are an assblasted GM fangirl

and you did get BTFO

kek

No, I am a BMW fangirl and to be honest oli don't give give jack shit about the go-cart or the vette but cherry picking is still retarded

>go-kart
>legal to drive on roads
Not without modification it isn't, yet the radical SR4 1.2 is a fully road-legal vehicle in most countries, including America.

Well not a literal go-cart ofc, its a metaphor for fucks sake. Road legal or not

>metaphor
It's still a road car and your GM shitmobile got GTFO by one. No matter what spin you try to put on this CAR, the GM CAR is BTFO and so are you.

whatever makes you sleep

NICE

IIRC it did a 7:13 at Nurburgring

that's pretty slick if its true. vette did 7:19 something?

couldn't find anything on it though

The 1.8 F7P isn't bad either 2bh.

The best way to make the car really go faster is by making it lighter. Take out anything you don't need, lose 200 kg.

My car only has 75HP, but also only weighs 800kg and it's surprisingly nimble and quick.

2003 Radical SR3 Turbo - 7:19
2002 Radical SR3 - 7:42
2010 Radical Sr4 - No time Available
2012 Chevrolet Corvette 7:19.63

Ford GT (550ch) 7:52.00
Renault Megane RS (275ch) 7:54.36

lol

Stage 1 weight reduction

>spare tire / jack delete
>rear floormat delete
>glovebox car manual delete
>half filled wiper fluid
>half gas tank

muricaaaa

EUROFAGS BTFO

I barely like driving my 2.4l 4 cylinder I couldn't imagine driving something that small
Getting a v8 or for my next car or truck

yuropoors have never experienced power, acceleration or speed, they'll take whatever they can afford
which is barely anything because the government cucks them too hard

Fiat's twinair runs at 105hp on some models.

>passenger headrest delete
>short throw door handles
>cup holder delete
>carbon fiber cabin air filter

Not hugely into cars but I just leased one of these and probably plan on buying it if I like it after three years, and will most likely pick up a daily driver and make it a project car. Did I fuck up?

looks breddy gud to me

>3 cylinders
>90 hp
>hot hatch
A Prius is more of a hot hatch than that

Literally kill yourself europoor

That's every DI engine on the planet,, not just VW.

no, actually. toyota uses direct injection as well as port on the same motor to clean the intake valves. it's called D4S

his car will have its torque mid range

>Recently bought a clio 0.9 tce and I know I'm going to get flak for this but, what can I do to make it a bit faster.

Use thinner oil for slightly more power from the engine. Instead of 5W-30, you can use 5W-20 oil.