I work at burger king. I make 8.50 an hour...

I work at burger king. I make 8.50 an hour. Should I wait until Hillary wins to quit and get that $15 wage or quit now and start a business.

Other urls found in this thread:

theweek.com/articles/451908/republicans-raise-minimum-wage-history-says-yes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shipping containers not the best business venture right now famalam.

what business are you going to start?

realistically you should start a business while still working your joe job and only quit when the biz is paying more than BK does.

$15 per hour wont matter since $15 will be worth $7 in todays money.. when will libshits ever learn

They might be soon; a bunch of companies are getting insurance payouts for the contents of containers stranded on ships.

The insurance companies are auctioning off the containers, sight unseen, because they don't want to be stuck with them.

It might be a chance to pick up a bunch of stuff you can resell cheap, or you might get a bunch of spoiled food.

every president since 1938 has raised the minimum wage.

most were republicans.

Minimum wage wont be $15 before you retire regardless of who wins

So innaccurate it hurts

False. Wtf are you talking about

your going to be waiting a LOOOOONG time then

>he doesn't know how to use a search engine

theweek.com/articles/451908/republicans-raise-minimum-wage-history-says-yes

Keep your job and invest on the side. If you're a friendless neet you can even get a second job and use the income purely for investing. Never stop earning income and investing.

If you can start a business then great, but those usually take startup costs and you often won't see returns for potentially years. (So don't quit your job unless you have another immediate means to generate income.)

Being a wageslave isn't so bad. View it as a stepping stone to get your goals in life. The only thing you should be doing in a wageslave job is working towards getting out of the wageslave job and into a job you do want to work in.

Whether that be tuition money towards a degree for better pay, or earning enough to purchase a new tech system for an online money making method. Set goals and know what you need to do to meet them.

>those usually take startup costs and you often won't see returns for potentially years.
you believe this because you're unaware of most businesses. Mostly because they don't sell to you, the non-business-owning public.

most businesses have startup costs anyone can afford and show profits before they even exist.

>most businesses have startup costs anyone can afford and show profits before they even exist.

Fair enough. What are some examples of where this is common?

any aspect of construction or building maintenance.

Obama didnt raise the minimum wage. Reagan didnt raise the minimum wage. Gerald Ford didnt raise it. All of those raises were by democratic congresses except for 96 with clinton as president. Check your fucking facts before spouting off your ignorant opinions.

>business making a profit before it exists
Are you retarded

>Reagan didnt raise the minimum wage
he granted amnesty to millions of illegals so we let him slide.

>All of those raises were by democratic congresses
did I say congresses or did I say presidents?
learn to read, moron.

>building a business and hoping market share comes along later

this is why you don't own a business, my friend.

You said every president which was a blatant lie. Then you implied that republicans are responsible for fed min wage increases which again is false. Basically you just splurted out a bunch of bullshit you saw on a buzzfeed article or whatever equivalent clickbait whoresite you got that from and took it as gospel

Ok pumpkin whatever you say. Keep telling yourself your nonexistant business had a great quarter

you named two that didn't, afaik Ford did though.

but in the US the way it works is the president has the ultimate power to veto a wage increase.

meaning they very much DID pass it. They could have stopped it by not signing the bill.

none did. Republican presidents don't turn down increases to minimum wage bills.

>he thinks the president increases the minimum wage

The only moron is you, user.

I understand when you are bidding on a worksite you are usually paid beforehand to cover equipment costs and such, but I would assume that the customer would expect you to have the equipment already, and they wouldn't be paying your insurance for your workers, or a storage facility for your equipment...

Maybe I'm just not seeing it. Would you mind breaking it down in simple but defined terms/scenarios?

I just don't see how you could start a construction company without spending any money. (And see profit afterwards)

>Ok pumpkin whatever you say.
It's an important point.

people that don't own businesses think "if I build it they will come." And they almost always fail.

real business owners take orders for product before the business even exists. You build a business around a revenue stream, not the other way round.

whether it's a restaurant owner that started off by renting a kitchen and catering or the construction contractor that gets hired to build a house before he has a business license, the smart thing to do is get your product selling before you make a business of it.

>he doesn't know the president has to sign a bill or it doesn't become law.

If you have a contact in hand or a solid revenue stream coming in you can easily get a loan to start a business.

if you don't have any money coming in you're not going to get a loan and frankly there's no reason to start a business to serve clients that don't exist and may never.

unless you've got the money to burn.

>he doesn't know congress can vote around a veto

>contact
contract

it never happened because every republican president that had the chance signed it.

they all raised the minimum wage. Except for Reagan when congress didn't try to raise it.

>Obama didnt raise the minimum wage.
oops, I missed that one.

He raised the minimum for federal workers and contractors. Best he could do since congress never sent him a min wage bill.

$15/hour is nothing to aspire to senpai. If you have a solid plan, go found a business, if not, look for a real job.

If they didn't sign those min wage bills, the public would've gone batshit. Look at how everyone went batshit for a month when no updated bill was created.

Maybe, though most of the public doesn't make min wage.

I think most of them passed the normal way, dems offered republicans concessions to sweeten the deal. Republicans no longer make deals, but that's going to end soon.

Ford did not. Youre an idiot

This post is so dumb i dont know whether to pity or mock you

Ignore this user hes an idiot that has never worked a day in construction much less know how the business operates. Yes a construction company has significant start up costs

>doesn't know you can borrow against an assignable contract
>thinks you can borrow just as much against nothing

>thinks he can start a construction company with no start up cost
>thinks restaurant owners rent out kitchens before starting their own
Youre a dumbass

still can't read, can ya?
what's an idiot like you doing on a board like this anyways?

I said the construction costs can be paid by borrowing against the existing revenue.

and no, most restauranteurs don't start off catering out of a rented kitchen, and most of them fail.

brick and mortar stores usually require the business to be built before the revenue comes in. And that's why they generally fail.

Youre one of the dumbest people ive had the pleasure of being trolled by.

dunning kruger in full effect.

good luck, you're going to need it. Your brain isn't taking you anywhere.

>thinks construction companies have no start up costs
>calls other people dumb
Lol ok man

>still trolling
you and your straw man have a nice day.

Google the definition of straw man. I know its a cool buzzword but its not applicable here

show me the post where I said construction companies don't have startup costs then.

I'll hold my breath and stand over here waiting.

Google the definition of Google then. You won't find any because it isn't a real word.

I googled it and there are millions of results. Youre an idiot

>all shipping compabies making losses for years
>one of the big ones goes down
>the whole business is rekt
>time to invest
good business plan you got there m8

Try reading more than the first 3 words.

* Shipping containers are stranded on ships owned by bankrupt companies.
* Owners of containers are getting insurance payouts, and surrendering ownership to the insurance companies
* Insurance companies don't want to own them, so are selling them off cheap (like a large scale version of a storage unit auction).
* Now might be a good time to buy a couple of stranded containers, to get stuff for cheap that you can resell online.

Dude i work at krispy kreme and get paid 10.50 an hour.

why not?

You talking about that railroad from China to Germany? It takes a 100 trains to ship the same containers as one boat.

A big shipping company in China bankrupted. Hanjin.